[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Probiotic advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: giphy.gif (3MB, 480x290px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
3MB, 480x290px
TFW gut is fucked due to long course of antibiotics.

Help. How do I repair my asshole and associated parts?

Please tell me probiotics aren't just a meme and that they actually help.
>>
File: gutfloraandacidity.jpg (316KB, 974x1018px) Image search: [Google]
gutfloraandacidity.jpg
316KB, 974x1018px
>>39122442
How did you find out that we care about spooky gut things? Because I have a spooky gut things pastebin made

http://pastebin.com/ekSR1hwE

To iterate on your question: They do work if you have a problem. But you may also need to keep acidity in mind, on which foods you consume. And which kind of probiotic pills you get.
>>
>>39122457
Hey anon I think I fucked up my gut by being constipated for a number of years.

I took some antibiotics and have pretty bad gas.

Besides taking magnesium citrate to make my bm's more regular, what other things would you suggest in making my gut healthier, trying to reverse the damage that was done.
>>
Look into fecal transplantation.

They are by far the best way to restart a healthy gut flora.
>>
>>39122468
shit dude, to be honest, I dont know. I have been trying to fix my gut for a long time now. Because like many I fugged it up with sugar things, and candida. I had actual symptoms like white shit on my tongue, and itching in certain parts on my body, to such an extent that it caused my skin to get fucked up (anti fungal creme helped me with that).

I stopped doing sugars. Started to eat more probiotic foods, I make 1 liter of kefir, milk kefir each day. I was on a probiotic pills regime, one of many generic strains and one of l reuteri.

The thing is, this all DELAYED the symptoms of candida. It made the times when I had to apply the cream longer and longer, but it did not eliminate the problem.

So I completely went overboard recently and just got a little bit of everything probiotic. Perhaps that may help me, perhaps not.

So I am not sure if I can recommend anything to you. Fixing it is not an exact science yet. Its a lot of luck and guesswork.
>>
>>39122482
At one point I thought I might have had candida but I did the treatment + parasites and wormwood and nothing changed.

I ended up realizing after so long that I had been constipated to the point where I couldn't feel it anymore. Going to the washroom once a week wasn't odd and even was considered frequent for me.

Since I managed to get regular I seem to be doing much better. I also thought at one point I had Leaky Gut but I'm sure most of my issues stem from being constipated so terribly when I was younger.

It's too bad most doctors can't really help you with any of this and you have to do much of the guesswork if you want to improve your situation in many cases.
>>
>>39122457
>Highly alkaline
>lemon water
>>
>>39122442
Haha for real brother. I'd rather have sex with the vagina while she's on her period than sticking it in the anus, knowing she doesn't even use wet wipes.
>>
>>39122457
that is a fucking retarded picture
>>
Go to a real doctor and dont listen to this broscience shit. You should have taken probiotics together with your antibiotics though.
>>
>>39122442

Eat some yogurt and sauerkraut
>>
>>39122471
This. Eat your gf's ass once in a while. Delicious and good for you.
>>
yeah my gut is fucked. got so bad started shitting out blood
I buy this generic probiotic from amazon thats like $12
so far it's been helping my digestion problems.
I no longer eat dairy. and have switched to pea protein(yuck)

Life sucks but my gut is healthy again
>>
leafy greens, complex carbs / fibre, and yoghurt
>>
Probiotic supplements are a meme. Most of the CFUs get killed by your stomach. Get yourself some legit milk kefir, not the commercial stuff. It's like five times more powerful than yogurt or some shit.
>>
>>39124064
That is why they are inside of a capsule that is resistant to the stomach first, so they can reach your guts.
>>
File: do_not_dumb.jpg (90KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
do_not_dumb.jpg
90KB, 1280x960px
>>39122756
Not me but could you elaborate? I'm starting to research more about gut health and a infograph would be helpful for retention of the subject. Also, are there any methods of testing ones gut pH? Another subject is: when and how is eating pussy beneficial? Besides the obvious diet dependencies, I've read vaginas contain the same bacteria as the upper respiratory system in humans.
>>
>>39122482
>shit dude
>>
A vegetable based protein shake and L-Glutamine. I was pooping liquid for like 4 months, then I started doing a protein shake with a scoop of L-Glutamine and within a day or two my poops are the perfect consistency.

I also tried probioitics like a month before this but it didn't have any noticeable effect besides making me poop liquid black oil.
>>
>>39122442

my gut health stack is:

probiotic
digestive enzyme
lots of vegetables
grits
metamucil
lots of water

never have to rinse to be clean down there feels good mang
>>
>>39122442

Microbiota takes time to re-populate after antibiotics, sometimes the damage can be permanent.

