[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Brosplit and PPL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: Soya_Chunks_DSC0114-(1).jpg (14KB, 260x350px) Image search: [Google]
Soya_Chunks_DSC0114-(1).jpg
14KB, 260x350px
Whats the difference between brosplit and PPL?

Is it worth it for a newbie to do PPL?
>>
ppl works your muscle groups twice a week which is pretty optimal for natty lifters, brosplits only once which works if you roid because your muscles keep growing for a longer period of time and you can hit them insanely hard for that one day you hit them

A lot of people go SS -> PPL and it works pretty well. I'd say the biggest flaw is PPL is a 6 days a week program so people easily skip days here and there because that's a lot of gym
>>
>>39122061
Hmm makes sense
>>
>>39122576

Do an upper/lower so you're training 4X a week for them lifestyle gains tho. Disregard if you're not employed fulltime.
>>
>>39122667
What's a good ppl or upper/lower routine?
>>
>>39123228
that's the beauty of it, it works for whatever you want, want strength, train in few sets and reps and few excercises but make sure to hit chest/triceps/shoulders on one day and back/biceps on others. want mass, add in a shitload of excercises and tweak your rep ranges.

i personally like to go heavy on the compunds think 3-4x4-8 on heavy compounds and do the lighter compounds and isolation in 3-4x8-12.

the coolciada ppl routine is solid but it misses somethings i like, over time i've tweaked it as well, i could tell you what i'm doing if you're not satisfied with what you're seeing in most ppl routines
>>
>>39122045
Any good soy chunk recipe?
>>
>>39123228
Just make your own, you are more likely to stick to it.

So basically, it stands for PUSH PULL LEGS

So day one is all your pushing exercises, Bench Press, OHP, Dips anything that involves PUSHING the weight. Do your major lifts, then add in whatever accessories compliment your goal physique. On PULL day you do your Deadlifts, Rows, Pull-ups, Facepulls, anything that involves PULLING the weights. Add in whatever accessories you feel compliment your goal physique.

On LEGS day you do (wait for it) LEGS.
Squats, Calf Raises, RDL if you like. Whatever works your LEGS, as always - add in any accessories that compliment your physique.

PPLxPPL

Go for it.

(If you are more interested in Upper/Lower, Google PHUL - it's the best and more established Upper/Lower body routine)

Godspeed, Anon.
>>
File: 18932894359.png (14KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
18932894359.png
14KB, 500x500px
>>39123303
>>39123337
Sensible, informative responses right here, OP.
Pay attention to these.
>>
>>39123337
>>39123303
my priority is fat loss (I weigh 176lbs at 5'10 and goal weight is 155lbs)
Been doing SS. So should i switch to a PPL instead? Since I'm not really gonna gain any more muscles is it worth doing SS on a cut?
>>
>>39123388
They will both give you the same results, if you are cutting and keeping protein intake high.

Do whatever you like more, you can always swap back.

If your top priority is fat loss, get MyFitnessPal and eat 500 calories under your maintenance.
>>
>>39123388
u want fight u fuck ill rip u a new 1 m8 dun even fukin try me kunt ill rek u
>>
>>39123388
you "shouldn't" do anything you don't feel like doing. personally i like ppl better because it just works the muscles better, but if you like ss keep doing it. ppl might be better for cutting tho since doing more work will eventually burn more calories but if you're looking to cut cardio is more efficient for burning calories. i used to do ppl on a 500 calorie deficit all summer and i've progressed on it in terms of size and strenght gains but they were incredibly small gains. i would recommend you do the same, try to switch up your routine for a week and see how you like it
>>
>>39123337

Squats the day after you did deadlifts? Mhm....
>>
>>39122045

When to switch from fullbody 3x a week to PPL?

I've been lifting for 6 months and I'm starting to notice when I do chest first I can't really do shoulders and when I do shoulders I can't lift as much on chest. Does this mean I'm lifting to heavy for fullbody and and it's time to split things up?
>>
>>39123510

On PPL you would still hit Shoulders and Chest the same day.
>>
>>39123510
You can do a split like:
Chest/triceps/biceps
Back/shoulders
Legs/abs
>>
PPL 3on1off with 1x5 deadlift on pull day, and squats on leg day. It worst program I have ever done lol... Stopped it after 2 weeks.
Now I'm doing Push/Pull with strenght days and hypertrophy days 4x week, GAINS!
>>
>>39123494
>>39123584
I've always thought it was way better to do pull/push/legs/rest since pull and legs are likely to use a lot of the same muscles
>>
>>39123584
Routine pls senpai
>>
Why go 6 times a week when you can make gains doing 3 days a week The higher volme of PPL is counterproductive since you will build tolerance to volume. You only need the minimal amount of stimulus to make gains, eg. if 3x8 is enough for your benchpress to improve, there is no need to do 8x8. Just fucking do 3 days fullbody. For the sake of God, don't make your own routine.
>>
>>39123535

this is my split
it keeps me sore for 4 or so days after each day
>>
File: images.jpg (32KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
32KB, 443x332px
>>39122045
Fuck you pajeet. Get off /fit/ you manlet
>>
>>39124129
>thinking that soreness = gains in 2016
>>
>>39122045
Ppl works the different body parts optimally and is what I did for a while when I started lifting bro splits take less time but offer less results in the same timeframe.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.