[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDDOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 32

File: 1476375903226.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
1476375903226.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Heh

Is it normal to feel like I'm dying on a diet? Eating around 1800 calories and I think I'm dying brehs.

Help me.

Pic unrelated
>>
drink more water. caffeine. smoke some cigs.
>>
>>39096229

>looks like that
>wants to lose weight

why are women so stupid
>>
>>39096238
why can't you read?
>>
>>39096229
coffee, drink lots of it
also celery
>>
it it okay to pause between deadlift reps or should you be doing them right after each other?
>>
you ARE dying, every second is one that brings you closer to death
>>
>>39096250
Don't think it makes a difference other than giving each rep full effort because you give yourself time to brace.
>>
when should i start using a weight belt when i squat and DL?
>>
Should I devote an entire session for arms alone? I normally do some arms on back day or shoulder day but I've seen some of the bigger guys spend two hours on arms
>>
What are some good dumbbell exercises that work out the back?
>>
>>39096256
deep
>>
>>39096229
For anyone who wants more
>>>/soc/24448426
>>
I started doing curls with around 10kg, i can do 3x8, maybe 3x10 if fresh. My question is: is 10kg enough to make my biceps grow? i can't add much more weight since im curling my backpack.
>>
>>39096296
those guys are either on gear, or fighting a plateau

if you're not either, then don't spend hours in the gym
>>
>>39096405
Just want to know if to have a day just for arms. I dont spend hours in the gym
>>
>>39096291
Get one if you're training for competition, and wear it on most lifts 90%+.

Otherwise, it's up to you. IMO they're a good tool if your lower-back fatigue is bottle-necking the rest of your routine.
>>
>>39096432
No
>>
When should I cut?

I started lifting at 6'2", 165 and had no visible abs. I'm ~180 right now. Lifts are progressing pretty well I guess. But when should I cut ideally? Is it just bulk until one morning I wake up and think I'm too fat or is there a good peak to reach before cutting for aesthetics? If so, what would that peak be in terms of compounds or whatever?
>>
Can anyone give me some good resources on stretching my hamstrings out? I literally can't keep my legs straight when I bend over.
>>
File: 20161015_212539.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20161015_212539.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Is pic related (diet peach snapple) as good as it seems or is there some hidden gains goblin that I'm not seeing?

>inb4 aspartame gives you cancer

Not worried about anything like that, just basic health stuff and if I can still gain muscle/lose fat while drinking this in moderation.
>>
>>39096584

The "peak" is your bf%. You start cutting before it gets too high or the cut is going to be very difficult.
>>
File: 1476482472463.jpg (14KB, 326x262px) Image search: [Google]
1476482472463.jpg
14KB, 326x262px
>>39096229
>Is it normal to feel like I'm dying on a diet?

Of course, that's why it's called a DIE-it. kek lol hahhahhah

edit: Thank you to the kind Redditor who gave me gold for this comment.

edit: wow I never thought this comment would be featured in /r/bestof! I am truly honored

edit: spelling
>>
How big of a difference between chest dips and tricep dips regarding chest-tricep activation?
Is it like pull ups and chin ups where they target the same muscles more or less or is there a big difference between the both, like if chest dips barely activate the tricep
>>
>>39096232
>telling people to start smoking
Quality advice being given in this thread
>>
>>39096874

In my experience both are pretty heavy on shoulders and triceps no matter what width. But it's also impossible to eliminate chest. So pull up/chin up sounds like a good comparison.
>>
I lost weight pretty quickly and now I've got a fair amount of loose skin. To what degree can I expect it to tighten up and how long does it tend to take?
>>
Pound a week is a healthy amount of weight to lose? Loose skin won't be a problem/as big of a problem?
>>
>>39096864
simply epic
>>
I've shit nothing but diarrhea for a week now
Am I going to die?
>>
>>39096296
8 HOURS BRO
>>
>>39096965
A small amount and a long ass time. Surgery.
>>
>>39096994
Snake oil
>>
>5'7, 200lbs, TDEE is 2200
>Was eating 1800 a day and losing nothing
>Now eating around 1300 a day and losing about 1lb a week

Can the TDEE calculation be wrong? Based off observation it seems like mine is really around 1800.
I've been trying to lose weight in various ways for like 5 years, have I fucked myself up somehow?

What can I do to make this go faster? I'm tired of being fat and I'm tired of diet+exercise plans that don't work at the rate they're supposed to. Is fasting a better option or might that fuck me over further?
>>
>>39096250
Yes many people think that you have to, but really its up to you whether you do dead stop dead lifts or touch and goes
>>39096291
Whenever you want
>>39096333
Dumbell rows
>>39096751
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1sfPfsESDQ
>>39096994
Fish oil is good to go, the other shit sounds like nonsense
>>
What are some good exercises to fix my posture?
>>
>>39097139
Odds are you're just under counting your calories. Weigh everything. Even sauce.

TDEE is not 100% on point, but it is a pretty good estimate. I'd give it 100 or 200 off in either direction
>>
>>39097208
After counting for so long I'm pretty sure I have a handle on it. I basically do 3 400 calorie meals a day plus tea, there's not much room to be wrong there. And I'm never hungry so I can't be far under my TDEE atm.
>>
Is it possible to keep getting stronger without gaining size? I'm chasing strength gains but have already started to reach the max mass I want doing a slow bulk. I want to maintain my size but keep getting stronger -- can I do this by just cutting my calories back? People close to me tell me that my muscles keep looking bigger and bigger. Been lifting for about 2 years now with a wilks of 346 if that gives you a better idea of my situation.
>>
File: IMG_9991.jpg (62KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9991.jpg
62KB, 640x640px
rate my routine. im dyel and just going for intermediate strength. i got there after lifting a few years but then i fucked yp by getting gain goblin """friends""" but now im short on time.

axbxcdd

>a
atg squats
hanging leg raises
lateral delt raises

>b
bench
ohp
arnold press
fuck around on some tricep or pec machine

>c
deadlift
bor
fuck around with some lat machines

>d
cardio: swimming or cycling
>>
>>39097139
Post meals
>>
>>39097285
>going for intermediate strength

What the fuck is the actual goal?
It's just a bunch of lifts thrown at a few days in no order or goal oriented fashion.

Sure lifting makes you bigger and stronger no matter what, but you're kinda pushin it m8, especially on a day
>>
File: 1472694632273.jpg (85KB, 708x816px) Image search: [Google]
1472694632273.jpg
85KB, 708x816px
I want to start lifting (only doing cardio at the moment), and it seems like the general consensus is that SS is the way to go for the first few months.

First off, how many here have actually started with SS?
And second, my gym does not have any place to do deadlines, and as a newbie I'm not too particular on doing them anyway because snap city. Is there any effective replacement for diddlys?
>>
>>39097296
my shoulders are shit so i throw in delt stuff on A. squats and leg raises so i can tone my abs you moran.

