[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHO'S RIGHT???

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: _20161016_165814.jpg (94KB, 768x609px) Image search: [Google]
_20161016_165814.jpg
94KB, 768x609px
WHO'S RIGHT???
>>
>>39104561
Neither
>>
>>39104561
Both
>>
>>39104561
>>39104576
>>39104608

Another top quality thread on >/fit/ - Fitness
>>
(1)

>>39104561
That article from RDL fitness has some good and some bad points.

>A standard cue for the face pull is to keep the elbows higher than the wrists. This just exacerbates impingement.
True. So just keep your wrists higher than your elbows.

>You may add other cues, such as pulling the rope apart, to activate the rear shoulders. You may emphasize shrugging to hit the scapular upward rotation muscles.
>No matter how you do it though, the face pull risks the health of the shoulders.
Well, shrugging decreases chance of impingement, so it does lower the risk of injury.

>The face pull prevents the lats from contributing strongly since the path you pull from is well above the bellies of these muscles.
Sure, true.

>Your body evolved to handle weight using lots of muscle.
Yeah, sure.

>Many isolation exercises just disable large muscles, such as through insufficiency, reducing strength and safety.
Reduces strength, sure. Safety isn't reduced necessarily though.

>The row addresses the same muscles, and more, safely.
There's less of a chance of impingement on rows, yeah, but the also don't hit the external rotators in the same way.

>The shoulder externally rotates only slightly or not at all, which is a good thing. The external rotators should work to stabilize the shoulder, not to move a load.
If you never experience any shoulder problems by just doing the big compound movements, great.
But if you do, smaller isolation-type exercises can definitely be used.

>The science of anatomy describes the limit for a range of motion as an end feel. This happens through full external rotation on the face pull, called a hard end feel. This harms the joint since the bones smash together.
True, don't try to force range of motion.
>>
>Your joints should stay fairly close to the middle range of its possible joint angles, especially with a load. Though lifting weights includes some range of motion, it should deemphasize the extremes.
Yes, deemphasizing the extremes is a good idea.
Staying "fairly close to the middle range" just limits range of motion unnecessarily.

>Many argue that the face pull corrects problems from bench pressing.
>The bench press itself is not the culprit though. Too much range of motion and the wrong grip width cause any problems.
Yes, too much range of motion can be a problem in benching.
But face pulls can also help resolve shoulder issues that stem from bench pressing.

>So long as you use the row along with the bench press, with each done right, the shoulders will stay balanced.
Not for everyone, but it can be an idea to start out with that, and use isolation-type exercises only when they're necessary.
>>
>>39104561
Arent face pulls just for people too weak to do pull-ups?
>>
>>39104618
satisfied now?

>>39104804
>>39104834
>>
>>39104844
No, those would be pull downs. Face pulls are a great accessory for your rear delts
>>
>>39104893
I get shoulder pain on them

Should i be doing the external rotation component omar isuf advocates for?

My routine calls for 5x15 facepulls. Should I do the trap/rear delt variation without ER component?

Please teach me how to do facepulls I've watched every video and I'm still confused on cues
>>
>>39104925
>My routine calls for 5x15 facepulls.
Then it's a shit routine.
>>
>>39104561
That rdl fitness website might be the worst thing on the internet. You should just ignore that idiot.
>>
Face pulls are great for shoulder health, just go light and focus on rear delts.
And also T-Nation>RDL
>>
>>39104951
He has some valid points.

>>39104954
T-Nation has put out some god awful stuff.
It really depends on the author.
>>
>>39104946
Just help me Pls

I've watched every video and I'm confused still
>>
>>39104969
Yeah definitely true but from a general standpoint rdl is shit comparatively
>>
>>39104970
If you can't figure out how to do them correctly, they'll do you more harm than good.

Just do rows and chin-ups/pull-ups.
>>
>>39105015
Yeah, maybe, I'm not familiar with all of his work, so I don't know really.
>>
>>39105016
I try but it feels weird

Pls teach. Everyone says something different... pronated grip, neutral grip, pull scapula back, elbows above hands, hands above elbows
>>
>>39105253
dude, fuck off already.
>>
>>39105270
Eat shit faggot I thought this was a fitness board that actually has fitness discussion.

Guess I should've posted some shitty feels and B R E H S with an obese woman thread
>>
>>39105270
I have posted a lot of actual fitness discussion, and I've already give you your advice.

If you're not willing to take the advice given to you, that's on you, not me.
>>
>>39104970
?v=HSoHeSjvIdY
>>
>>39105016
>Just do rows and chin-ups/pull-ups.
>replace a rear delt isolation with chin-ups

bruh
>>
>>39104561
>Life is Strange.jpg
>>
Omar Isuf recommends face pulls and he's built like a trap. I already have issues with my lack of masculinity so i avoid them
>>
>>39105293
>Guess I should've posted some shitty feels and B R E H S with an obese woman thread

KEK
>>
>>39105406
I said rows and chin-ups.
>>
>>39105435
The way he does them is weird desu
>>
File: 1476657511-fs8.png (15KB, 662x408px) Image search: [Google]
1476657511-fs8.png
15KB, 662x408px
>>39105406
also this
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.