[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No one tries to talk to you at the gym

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 13

File: IMG_0670.png (102KB, 500x463px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0670.png
102KB, 500x463px
No one tries to talk to you at the gym
>>
I know that feel. Now I'm confident enough to start a conversation but it's always a short one because they don't want to talk to me
>>
>>39114101
This is a good thing. I'm there to lift not to talk.
>>
>>39114126
Tfw can't tell if the regulars want to talk to me or not

I feel a lot of tension everytime I go in there now
>>
File: pepe jackhammer.jpg (107KB, 726x982px) Image search: [Google]
pepe jackhammer.jpg
107KB, 726x982px
>>39114101
>tfw want to know this feel but EVERYONE FUCKING TRIES TO TALK TO ME
>I JUST WANT TO LIFT REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>go to gym for first time
>all the guy lifters have RBF
>I'm all smiles
>the local jolly roid squad guys like my good attitude
>start lifting with them
>all of the highschool/college lifters buttblasted
>>
File: 1474872717998.jpg (313KB, 2336x3246px) Image search: [Google]
1474872717998.jpg
313KB, 2336x3246px
No one tries to talk to you ever
>>
File: IMG_0720.jpg (217KB, 1278x2170px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0720.jpg
217KB, 1278x2170px
>switched so many gyms I've used all the ones in my city

All these gyms and the only thing I keep is my autism
>>
>>39114126
Maybe they're like me. People regularly talk to me when we spot each other or share a rack etc, but I suck at keeping the conversation going.
>>
>>39114101
>tfw you switch gyms because you feel obligated to talk to too many people

after 6 years a 45min workout can easily become 2+ hours because you get trapped into conversations with the regulars :(
>>
File: 1475755765825.jpg (65KB, 446x604px)
1475755765825.jpg
65KB, 446x604px
I know this feel

Im 6'2 been lifting for 7yrs and have a great social circle, Chad of my friendgroup. 7/10 face and not autistic

But at the gym nobody speaks to me. None of the girls look at me. I dont even want a comversation, but itd be nice to get a smile from one of the girls i see there every fuckin day or something

I leave the gym feelin like trash, i go home to my loving gf and bang her but for some reason it bothers me that these gym girls look literally everywhere but in my direction

Acknowledge my presence u faggots, we see eachother every day

Im startin to think its cause i wear the same 2 tshirts and 2 pairs of sweatpants every day. Like they think im dirty?

Why would i show up in fresh new clothes only to sweat them up in 10 mins. Might as well show up in dirty clothes and save myself the extra laundry. I gym 6 days a week i refuse to wash 6 extra fuckin outfits, along with my 5 work uniforms, and 7 sets of casual clothes

Id have to make laundry a part time job for that shit

Fuckin judgemental goodlife cunts
>>
File: 1445755137467.jpg (40KB, 300x364px)
1445755137467.jpg
40KB, 300x364px
>tfw talked with two guys and one grill today at the gym
wtf was everyone so talkative today. Normally I don't have to say more than two words.
>>
>several months ago
>guy asks to work in
>talks to me a bit
>now we feel obligated to say hi to each other every time

fuck this
>>
>>39114141
Can you guys help. Pls respond

It's a powerlifting gym so there's not that many members
>>
>>39114286
i wear the same shit to the gym every day but then again i only go 3x/week so i have time to wash it. i swear that everyone from the regulars i see there have a year round supply of new clothes.
>>
>tfw she talks to you
>>"wow i didn't recognize you without your hat"
>>"y-you have cool hair you shouldnt wear hat--hats"
>you too
>go home
>>
>>39114326
I know its fucked. They all sign up to Fabletics or whatever the fuck and have 32 different coloured outfits

Im at the gym to get sweaty and workout i dont care what i look like as long as it isnt drawing attention and i dont need to feel fresh as that just impossible to maintain while doing an intensive workout

I call these men Peacucks
>>
>uni gym
>always so packed
>every time I use the squat rack the same ethnic qt chats me up, works in, we laugh about how we saw each other at Costco, i joke about spotting her but I'm much too tall

I'm weak brehs..
>>
>>39114351
>I call these men Peacucks

top kek
>>
>>39114286
Wash your fucking shit you lazy fuck. If there's old sweat on it it WILL STINK when you start sweating.
>>
>>39114101

i don't really see the issue here

except some small talk with a couple trainers and the general hi and hello here and there I don't even try talking to people at the gym.