>tfw routine is to intelligent for ratings
>>
>>39096229

Is this a good routine for a pencil neck?

Wrestler's bridge, 1xfailure
Rear neck curls, 4x12
Front neck curls, 4x12

I do this 3 times a week
>>
>>39096229
I'm doing greyskull and it says to do rows, dunno which ones tho. What's the best row exercise to do?
>>
5'9" 130lb skelly here.

If I start lifting, can I expect to get a bit more of a defined jawline? I feel like there's a tiny bit of fat in my face, but I'm not sure if I'd lose that through lifting or not.
>>
>>39096790
i see a problem
>not water
>>
File: 1474037122210.jpg (13KB, 339x339px) Image search: [Google]
1474037122210.jpg
13KB, 339x339px
>>39097303
>deadlines
>snap city

bruh
>>
>>39096229
Should I eat the same amount of calories on my non training days? Or should I just hit my protein macros
>>
>>39097475
I usually bump up calories the day before on a heavy lifting day usually when I do lower body.

I train 4 days a week, upper, lower,rest, upper, lower, rest rest repeat.

If you're focused more towards fat loss I would eat consistently the same lowered calories ED, reduce weight and intensity ( dieting I do 3 sets, 'bulking' I do 4-5).

Good luck op. The dieting battle is won in the mind.
>>
>>39096874
Hardly any difference as far as I can tell.
>>
>>39097195
Deadlifts, rows, face pulls, planks.
>>
>>39097273
Yes. That's why there are guys of varying strength levels in the same weight class in every strength sport with weight classes.
>>
>>39097303
You can do deadlifts anywhere what to heck
>>
>>39097285
Retarded. 1x a week frequency for each lift sucks cock. How quickly do you think your bench will go up from benching 4x a month?

Just do any beginner program ffs. Add some core work if you want.
>>
>>39097463

>deadlines
>posting from phone
>autocorrect

Give me a break you knew what I meant
>>
>>39097303
You can deadlift in any space that is 7 feet long and about 2.5 feet wide. Don't fucking lie to me and say you can't find a space like this in your gym, you fucking faggot.
>>
>>39097401
Doesn't matter. Pick one and get good at it.
>>
>>39096229
1800 and you feel like dying? Americans...
>>
What can i do to compensate for my tiny bitch wrists? Will wrist curls make my forearm look better?
>>
I've got a few questions about dieting:
1: I've heard you can use black coffee as an appetite suppressant, is this true?
2: Are there other foods/drinks/things you can consume/do to suppress appetite?
3: Is it OK to eat nuts/cashews and such granted I only consume at most 1.5 handfuls a day?
4: Are there any foods/drinks to avoid while on a diet aside from the obvious (butter, chocolate, sugar etc.)?
5: Any other tips for starting a diet?
Any answers would be much appreciated.
>>
>>39097608
>I've got a few questions about dieting:
>1: I've heard you can use black coffee as an appetite suppressant, is this true?
Yes
>2: Are there other foods/drinks/things you can consume/do to suppress appetite?
yes drinking lots of water can make you feel full, high protein and fibre will make you feel full for longer, chewing gum can help with cravings.
>3: Is it OK to eat nuts/cashews and such granted I only consume at most 1.5 handfuls a day?
yes If it fits your macros you can eat anything
>4: Are there any foods/drinks to avoid while on a diet aside from the obvious (butter, chocolate, sugar etc.)?
See above
>>
>>39097608
> Caffeine dulls your hunger. Drink a lot of water.
> The fats in nuts are good for you.
> So are those in grass-fed butter. Others might argue otherwise, but take that as you will.
> My advice? Count calories like an autist. I went from 210lbs to 140lbs doing that. Macros come 2nd. Read the sticky.
>>
>>39097303
So just do 3x12 deadlifts. You'll be using weight so low you can't snap your shit if you try. There's no reason to cut it out entirely. I never go after deadlift; I always do it after squatting, and I do at least 8 reps in each set. I treat it basically the same as Romanian deadlift: accessory.

The gist is that the deadlift is a very natural motion. You should practice it, however timidly (in terms of pr's and weight) you think is best for you.
>>
>>39096994
Yes, absolutely. They wont help immediately with fitness, but they will absolutely contribute to your long term health. People generally aren't educated on how deeply nutrition factors with consideration to the expression of our genes. My current brand of fish oil lists its EPA and DHA content together (which is inconvenient) but I try and get in around 3600mg of Omega-3s. Get some Vitamin D (D3) in there as well. Finally be wary of people who assert nutrition isn't important; they are /frauds
>>
why do carbs make me feel depressed? felt like a God the first week of PSMF with no carbs/fats then had a refeed yesterday and it was like being depressed, I even uninstalled wow because at the moment it just felt pointless lol
>>
>>39096229
Is TestWorx good or snake oil?
>>
Is it possible to get weaker while bulking and working out normally?
>do brosplit in summer
>lifts are 135/185/315/375 for 5rm
>switch to ppl, start bulking
>lifts are 125/175/295/375 for 5x3 sets
I've tried being more conscious of form but regardless, my lifts shouldn't be dropping.
>>
>>39096238
can't tell if whiteknight or retarded
>>
File: wrist.png (213KB, 435x400px) Image search: [Google]
wrist.png
213KB, 435x400px
I've had tendon pain shown in pic related for like a month and it's not going away. It acts up when i push down with my hand in a neutral position or use barbells that aren't in the shape of an ez bar. i just want it to go away it's so annoying
>>
Is there a routine specifically intend to help you build out your shoulders in order to make squat possible?

Otherwise I'm sticking to the "pussy pad"
>>
Exercises to make my penis muscle thicker?
>>
This is probably a question for /ck/ but since /fit/ is the undisputed God of Oats, I'll post it here.

How can I have oats for dinner? For example, are there any dishes that can be substituted for oats? Obviously I'd want to switch carbs for carbs, but I can't see oats going well in my chicken and rice dishes.
>>
Stretch before or after lifting?
>>
I'm tempted to get /fa/ but I don't want all my new clothes to become unwearable when I get /fit/. Are my concerns legitimate? Or should I stop being a pussy?
>>
>>39098083
Do more squats. Add in shrugs.
>>39098314
Killing yourself.
>>39098421
After, but warm up before by using resistance bands or the empty bar.
>>39098563
It might happen depending on your weight change.
>>
>>39098563
Don't. Lift first and see what you end up.

My shoulders and traps grew a lot so when I wear workshirts the shoulders are so tight that I can't cross my arms in them.

I'd hold off until you start lifting for a bit.
>>
>>39098080
Sounds like ulnar nerve impingement.

Rest the whole arm from the forearm down for 3-6 months.

Maybe wear some wrist straps to stabilise it a bit, but ultimately you need to rest it. Otherwise see a surgeon
>>
File: power cage.jpg (26KB, 337x600px) Image search: [Google]
power cage.jpg
26KB, 337x600px
My question:

I just got pic related, gonna pick it up tomorrow.

