[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Absurd amounts of shit testing when you're fit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 212
Thread images: 13

File: image.png (129KB, 426x421px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
129KB, 426x421px
Does anyone else think experience this?

I'll be at a bar, and some girl be like "woah easy on the weights, BRO" , or "how many hours do you spend in the gym a day?" unprovoked. If I do approach a girl at a bar with a "hello" or something normal I get a "jeez. Muscles. You must lift a lot" in a sarcastic, sneering way.

Or at the office or in other semi-professional settings, I always get "whatsup shoulders" or something stupid.

Like I'm a person and I lift regularly and live my life the fuck you gotta go out of your way to make dumbass comments for? am I missing something or is this normal?
>>
>>39115624
Stop talking about working out all the time. It gets old. Train in silence, diet in silence.
>>
>>39115624

if men it is jealousy intimidation and fear

if women they want the d but have to talk themselves out of it or they would fuck everyone with abs (bitches are sluts)
>>
maybe because you dont have high testosterone, 432 like Mr.T (pbuh) that you insulted with this photo.

fuck off faggot
>>
Are you a manlet by chance
>>
>>39115624
I will do this from now on so you /fit/ fucks can feel bad too
>>
>>39115703
>implying 452 is high test
>>
>>39115624

mmh, weird, i get the other side, nobody comments on my physique once it got better than before

i mean after lifting for 5 months everyone commented on me

now after 2 years even with new people they just keep silent about it
>>
>>39115647
>>39115717
I don't talk about working out. If someone brings it up normally I'll say I play sports or something and change the subject. I'm not even big 6'1 205, and I've seen guys much bigger / taller / leaner / than me get by so I don't know what it is
>>
>>39115738
implying you are not an autistic manchild regretting your existence every morning
>>
>>39115624
Maybe you have a shit face, so theu perceive you working out as you overcompensating for something.

Or it's yet another example of the crabs in a bucket mentality. The minute they feel inferior they'll try to bring you down to their level.
>>
>>39115624
I've noticed men who I weren't already friends with when I started getting big, or friends who I'm not that close to and don't lift are more shitty with me now. A few have gotten legit angry because I talk about the gym, even though I listen to them when they want to talk about their hobbies.

Women have been more flirty but I'm still autismo around them so can't comment too much there
>>
>>39115759
>oh damn anon's made some great progress, good for him

>damn anon is built as fuck, never mention it, don't wanna seem beta
>>
They're not shit testing you they're trying to figure out whether you have a sense of humor or whether you're actually an insecure faggot
>>
>>39115624
Lifting has a stigma with "normal" people. I never talk about the gym. But it's not shit tests its just plain shit talking the way I experience it.

I have experienced, with unattractive women and underweight men, that they try to more or less directly ask whether I go to the gym. One time I admitted it, and the dude was very happy, started laughing, talked about how it wasn't for him.

My anatomy professor remarked, a long time ago when we learned about muscle anatomy, that earlier they used to invite bodybuilders to show the anatomy, but this is no longer being done as "now we say that these people have issues". She said that in front of 660 freshmen, during her lecture.
When I bought a new barbell there was this girl wearing heavy make-up and a male companion, both dressed in style, and he asked her, upon seeing the barbell sticking out of the packet, whether she liked it, and she said, in hearing distance of me, "it's just compensation".
When I was with my girlfriend at a semi-formal event relating to her (chemistry) studies, there was this one chemist who was jacked as fuck, IMO obviously roided, and he had really popping biceps. So my girl's friend and her, the first thing they do upon us seeing this dude, is remark something nonspecific about how he's shit.

So yeah "normal" people feel entitled to talk gross shit in public about the physique of somebody who works out, shit that would never be permissible to say about anybody's body in any other context.

I'm 188cm 107kg, I'm half-jacked, I bench 100kg for 5x5.
>>
Literally why give a fuck?

If it bothers you so much lay off lifting a little and focus on getting better at a sport.
>>
>>39116194
This is so good. I won't ever bother with /fit/ shit since it's clearly pointless, but at least now I know I can trample into your souls you shrimp dick monkeys.

Your balls are probably the size of peanuts from all the roids too.
>>
>>39116498
kek, not gonna make it
>>
>>39116498
I would never roid, it's ugly and unhealthy. Kind of like your mindset.
>>
>>39116612
>muh mindset

That's all you faggots ever say. What is it even supposed to mean? Is it this places version of privilege or what?
>>
>>39115624
Its probably because you are massive but have a shit face
>>
>>39116612
Got em'
>>
Always lie or understate your gym usage if you want to be real "cool".

When someone asks, just say you play rugby or do combat sports or rock climb or do all these things etc. Tell em you used to work construction over summers or whatever the fuck you want. They'll believe it cause they don't know how building muscle werks

Only talk gym stuff with other gym rats but 90% of the time those dudes will be machine using 51 different types of curls curlbros, so they probably can't relate to your compound lift centered strength training revolving around barbell movements with no assists.

You are doing a compound strength training routine right?
>>
>>39116789

Hah, when people ask me about video games, i intentionally play dumb like I don't know what they're talking about but maybe say something like: "Idk man i used to play some CoD and FIFA with the bros now and again, but hey."

