[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

rowing machine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Proteus-Par5500-Rowing-Machine.jpg (97KB, 800x409px) Image search: [Google]
Proteus-Par5500-Rowing-Machine.jpg
97KB, 800x409px
hi /fit/
can you get big just by using the rowing machine?
the one in my gym is barely, if ever, used, so there's no wait for it and it seems like a pretty great machine overall
>>
I THINK it's upper body cardio. I do them with my gf, the resistance is nothing.

No exercise gets you big bruh bruh yah gottuh eat buhg
>>
>>39102588
no
>>
>>39102588
It's a treadmill for your upperbody. Your upperbody will adjust to handle the extra endurance, but you won't see any size difference.
>>
>>39102588
There is an interval program on Concept 2s: you can do, 500m, rest, 500 m, and so on. Don't go higher than a resistance of 6 and watch the form videos.

it's a pretty good leg, back, and shoulder developer so you could get away with a really simple barbell routine and then do rowing intervals to get extra leg, back, and shoulder volume. It won't work your chest or triceps though.
>>
>>39104786
>treadmill for your upper body

Not really. Done properly it's almost a full body exercise. You push with you legs, stabilize yourself with your core, and you get an excellent work out for your back (because its a bent over row exercise except you are actually rowing) and biceps.
>>
>>39104786
Real rowers are lanklets so they don't show gains. Put a sub-6'0 person on almost any of the concept 2 short or middle distance programs and they'll get pretty jacked. Proper rowing isn't like a treadmill. It's more like a snatch pull in that a lot of explosive power is needed in a full ROM. In running, your legs never really have a chance to recover. A rower doing 20 strokes per minute for a 2000 meter steady state aerobic interval has time to recover between strokes and use more of their anerobic system for power.
>>
File: 0901SundayMedals013-01B.jpg (294KB, 880x587px) Image search: [Google]
0901SundayMedals013-01B.jpg
294KB, 880x587px
No one in this thread has any idea what they're talking about. It is both hilarious and sad that they no nothing of the sport.
>>
>>39105979
The ergo is best as a warm up

I had a 6:29 2k this year but quit to lift. It's a good sport, but not worth it unless you're going to the Olympics. Lifting will give you better results.
>>
>>39105979
Then answer OP's question.
>>
>>39102588
I rowed for 10 years so ill give my 2 cents.

The erg doesnt really work any area that significantly. It does work your legs but anything you could do in a gym would be better.

From what I understand, we only used the erg to increase our cardio and to work on some form on the water (keeping our ergs in time/ keeping our hands up on the stroke).

so to answer your question: no, i dont believe you can get big on the erg. There just isnt that much resistance.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.