Is this any good?
Quality?
Will the safeties hold the required weight?
Good deal for $400AUD?
>>
How long should it take me to go from 66kg to around 75 with a lean bulk? I bulked before but did it too fast and put on to much fat, so I want to take it nice and slow this time around. Any ballpark figure I can use for orientation?
>>
>>39098732
1kg \ month for a sensible lean bulk is a reasonable estimate for noob gains. I'd ball park 1yr.
>>
is there any actual decent strength routine i can do without any weights (basically just bodyweight)
i'm pretty DYEL but i wont have access to a gym for a month and a half, and I want to get started now
>>
>>39098342
If you want to eat oats for dinner, look for dinner recipes involving oats. I'm sure you can get creative. But why? Don't like brown rice?
>>
>>39098718
Anyone for this? R8 my cage?
>>
What's the science behind "cheat days" or cheat meals?

let's say my maintenance is 2k cals and I'm cutting 200 cals a day. If I eat 1.8k calories Monday-Friday, then 3k on Saturday, does it make my whole week worthless (since it averages out to 1.2k extra cals, aka 200 extra cals a day)? or does metabolism or some magic shit prevent it from working like that?
>>
>>39098773
doesnt really do a difference.
if you take 7k cals in one single sitting, most of the cals will get shot straight out of you through the pooper because it cant all be processed at such a speed you are eating it. therefore most of the weight measured in the next couple of days will be water weight.

on the other hand if you consistently overload your body (say 200kcal surplus a day), you will slowly but surely put on weight.

the best way to look at cals is on a weekly need, i guess u could say.
so for example that amounts to 2k cals a day is 14k cals a week.

to answer your question:
it does not matter if u eat 1.2k extra cals/ 200 cals pr. day, that would just amount to a surplus of 200 extra cals, or in your case as you ate most of the cals in one sitting/ one day, most of the gained weight will be water weight, hope it makes sense
>>
>>39098770
We literally know nothing about it, you ding

Find out the product name and google it
>>
>>39098746
Sounds like a reasonable plan, thanks m8, cheers.
>>
>>39098805
It is an older model of this:

https://www.worldfitness.com.au/product_info.php?products_id=2082

I'm buying it second hand and have been told by the seller it will take 1000lbs on the safety, but wanted to double check with you guys first.
>>
>>39098732
generally anything between 500g - 1.5kg pr. month is acceptable as being a "clean bulk"
that way u will maximize your lean mass gains and minimize your fat gains
>>
>>39096354
Holy fuck is /soc/ full of some thirsty niggers. Absolutely embarrassing.

On topic: Is "natural sugars are healthier than refined sugars" a meme if micro-nutrients are cast aside?
>>
>>39098814
Seems pretty legit at first glance. Safeties and hooks both 1k+ lbs. Search for reviews of the one you're actually buying, and if they look good, go for it.
>>
>>39098842
Thanks for the help man, its just my first cage so I'm a bit nervous.

I don't know if I can find any reviews but I'll look for some on that later model.
>>
>>39098838
Fiber in fruit prevents you from getting the equivalent of a syringe of sugar directly into the bloodstream, which knocks your shit all out of wack and causes your body to store it as fat so quickly. This garbage you hear about fruit making you fat is retarded. Maybe if you're trying to get ultra lean, but all the rest of the time, you're fine.
>>
>>39098851
Np man, hope it works out. I wish I could get a rack shipped to me for a reasonable cost :/
>>
>>39098802
>if you take 7k cals in one single sitting, most of the cals will get shot straight out of you through the pooper because it cant all be processed at such a speed you are eating it. therefore most of the weight measured in the next couple of days will be water weight.
I don't think this is true.
>>
>>39098838
/soc/ is facebook levels of desperation and attention-seeking. It's honestly sad, I try not to ever catch myself there.

It reminds me of the people in /gif/ threads who say "Yeah, I've got a 9-inch dick but no girls like me". No one believes you dude, fuck off.
>>
>>39098862
Where do you live, man? I might be able to help
>>
>>39098893
Hawaii. The only store that sells them here is trying to sell a Rogue half rack for like 800 I think, and that doesn't even include safeties.

I found a decent rack online for ~$600USD but it cost around that same amount just for shipping through every carrier. No worries though, I'll deal with it until I'm back in mainland US in a year and a half.
>>
>>39098718
looks sexy where'd you buy it gumtree?
>>
>>39098858
Thanks bro. Not to sound retarded, I researched this question before and found a site explaining it in-depth, but had little understanding on how the body metabolises nutrients. This response helped clarify.

That said, it's less for myself and more for understanding others. For example, these diets that are "full of natural sugars that your body needs and nature intended for it" or a child who might have a concerning amount of sugars in their diet given the amount of fruit juice and "natural" sweets they have.
>>
>>39098875
it is to some extent though, im not saying that u should do this every single week as that would overload your bodys' needs.
in general though, it doesnt really matter if u eat 7k in one sitting once in a while
>>
>>39098926
Okay, cool. Sorry man, wish I could help you out like you helped me out. If it helps at all there is an extremely detailed thread on bodybuilding.com August 2010 about power racks and their locations and prices if that helps.
>>
>>39098930
Yeah picked it up for $400, pretty happy so far, just concerned about those safety rails as I can't see what they are made of in the pic.
>>
I don't get it
I'm suppose to cut, eating at a deficit and lift while making little gains? Is it just for the energy expenditure?
>>
>>39098948
what is the question here?
well, u have to continue lifting when cutting or else you will just cut muscle
>>
>>39098953
I'll lose muscle mass even if I hit macros just fine?
From my uninformed view it seems like I'm lifting just to maintain my muscle mass and burn more calories. Is this true?
>>
How can i have morw energy when i wake up bros
>>
>>39098966
A good portion of the weight you lose when cutting at a sensible deficit will be fat. If you lift while cutting, that ratio of fat loss vs muscle loss will be better. In beginners, you can even stimulate muscle growth while cutting, from what I hear.

Your major risk of losing muscle during a cut comes from high calorie deficits.
>>
>>39098966
absolutely, when cutting you are trying to hold on to those dear muscles and let go of the pesky fat.
its a tough battle though, i generally recommend people to go for a "clean bulk", it might take longer, but you will be happier in the process and you will look better while doing it instead of looking like poop half of the year
>clean bulk, to eat 200-300kcals* over maintenance

*might vary depending on how much lean mass you already have, height and age
>>
>>39098941
No problem, and thanks, though I did a fuckton of research on racks when I was trying to get one so I probably stumbled upon it already, heh.