>Used to play vidya all day every day
>>
>>39115768
>only board with a specific thread about hating fat people
>trump supporters
dude I will NEVER understand this
>>
>>39116789
>>39116820

fuck man this hit me like a fucking truck, i will try this next time kek, i wonder how they will fall for i
>>
>>39116498
>roids for 2pl8 bench

It's obvious that you don't lift, don't have to tell anyone lardass
>>
>>39115624
it's easy

just stop having an ugly face
>>
>>39115624
People will usually be assholes to people they feel inferior or threatened by.

Post pics of your body so we can determine if you're jacked or just a dyel tryhard
>>
post pic
>>
>>39116820
I do the same thing. Not like I'm a savant, I just like reading up and learning about things. Music, games, movies, literature, whatever, I enjoy trivia and factoids. But you have to pretend to have a normie level of knowledge on subjects, because they never know more than the superficial stuff.
If you're talking about a movie don't bother naming the director, most people just stare at you.
Talking about a game? They don't know why a keyboard and mouse is better than a controller for an FPS, or what a frame is, or how to git gud.
Music? They don't know the names of band members, their side projects, genre history, or even the name of more than a couple of songs.
In my mind these are all basic things, but from what I've learned most people don't know shit. You just have to say "yeah X is awesome" and don't go any deeper.

Also this ended up sounding more fedora tipping than I intended.
>>
>>39115624
at least 2 of your HEIGHT, FACE and FRAME are deficient, you'd be getting compliments on your body if you were actually attractive but you aren't so your looks reverse-halo your fitness
>>
>>39116943
>>39116966
This
>>
>>39116194
as a normie, when I see someone who is an absolute monster, I know that lifting isn't just something that they do to stay healthy. It's their passion. Now, there is nothing wrong with that, but I get people thinking it's weird. And people mock each other for all sorts of shit.
>>
>>39115647
>Stop talking about working out all the time. It gets old. Train in silence, diet in silence.

This.
>>
>>39115624
BECAUSE YOU TRY TOO HARD TO SHOW OFF YOUR MUSCLES WHEN YOU WALK INSTEAD OF WALKING LIKE A NORMAL HUMAN. I BET YOU OBSESS OVER HOW YOU LOOK ALL THE TIME FAGGOT
>>
>>39115738
considering he's pushing 70 and is overweight, that's really good
>>
>>39116789
I say I just do push-ups occasionally, girls always seem to believe it
>>
The best feeling is when dancing with solid 8+ bitches and they cant keep their hands off you... fast forward several hours waking up naked in their bed.
>>
>Wow Anon, you must hit the gym a lot!

This is where you respond with something humorous or humble, regardless of who it is, like the classic:

>Nah, just Wii Fit and Zumba 2x a week

And they chuckle and move the conversation along. If you give a serious answer, it will either:

>weird people out
>make them mad because they're jelly
>lead to one-upping bullshit

and the last one is the worst one. It doesn't matter if you bench 600x3 or squat 800x4 or anything - "Yeah, well my Uncle Joe used to do 800x5! Ha!" bullshit. There is no winning with a serious answer, so have fun with it.
>>
>>39118209
I noticed this a while ago. You seem 'cooler' when you joke around. Never give serious answers when socializing regardless of if they're male or female
>>
>>39117155
Are you me? Literally when I hear something about a movie or anything, even some word or the history of some concept I am studying at college that draws my attention I look for all the information about it that I can find. And it's true, most people live in a happy ignorance, they just don't care about anything.
>>
JELLY
E
L
L
Y
>>
>>39116851

>70 years of being the worlds biggest playboy, literally hugh hefner 2.0
>Still in better shape than average american

Would zyzz srill look good at 70
>>
>>39118721
>nearly obese
>better shape than most Americans
Checks out
>>
>>39116134
Isn't that what shit testing is for?
>>
It's because your other looks and mannerism don't match your muscles. You look like weak bitch from face and your body language so they poke at you to confirm their appraisal of you.
>>
>>39116662
How is it privilege if it's something you can easily change?
>>
Just be handsome and you can say and do almost whatever the fuck you want.
>>
No one fucking cares if you lift, you insecure faggots. People will criticize you no matter what your lifestyle choices are. Just don't let it bother you unless you're actually being harassed
>>
>>39118764
how do i pull off having confident body language while being jacked and NOT being intimidating or mean?

I not a confrontational dude and I'm a bit of a laid-back hippie at heart, I tried the whole 'confident alpha bro in your face game' and it just felt tiring and overbearing

are you saying i can't be chill and /fit/ at the same time? fuark
>>
>>39115624
You arent being shittested, you are just insecure and cant take a joke.
>>
>>39115624
Those people are on the road to obesity. Fuck em.
>>
>>39115624
I have a guy at work who keeps accusing me of roiding when I'm still fat and DYEL.

the fuck
>>
>>39115624
shit-testing is good anon. it means they're interested. learn how to pass it
>>
>>39116134
This
>>
>>39116134

only autistic unfunny losers think saying any of those things to a stranger would be funny.
>>
>>39115624
I don't experience this since I'm a skelly going for otter mode

Its hard being invisible too bruh
>>
File: GYMCELS.jpg (923KB, 3191x1760px) Image search: [Google]
GYMCELS.jpg
923KB, 3191x1760px
>>39118764
this x1000
>>
Either deny them or disarm them, don't you like a challenge?
>>
Your reaction to these shit tests means you do not yet understand what they are.

