[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/mag/ - Martial Arts General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: MAG OP Muay Thai JPEG.jpg (475KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
MAG OP Muay Thai JPEG.jpg
475KB, 1600x1200px
/mag/ - Martial Arts General

Don't have the copypasta for the thread, if someone else could post it i'd appreciate it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukE907OB_0w

I used to believe that BJJ was a better self defence martial art than Judo, but after seeing this video and seeing just how easy it was for one of these competing practitioners to get KO'd, or otherwise bleeding or unable to fight just from getting dropped it made me doubt it's effectiveness.

I mean, how much use is a triangle if you can just so easily get dropped on your head on the mat? never mind on concrete.

Also, found this gem which made me audibly laugh for minutes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o9ndap_fdw
>>
BJJ is useless in a real world situation bc it very quickly devolves into a gang fight. It's basically a brawl, so Krav Maga is probably the most all around effective. But you should have familiarity with the classics: Thai boxing, western boxing, judo, BJJ, and then do Krav Maga
>>
>>39120811
Bjj is the most effective on the ground but stand up grappling is weak thats why i started training wrestling/judo twice a week to have an edge. So many competitions I've suplexed guys to side control right away or sprawled all they're Takedowns. Your only as strong as your weakest link.
>>
File: turtles.jpg (127KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
turtles.jpg
127KB, 1920x1080px
they didn't master their turtle shell arts
>>
I have used bjj to win street fights but thats also because im a wrestler and took them down for it to be effective. Also not these were fights with drunk buddies or people i knew enough to know they're not gonna be dirty. As real street fight with quickly turn into a beat down or brawl if you don't disengage and get the fuck out
>>
BOXING

GRAPPLING

THATS IT, YOU FUCKING WEEB FAGS

THATS FUCKING IT

BOXING

AND WRESTLING/GRAPPLING
>>
>>39120811

Is slamming like that really common in BJJ? I was interested in getting into it as a hobby but I don't feel like getting my cranium smashed open because the guy I'm rolling with wants to drop me on my head.
>>
yeee boiii.

>>39120811
That BJJ video is fucking ridiculous, all those people acting indignant when their opponent doesn't allow some stupid ass jumping arm bar bullshit and dumps them on their head. I know it's a sport and incredibly dangerous to do, but when the counter to your technique is both incredibly simple and effective, maybe quit doing it, rather than hope your opponent follows some ridiculous rules.

>Any fellow nak muay here? How's your training going?

I've been working on smart aggression in sparring. I've been holding back for a while, working on control and technique, but I'm finally comfortable enough now to start pressing. I try to set a goal every round, like "no backwards movement, only forward/lateral" or "return every kick i'm hit with". I find it helps to focus on one component at a time.

As an aside, I've been having a lot of fun throwing a jab teep combo.
>>
>>39121089
it isn't, that's why it's considered a DQ/bad manner. It's just a video to prove that there are many facets of BJJ game that are not suited to a fight with no rules that guys don't want to acknowledge, such as getting dropped on your head.
>>
>>39121226
They could fix it in 2 seconds by saying that once you're in a position to slam your opponent, you win.

But I guess they like having the fancy flying stuff for promotional videos.
>>
>>39121291
Or for the opponent to let go seriously seems idiotic to attempt an arm bar when your being held above the ground
>>
>>39120811
>how much use is a triangle if you can just so easily get dropped on your head on the mat?

You understand that they're in a competition, right? If that weren't the case, perhaps the person using the triangle would be punching or fighting dirty. In fact, if it were a fight, they might consider taking the initiative to run away after they get an upper hand.

There's a lot of things that you would do in a gi that you wouldn't do in no-gi and there's a lot of things that you would do in no-gi if you were in a fight. For example, you would never go into turtle during a fight, but you might do that if you were rolling BJJ.
>>
has anyone here actually seen or experienced a dojo crasher while you were training?
>>
File: 1453890830133.jpg (358KB, 1038x1438px) Image search: [Google]
1453890830133.jpg
358KB, 1038x1438px
What guys do you think about Karate Shotokan ?
>>
>>39120811
>I mean, how much use is a triangle if you can just so easily get dropped on your head on the mat?

It isn't easy man. First off you're bent over, how much weight do you think you can lift from that position? Not to mention when the triangle is locked, and you can't breathe.

>>39120930
>Thai boxing
Call it Muay Thai you mong. Or at least Thai kickboxing
>>
>2016
>doing anything other than boxing for self defense

all you do is hit first then either hit more or run away like a nigger.

no time to get boggled down on the ground
>>
>>39120930
>krabby magoo
>>
>>39121089
It's literally an instant DQ. Also easily defended if you're not a total mongoloid
>>
>>39121291
That's how it used to be in judo. If you raised a guarding opponent to shoulser height you got ippon. But you know,
>IJF
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.