Like, when I get to the gym I don't expect to socialize, that's not the goal. Lift heavy shit, that's what I'm there for. The occasional small talk is just something to do between sets, and kept small for a reason.
>>
File: heSldDU.jpg (43KB, 764x747px) Image search: [Google]
heSldDU.jpg
43KB, 764x747px
>tfw moved to Poland
>shake hands with each and every guy in the gym before i start my workout
guys really like shaking hands here. it was weird at first, but now i kinda like it
>>
>>39114101
No one tries to talk to me because they're all either oldfags, gymcels or 6'4" handsome or jacked to hell guys. Meanwhile I'm just a quiet 5'8" 140 lb dude without abs and with pretty much average body measurements, slightly on the athletic side, but nothing crazy.

The other guys my age (barely 21) seem to all be much more muscular and have pretty much chosen their paths in life whether they're delusional loser manlets or Chads, but I sit in the middle brushing on many different conflicting perspectives of the world.

I don't know what to do bros
>>
File: 1453024092105.jpg (126KB, 1092x1037px) Image search: [Google]
1453024092105.jpg
126KB, 1092x1037px
>grill doing crunches next to you
>she just got out of some dumbass fitness class
>tfw sweat smell
I'm in need.
>>
Everyone is quiet and does their own thing which I love. Only exceptions.
>1. After I failed and had to roll of shame my very own gym Chad who I imagine is downing in vag due to HEIGHT FACE and frame, told me not to be afraid to ask for a spot . didn't even act like my spaghetti response or instant flight from the gym was strange.
Wtf I was comforting myself thinking you were a bully now I don't even have that.
>2. My gym crush asked if I was done with the rack (only place to dl because poor setup) gave her some spaghetti too, but managed to hit a few PRS (less than she reps) thx bb
>>
>>39114410
Good for you man. I love poland, beautiful country, great people. Did you have to learn polish or did you already know it?
>>
>>39114307
just start a conversation and find out? just don't start when someone is in the middle of their set. i'm always happy to talk with others when i'm resting.
>>
>>39114345
>you too
i lost it

>tfw when some fairly skinny homosexual older man said the same thing about my beard to me once
>>
>>39114452
Thanks man, it's wonderful here. I live in Warsaw so I have gotten by on English pretty well, but I am struggling to learn Polish. Very difficult language though.
>>
>>39114478
It's always awkward as hell though because I'll usually just say sonething like wow you're pretty strong man I saw what you were doing earlier and then they're just like k thanks and we never talk and I feel awkward if I pretend they're not there
>>
>>39114410
Dunno how's it in Poland, but here in Serbia, you say Hi to regulars, and if you know him little better you do "bro hand-shake". Can't say for whole country but atleast that's how we do in my small town.
>>
>>39114416
Are you me?
>>
>>39114101
Thank god.
>>
>>39114508
> I saw what you were doing earlier
this might put them off
>>
I've never had this problem. I'm not very good looking or particularly socially skilled, but my lifts are pretty heavy after a few years at this and guys and girls will both generally want to chat me up about advice.

Keep at it, when your numbers are impressive, people wil notice.
>>
>>39114371
I DO wash them, like every 2 or 3 gym days so there isnt a smell build up. Ive never been a smelly guy

The clothes dont actually stink but i guess i look like i must stink wearing the same shirt every day

Im white tho, stop treating me like a pajeet
>>
>>39114410
>>39114542
Are you guys actual retards? In normal to handshake other dudes in Europe, that's how you say hi. Except in gay countries like France where you actually kiss the other dude.