You need to learn why people use shit tests, understand the psychology behind them, once you know exactly why people use them and what they are, embrace them and proceed
>>
>>39115647
>Suffer in silence
>>
>>39115624

do this, works every time

>yeah i gotta work out to make up for my tiny penis

then they think you're humble, funny, and aren't on defensive

then the best 3d chess part

> they really want to know if it was a joke or not
> start trying to bring up your penis more
> gradually turn your casual laugh into a sinister shit eating grin
> yeah... BRO.. my tiny PENIS.. HAHA YEAH
> they start staying up late at night wondering what this all means
> can't help but feel like they may get raped btu can't even imagine it because they don't know if its actually tiny or not
> they eventually have to beg to see your penis

this is where your leverage and blackmail potential begins

use this to set you free, or gain unimaginable power
>>
>>39115624
I don't even lift and I get this.

It's weird man.

Look like shit without clothes. Look great in them.
>>
>>39115943
Do you understand why their behaviour changed? I recommend you read up on how insecurities work, nearly everyone has insecurities and often they will project them onto others, having an understanding of insecurities can be beneficial for understanding your own behaviour and that of others.
>>
>>39122067
There is some autismo on here who will actually do this.

Jej
>>
>>39116194
All the people in the stories you have mentioned are insecure as fuck, i don't have allot of experience in analyzing insecurities as i've only just begun playing with the concept of insecurities (I wish i learnt about this long ago), yet even i can perfectly see this, it's so obvious.

The excuses, the dismissals, the putting down.
>>
>>39115624
You have become too big for girls. You look like a meathead that is overcompensating for your insecurities. No girl wants a manlet gymcel bf.
>>
>"whatsup big guy!"
>playful punch in the arm.

2 guys at work do this to me.
>>
>>39115761
OP, here's my personal experience

when you just start out and make a little bit of gains, people will shit test you a little here and there

when you make more gains, people will ask you if you lift seriously and may ask for advice/whatever

when you get actually big people will stop asking any of this
>>
>>39119915
True autism right here
>>
>>39115624
>girls want it so bad they break the ice for you
>OP gets insecure w-what did she mean by this

the entire point of a shit test is to see how secure you are with yourself... then you go cry online, having totally failed. gg
>>
I never get asked. In HS I did though. But in science faculty I study at now people don't care. Though if fitness does gets bought up I'm sometimes asked. I'm strong but not super buff I'm lean though. 80kg @ 6"0.
>>
Not really related but does anyone know this feel?
>tfw drink booze and then eat some random stuff like an apple and some almonds and you have immense stomach cramps for hours
>>
>>39122067
I really do have a small penis tho
>>
>>39117155
I'd test the waters, there are others who are passionate about things like you but just not the same things as you. Mention something a little deeper about those common interests. Even if they didn't know about any of it, they may begin to take an interest in it after seeing how passionate you are about it. You can spark their passion/interest by sharing your passion.

So yeah, as I said, just test the waters. You will run into a lot of people who don't care but you will also run into people who are open to hearing what you have to say.
>>
>>39115624
> he fell for the muscle meme
>>
You guys really experience this stuff with so many replies in this thread?

I never had outright shittalking, though I've had recently a few jungle bunnies harass me about fighting. But I think those apes would've harassed me regardless.
>>
>>39115624
Don't overdo it on the asthetics.
At some point ist just screams vanity at anoyne you're interacting with (especially if you flaunt it with tight clothing etc.), and that's like openly displaying a major character flaw.
You're just like the overly dolled up chick that is identifyable as a superficial bitch by anone in a 10-mile radius.
>>
>>39121722
This is fucking me up.
>>
>>39122491
See a doctor you mong.

Ig you're a britbong, that is GP stuff.
>>
>>39122580
>lift weights they said
>do cardio they said
>dress well they said

Fml
>>
>>39122580
This desu.
At least wear glasses if you wanna wear tite clothing while looking ilke a Man's Physique competitor. The dorkier the glasses the better.
>>
File: 1475137736656.gif (973KB, 300x196px) Image search: [Google]
1475137736656.gif
973KB, 300x196px
>>39116498

>I'm insecure and fat as fuck and I like to make people feel had who have some discipline and goals in life because I don't like to make any effort in life.

Like thats what all you said, fat manlet.
>>
>>39115624
Maybe you live in a lesbian colony or Utah.
>>
>>39122580
This, just dress like a normal human idiots. If you're one of those fags that wear too small t shirts just to "show off gains" you're probably not very big anyway.
>>
If it's a guy, they are mad at themselves because they look like shit.