You need to eat raw veg, lacto-fermented veg (like sawercrout) and stop washing your hands and your food more than you need. Gut bacteria won't apear out of nowhere, you need to eat them ...

Poop transplant is the fastest and most efficient way: http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/gastroenterology_hepatology/clinical_services/advanced_endoscopy/fecal_transplantation.html

Personally, I eat miso, tofu and probiotics regularly.

Don't eat fast-food (the preservatives in the food will also kill your gut microbes) and try to eat bio for leaf veggies (the pesticides will also harm your gut)

Bio does not matter for root vegies or the one you peel like oranges.
Don't eat shugar or even artificial sweeteners, they stil fuck up your insides by giving you unmet expectations of shigar.

Don't trust advices from random people on the internet, inform yourself and mostly, never trust a fat person. If you live in the USA, consider moving.
>>
>>39124416
>don't trust random people on the internet

??????????
>>
>>39124416
I'm in the uk.

Switching to organic veggies now anyway. Staying away from fast food too. (Pret a manger is fine right?)

Genuinely thinking about sticking a tub full of greek yogurt up my ass desu.

Hopefully won't get caught by my roommate.
>>
use raw apple cider vinegar
remove sugar
remove gluten
take/eat probiotics
>>
Eat fermented shit like sauerkraut and kimchee

Eat vegetables and don't be super uptight about how clean they are
>>
>>39124064
>Probiotics protected by a pill are killed by your stomach acid
>Probiotics sitting on the surface or floating in your food is magically protected

That's the most retarded meme, yet everyone keeps repeating it.
>>
>>39125177
>pret a manger
You know that's just a fancy description for fast food
>>
>>39124416

>>sawercrout
>>
>>39128283
But it's yummy and fresh.
>>
>>39127544
The thing is, kefir has a fuckton of more bacteria inside of it. Yes, something like 95% of them get killed. But the 5% remaining ones still are a fuckton.

Technically speaking I think that they number near the 30 billion for 1 liter of milk kefir, though I dont know the exact numbers (I read the research that had the exact numbers on how many bacteria in kefir survived a long time ago and thats the only thing I remember), thus one liter of kefir, averages about to one high quality probiotic pill.

The good thing about kefir is that its also a good food with lifters, since milk has a lot of protein. So its basically a 2 in 1 type of food for those of us who want to restore our gut bacteria, but also make gainz.

That at least is the reason why I have my own kefir stash.

but yea, the ranking of low-difficulty/efficiency goes

poop put into pills > High quality probiotic pill/kefir >average quality pro-biotic pill

Additionally this chart is also important>>39122457

You may not be able to alter the acidity of the stomach so much, but you can alter it a bit inside of your gut. If you eat too acidic, its kinda bad, but if you eat too alkaline, thats bad too. There even exist pre-biotic sea algae powders that have proper PH values for your bacteria. Combine it with things like nutaflora and a few other near meme things and it should work.

at least in theory. The thing is that many people mistake this as natural "sciences" or something close to homeopathy. But it isnt. The pastebin provided in the second reply to this thread proves that.

Autism.com also has a huge study going on that is investigating this link between gut things and autism. So as long as you keep in mind that it may not be a working solution, it is still somewhat a thing that can be considered truthful and scientific. Though mostly gambling as well.
>>
>>39122457
>drink more breast milk
Wonderful infographic you got there, anon.
>>
>>39128640
>Autism.com also has a huge study going on that is investigating this link between gut things and autism. So as long as you keep in mind that it may not be a working solution, it is still somewhat a thing that can be considered truthful and scientific. Though mostly gambling as well.
Why did I assume you were talking about 4chan when you said 'Autism.com'
>>
s. boulardii and l. plantarum 299v have helped me immensely
>>
>>39122442
medicfag here, probiotics in the UK had to stop being sold under a guise of a healthaid due to lack of evidence supporting their claims
Whether they work or not then, fuck knows, but you acquire a lot of your gut flora from your food and what not anyway so I wouldn't worry too much about it lasting for long

I remember erythromycin rekt my insides badly, I don't envy you
>>
>>39130719
That's exactly what I'm on.

4 pills a day senpai.
>>
>>39130738
You're gonna feel pretty shit so long as you're on them desu, there's no harm in giving probiotics a go just don't go sinking all your money into them cause as soon as you come off you'll be aite

And considering worse case scenario is you're on it for 4 months for like acne or some shit rather than say, the clap, the time'll fly
>>
>>39122609
When metabolized it goes from acidic to alkaline, blame science/biology.
>>
Anyone else take spirulina?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.