>>39098933
Yeah, really the only sugar a person should have is in fruit. There is sugar cane and milk, but without industry and agriculture, humans wouldn't consume them. It's not natural for us in that sense.
>>
>>39098973
Have a set-in-stone sleeping/wake up time if you can
Get in bed 30-60 minutes before you want to sleep and start reading or something, something that makes you feel sleepy. Ever noticed that when you try to sleep it's hard, but if you're playing attention to something menial you start nodding off? That's the kind of thing you're after
>>
>>39098994
>how to try to sleep
think of nothing my friends, that is the key
>>
>>39098988
This explains the 500 deficit that goes around, it seems like a safe number for it.
Good thing you mention that though because there's some days I hit a heavy 1500+ deficit because I'm busy hanging with friends or something
>>39098989
Main reason I was asking was to see if I should expect much gains while I get rid of all this fat. Being 5'10, 240 lbs and about 35% bf would it be better to stick with a deficit or the clean bulk?
>>
>>39099013
>>39098994
I guess meditation could also work
>>
File: caff.png (6KB, 908x460px) Image search: [Google]
caff.png
6KB, 908x460px
>>39098973
Cut out caffeine. It seems counter-intuitive, but being caffeine-free for extended periods increases your mental alertness on the whole.

Once you become accustomed to caffeine, a dose of it will bring you up to "regular" levels of alertness pre-caffeine addiction, but will dip lower once the effects wear off. I whipped up a crappy diagram to explain.

The other big advice has already been mentioned. Get a good sleep pattern, wake up the same time if work doesn't already force you to and get some quality rest. Get some vitamin d in the winter to account for the reduced sunlight and simply accept that because it's less sunny in the winter months that you will be less alert. Waking up with the sun is what our body wants and while you can get alarm clocks that simulate the sun rising by gently lighting your room, I can't vouch for them.
>>
>>39099035
>35%
If you're really this fat do the following:
500cal deficit = losing 2kg per month = losing 1lb per week while gaining muscle and strength wich is completely possible as a beginner and at your fatness.
Then, when you're shredded, only do the following:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIX-RyorgkQ
this requires really pushing yourself in the gym though
>>
>>39099035
a clean bulk will build you muscle, but it will inevitably build u fat as well.
if you were skinnyfat i would suggest clean bulking as the muscles would make your body composition look totally different as soon as you build a respectable amount.

in your case though i would say, eat around 300-500kcals less than your daily maintenance.
that way it wont be as hard to hold onto the diet , it will take a little longer, but u will also be able to build a noticeable amount of muscle during your cut.

also, do not forget to eat plenty of carbs, for cutting i would suggest go for something like 60/20/20 or 60/25/15/ for %carbs/protein/fat
>>
>>39099066
>beginner and at your fatness.
kek
2kg feels like a small amount but I'm probably better off with that, thanks for the heads up Anon, I'll work hard
I'll get to watching that video
>>
>>39096229
Skelly cyclist here, an ottermode guy in my class advised me to do crossfit for whole body gains. What does /fit/ think of his advice?
>>
I'm 6'1" and 219 lbs at 28% bf.
I started to eat 2000 calories a day. Before that, I ate 3000 calories a day.
I do these excercises:
5 push ups
10 sit ups
30 sec wall sit
20 squats
10 declined push ups
I repeat them 3 times with 5 min breaks, then I repeat the whole process 3 times a day 6 days a week.
What am I going to gain?
>>
>>39099067
>60/20/20 or 60/25/15/ for %carbs/protein/fat
Oh shit this is something I've been thinking about, nice!
>>
I'm really struggling here. Gf if 2 years who I thought loved me forever has left me yesterday.

Just looking for some tips to make the pain go away or get better. Struggling to find the will to live.

Do I delete or block her? I can't stand seeing her if she we're to get another guy.
>>
File: CnNJx.jpg (134KB, 600x495px) Image search: [Google]
CnNJx.jpg
134KB, 600x495px
How much will lifting fuck up my height/ limit my growth?
Is 1 gram/lb of body weight for protein accurate?
How do I avoid protein farts if I start doing 162 grams of protein a day?
Is pyramiding weights a good idea for someone who is new to lifting?
>>
>>39099090
if i got it right, u do all of these exercises 9 times a day?

seems a bit excessive tbqh.
if i were u i would do:
3x12 pushups start with 1 min break in between, work your way down to 10secs.
>rest 2 min, do this between moving to different exercises always, work your way down to 1min
3x12 situps, rest 1 min -> 10 secs
>2min
wall sit 30 secs -> 2 mins
>2 min
3x12 squats 1 min rest -> 10 sec rest
>2 min
4x6 declined pushups 40 sec rest -> 8 sec rest

do this every other day, it will yield you better gains. you can choose to do cardio on the off days if u feel like it
>>
So if you eat enough proteins while cutting you can gain muscles right?
>>
>>39099106
>do not lift heavy compound lifts that affect your legs or hips before the age of 16, preferably 18
>1 gram is more that enough, i would suggest 1 gram pr kg of bodyweight for beginners, that u could increase to 1.8 pr kg after 6 months and then 1 pr lbs after 1 year
>you will not get around protein farts, it sucks but thats how it is
>pryamiding, dunno
>>
>>39099132
you have to eat enough carbs while cutting, ofc u still have to get your broteins, of you are a beginner, yes u can gain muscle while cutting, if you have been lifting for over 2 years, not so much.
>>
>>39099144
How heavy is heavy? I can bench 60kg 3RM, but I try to avoid doing shit like dead lifts and focus more on things like lat pulldowns, chin-ups, incline presses, seated cable row etc.
ty anon
>>
File: 1474653287489.jpg (110KB, 674x874px) Image search: [Google]
1474653287489.jpg
110KB, 674x874px
>>39096229
God what the fuck do i do when i come to the gym for the 1st time?
Up until now i've been doing body weights exercises + diet. It helped me a lot, since the begining of the year i lost 18kg(about 40 pounds) but i know that i won't get ripped just from doing bodyweight. I want to go to gym and there is one near my Uni. The problem is, i know about diet and all but i don't fucking know what exercise should i do when i will get there. Should i just grab some free weights? How many reps should i do?
>>
>>39099090
watch a video from infinite elgintensity until he says 'zero'

>>39099097
until the pain goes away, don't do anything stupid:
>stalking her
>beg her to come back
>change your status to 'I will survive' or shit like that
>drink
>skip work/gym
>isolating from friends/family
just suffer.

>>39099106
Get 1cm insoles to comensate
read the sticky. Also, go for high quality protein
Never had them. Don't eat too much fiber, it might also be tha cause
'ramping' is less intense than 'sets across' wich is less intense than 'to failure' and what when to use depends on your routine and level. I don't think pyramiding is necessary at all
>>
Lost 75 lbs two years ago. The first 3 weeks, yes you feel like dying.

Don't give up bro. After that it becomes easier.
>>
>>39099144
>>39099165
For the record I'm approximately 179 cm (5 ft 10.5") and 74-5 kg (162-4 lbs)
>>
>>39099173

Go look up a Strength Routine for beginners.