If it's a woman, I don't know, if I did I would have a gf
>>
>>39115624
Pretty sure there is no such thing as "too much muscle" unless you're on roids
>>
You people need a spine. The world will shittest anyone who accomplishes anything because most people live sad, subpar lives in which they settle in life. The world isn't like a TV show where everyone is attractive and has something going for them. 33% of America is obese, another 33% overweight. Stop giving a fuck about what the losers think.
>>
>>39115624
>Wow dude, your biceps are bigger than my thighs
>>
Brehs I need some help. I was talking to this girl and she seemed super into me at first, but now she is constantly shit testing me. Shit like

>If I LET you have sex with me under the condition that you had to date me, would you?
I just chuckle and say no. Then add a comment about her being too conceded.

>Have you ever been in a serious relationship
I think I fucked up and answered this honestly. I said no.

>Random insults that insinuate I'm ugly or short or whatever despite her already making well known her attraction towards me
I just ignore these. I don't really know how to respond honestly. What is this the deal with this girl?
>>
>>39124495

>Have you ever been in a serious relationship
>>
>>39124495
Just tell her that her daddy fucked her when she was 12, slap her and walk away. Girls need an ego check and if nothing else you're doing it for the lulz.
>>
>>39124495
Sounds to me like she's trying to figure out if you'll keep it casual or not
>>
>>39115624

discrimination comes in many forms, i'm sorry it happened to you bro
>>
>>39116789
exactly this. people want those are natural winners, who didn't have to try at all. always understate how much work you've put into something if you're trying to sell yourself.
>>
>>39118919
>I tried the whole 'confident alpha bro in your face game'
you did it wrong.
>are you saying i can't be chill and /fit/ at the same time? fuark
"alpha bro in your face" isn't chill, my man.

how do you act at the gym, where you are probably comfortable? hopefully you don't act like a big dick, you just do your shit, lift the weights, and talk to the regulars maybe. act like that, it's not hard.
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 660x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 660x375px
>>39116789
Mfw i used to be a hardcore conspiritard and now everyone one the mainstream and on Facebook are sharing little snippets of truth mixed with divide and conquer disinformation.
Mfw i just say, "yeah man the elections are rigged by the rothschilds so no point in even taking part or worrying" when im really holding in an extremely heartfelt anti globalist rant
>>
>>39125169
>white boy mad he's losing social power
>"Jewish Globalists want to racemix everyone into a slave race and Obama is a transsexual lizard homokin"

Look at this man. Look at him and laugh.
>>
>>39116134
that IS shit testing ya ding
>>
>>39125198
>whites mad about losing power in white country
>>
>>39116789
If a girl ever brings up lifting/fitness I'll just say "yeah I work out occasionally when I feel like it" and then change the subject to something that's actually interesting

It pants the idea of me being a genetic superbeing deep into their ovaries
>>
>>39125291
plants
>>
>>39125198
Im not even white lol. Just fed up with tyranny.
>>
>>39124495
Contrary to the other anons I think she wants the d. She is afraid of being used like a slut by the player she thinks you are. She basically asked you out and you said no. That's as on the nose as a girl will ever get you turbo autism.
>>
>>39124495
Bruh you should have said yes to both of them...

You fucked up
>>
>>39125263
>america was never a white country

Ethnic solidarity will never ever ever happen in the new world. If you want a white homeland maybe you should aid your fellow Europeans in repelling the horde of refugees sexing white girls at train stations

> American
>1/4th Irish 14th Italian 1/4th black 1/4th Native American

>'white'

Get out.
>>
>>39125620
America was a white country until the 1960s when we started letting immigrants from non-white countries into the country.
>>
>>39125635
And? You fucked up and now your dream is now permanently ruined. Get with the program or fuck off back to Europe. America is becoming brown like it should have been and no amount of your squealing, memeposting and sperging will change that.
>>
>>39125718
>no amount of your squealing, memeposting and sperging will change that.
about that ...
>>
>>39122174
This, it's very obvious.

You walk around with a noticeably better body than other people, so they feel slighted and put down. In order to feel better about themselves they insult you and attack your character. Now you're even, cos you look good but you're a "bad person", and the other people look bad but are "good people"

Crabs, bucket. Classic.
>>
>>39125484

Bro...

Even better you can work to be the kind of guy that doesn't have to lie or put up with bullshit to get laid?

You guys always post this stuff that women say to you and it's so rude and petty and I have to wonder if it's real?

Maybe I'm living in some alternate universe where woman are nice to people?

I swear I never get treated like some of the shit you guys write and I never get asked stuff like

>have you ever been in a serious relationship
>>
>mfw chad dudebros ask me if i eat protein or shit

>mfw i reply "nah i just eat when im hungry lol"

DEVILISH
>>
>>39124495
>>If I LET you have sex with me under the condition that you had to date me, would you?
>I just chuckle and say no. Then add a comment about her being too conceded.

