[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does everyone here worship strength training routines as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: Jgqmr.jpg (108KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
Jgqmr.jpg
108KB, 600x480px
Why does everyone here worship strength training routines as the be-all end-all?. I finally started doing a bodybuilding split and I am now still getting stronger and actually look good. Why the fuck is General strength so important when you can still get that and actually look like you lift all well actually improving your health and saving your joints in the long-term.
>>
Gaining muscle and strength are one in the same . You can't have one with out the other .

You gain muscle by progressive overload, by getting stronger on lifts over time .

That's why good routines focus on programming to get you to be generally progressing over time .

Focusing on getting stronger allows you to track your progreess. You know you are gaining muscle if you can add weight (or reps, really it's about increasing workload over time , adding weight seems to be the best way tho ).

Feel free to do random bro splits , but how will you know if you're professing ?
>>
>>39116147
jonnie jackson and ronnie coleman both lifting like powerlifters and got super jacked.

it depends on your body type imo. i'm a meso with predominantly fast twitch muscles so i get better results from explosive heavy lifts.

die young, die strong, dianabol.
>>
>>39116147
They aren't the be all and end all, they are just a good way for untrained weaklings to get started, gain some strength then do whatever they want to focus on.

You say you recently switched to a BB routine and are "finally" making aesthetic gains? From a strength routine I assume? Guess what, the strength routine set you up for the rewards you're now reaping cause you most likely aren't working with bitch weight and can actually rep out something worthwhile. In other words you've done exactly what /fit/ and most other fitness forums recommend. Well done. Now stop bitching about it like a faggot and keep lifting.
>>
>>39116184
Just because you do a vol eccentric work out doesn't mean you can't track your progress. It's the same way you track your progress on a strength routine. Once you can do the prescribed number of sets and Reps you bump up the weight.
>>
>>39116147
The problem is that people barely mention that supplementary and accessory exercises are reccomended in conjuction with the barebones strength template. A beginner can gains strength and size with this style of training better than any other.

Autoregulation such as that programmed into greyskull is key, though. I personally have restarted my own strength training four times from a 2pl8 squat and can say that training until technical failure has made the biggest impact on my muscular and strength development out of any other programming descisions.

This training tennant coupled with a secondary and accessiry lift to adress weak points and increase volume is accepted by Skeledoot to ensure higher quality and more consistent gains. When run this way his programs are very clise to optimal for the begginer lifter who's goal is strength.

As someone who has personally reccomended this style of training to friends who now complete in oly and powerlifting style comps at the collegiate level and set a high school record for shot put, I feel comfortable saying that it is the best option in general. You will be stronger faster and bigger. You will progress at a very close to unsustainable rate for a long time. You will eventually stall, however you will have the tools to make ALSO nearly optimal gains on any other DECENT, much less great, program.
>>
>>39116247
You fail to address the rampant mobility and Joint issues that come with sticking to a strength routine. Lifting light to moderate weight for higher reps will make you stronger, make you look better, make you healthier, and will actually improve your health joints and all, in the long run.
>>
>>39116412
t. dyel
>>
>>39116412
I didn't address it because you've imagined it. If you've hurt your joints or something it's because you haven't worked on mobility and/or lifted with bad form.

Also, roiding and gaining strength faster than the connective tissues can handle can lead to problems but that's not the routines fault.
>>
>>39116514
It is absolutely the routines fault. And it's your fault for miseducating all newcomers to the fitness world. Your blatant anti-semitic remarks don't help anything either
>>
>>39116514
Yup, your body has natural homormal responses to protect the strength of its connective tissues and skeletal health.
>>
>>39116184
Ladies and gentlemen I give you the myopic view of /fit/.
>>
>>39116799
No it doesn't.
>>
File: autism.jpg (24KB, 277x296px) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
24KB, 277x296px
>>39116791
Wut
>>
>>39116829
Stop bringing your SJW agenda on here.
>>
>>39116843
What you talking about bro? You off your meds?
>>
>>39116147
All of the guys I know who look jacked are strong, too.
>>
>>39116209
newfag get out
>>
>>39116873
Oh well that's definitely a valid statistical sample. Thank you for sharing. Also OP's point was that you can get strong by focusing on looking jacked. It goes both ways.
>>
>>39116823
>myostatin

Ya forsure, talk out of your ass however much you please
>>
>still getting stronger and actually look good
>no pics

when the aesthetics split fags start posting pics then I'll listen
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
>>39117181
Fine, have a pic if you'll stop talking shit.
>>
>>39117181
When the strength base fags start posting pics then I'll listen.
>>
Faggot pussy shit cock
>>
>>39118366
nice routine but I don’t think you can get strong doing that
>>
>>39118472
Ya gotta do it for reps man. And go slow, reeeeeallly feel it. You know?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.