[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else burned out?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: Crying apeman.jpg (35KB, 365x305px) Image search: [Google]
Crying apeman.jpg
35KB, 365x305px
Been lifting for 3 years, but I'll be the first to admit I fucked up. I did SS,PPL and SL during that time, but I didn't watch my food and I barely made gains. Food is fucking important for the newbies out there and that's an understatement... After these three wasted years I'm however burned out. Two months ago I started skipping gym sessions and now I'm lucky if I even go once in a week. I'm feeling depressed and I've lost the pitifull strength/ gains I made and returned to being skinnyfat.

I'm thinking of taking a long break and returning with new vigor. New program and actually eating right. For now my plan is to focus on other sports and get my life together. I hope to somehow drop the fat and turn skelly so I have a good base to return with. I can't even remember the times when I didnt have slight manboobs.

Point of this thread:
Anyone else burned out/ had a burn out? How did you cope with it? Did you make a recovery or quit lifting? What's your story?
>>
worst idea ever
go back to lifting *NOW*. muscle memory will serve your well now but if you leave, you will feel desperate when you realize that you gotta work for years again to only achieve what you have, and consider mediocre, now. dont spend a week that you havent lifted at least twice. take my advice bro. i love bros
>>
>>39124255
this desu

how does one cure cns burnout?
>>
>>39124767
The issue is that I already 'feel' that I have to work for years again despite having only made gains for maybe 3 months during those years. I do appreciate your kind words bro.
>>
>>39124255
Pls explain how did you ruin your diet. What were you eating?
>>
>>39124992
He said he wasn't watching what he ate. He probably was eating at a TDEE that was maintenance and never gained any muscle
>>
I lifted for 8 months a few years ago, made some garbage progress, stopped and fell down to Auschwitz mode. I started again 2 years back and am now at 2/3/4/5 and bigger and happier than I've ever been before.

The key is that the first time I did it for others: to have better luck with women and impress people. This time around I've done it for love of lifting, because I realised how much I enjoy it and love it.
>>
>>39124255
Im lifting 5 days a week, studying full time at uni, got a part time job, train martial arts, manage a side project for work and currently putting together a start up for a company
This does not stress me one single tiny bit so i cant really tell you much other than power through

For me however dating, lack of dateable girls and my overall poor dating experience stresses the shit out of me and i cant help it/fix it
What the fuck do i actually do about this?
>>
>>39124255
I'm going on my third year of lifting and only around six months ago did I truly get a grip on nutrition. It opened my eyes, and truly, like a child, my mind had suddenly been opened to the actual word of fitness and health. It's a game of constant improvement. You're never finished. To stop is to die. I am 30 years old and am only just now scratching the surface of the nutrition side of fitness. If you aren't my age or older, then you got to understand diet is important to body building sooner than I did. Approach with an open mind and pursue your fitness goals, now with a more solid idea of how to achieve said goals.
>>
>>39125065
What do you mean "lack of dateable girls"? Clarify your standards. I've never struggled with dating.
>>
Just eat Big now dude
Gainz Will fly
In like 2 weeks ull have better numbers then before and that's the only cure for ur fitness depresion
Just do it
>>
>>39125091
My standard for a girl (call it a first test, if you will) is that she has to be semi-cute, nice ass and a loving personality (i.e wants to spend time, cuddle, fuck)
All the girls ive met who fit this decription have been taken, except 2 that ive dated but things didnt work out since one had to leave town and the other was kind of fucked up in the head

its been a two year long search now and i shit you not, there are plenty of cute girls but none who are single
Hence my current issues with dating and id like to think if dating went smoother or i could actually have fucking dates i wouldnt be so stressed about it

Right now its just a massive problem i cannot fix no matter what bullshit i try and it just becomes this unpleasant thing i dont want to spend time focusing on and thats not how it should be
>>
File: 1475220888804.png (72KB, 366x263px) Image search: [Google]
1475220888804.png
72KB, 366x263px
>>39125065
damn, you are the exact opposite of me
I can pretty much date/fuck everything under the sun, but my work life is a mess and it stresses the shit out of me
>>
>>39125007
If he ate TDEE he would be a skeltal by now. He probably kept a horrible bulk and then those nasty cuts with only water and salads in a permacycle of doom.
>>
>>39125236
There are plenty of girls id like to fuck but i cant since they arent single

I dont understand how work can be stressful, its relaxing to me and presents a problem i can solve
Dating however is something i cannot fix but would love to be able to fix
>>
When I started stalling and plateauing I just started roiding and everything became amazing.
>>
>>39125295
>>39125007
Yeah pretty much this. I didn't really eat 'proteinrich' foods. When I bulked I ate way too much and did extreme harsh cuts while still eating crap. I did get better posture and some slight definition but I'm still skinnyfat. I really warn all the bro's here that think nutrition isn't as important.

>>39125089
Nailed it there. I'm going to come back to lifting and watch nutrition, but as of now I'm just tired. I can't be arsed to go to the gym anymore. I'll focus on running and playing hockey for a while and get back to it when the desire to lift comes back.
>>
>>39125065
I respect your work ethics brother. I truly wish you succes on the dating side aswell
>>
File: ape.jpg (162KB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
ape.jpg
162KB, 500x360px
>>39125150
Are you me bro? Had same with a girl who was fucked in the head. Still hoping altho I know it's pointless
>>
I made 2 threads on diet for beginners this past month and the overwhelming consensus was that you can eat a -400 calorie deficit and still gain muscle and strength, just by virtue of being a beginner and in an easy position to lose fat and add muscle simultaneously

what do you mean by food is important for noobies? am I being misled again?
>>
>>39128962
The quality of food is important, I mostly ate caloriedense food with bad macros. And yes, there were some gains but it was crap. For example I know my protein intake was way too low and my carb and fat intake way too high. It's mostly a friendly notion that: "Watch what you eat ain't a bullshit statement." I didn't give a shit and I had shit for gains...
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.