You shouldn't even answer this. Here:
>Babe, putting conditions on love never works. Let's just hang out and let things develop naturally. I like you, don't worry so much.
>>
>>39122174

Suppose I can brush it off. Still part of me wishes I had some charisma to charm them into being a bit less cunty. If only to lighten the atmosphere.
>>
>>39124495
internalize thinking of chicks like this as kids trying to get on equal footing with an adult using cute little quips

once that solidifies in your brain you'll start to laugh and smile when this happens. it's exactly the same as growing up with a irreverent cheeky cute little sister that you learn to handle, but you don't wanna fug your sister.
>>
>>39116928
kek
>>
>>39116789
God, that's pathetic. Be a man and own your shit. If someone doesn't like it or acts like >>39116498, they can fuck off.
>>
File: 1472756541131.gif (696KB, 242x191px) Image search: [Google]
1472756541131.gif
696KB, 242x191px
>>39125484
>He should trade his dignity for some pussy. Never gonna make it bro
He did the right thing by saying no it shows he knows he has options.
>>
>>39124495
>If I LET you have sex with me under the condition that you had to date me, would you?

Say, "I wouldn't. Sex is supposed to fun in and of itself. It shouldn't be a tools used by someone for compliance." And then say that you might let her give you a blowjob.

Just treat women like cumdumpsters. If they want you, then they'll be a cumdumpster for you. If they don't want you and you have to beg for it, then they're eventually going to cheat on you with the guy that they will be a cumdumpster for.
>>
>>39126950
>"I wouldn't. Sex is supposed to fun in and of itself. It shouldn't be a tools used by someone for compliance."

>talking like an autist
>a tools

You're the only tool

no wonder you guys can't get laid

'We'd be dating, and then I'd wake up in the morning and want to #findmyself'

would be my response

It shows that you don't really give a fuck what she thinks, and honestly, you shouldn't

If you try to say 'the best thing' she's gonna figure out that you care way too much and are trying way too hard
>>
>>39126950
>taking her woman babble seriously
nah

'woah woah slow down, my booty is still sore from the last girl I tried that with' *WINK*

responding to them is like IRL shitposting, you pass by not giving a shit
>>
>>39127073
>you're talking like an autist
>point out a typo

Have you ever taken ownership of a woman? I'm not talking about working real hard to get laid ever once in awhile. I'm talking about offering a woman almost nothing and having her beg to be throatfucked? Most women are completely fucked in the head and absolute whorish. If you can learn to acquire control and some self-restraint, they will eat out of your hand.
>>
>>39122394
*humorously deep fake superhero voice*
"Greetings to you too, tiny female."
>>
>>39124495
Same guy here. Didn't think I'd get all these responses. I forgot to mention the important fact that she has a bf and she figured out through a friend that I've slept with a lot of women who have boyfriends. So I assume she's started to be on guard against me and thus the shit tests and insults ensue.
I think this guy
>>39125415
Is right considering she literally told me she wanted to sleep with me but can't because that's cheating. Things like that I'm able to play off and ignore by saying shit like
>Don't worry I won't steal your bf from you.
But the serious questions and insults are really throwing me off, I don't know how to respond since she already knows I'm a hedonistic bastard so I can't lie and say shit like
>>39125837
>>39126950
So maybe my answers were about as good as it gets.
>>
>>39122641
If you dont fill up the arms on the next size up, youre not big enough to show off
>>
>>39115647
This.

I can't fucking stand people who don't shut the fuck up about the gym. Don't fucking tell me how eating that one pizza in 6 months will LITERALLY remove my gains then spend the next fucking hour talking about how you have mastered each individual lift and how my routine is shit compared to yours.

I don't fucking care if you eat 30 chickens a day for MUH MAXIMUM PROTEIN BRO. Tell me once then never mention it again. If I care enough about your fucking diet I'll ask.

Just shut the fuck up.
Fuck.
>>
>>39115624
I think you should not care about what people say as much
>>
>>39128710
/r9k/ please go
>>
It probably has something to do with your political alignment, pussy
>>
>>39128730
>Thinking anyone wants to hang out with the guy who talks about nothing but the gym

Nobody likes that guy. Nobody thinks he's interesting and nobody cares about him. Everyone already knows the first and last thing he's going to talk about is the gym.
>>
>>39115624
I just reply "ofcoursh" and carry on my day
>>
>>39126950
>>39126950

You're both over complicating this. Say "yes" have sex and then literally walk out/leave, that shit isn't legally binding and if she would actually do that then she is a whore anyways so who cares.
>>
Holy fuck you guys are ridiculous.

"Do you go to the gym?"

"Yeah, sometimes"

"You must be overcompensating"

"Doubt it"

Then walk away. That's all you have to do. If you're in a good/alpha mood just make a joke out of it with a nice smile or something. Fucking christ
>>
>>39128936
The only reason people work solely on getting bigger rather than actually getting fit is because they're overcompensating.
>>
>>39128978
Or they want to look good and enjoy the benefits that come with it

"Overcompensating" is a pseudoscientific academic term that doesn't really apply to normal behaviour.

Become big = become stronger, more useful, more secure, more valuable, more confident.

Overcompensating = "shit i have a small dick i'll lift ferociously to make up for it" No one thinks like this.
>>
>>39129052
If you cared about being valuable then you'd work on your overall fitness.
If all you do is lift then you're overcompensating.
Not necessarily for a small dick...more likely a serious lack of personality development, so they just lift in order to hide the fact that they're actually very boring people.

