[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw 31 years old and in better shape than you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: 110124-lalanne2.jpg (137KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
110124-lalanne2.jpg
137KB, 1000x562px
>tfw 31 years old and in better shape than you
>>
That face is 30? Must be vegan. Brace yourself, fag. I'm 30 now, but I'm gonna catch up to you in six months. Just you wait.
>>
>>39125661
Proof that roids makes you age 3x faster
>>
>>39125689
>Doesn't know who Jack Lalanne is
>>
Whenever I see guys in their 20s at the gym that clearly aren't making it, I just shake my head. There's no hope for them. It'll never get easier.
>>
>>39125700
Of course I don't know who everyone on the planet is. You can say the name of most movie stars and I don't give two fucks to match a face with the name.
>>
File: carpet.jpg (65KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
carpet.jpg
65KB, 500x500px
>>39125661

I'm 46 you guzzling fag.

Bench 325 Squat 425 Dlift 430.

Zero 'roids. Zero P.H. Zero Test Therapy.

>my mum is 71 and 4' 11" 98 lbs.
>>
File: ss+(2015-06-30+at+12.40.25).jpg (23KB, 351x291px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-06-30+at+12.40.25).jpg
23KB, 351x291px
>>39125912
>doesn't even study fitness and lifting culture lore
>>
>>39125912
the jumping jack is literally named after him

he was the pioneer of the entire fitness industry

there would be no /fit/ without him
>>
>>39125912
he invented fitness you fucking idiot
>>
>>39126109
>>39125912
what did he do when he turned 70? decided to pull 70 boats in the water while handcuffed and shackled. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skRb-oND3qA

im surprised fit doesnt worship this guy. he beat arnie in a pushup/chinup competition, when arnie was 21 and he was 54.
>>
>>39125967
I don't need to know trivia to make it. Sorry man.
>>39126109
Now that I know, I can respect the man, but that doesn't mean I'm going to remember his face or his name once this thread dies. It's just not important enough to me for me to care. Is it my obligation to learn about the guy? To hang a portrait on my wall? Good on him for being the man that he is, but I did fine without knowing about him and its not going to make me a better person now that I do.
>>
>>39126133
When you started a sport of any kind, did you start playing with friends in a field? On a team maybe growing up? Did you instead say, "Hol' up. I need to see how this sport began before I can enjoy it." Fuck no you didn't. I enjoy fitness and health, but fuck no if I spent the time looking how it got started. I'm learning about it post improvement, not about the activity in its infancy.
That said, hats off to the man. You've all piqued my interest enough to open a book and read about him while working.
>>
>Man speaking publicly about fitness and health and how it affects the country, a healthy population makes a healthy nation.

A great man. Too bad those words would now fall upon deaf ears in the States. Looking at the state of the country and what I've been learning about health and fitness, I have an identical mindset as LaLanne. I take everything I said about not caring in this thread back. This man is a perfect role model for me. I don't regret not hearing about him before now as I am still a novice myself. But now was the perfect time for me to learn about him. Thanks, /Fit/. We're all going to make it.
>>
File: 1452439655331.gif (2MB, 235x240px) Image search: [Google]
1452439655331.gif
2MB, 235x240px
>>39126436
good on you, anon! jack was the fucking man.
>>
File: download.jpg (12KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12KB, 225x225px
>>39126436
arnold released this when he died:

"From the moment I met Jack on Venice Beach in 1968, I knew I'd never meet someone with so much energy - to keep himself in the best shape imaginable, but also to motivate everyone around him to get moving, eat well, and be the best version of themselves. He was on a mission to make a healthier world, and he wouldn't be content until he'd touched every person he could. He did just that, through his fantastic television shows, his innovative products, and his contagious spirit. He was so adamant about fitness that it was never about just himself and being the fittest man in the world, it was always about how he could make everyone else join him."

can /fit/ please start worshiping a guy who invented modern fitness and lived to be 96 instead of some 20 year old drug addict who died in a sauna?

pic related - jack on the right
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.