[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone successfully fixed anterior pelvic tilts? How and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0098.jpg (30KB, 452x325px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0098.jpg
30KB, 452x325px
Has anyone successfully fixed anterior pelvic tilts? How and how long did it take you?
>>
>>39108861
Bumping
>>
shit genetics can't be changed, just deal with it
>>
>>39108861
Go and see a physiotherapist. You probably have tight hip flexers from sitting at you computer all day.
>>
>>39108861
You can fix any posture issue through routine stretching and posture management. Look up any of the hundreds of videos about stretching for APT.

You just have to commit to it every day for a long time to see results. Most people give up before seeing good results.
>>
File: IMG_8133.jpg (620KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8133.jpg
620KB, 1536x2048px
fixed my shitty posture by breaking my spine and gettinrg stuck in a back brace for 4 months
>>
I have some minor APT induced by injury. Try consciously, lightly squeezing your glutes and abs when you walk around for a bit. Eventually you'll start doing it instinctively
>>
>>39108976
bro for 99% of people with APT its not caused by genetics
>>
>>39108976
Retard

>>39108861
2-3 months, did hamstring curls and isolated abs while not doing any quads or lower back exercise, also stretching hip flexors.
>>
>>39109319
Isolated abs? Can you please post the whole routine? How many times a day and week
>>
>>39109346
https://youtu.be/BEn61BL4Nwk
Doing PPL, I just replaced squats with hamstring curls and deadlines with hammer strength ab machine. Then stretching hip flexors with lunges every day or two. Actively flex abs and glutes and push hips forward in daily life.
>>
I fixed my mainly with flute bridges plus lying on my back instead of sides when I sleep. If you have time lie on ur back on the ground as well
>>
File: IMG_0623.jpg (17KB, 227x222px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0623.jpg
17KB, 227x222px
>>39109122
Holy shit Hahahaha!
>>
>>39109431
Can't you do squats and diddys when trying to fix APT?
>>
>>39112850
Sure they mostly target your glutes and hamstrings, that's what you want to do. Just make sure you have proper form.
>>
>>39109122
WHAT HAPPENED CAPS
>>
>>39113121
Not that anon, but will do, comrade
>>
How do you squeeze your glutes while walking without looking constipated?
>>
Took me about 6 months to correct my APT with stretches and exercise.

Gained 3/4 inch in height, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83tnWFojtcY
>>
So I was wondering if any other anons left or right hip is bigger than their opposite side? I have atp and I think having a rolled out hip is synonymous with atp.
>>
>>39113708
How did you do it?
>>
>>39113761
Sorry, just realized that was the wrong video.

Proper for in lifting is a great start and these stretches: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpO5pgQwc5c

Also, don't cross your legs when you sit and make sure not to slouch at the computer all day.
>>
The tight muscles for these are the lumbar erectors; iliac/psoas and the quadratic lumborum.

The weak muscles are the text us abdominus; obliques; DEFINITELY the transverse abdominus; hamstrings and gluteus Maximus.

Plank on an exercise ball to tighten the transverse abdominus - do them in bouts of 20-30 seconds in 3 sets. Any longer and other muscles will begin to compensate such as the iliac.

I'm still working on mine but it takes time. Daily habits such as how you sit and such will dictate how your posture will be
>>
>>39113813
My job is sitting in front of a computer

Is it fine if I keep a proper posture?
>>
>>39108861
Took about a year after a major injury and weight gain.
Lots of pelvic floor exercises, stretching religiously morning and night, watching posture, a shoe insert for my right side due to degradation (wear and tear).
At one point I could actually feel my lower body popping and joints grinding together. It's much less pronounced now.
I gained about 1 inch overall, but much like everything I still have to actively watch myself to not fall into bad habits. I have a tendency to get worn out standing for more than 8 hours and begin to lean on things.
>>
>>39113854
Did you walk or sleep any specific way?
>>
>>39113892
Physical therapy dude says that everyone over time begins to have degradation on one leg from normal wear and tear. So I would make sure your leg length matches and get appropriate inserts if they don't. Even if you work on your tilt, if will cause more problems as your pelvis shifts to the left or right.
Walking in general is just good for you if you walk at a brisk pace your body automatically begins to shift to make it more efficient. All you need to do is check your posture, ensure you are standing up and not slouched either forward or backward. Lifting or body workouts seems to be a much better way of fixing body dysmorphia, while walking and running are lifestyle changes for keeping from developing it again. Cardio is great for body shifts, but stay away from cycling/ellipticals and other meme cardio devices. They change the range of physical motion and alter the body to become more efficient for those goals. Not for general day to day movement. Swimming is also good as it allows full body motion while being low impact.
As for sleeping I had to switch to my left side for a few months and sleep with a pillow between my knees. That helped straighten my spine out match it to my pelvis (as intended) after that is when I noticed my right leg was slightly shorter. As my pelvis became less pronounced and corrected I have since switched to laying on my back with a pillow underneath my thighs and knees.

Pelvis is almost entirely corrected and only problem is now my right leg which has about a quarter inch loss than my left.

Easily fixed with the inserts and only problems now are running and squats which feel slightly awkward with the insert.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.