Handshake for men, one kiss on each cheek for women.
>>
>>39114508
obviously you suck at small talk. if you don't have anything to talk about be it banter or asking for spot or advice then don't. you'll save yourself the embarrassment of looking like a fool. just don't complain that nobody talks when you are the cause of a problem.

just recently i had a guy who i've never seen but was probably a regular due to his size strike a conversation with me. he actually started with "wish i had calves like you" and then we talked for almost an hour about various things while we shared a rack.
>>
>>39114657
You should wash them after every use. It does smell, other people notice way before you do, trust me.
>>
>>39114657
They smell because they dont shower and/or dont use deodorant. Not washing your clothes makes you equivalent.
>>
>>39114303
This... fuck this I hate this. I only talk to my friend at the gym who I knew long before I went to the gym.

I remember seeing a coach at the hospital and we said hi to each other now when we see each other at the gym its so fucking akward
>>
>>39114307
Change the time you go.
>>
>>39114657
There's a guy in my gym whose sweat stinks like piss that was brewing on the sun. It's really a horrible smell and I always notice that people avoid him. It's true that you never really smell yourself because you gradually get used to the smell, but others will smell it instantly.

Anyway I have no idea if I should tell the guy and how to even approach him with such subject.
>>
>>39114101
That's exactly what i want, i only have one hour in the gym before i have to go to work so leave me alone to do what i have to do.
I do slightly regret putting out the vibe i didn't want to talk because this qt 3.14 approached me in the gym and wanted to chat and i gave her a one word answer and walked off. Now she goes out of her way to avoid me.
>>
>>39114497
Have you been to the mcfit right next to a McDonald's? That gym is fucking glorious.
>>
>>39114351
You go to the gym in Beverly hills or something? Everyone at my gym including the cardio bunnies wear the same thing every day. You look for the colours and know exactly who is there without even looking at their faces.
>>
File: 1475349094078.jpg (16KB, 634x450px) Image search: [Google]
1475349094078.jpg
16KB, 634x450px
>>39114810
But i can smell it, thats precisely when i wash it. Right when it starts to smell, after 3 days.

Id have to be some kinda ultracuck to wash perfectly decent smelling clothes every single night just to please people at the gym

I wipe down my equipment and stay home when i have a cold. But i guess im labeled a DIRTY CUNT CAUSE I CANT AFFORD 20 DIFFERENT FUCKING GYM OUTFITS
>>
>>39114948
>days

Absolutely disgusting
>>
>>39114957
>days as in separate gym sessions
>each being an hour long
>so 3 hours total wear time before a wash

I shower twice a day but youre takin this cleanfag shit too far
>>
>>39114999
The pants of my crotch will smell like piss after the first gym day. You're absolutely disgusting
>>
>>39114948
if you don't sweat that's fine but i sweat a lot. after my first work set my chest area looks like someone splashed water. after my 3rd set i look like i came out of the pool. pretty much why i wear the same shit to the gym every time and why i wash it after each workout.
>>
>>39114132
>>39114132
>>39114132
>>
>some autistic kid with no life at the gym
>every time I go there he fucking talks to me
>at first it started with just me, now it seems like he's somehow befriended everyone
>and he's there literally all the time because he has nothing better to do

god, I wish he would just leave me alone
>>
File: 0e9.jpg (24KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
0e9.jpg
24KB, 499x499px
>>39114810
I hope so much that's me you're talking about. Does my body odor bother you while you lift, hmm?
>>
>>39115053
GOD THE PAJEETS ARE THE WORSE! They always smell like shit!!!!
>>
File: 1476677847120.jpg (619KB, 1959x1469px) Image search: [Google]
1476677847120.jpg
619KB, 1959x1469px
>ask oldbro if hes waiting for a squat rack
>tell him I've got one set left
>helps me unrack everything and we have a short convo because he's not sure if he should be wearing his oly shoes while deadlifting
>go home and have a protein shake and realize that was probably the only conversation ill have for the next couple days
>>
>>39115021
lmao why? Do you squirt piss out with each rep

