[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

whom /alcohol/ here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

over the last 6 months or so i've basically been trying to balance lifting, work and drinking, to moderate success.

>work is 12.5hr shifts
>2 day shifts, 2 night shifts
>come home in the morning, that day off + 4 more full days off

i usually go out with mates once a week and drink a fair bit (20 standards or so) and it's very enjoyable. i'll usually smoke a cigarette with every beer too, although i've been curbing this lately by being a vaping faggot. i don't smoke at all unless i'm out on a drinking night. because i work a 9 day roster most of my weekends are free, luckily some of my friends are degenerates and are willing to hound during the week with me. i know this is terrible for gains: not only because having a drinking night completely demotivates wanting to go to the gym, but it also ruins any gains made earlier that day (via liver prioritising the processing of alcohol over protein). it also fucks your body up in other ways, one of them being just a shit tonne of calories turning you into a fat fuck.

anyway, does anybody else have a lifestyle like this? it seems to be going well so far, my lifts are progressing slowly and i'm not putting on weight because i have enough will to keep a decent diet.

basically i'm mostly happy with this lifestyle, but there is something deep inside me which is unnerved about it and i'm not sure if this is normal behaviour, or if i'm being a fucking degenerate.
>>
>>39123871
meant to say that most of my weekends aren't free
>>
>>39123871
I did this when cut and realized that i couldn't get rid of my belly fat. Everything I've read says that alcohol and carbs in excess cause the body to store more fat around the stomach.

You're probably fine if you don't give a shit about that and just want gainz, but i had to cut alcohol to 1/mo in order to finally get rid of stomach fat.

I also found that after drinking I was worse about saying no to shitty food, but that's just a personal thing.
>>
File: IMG_1403.jpg (52KB, 515x496px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1403.jpg
52KB, 515x496px
>tfw alcohol is the only drug other than nicotine allowed in the military
> just wanna live that hedonism lifestyle on the weekends but can't
>>
>>39123871
>cigarettes

Just end yourself

I mean yiur situation is better than not lifting at all, but barely. If youre still interested in lifting a few years from now, you'll regret the way you're doing it now.
>>
File: IMG_3809.png (590KB, 697x697px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3809.png
590KB, 697x697px
Alcohol is like sucking a dick, it doesn't matter if you do it a little or a lot, you're still sucking a dick
>>
I've had to cut wayyy down

now I drink a jar of coffee every 3 days
god I love booze
used to drink a litre of whisky a day, or 6 litres of cider when broke
>>
File: ME Ultra Red-500x500.jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ME Ultra Red-500x500.jpg
52KB, 500x500px
Can someone explain the effects of lifting with energy drinks like pic related?

My friend drinks these non stop and I can't help but think it's got to be a strain on his heart but don't know enough to actually say anything about it.
>>
>>39124127
No
>>
>>39124152
well shit. thanks anyways /fit/
>>
I drink a few stouts every day after I train. why the fuck wouldn't you? it's tasty.
>>
>>39124067
i feel you man (OP here, forgot about this thread but realised the tab was still open hours later). i know it will be regrettable as far as lifting goes, but i'm talking more about making it in life in general. i've got a pretty made life via $100k job, hot gf, great friend group, great family etc, but i think if anything could end it all it would be alcoholism. i'm an ausfuck if that means anything, basically all my parents and relatives drink a lot of alcohol, it's fun but for some reason i feel guilty about doing it. maybe it's because i have to read so much american media and you boys are so cucked about alcohol (never drink, only water!), or maybe it's because there is actually something fucked up about this lifestyle. i could potentially see myself falling into full blown alcoholism some time in the future
>>
>>39123871
bump---wouldnt mind a few more replies, if not i'll let this thread die
>>
>>39124062
It's pretty retarded. Marijuana is still illegal when alcohol is a literal poison that kills you.
>>
What kind of job do you work with such a horrible shift pattern?
>>
>>39128015
would also like to know this
>>
is alcohol+creatine safe? help guys
>>
>>39124486
You lucky you got a100k job, being an also in Aus is expensive af
>>
I refuse to believe that a pint of Guinness once or twice a week is bad for me and you cannot convince me otherwise, fight me
>>
>>39123871
Whiskey has neen my saving grace on keto. Zero carbs. Good thing i enjoy it straight.

Went trom 300 to 230 drinking like a fish the whole time.
>>
>>39124486
You feel guilty because deep down you know its a crutch. And alcoholism WILL cause you to lose those things, its a question of when, not IF.
>>
File: re7.jpg (658KB, 2672x1503px) Image search: [Google]
re7.jpg
658KB, 2672x1503px
Just stocked up for the next 4 days
>>
>>39124127
probably too much caffeine. I get chest aches when i drink more than one redbull in a day.

>>39131871
are you black?
>>
>>39131871
are you indian?
>>
>>39131902
im white
>>
>>39123871
20 drinks is way too many man. Cut that in half, or by two-thirds, and you can still have fun without fucking up your gains so much.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.