The 'hardcore' crowd at my gym are the most insanely boring people I've ever met up with. All these people do is talk about lifting. They do that because they literally have nothing else in their life worth talking about.
>>
>>39129234
>overall fitness.

Projection much? It's actually really rare to find people, even on /fit/ who JUST lift. People run, ski, swim, do martial arts, play rugby, guitar, shitpost, work, study.

You're straw manning this fictional meathead who does NOTHING but lift because it's just so fucking intimidating to imagine a real person who is more interesting AND bigger and stronger than you. College professors lift. Politicians lift. Doctors lift. Musicians and artists lift. Get the fuck over yourself
>>
>>39115958
sounds correct
>>
>>39129234
>If all you do is lift then you're overcompensating.
Or because you enjoy it?
If you read a lot are you just an overcompensating brainlet?
>>
>>39127147
How do you do that?
>>
>>39129234

>They do that because they literally have nothing else in their life worth talking about.

do you have something worth speaking about?

give ideas, lets see what you mean
>>
Well I remember some comedian talking about how you should not 'punch down' in comedy. So by them feeling like its ok to mock you, they are also admitting their inferiority.
>>
>>39129234
That's just not true.

If you eat bananas then you're overcompensating

Do you see how just saying that doesn't work?
>>
>>39131240

Not him but I was sitting having a drink at the bar with my gf and could not help but overhear the group not st to us all trying mg desperately to be "interesting" and in-the-know and it was incredibly disheartening. Is this really how people behave now? One upmanship and forcing discussions on topics to appear interesting and smart? It's like people are actually trying to live out in real life the absurd life and personality they have used social media to force on themselves/prettend they have.
>>
>>39133336

Posted from phone, sorry for all the typos. You get the idea though.
>>
File: image.jpg (284KB, 1000x994px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
284KB, 1000x994px
This never happens to me, except for this one incident. I won't go into exact details because they are boring, but here's the gist
>group project
>discuss matters with teammate
>we disagree on a few points
>and then we debate further
>he gets visibly frustrated
>he said, "Just because you are bigger than me doesn't mean you're better."
>(I'd expect this from a kid in elementary school, but this guy was in college)
>I say, "Oh grow up, man!"
>"This is as tall as I get!"

He was around 5'6" and skinny
>>
>>39126236
>tfw when I grew up with an irrelevant cheeky cute little sister.
>tfw I treat all girls with the same humorous disregard I treat her.
>>
>>39118737
Lad I don't think you know what the average american looks like
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>>39116789
>mfw I say wii fit zumba.
>>
>>39127354
Underrated
>>
>>39115624
why do you care?
>>
i feel like this is something that happens to try hards who seek external validation, people who talk about their workouts and stuff, like in situations such as work or class where the people arent necessarily interested. i would say im decent size and you can tell looking at me i lift, rarely ever talk about it unless im talking to gym people, friends, when asked about interests or directly asked about what i like to do in the gym. Kinda have baby face going on especially clean shave, try to smile a lot especially at people when im out and about and strangers often approach me just to say hi chit chat. i get my balls busted frequently but i have the personality that i do it to others to and has no bearing on how i feel im percieved socially, friendly banter. People that do do this stuff to me are usually heaps bitter about their own gay life and literally straight out ignore which i think drives um crazy
>>
>>39122580
>You're just like the overly dolled up chick that is identifyable as a superficial bitch by anone in a 10-mile radius.
The superficial bitch that I still want to fuck.
>>
>>39124495
>if I LET you have sex with me
>LET

she thinks she's in power, she got the world all wrong. Show her that
>>
>>39115624
It's called bantz you dense motherfucker...
They are trying to laugh off your size because:
A. They are inferior
B. Quaking in fear

If some slit opens like that, fire back and say, "yeah, not as much time I'd spend ploughing you".
>>
>>39122174
Can you recommend any books Anon?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-25-22-18-03.jpg (352KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-25-22-18-03.jpg
352KB, 960x540px
>>39115624
nah
im not a faggot like OP
>>
>>39116194
"U mirin?"

All that needs to be said. I'd rather be the guy that gets attention for being fit(not like a ballooned up roider but aesthetic) than not get any at all and be a skinnyfat faggot, its about how you take it.
>>
>>39116662
Just fuck off back to r9k or wherever the fuck you came from
>>
>>39134359
I have a slightly better haircut
>>
>>39122394
That sounds like friends, dummy.
>>
>>39135138
>using legendaries

kys
>>
>>39118305
t.autism
>>
>>39122067
This actually works. I've got some pretty stereotypically masculine interests and just brushing off accusations of overcompensation is the real response to give for something not worth debating.