What the fuckkk

>>39115026
So im supposed to do a whole wash cycle for 1 shirt and 1 pair of sweatpants every day? Like i dont have enough normal laundry to fill the washer more than once or twice a week

How high is your hydro bill for gods sake. I cant afford the water bill to wash my single outfit OR the price of buying 20 different outfits so i guess ill just be the smelly guy

Fuck it

Even if i started washing my stuff religiously, at this point my label as the great white pajeet is already cemented and nobody would change their opinion of me
>>
>>39114410

>Go to Poland
>Enter gym and shake everyones hand
>Start doing squats
>Everyone starts shaking my hand after I beat a PR
>Go see a movie with my gf to celebrate
>Everyone is shaking hands during the credits
>Leave and get pulled over on the way home
>Cop shakes his partners hand and gets out of the vehicle
>Hands on the wheel as he walks up
>"License and registration"
>Hand it to him
>He gets super pissed I didnt offer to shake hands
>>
>>39115094
Wear different clothes! It's not hard
>>
>>39115038
I have this guy at my gym. You need to tell him to leave you alone because he thinks you like talking to him. Be harsh so he gets the message but no so harsh that it is awkward to be in the same room.
>>
File: 1473540146846.png (205KB, 322x276px) Image search: [Google]
1473540146846.png
205KB, 322x276px
>>39115108
No! Read my original post!

I have 5 work uniforms to wash, and 7+ casual outfits, im not adding in 6 gym outfits. Thats washing 18 outfits minimum per week and we aint even talkin about towels and underwear and shit

Fuck you!
>>
>go to Japan
>Get into the gym and have to meet with an advisor
>Sign forms and release saying I have no tattoos
>Sign in to use the bench, then sign out after I'm done
>This process exists for every single machine
>Old man scolds me for deadlifting.
>half-reppers are trying to avoid whatever side of the gym I'm on
>Nobody wants to be near the big gaijin
>Grab a 25lb and do some weighted chin ups
>hear murmurs of sugoi and tsuyoi-ne
>Sign out of the workout station and then sign out to leave
>Ask about a gym membership
>not accepting applications
>>
if you have earphones/headphones on, is that basically saying "dont ever talk to me" ?
>>
>>39115094
i just do. the more lean i am the more i sweat. it's weird. obviously i only sweat when i start doing my max effort work sets.

i just put my gym clothes in water and add some vinegar plus detergent and hand wash it then let it soak for a bit before putting them to dry so they are dry the next day.
>>
>>39115290
yes, unless you are asking them if they are done or if they have more sets.
>>
>>39115366
Ya i guess thats smart

Its just i work all day, then go to the gym, then cook dinner, by that point im done with the chore routines u know?

I have like an hour to watch bullshit like Family Feud before i go to bed and do it all again

I dont wanna add fuckin laundry onto the end of that routine, feels like thered be no time for me to just relax

I guess im just bitching at this point
>>
>>39115446
during the time you cook dinner wash your gym clothes. literally takes less then a minute. then after you're done eating and go brush your teeth take them out and put them to dry.

if you can get through all the shit during the day, you can certainly spend less then a minute for one more thing.
>>
I have always said 'thank you' walking out after a workout at every gym I've gone to and it's always been normal, 'no problem have a nice day' response, etc.

Now it seems like I am shocking the desk people when I say it, as if it's extremely weird to say thank you.
>>
>>39115249
Have 3 shirts, wear them cyclically and put them in the freezer instead of washing them. Or wear wifebeaters, they don't stink as quickly
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.