[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2 weeks to train pushups for a bet! Help?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: fail-push-up_780px-compressed.jpg (79KB, 780x494px) Image search: [Google]
fail-push-up_780px-compressed.jpg
79KB, 780x494px
Hi /fit/, I am a clueless co/ck/. I have been challenged by a friend to do two consecutive pushups by the end of two weeks. Problem is, I have never done a successful pushup in my life. Currently I can barely manage ~5 girly pushups in a row. How should I train (reps, sets, etc.)?

Also I'm not overweight and don't have any physical problems, except that my arms are made of flubber.
>>
I just learned how to do a pushup 3 weeks ago and now I can do 15 in a row.

I started by doing negatives by starting in pushup position and lowering my self, elbows at my side, as slow as possible. Then throughout the day I would do pushups on my sink counter. Eventually I got the strength to do a single pushup. During my training period I also bench pressed a lot, and that might have helped.
>>
Just do some fucking push ups...or kys...there doesnt seem like there is much on the line for you.

Start woth one pushup for a week straight until you can do two...

Im so confused and I have taken the bait.
>>
>>39120497

All right thanks, that's good to know
>>
push-ups, like pul-ups and chin-ups, can go from 0 to 50 in days.

just do a few every day, whenever you feel like it. you can easily go from 1 to 15 in a week, then 25-30 the next. just do a few multiple times a day, don't do them until failure, as you're doing them to get used, not for exercise.
>>
>>39121688
Holy kek, mate. You've gone full retard.

Pull-ups are way, WAY fucking harder than even the hardest pushup. I'd really like to see a guy who's never done a single pull up go from 0-50 in days.

You god damn retard.
>>
>>39121688
wow... just. wow.

>>39120430
do knee pushups slowly until you can do about 8-10 in a row for 3 sets.

then do proper ones slowly for 4 reps for 3 sets.

if its too hard do it at an incline, i.e. have your hands on a stack or a chair or something, and progressively lower your self to gorund level.
>>
I suggest a condensed Smolov Jr.-esque progression cycle with a simple modification: Do one pushup four times a week - Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday. As the day of the reckoning draws closer, however, taper down your training to just doing one pushup a day on the last three days, taking a two-day rest before it where you do light mobility work (shoulders and arms) and focus on breathing technique (I can not stress the importance of you learning to perform the Valsalva maneuver).
It would also be helpful to know if the pushups in question are strict Olympic pushups, or the slightly more technically complex powerups, easily characterised by the wider grip (get a pair of wrist wraps so you don't ruin your wrists if they collapse under you), the seemingly radical arching of the back and retraction of the scapulæ to drive more effectively through the trapezius while protecting your shoulder joints. It is also made more complicated by the addition of hip drive, which might require you to practice some basic ankle mobility, but not on training days, Sundays, or during a waxing or full moon.
Good luck!
>>
>>39120430
Not even one?
da fuk m8
>>
>>39120430
>I'm not overweight and don't have any physical problems
>I have never done a successful pushup in my life
this is literally impossible
>>
>>39125583
yeah this. maybe instead of training you need to go to the doctor.
>>
>>39120430
In a properly executed push-up you end up lifting (more specifically pushing with your chest, triceps and front-delts mostly) two-thirds of your body-weight. You also need the core strenght to keep your body rigid during that time, but that shouldn't be a problem.

In order to do two repetitions you need to be able to push 1.07 times that, so around 0.72 times your body-weight.

Go to a gym and see how much you can bench press, if it's not too far from 0.72XBW (let's say at least 0.62) then you can make it in a week just by neurological conditioning (being able to better coordinate your muscles to do the movement) if you only manage about half your BW or less - then forget it, it will take more than a week.
>>
>>39120430
Unless you are a gril, have the body of a 7 year old, or physically handicapped; I don't see how that is possible OP.

I'd suggest googling beginner positions that cover working your way up from the knees/recline position into holding the proper form.
>>
>>39120430
Only way this is true is if you have no arms.
>>
>>39126279
I remember being 40%BF and not being able to do a single push-up. If OP is at 30% and still dosen't consider himself "overweight" it's possible. If he is 10-15% and can't do one - then yeah, that's a pretty bad alarm call to at least work on your fitness a bit.
>>
>>39121688
I'm 5'11 200 pounds and can do 20 push up after trying for about a week, can't do 1 pull up after doing negatives for a week.
Pull ups are more about body fat.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.