>tfw when I fuck sjws and girls who think they might be gay
>>
>>39116789
>Only talk gym stuff with other gym rats but 90% of the time those dudes will be machine using 51 different types of curls curlbros, so they probably can't relate to your compound lift centered strength training revolving around barbell movements with no assists.
I hate this shit so much. Why are most people in gyms fucking normies? "Anon why are you sweating so much, I thought you don't do cardio". Oh gee I dunno, ever tried doing heavy deadlifts and squats with your 5rm for multiple sets?
>>
Be less boring.
>>
>>39135305
>using kys

Underage b&
>>
>>39117155
All true, my man. Just don't let it get to you. Most people are unfortunately, let's not sugar coat it, shit in every way that matters, regardless of their sex.
I hope someday every single human being alive will be passionate, intelligent, creative and open-minded, but if that day ever comes, it won't be soon.
Personally, I get pretty fucking desperate about it sometimes. I don't feel like I'm smart, or athletic, or creative. I feel like everyone around me is a drooling subhuman retard. My lifelong wish is to find a collective of people with whom I can compete and whom I can look up to. No luck so far.
>>
>>39133419
Kek, this can't be real. It's perfect.
>>
say you don't lift weights and hate people who do.
>>
File: cry moar.gif (1MB, 245x200px) Image search: [Google]
cry moar.gif
1MB, 245x200px
>>39128757

>goes to /fit/
>doesn't find talking about the gym interesting

LMFAO
>>
>>39124851
Never, I said never
>>
The problem I see here is that this conflicts with the advice I get regarding my social anxiety.

"People don't care about what you're doing, they aren't judging you, they aren't making fun of you, they don't hate you, it's all in your head."

But then I read shit like this, and, it's true, they are judging you. They do care. I don't know why, but they care. Why else would they get in your face about it? It's clearly not just in my head if this many people have stories about running into judgemental people.

These stories and the stories of other men trying to one-up a fit anon by peacocking, or people playing this weird game where a guy notices his girlfriend is looking at another guy who's in better shape, so he tries to whisk her away and he starts being real nasty to the fit guy.

People do play all kind of games, there is judging going in every single direction. People say, "Everyone is like you, they just want to get in, do their thing, and then leave." But then I hear all of these stories about being stuck in these dumb games and power struggles.

I don't even know why I'm typing this.
>>
>>39139951
>>39115624

Have you noticed guys who've made it when they take photos?

How many have a happy, fun smile on their face? None.

If you want to walk around showing off your muscles and acting "alpha", don't cry like a little bitch when people try and cut you down.

If you walk around with a "dyel brah?" attitude, expect to be given shit for your shitbox car, crap clothes, no education or whatever else it is that you're lacking.
>>
>>39136331
>using Underage b&
newfag
>>
>>39122566
One girl at work once made a condescending remark about me, something like, "Oh watch out Mr. Bodybuilder here."

This only happened once, and she's been nothing but cordial since. [spoiler]maybe someone told her I like dudes[/spoiler]
>>
>>39133419
that's one funny dude, are you still friends with him
>>
>>39122623
There is a pretty clear difference between dressing well and going full zyzzraccoon.
>>
>>39115703
He's been a go getter all his life and fucked more models than you've fucked regular women.
In high school he was a great student and athlete, was even scouted for the red sox. Dude is a legend and has now buried the GOPe and purged the cucks, which was way overdue. He's done more in one year than most of us will do in our entire lives.
>>
>>39122491
>not activating your almonds
shit son
>>
I don't wanna be a conspiracy tard or anything, but I feel like there was/is a war with masculinity. there are too many fatasses and still people talk about how eating redmeat is bad and how lifting weights is "compensating". Also how you shouldn't work a blue collar job and instead sit in an office all day long. Eat a steak, grow a fat fucking mustache, and go slap an ass or two, then fight the boyfriend.
>>
>>39125169
/x/ been a shit lately.
>>
>>39140668

There is certainly a war against masculinity.

I blame the media blamers.
>>
>>39126236
M8 I want you to read through a few more threads on this site and rethink your statement.
>>
A girl once said that my chest is nearly bigger as hers; I told her she failed at being a woman if that would be the case and walked off.

Never ever has she said something snide to me again, she still talks to me and we're on good terms
>>
>>39140768
Because you changed her perception. It's about she thinknig she had big tits and was desirable and you shattering that illusion. Nothing about you, mate.
>>
Hey OP

do you find it ironic that they are shit testing you, just teasing to see your reaction. And your reaction is to get angry about it and complain on 4chan?
>>
>>39133336

I somehow get what you are saying, I have studied philosophy since i was really young but kept it as something really personal, and now when i see pseuds saying so much bullshit about philosophy it makes me cringe, and it's always yolo swag dudes who try to be deep and misquote nietzsche or camus or some shit like that just to get pussy wet

since i'm fit also people think i don't know shit, but that's another issue really
>>
>>39140955
this. a non insecure person would forget about this shit 15 seconds later
>>
>get fit and actually have a decent face
>girls are mirin
>all the men now view me as a threat
>whenever I step into a set (aka a group of people with a qt or 2 in it), the manlets/dyels try to showcase as much energy as possible, make jokes and try their best to exclude me from the circle
>whenever I end up having sex with a girl, it is impossible for me to go bareback since they assume I probably fuck hundreds or chicks
>tfw I'm actually a beta, but have to act alpha and remain alpha all the time because if I demonstrate any beta behavior, it's game over for me
>>
>>39141022

>since i'm fit also people think i don't know shit, but that's another issue really

This is an advantage, not disadvantage in my opinion. Not because it's nice to play dumb, but because somehow it allows you to be more honest and open instead of the normal which is to overcompensate.
>>
>>39115624
Controversial opinion; if you are not an elite athlete, you shouldn't be seeking athletic prowess above health; this is especially true for those people who use shortcuts/steroids, particularly for vain reasons.

