[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled... Should lateral raises be done

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

Now that the dust has settled...

Should lateral raises be done with arms or elbows leading?
>>
>>39107346
neither

do them bent over for that natty 3d delts
>>
>>39107357
T.retard
>>
>>39107346
I'd say elbows, especially if you're upping the weight and go for 8 reps instead of 12. I like to do them a bit sloppy and lift some extra weight as well. It helps destroying the fibers. but don't underestimate the power of slower negatives that come with stricter form and lower weight.
>>
>>39107346
I'm really confused as to what you are asking. What do you mean by "leading?"
>>
>>39107346
https://youtu.be/q5sNYB1Q6aM
>>
>>39107346
Elbows, it works it just as good as the other way and you wont feel as fatigued as fast
>>
>>39108076
>ya I basically do them this way
>I advise you do this but the opposite is advisable

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>39108244
Thanks for that. I typically did this anyway, but only because I had never heard of the "pour the pitcher of water" thing. Good to know though.
>>
I just did this for many sets and the answer is pronate pronate pronate

I'm convinced level barbells for lateral raises are actively harmful at this point
>>
i normally bend my elbows but do the negative
these have turned my delts from dyel to striated without flexing mode
when doing lateral raises do 5 normal reps(dont ignore the negative) then on the last one of thoes five reps hold it for 5 seconds then lower it down slowly then do 4 reps and on the last one hold it for 4 seconds then lower slowly then do 3 reps and on the last one hold it for 3 seconds then lower slowly then repeat for 2 reps and a 2 second hold then on the last rep hold it for as long as possible

these will blow your delts the fuck up
>>
>>39107346
>lateral raises
Enjoy your shoulder impingement.
>>
>>39108391
you only get shoulder impingement if you internally rotate and do the stupid broscience way and pour the pitchers. Just externally rotate and have your hands higher than your elbows.
>>
>>39108076
>>39108265
How bent should your elbows be?

>>39108425
But everyone says lead with elbows... how should hands be higher?
>>
>>39108567
Watch the video I posted.
>>
>>39108391
>Enjoy your under-developed dyel delts
>>
>>39108759
Memelean says every fucking exercise is a [BODYPART] killer
>>
>>39108244
can you summarise it? cant watch the vid right now
>>
File: 1473029077593.png (124KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
1473029077593.png
124KB, 785x757px
>>39107346

rip in pies trying to lead with the elbows with any serious weight.

t. Oculus DeltĀ© founder
>>
>>39109442
How the fuck do I lead with hands then
>>
File: 1475932447906.png (75KB, 348x301px) Image search: [Google]
1475932447906.png
75KB, 348x301px
>>39108778

I only do ohp and the rear delt machine. I can do 8 handstand pushups with no wall and OHP 125 3x10 ezpz. I can't think of any other exercises that stresses the side delts so what's the point.
>>
>>39109463

I think I meant arms...

I'm tired and don't remember.

The point is with heavy weight, your arms will bend some; but don't bend them so much that your elbows go 45 degrees causing you to lead with them.

You can bend them slightly, but I am strict as possible and don't rotate my arms at all.
>>
>>39109681
True but should elbows or hands be lifting weight/

People say elbows causes impingement but others way elbows works front delt more
>>
>>39107346
arms

elbows leading/thumbs down calls for an unhealthy amount of internal rotation
>>
with cables
So the question is
cable on the front of your body or the back?
>>
>>39108076
>rip rotator cuff
>>
>>39108026
wow this
>>39107346
pretend you're pouring out two jugs of milk into a kneeling mark rippetoe's mouth, that should be the only lateral raise form cue you need
>>
>>39107346
Lead with your thumbs if you wanna have working shoulders in 5 years
>>
i like laterals but last time i did them i gave myself tennis elbow - any tips for avoiding that?
>>
>>39110630
That's just going to increase the risk of shoulder impingememt
>>
>>39108375
did you try doing this type of exercise for other muscles groups
>>
>>39110630
do this and then kill yourself because of the pain
>>
>>39108076
>I like to do them a bit sloppy and lift some extra weight
>RIP levator scapulae

going for that quasimodo look anon?
>>
>>39109409
Lean forward, keep sholders rotated back.

I figured this out on my own when i first started lifting. Proper posture has sholders rotated back, and if i leaned forward slightly I didn't hear "clicking" in my shoulder...
>>
>>39107357
>lets make this a back exercise wew
>>39107346
3 ranges of motion, forward, side, up and from the side. Up and out being a supinated rotation at the top part of your lateral raise ending up with palms FORWARD. Elbows slightly bent at all times

Also latty gains because of motion and not being bent overk
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.