Stick to it for 4 months.
Then look up exercises that focus on the parts of your body you want to improve, or find a routine for building mass.

And go from there.
>>
>>39099165
preferably avoid squats or diddies, go for dumbbell lunges, calf raises etc. instead
you can do bench press just fine, as long as you dont overdo it.
>>
>>39099173
do my SS version:
AxBxAxxAxBxAxx

A
3x5 Bench/OHP alternating
3x5 Squat
3x5 ChinUps/LatPullDowns

B
2x5 Deadlift
3x5 OHP/Bench alternating
5x10 Curls

Or just read the sticky you stupid fucking faggot
>>
>>39099173
>read sticky
>look up youtube videos on form on different lifts
>do not fall for the SS meme
>look up this link -> https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/

i know deadlifts and squats are scary, you cant really replace deadlifts, but you can do side bends to work your core.
instead of squats do dumbbell lunges.

>most important of all
do not care what others think, chances are they are busy with their own program and remember, they also started at some point, they are probably proud that you are starting out as well.

u will make it
>>
>>39097012

Eventually
>>
I eat like 90% of my food when I wake up, and the rest 2-3 hours later. It's IF I guess but I do it because I love stuffing my face and it's a way to feel like I'm eating a lot without going over my TDEE.

But is this bad for me? In terms of digestion and stuff. I mean I end up looking really bloated and uncomfortable after because I've eaten a large amount of food. Lately my lower right side has been hurting and I'm worried I could cause myself some issues.

Tl;dr is eating all my food at once bad for me?
>>
>>39099241
not at all, dont worry about it anon, as long as its not at night or just before bed as that could cause trouble sleeping and would make you more susceptible to storing fat
>>
>>39096229
how do I strengthen my muscle mind connection with my lats?
no matter what I do whether it's lat pulldowns, pullups or rows I can't seem to feel my lat
they're lagging behind so much as I always balance it out by using my shoulders
>>
Right forearm feels numb for some reason not really sure why and it 'feels' weak but gripping strength still seems to be normal, thought that it might be carpal tunnel but I'm not really sure since the numbness sort of radiates from closer to the elbow rather than the wrist. Anyone had some sort of experience with this sort of thing?
>>
>>39099035
>>39099066
>>39099067
Is there such a thing as a keto bulk?
I know keto is a meme but if you were to enter ketosis and bulk would it work for building muscle and burning fat??

Just curious
>>
>>39099252
Watch rich piana training back. He always talks about 'feeling a good stretch' on this and that muscle to isolate them
But I feel bad for not telling you to do something SS/TM like instead of a split even though you don't want to hear it
>>
>>39099144
I heard lifting can't stunt your growth, it was proven pretty recently, but whatever.
>>
>>39099282
this guy>>39099067
i do not know anything of keto
>>
>>39099282
>I know keto is a meme
I can't understand how you don't see that you answered your own question
>>
>>39099293
never heard that, u might be right
>>
>>39099289
I focus mostly on compounds and am not on a split whatsoever
But as I still want the aesthetics I even out with some accessory exercises
thanks anon I'll check out the piano man
>>
>>39098838
>Holy fuck is /soc/ full of some thirsty niggers. Absolutely embarrassing.

That is just how normal men treat all even remotely attractive women. Anyone who says that women have it harder in life is either dumb or crazy.
>>
>>39099376
I love how the internet, exspecially 4chan makes it possible to say what you think
Too bad social media goes all safespace now
>>
>>39099299
It's a meme as in its silly and hard to stick to, doesn't mean ketosis isn't a thing.

So that being said, could you bulk on a keto diet (no carbs)? It would essentially leave you eating only fat (which you are using for energy through ketosis) and protein to keep your gainz.

Fairly simple question, not that I would attempt it, but theoretically it seems sound.
>>
Is green tea a meme?
>>
>>39099437
yes, you'll get dark teeth from it and any kind of caffeine fucks with your sleep
>>
>>39099445
Well fuck
>>
>>39096229
Take multivitamins and only drink water.

Problem solved
>>
Whens the best time to do shoulder prehab? Rest days? After training?
>>
What do you n***iggas think about replacing squats in SS with front squats? Can't do proper back squats due to a back injury but front squats are all right.
>>
File: doctor.jpg (243KB, 610x883px) Image search: [Google]
doctor.jpg
243KB, 610x883px
>>39096229
Balance it out by taking more pep pills. The more tired you feel the more pills you should take. You could also try heroin if not already done so. Perhaps mix with the pills.
>>
I have really bad anxiety and i have a lot of job interviews coming up which the thought of is killing me. I heard meditation helps, how do I start and does it really work or is it just some woowoo hippy stuff? I downloaded Headspace but I want something I can use fully without paying.
>>
Does anyone here have any experience coaching sports? I'm thinking of taking a coaching course for my basketball club and becoming an (assistant) coach, since I want to stay involved even though I can't play (shin splints).
Is it any fun? Can it be combined with uni/work? Is it difficult?
Any other thoughts, advice, or experiences?
>>
>>39099089
go for it anon, get those disc herniation gains
>>
>>39096229
I have to lose 50 lbs, that means 1 year cut, does that mean i have to wait a year before I can start putting on muscle?
>>
>>39099532
>n***iggas
pls go
do more deadlifts to compensate. if you can't because of your injury, maybe do leg curls

>>39099538
not a fan of meditation
if your country has a working health care system accept that you need help and go talk to a doctor
if not, practising in front of mirror or camera helps a lot

>>39099557
>>39099066
>>
>>39099519
Bump
>>
>>39099538
meditation is good, i'm anti-astrology, alt med, healing, all that retarded shit but even i had to admit there is something to meditation. here are the things that helped me.

1. thinking of it like exercise. The first time you lay down and close your eyes and try to think of nothing, you're not going to be very successful, thoughts are going to rush back in within 2 seconds. But you just keep doing it. When you recognise that you're thinking, empty your mind again and think of nothing. Keep doing this with dedicated practice and you will get a lot better at it, same as anything else. The time between thinking "shit, I'm thinking again, ok back to breath" becomes longer and longer, 5 seconds instead of 2, then 10, then longer... Haven't gotten past this stage myself though.

2. ways of doing it: you can focus on your breath - when thoughts enter your mind, come back to the breath. Or you can trace the outline of every part of your whole body, this one works well for me. Continuing on that one, you can imagine the outline of your body,, feel the air surrounding your body, then imagine an eraser erasing the outline of your body to make the boundary between you and the rest of the universe disappear. om.

