[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you find the motivation to work out every day? I used

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_6564.jpg (77KB, 544x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6564.jpg
77KB, 544x960px
How do you find the motivation to work out every day?

I used to have these bursts of energy where I felt like I needed to work out, but then I lost it all. Now even when I try to force myself to do any sort of workout, like a push up for example, I'll do one, then I'll just give up, how can I find that huge burst of energy again?
>>
It's not motivation, it's discipline
>>
Discipline and actually eat a proper diet. No energy = shitty diet and sedentary lifestyle
>>
>>39107723
How can I push through that though? I just feel so weak when I try doing any workout. I do like to listen to fuckin metal music, but I'll lose my breath 1 minute into the song then give up
>>
>>39107723
This
>>
Force yourself until it feels weird to not do it.

Literally how any habit is borne
>>
>>39107718
Finally getting to university and realizing that for every beautiful girl there is a Chad. So I must become a Chad.

Unfortunately though my determination to lift takes a toll on my studies. I was never a good student but lifting eating and sleeping right have become excuses to procrastinate.
>>
>>39107785
See that's where my drive used to be, because I was into this girl but she moved off to a different college. I gave up, it's just hard for me to find that determination again.
>>
Also any time I want to change myself, it's always at like 4am and I always say, "oh ill do it when i wake up" then I never do, and it's another day wasted of me doing nothing
>>
>>39107723
agreed

I have very strong well thought out motivation to the point of making me tear up, but it won't make me disciplined.
>>
>>39107718
By working out enough to get a rush.
By cutting back on other vices.
By fucking women, and looking at other women I want to fuck.
By starting a few warm up sets, and looking at my current record.
By not being a little faggot.
>>
File: IMG_20160920_200152.jpg (2MB, 2769x4853px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160920_200152.jpg
2MB, 2769x4853px
Years of clinical depression and attempted suicide.

Nothing makes me happy now except for obsessive levels of self-improvement in every aspect of my life. I hated myself, so I spend every day forcing myself to be more like someone I would admire.

It sounds unhealthy, but if I deviate from it for more than a day or so I fall into a spiral of drinking and self-loathing that puts me back into suicide mode, so I stick to it.
>>
>>39107757
I know this feel, happens to us all at some point. for me it was just being more stoic, treating happiness like it doesn't mean anything to me. Even if only as a tool to get myself to work out for an hour or so, I'll pretend I'm nothing and that this is what must be done, so it happens. my happiness/opinion literally doesn't exist at that point. of course I don't live all of my life like this, just use it as a tool to discipline myself
>>
>>39107718
Start abusing low key stimulants and start lifting as they come on. Sorta fucks up the rest of your day, but you can take other drugs or smoke weed to counteract it a bit.

Good ones I suggest, in partial order:
Dextroamphetamine (prescription)
DMAA / DMBA HCL / AMP citrate (god tier supps, might be illegal in your country)
ephidrine (might be illegal in your country)
psuedoephidrine (available over the counter as nasal decongestant)
whatever pus shit they're putting in preworkout now
caffeine
>line where it starts being not worth it
modanafil
meth and all other illicit stimulants.
>>
>>39107757
I used to listen to metal when working out, but I was always ready to leave. Started listening to this playlist of neofolk jams, now I workout 6 days a week, lifting feels almost meditative now.
>>
I feel like coming on here and following a few fitness channels kind of helps. Gets me more in the mood and mindset to lift shit for a hour.
>>
>>39107718
always read the fat shame threads.
>>
>>39107718

this kid knows whats up
>>
>>39108200
thats the feel right there
>>
>>39107757
watch some of this guy's vids pham
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ij6tN1VphZU
>>
File: Happy-Sad-Frog-03.jpg (16KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
Happy-Sad-Frog-03.jpg
16KB, 396x385px
>>39107718
>How do you find the motivation to work out every day?

I have been trying and failing to get in shape for many years. I am 25 right now and have realized that I either do it now or never.

I want to be a sick cunt I have always wanted to be but did not have the discipline and guts to push through all the challenges along the way.

I do not want to wake up 1 year from now and think to myself "I need to start going to the gym". This disgusts so much because I have been there so many times. This is it for me. I started working out in July and have not stopped ever since. Every rep, every run has been to the maximum.

So yeah, how do I motivate myself? I don't, this is who I am.
>>
>>39107718
rolling
>>
>>39107718
>>>
> Anonymous 10/17/16(Mon)00:10:09 No.39108269▶

>needing something to motivate you to work out

I am alive, and I must lift

It certainly helps that working out for me feels like having an orgasm the entire time.

>>39108262
Also this. I drink way too much caffeine
>>
>>39107757
Do you need motivation to brush your teeth every day?

Do you understand how ridiculous your question is now?
>>
>>39110163

The secret is that you force yourself to work out, but after 10 or 15 minutes into your work out, you get the energy/ motivation to push hard to the end.

tl;dr force yourself to workout
>>
Don't start drinking or using marijuana until AFTER your workout for that day, it'll give you reason to go and go early. It's why I go at like, 8:00am
>>
Just force yourself to do it, after a while it just becomes routine.

In the west the prevailing idea is "do what comes natural" for some of us it's never natural but eventually there's a comfy feeling to the whole thing.

You begin to really enjoy that rush of putting on your workout gear, driving to the gym, pulling that spaghetti out, the clanking of the iron, the smell of sweat, the butts in yoga pants.

It's divine.
>>
>>39107723
this.
motivation is for weak willed nothings.
>>
>>39108200
So your method is "do it or die"? lol. Hell of a motivation.
>>
File: 1476711443692.jpg (583KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1476711443692.jpg
583KB, 2048x2048px
Tinder sluts are my motivation
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.