Bottom line, if you care what others think about your physique, you're overcompensating, and lifting for the wrong reasons. Lift to get strong, to be a better human, to be the best you can be. Don't lift to impress others, or to pull pussy, or to intimidate others, because other people will disappoint you time & again with their cruelty, their stupidity, and their lack of observance..
>>
>>39125758
You've never been asked about your relationship history? Have you ever had an actually conversation with a girl?
>>
>>39116194

>bench 100kg for 5x5
>188cm 107kg
>half-jacked

dyel
>>
>>39117155
>I do the same thing. Not like I'm a savant, I just like reading up and learning about things. Music, games, movies, literature, whatever, I enjoy trivia and factoids. But you have to pretend to have a normie level of knowledge on subjects, because they never know more than the superficial stuff.
>>39118482
>>39122503
>>39136334
>I hope someday every single human being alive will be passionate, intelligent, creative and open-minded

Remember to bear in mind that a lot of people do in fact have deep passions, and it's just that theirs don't overlap with yours. A lot of people share a superficial interest in music, vidya and movies, but don't go any deeper than superficial in these areas, instead choosing to pursue a deeper study in something else.

So don't hold it against them, and also remember that (no offense) music, movies and vidya are not exactly constructive or meaningful pursuits, and I speak as someone who enjoys all 3 superficially.
>>
>>39135098
You're literally why I make sure to give bodybuilders shit the minute I see them.

I'm also bigger than you, I just don't walk around in fag singlets that show my nipples.
>>
>>39115761
i have a feeling you are ugly. face, skin, hair, clothes etc
>>
>>39139951
i feel you anxietybrah, good post
>>
>>39121722
wtf is up with that guy in the modelling photo? he looks like such a bitch. no way hes a real model. disgusting
>>
>>39140768
> I told her she failed at being a woman if that would be the case
maximum autismo
>>
>>39141987
>Art is not a meaningful pursuit
I'm struggling to counter argue this because I feel it is so intrinsic. How can you not realize how significant art is to the human race? It's literally the only thing that separates us from the animals.
>>
>>39116662
your mind and body are frail and pallid
>>
>>39116851
your politics are boring as fuck
>>
>>39141987
We're talking about normies, not stem majors you white knight
>>
>>39142302
>>Art is not a meaningful pursuit
>How can you not realize how significant art is to the human race?

Let's clarify then, since you insist on conflating music, movies and video games with art, as if that's all there is to art. Throw out modern music, video games, film, and a great deal of "modern art" and yes, I would agree art is important culturally. I was referring specifically to modern "art", 99% of which is mind-numbing, commercial trash. Happy?

>>39142455
>We're talking about normies, not stem majors you white knight

Can't someone be deeply interested in hunting, fishing, painting, hiking, gardening, whatever? Why do you think "deeper interests" necessarily means "STEM"?
>>
>>39115731
>>39117842
I wonder if I should quit coming to fit, and try to reduce the time I spend thinking about exercise to the 3 hours a week I actually exercise.
>>
File: 1.jpg (77KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
77KB, 720x1280px
>so much insecure DYELposting
>none of you are bigger than me
Feels good man
>>
>>39142524
Yeah, they can
I would say that's not how he meant it but I guess it kind of was
However, people having any kind of deeper interest is very rare nowadays regardless of what it is
>>
>>39115624

Youre either short, ugly, or wear clothes too tight or a fucking tanktop all the time. Basically somehow it looks like you are overcompensating or maybe are disproportionate.

My guess is that you are curlbro anti trex as fuck. That might not be it tho but somehow you are either looking or acting goofy as fuck.

Post pics and we can tell you if its because you look stupid or act stupid
>>
>>39125111

Confident and in your face are exact opposites tho
>>
>tfw back when i was in college I worked with a latina sex goddess
>pale skin, big long poofy curly dark brown hair and eyes, big pink juicy lips, legit 9/10 face, large perky breasts, wide as fuck hips, thunder thighs and a big bubble butt (sometimes had just come from the gym so she would wear spandex that made her curves pop even more, and a slight spanish accent for her girly voice
>sometimes would get hard at work just seeing her because she was so gorgeous

>tfw she would insult me all the time with shit like "have you ever had a girlfriend" and saying how i don't have any friends or don't have a drivers license or if my "friends" date anyone and basically just completely demeaning me any chance she got
>I would just ignore her comments and after a while would basically act like she didn't even exist, not even responding if she might say "hi" to me
>she gets all upset acting like I'm angry at her for no reason and makes me look like the bad guy at work

>tell people this story and they say DUDE SHE WAS JUST SHIT TESTING YOU BRO
Thread posts: 212
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.