I had good success with the last method. Once at the moment of erasing my whole body outline I felt very warm, saw golden sparks, and felt basically a full body orgasm. Like a trip without the drugs. I highly recommend.
>>
>>39099660
Thanks anon, I'm going to try your method :)
>>
File: JLAS4Wp.jpg (58KB, 461x639px) Image search: [Google]
JLAS4Wp.jpg
58KB, 461x639px
>>39099682
pic related
>>
>>39099538
Either doctor or drink something before you go BUT brush your teeth and take something to improve your breath so the people don't notice. Meditation is a fucking meme.
>>
File: meditation1.jpg (261KB, 514x3500px) Image search: [Google]
meditation1.jpg
261KB, 514x3500px
>>39099682
pic also related
>>
>>39099682
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqoxYKtEWEc
video also related

Video brings up a good point too. Meditation is about mental strength. It helps you to let go of things that aren't important leaving you more able to focus on the things that are. It brings mental clarity. And when you get good, the ability to take time out of a stressful situation where your thoughts are going nuts, just clear your mind and think of nothing for a few moments, then come back with a clear head, is absolutely invaluable. Good luck anon
>>
>>39097391

help pls
>>
>>39099705
It's a technical interview for a web dev job so I need to be able to concentrate, otherwise I would drink.
>>
>>39099701
>>39099711
>>39099773
Thanks again anon!

It's kinda cool, I was listening to a Headspace clip yesterday and it was like 10 minutes of counting breaths and pushing thoughts aside, then a minute of letting the brain do what it wants to do (so think freely if it wants), and strangely no thoughts came to mind.
>>
Is Gon-mode possible natty?
Started lifting only recently (2 months)
5'8" 130lbs
>>
>>39099798
It looks fine, but personally I prefer really high reps for the neck, like 4x25
Also when you get a bit stronger you should start doing bridge-ups for reps, basically just lifting yourself into a neckbridge using only your neck
>>
>>39100094

sweet. cheers man
>>
>>39100116
No problem, neck training is really underrated imo
>>
non fit related but fit gives good advice

Its my birthday tomorrow and Im a bit conflicted on whether to deactivate my facebook or not. On one hand the bday messages would be nice and I know my gf would post something really sweet, on the other hand it stresses me because I'll be worried if not many people wish me happy birthday on fb and it will make me look like a loser (I have friends I just don't see them a whole lot anymore so no idea if they will wish me a happy bday). What would be the better option? If I deactivate my fb for the day I wont stress about any of that but I may feel a bit bummed out missing out on potential happy birthdays
>>
Why does /fit/ tend to quote ncbi? Is it because it's a good source, or what?
>>
>>39096229
I just started lifting and I am doing /fit/'s Greyskull LP but I mainly want to gain size. Should I switch to PPL or just stick with greyskull for some time?
>>
>>39100174
Turn off your birthday and no one will even notice. I don't remember how, just google it.
>>
How do I make my nipples not so big and puffy? Pecks are shaping up nicely but in a lot of shirts my nips look fucking awful.
>>
>>39100330
Push it in with a finger and gently do circle movements. This will relax you nipple into the rest of your flesh. Or buy nipple hiding pads.
>>
>>39100364
Will that movement gradually decrease their size over time?
>>
>>39100378
No. It will make it go away temporarily.
>>
I used to frequent /fit/ and finally made it a over a year ago, but I became ill the past year and lost all my gains along with gaining some weight.

Should I cut and do cardio first or get back into weight lifting? I lost all my strength and can barely do body weight exercises.
>>
Hbdhdhsjab
>>
Sometimes when I have a fit of rage I beat myself. Mostly chest, head, stomach and thighs. I don't care about the head, but regarding the rest, how damaging is this? Could this make me lose muslces if I hit too hard? What should I hit instead?
>>
If I stop making linear progress while cutting should I still switch to an intermediate program even if lifts are sad? I'm fat so can't stop cutting yet. What do?
>>
So I was looking at a bottle of chocolate millk, and it had something like 8g of protein for 120 calories, which was not bad. 2400 calories would get me 160g of protein.

Could I change my diet entirely to chocolate milk, plus celery for fibre, and multivitamins, without having adverse effects?
>>
can japanese people lift?
what happens if youre mid squat set and earthquake hits?
>>
I've started lifting, did it for 6 months but paid zero attention to my diet. Turns out I mostly ate on a calorie surplus and maintenance.

Now I've decided to cut (6,1", 191lbs, 19% body fat), want to get rid of my bitch tits and wide hips before I'll bulk seriously.. And I'd like to know the following:

- Anyone has any guesses on how long it would take for my bitch tits to vanish, given my stats? My TDEE is 2600 calories and I'm eating around 2.100-2.200 calores.
- I'm following GSLP Phraks routine, with one added accessory with low volume (2 sets of 6 to 8 reps). Is this a good routine for a cut?
- Somehow, even on a cut, I'm managing to progress on my rows, ohp, deadlifts and squats (bench pressing is stuck tho). Is this normal? Because I've read that during a cut my progress would most likely stall.

Sorry for all those questions, the sticky doesn't say much about cutting and google only gives me cookie cutter advice.
>>
>>39100829

you go into steinborn squat mode.
>>
so instead of doing legs day, i'm planning on cycling on an exercise bike.
is that viable at all, or am i just going to lose upper body gains as well?
>>
>>39096885
kek
>>
>>39100829
their gyms are built on giant springs, so you won't even notice
>>
>>39096229

I like the blue dress on her.
>>
File: 1474001923732.jpg (60KB, 527x681px) Image search: [Google]
1474001923732.jpg
60KB, 527x681px
I've lost weight over the last couple of months, 235lbs down to 218, I have not really been tracking my calories, just eating when I'm hungry and healthy.

I'm about to start goning to the gym to lift weights and stuff with a friend from work, what equipment do you suggest getting? I have a solid water bottle, what kind of clothes, shoes, anything else?
>>
>>39101471
you don't need anything bro

good shoes = flat sole, not raised sole. i wear merrells
>>
>>39101513
Clothes, though, tight, or baggy or loose fitting? And does Merrell mind you're wearing her shoes?
>>
Has eating clean made your bowel movements more regular? Now that I eat lots of fruit, berries, grounded hemp, muesli and high fiber rye bread etc. I've been shitting up to 6 times a day, solid shits too. I'm not mad per se but sometimes it's more of a curse than a gift to eat clean because your ass is sore. I need to use the bidet shower in toilet now, because toilet paper feels like sandpaper 'cause I'm shitting so much.
>>
Is fasted cardio bullshit, or is it really more effective for fat loss?
>>
>>39101541
it doesn't matter dude whatever's comfortable

>>39101565
that's the ground hemp bro...
>>
>>39096229
Day 1? yes. Day 14? not unless you eating dirty af
>>
>>39101565
I went from shitting once a day or two to twice a day, one in the morning and once in the afternoon.

I also frequently snap the key off in the lock, which is very time consuming.
>>
>>39101585
it uses more fat proportionally because you don't have glycogen

but you also don't feel great and can't go as hard

and it upregulates your fat storage the next time you eat lipids

the benefit is marginal

cardio 3-5x/week is good for sure, even if it's only 50-60% VO2max for 30 mins
>>
File: Untitled12.png (33KB, 1990x847px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled12.png
33KB, 1990x847px
tfw this is what my body weight has been like since I started measuring daily and keeping a record, just before christmas 2015

I just wish I could control my hunger better.
>>
>>39101634
tfw I accidentally posted before asking the question.

How do I stop getting mad hunger pains when trying to cut? I've been on an EC stack (24mg eph hcl, 200mg caffiene, 3xday) for the past one and a half months, and it's done nothing.
>>
>>39101634
Fuck you

You excuse making piece of shit

You honestly don't deserve to look good
>>
File: 1469986472387.png (72KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1469986472387.png
72KB, 900x900px
>>39101588

Well the hemp is fiber rich, full of antioxidants, minerals and vitamins so I guess I'll just have to tolerate the shitting then, kek. Also it has over 30g/100g protein so it's basically godtier. Look up it's macros.
>>
Does the negative portion of a lift really put the most stress on your body for strength/size? Mr. Yates says the negative is the most neglected but also important part of lifts. Roids or truth?
>>
>>39101652
psyllium husk/guar gum/apple pectin mix

satiating af

a lot of hunger is signalling from your microbiome

feed them with fiber and they will be happy and produce butyrate and vitamins for you

>>39101701
ye it's pretty nutritious in terms of micros but the protein is not very anabolic, amino acid content and digestibility matter
>>
What is:

>1pl8
>ohp
>natty
>making it

Thanks in advance
>>
>>39101738
the negative/eccentric causes more muscle damage than the concentric or isometric. but, you're only as big and strong as the recoveries you make, and the more damage you incur the more you have to rest, so only doing negatives all the time wouldn't give you the best volume. tl;dr control the weight on the way down, your tempo should be twice as long time-wise as the way up (explosive concentric = more growth)
>>
File: staringfemalefancy2.jpg (645KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
staringfemalefancy2.jpg
645KB, 1000x667px
>>39097837
help
>>
>>39101815
>135 pounds
>a superior push type exercise to the inferior bench press
>non artificially flavored JIF peanut butter
>not only splooging your dink into a cherry pie but making sure your sons and daughters have ample pie splooging as well
>>
>>39101831
if you're gaining weight something is deffo wrong

might have a sleep issue, apnea or something
>>
>>39096229
I need help guys. My dick is fucked up. I can't get it up anymore in bed. What gets me diamonds tho is sexting with random sloots, hunting nudes. But I love sex. Wtf is wrong with me?
>>
>>39101798

Yeah I don't rely solely on dat dere marijoona proteen. It's mostly just a supplement to keep me healthy, I get proteins mostly from other sources, meats and so forth. I just like the fibers and fullness it gives me.
>>
Does clean or crossed arms matter for front squat? I find the way my arms are, I can't really put them in the clean position but I still want to incorporate them in my workout.

Also, on a related note, is there a recommended frequency to do them, like not on days I normally squat but on Deadlift days?
>>
in greyskull does it mean ohp when it says press?
>>
>>39096584
Read the fucking sticky
>>
Chest & tris

Back & bis

Shoulders & ???
>>
>>39102054
Knees & Toes.
>>
File: 550.jpg (28KB, 280x342px) Image search: [Google]
550.jpg
28KB, 280x342px
How the fuck am I supposed to calculate an accurate TDEE using vague shit like "Light Exercise" and "Moderate Exercise"???
>>
>>39096232
-big p
>>
When should I start putting that shit inside my ass while I do strong squats to not get hemorrhoids?
>>
How do I keep protein powder secret from my mom? She's really against it but I'm sick of being a stick figure.
>>
I can overhead press 155 but I cant push press more than 175. What the fuck is going on?

Squats are fine, my legs arent that weak
>>
What's the milk that won't give me gyno? Almond milk or soy?
>>
>>39102330
Just ask your mom to cook proper food for you instead of relying on powder. Tell her you appreciate her cooking so she keeps doing it.
>>
>>39102349
All milk will get you gyno to a certain degree, but soy is by far the worst
>>
File: 1474834204085.gif (405KB, 359x371px) Image search: [Google]
1474834204085.gif
405KB, 359x371px
>>39102349
definitely soy
>>
>>39102371
Nah. She does cook really well, but it's not /fit/ food. Besides I want to join the cool guys of /fit/ and using powder is part of that. I don't want to buy creatine yet because I want to get comfortable with powder first.
>>
File: IMG-20161015-WA0006.jpg (37KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20161015-WA0006.jpg
37KB, 600x600px
I fucked up my shoulder.

What exercises do I do, what exercises do I ditch? What should my routine look like now?
Was doing greyskull before.

Every dag leg day?
>>
File: 280.jpg (28KB, 270x267px) Image search: [Google]
280.jpg
28KB, 270x267px
>>39102081
Please help
>>
>>39102414
Autism
>>
>>39102526
buzzword. What's the issue exactly?
>>
>>39102548
>I want to join the cool guys of /fit/ and using powder is part of that.
Getting gains on normal food is cooler imo
>>
>>39096229
Can OHP, dead lifts, and bench presses be efficiency replicated with free weights or is the bar mandatory?
>>
>>39102565
I care more about the results and if powder is my only way then that's what it's gonna be.
>>
>>39102603
But powder is just a replacement of food. It is meant for people who dont have enough time to cook
>>
>>39102635
What are you talking about? It's to get that protein quick and fast and easily into your body as close to workout and possibly. Pre and post. Otherwise you won't get the proper growth.

I don't even care if it fuck up my liver or kidney or whatever. If I can live in a body I like I'm okay with dying at 40 and have a good life until that.
>>
>>39102383
That fucking sucks is there any milk replacer? Oats with water taste like shit
>>
>>39102683
Christ, your stupid
>>
>>39102683
>It's to get that protein quick and fast and easily into your body

.... because you didn't have time to cook
>>
I'm starting Stronglifts and I'm subbing out Barbell Rows for Pullups , what exercises should I add in to compensate for any areas that pullups don't hit that Barbell rows do?
>>
Is beef protein good though?
>>
File: 1465220900980.webm (829KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1465220900980.webm
829KB, 400x400px
Can someone Deadlift 3pl8 with a sub 2pl8 Squat?
I am struggling Deadlifting 122.5kg x5 (stayed on 120 for 2 workouts, same for this, first time did 4 reps) IF my squat is just 92.5kg?
>>
>>39102742
Facepulls are always a good idea for the rear delt work. You could just do some DB rows too
>>
>>39102742
facepull are great for shoulder health but you cant load to much with those.
if you wanna get some upper back work one arm dumbbel rows are great, seated rows are good too
>>
>>39102746
Depends on how you squat and how balanced your muscles are. I'm still a n00b, but there's a significant difference between how much I can squat ass-to-grass v. using a bench to gauge depth.
>>
>>39102746
That looks like a dude
>>
>>39102081
How often do you work out? What do you do for a living/during the day?
>>
File: front - Copy.jpg (136KB, 1136x852px) Image search: [Google]
front - Copy.jpg
136KB, 1136x852px
6ft 2" (1.88m) Male, 202lbs (91kg)

Not sure what my bodyfat is but my goal cut weight is 180lbs, then I want to add onto any muscle that is left.

I lift weights 4 times a week, targetting every upperbody area (Tuesday - Friday inclusive usually) and I cycle to and from college and walk every where else. Decent cardio.

Will 180lbs have me at a low bodyfat % / "lean" frame to build muscle on to or is it too low or high?
>>
>>39102915
I go below parallel but not ATG because of flexibility problems
>>
>>39102567
Yes, dumbbell press are better for bigger specs but the bar is better for ohp and diddy
>>
File: NxBVunA.jpg (30KB, 633x584px) Image search: [Google]
NxBVunA.jpg
30KB, 633x584px
How do I stop sucking at swimming? My arms are my weakest part aside from my general cardio ability, and it causes me to only be able to do 2-3 lengths at a time (4 if I change to backstroke) before needing to rest.
>>
>>39102768
>>39102805

Thanks for the suggestions on facepulls, watched the Omar Isuf video on them and I'll probably do squats(5*5)->bench(5*5)->pullups(5*5 with assisted and then to failure when I can do them unassisted)->facepulls(3*10)->lying down tricep extensions (with dumbells) (3*8). Is this too many exercises for a beginner workout with SLs?

If I can't find the cables for facepulls (they look pretty specialised in the video) should I do DB rows instead?
>>
>>39103014
If you're a complete beginner to BB training I would spend some time just working with the barbells and getting the movements down. dont worry about wasting time, if you dont get form down first you will lose time later with injuries and stalls.
get the weight really low with facepulls, any gym should have the cables machine.
since you cant really load up on facepulls I would also do the DB rows to do the upper back work you dont get with pullups
>>
Hi /fit. So i read the sticky and have been doing SS for 2 months and since im at a deficit of 800cals/day my lifts have stalled early. I weigh 80kgs at 5'10 and my ideal weight is 70 kg. So i had a few questions
1) If I'm doing fat loss and cutting, should I do another program since SS on a cut won't give me the optimal strength gain?
2)If yes, which other routine should I do?
Main priorities are fat loss, getting abs.
I am thinking I should focus on strength after im done with fat loss and then religiously bulk and get optimal strength gains. Thoughts?
>>
>>39103147

Thanks, I was considering spending the first fortnight with the SL lifts just using the bar to get used to the exercise and maybe asking the gym staff to coach me on form if they would

Thanks for the suggestion on DB rows, but is then would I have too much on one workout? Would it be better to transfer facepulls onto the squat/OHP/DL day?

So my workouts would become:

Squat/bench/pullups/dumbell rows//facepulls/ lying tricep extension

Squat/OHP/DLs/Bicep curls (or maybe Zottman curls, not sure which would be better)

Feels like too many exercises on the first one, especially with pullups and then dumbell rows.

Would this second setup be better?

Squat/bench/pullups/dumbell rows// lying tricep extension

Squat/OHP/DLs/facepulls/Bicep curls (or maybe Zottman curls, not sure which would be better)
>>
>>39103272
forgot to say, for the first times just do the program and see how it is, you should be too tired to do extra stuff at first
>>
>>39103359

When I bend over at a perpendicular angle my back hurts so I was thinking about subbing out bent over rows because of that
>>
>>39103372

Actually ignore that, I just tried bending over with a straight back and it was ok, maybe the pain was only a temporary thing, ignore me in this case.

In that case would it help me or hinder me to add 3*8-10 of lying tricep extensions on the bench day and the same amount of bicep curls or Zottman curls on the DL day at the end of the workout ?
>>
Greek yogurt or cottage cheese for price to protons? Which one is more versatile for cooking with chicken and rice?
>>
Can ottermode be reached purely with cardio? If starting from skinny fat. Eg pure swimming only and a diet where calories are tracked
>>
what macros does dick cheese have?
Just had some.
Delicious.
>>
>>39103517
Per 100g

12g protein
Trace carbs
8g fat
>>
I've struggled for a couple of weeks to stick to a routine due to some non-reasons...

>Evening classes so can only fit in gym from 6.30-7.30am before work
>Live at home still so get complaints from tired parents about my alarm waking them too early, so no alarm allowed without psychotic arguments
>Had lots of extra work piled on me at work so more tired than usual
>Colder and darker so I fail to rise before the sun

And so I pretty much relapsed due to tiredness. I've taken some positive steps by cutting out fap and going to sleep earlier, and I plan to move out in the new year so I'll actually be able to force myself out of bed with some alarms and shit, but in the meantime, any advice on natural ways to wake up? Other than 'don't be a bitch'...
>>
>>39097139
TDEE is not stable. These last two months or so I've been increasing my calories in 100kcal increments and gone up to 300kcal more than before and my weight has maintained the same throughout. Obviously this means I'm using more energy. I changed my training during this too which would explain the increase in expenditure. But the change is not predictable. I figure the same can happen when decreasing calories.

Energy expenditure estimates from formulas are almost entirely useless. The value given can easily be wrong by as much as 500kcal. There's too many variables that go into energy usage to be estimated based on just a few things like your weight, BF%, age. Training is the thing that varies the most between people and its contribution to your energy usage is large. That's why you won't find a working universal formula for estimating TDEE anywhere.

The most accurate tools you have to achieve calorie deficit/surplus/maintenance are measuring calorie intake and monitoring weight.
>>
>>39103478
No. Cardio doesn't build muscle.
>>
>>39103265
H-help
>>
>>39098080
Just had this, petty sure i still have it a little bit. DO NOT go in the gymuntil you are certain there is no more inflammation. I went in yesterday and im still not ready ;_;
>>
File: A certain feel.jpg (604KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
A certain feel.jpg
604KB, 2000x1333px
>>39096229
Would a cut on a maintenance work? Eat maintenance on rest days and workout days. Surely the expelled calories from working out would put me on a deficit. As long as I keep my protein intake in check and keep my fats at bay + getting 8hours of sleep then I should be able to keep my strength right?

Also yes I know itll be really slow
>>
i have some questions:

1: Greyskull tells me to do Rows. which ones should i do ? ( back 45° or 90° deg to terrain? narrow or wide grip? wide elbows or close to body? straight or reverse grip?aiming at bellybutton or sternum?)

i do it on the same day of bench press and deadlift if it matters

2:i had 70 minutes of cardio, with a decently high bmp( yeah i am trying to also lose fat). it gave me a moderate migraine and made me tired for the entire day.Is it caused by mineral salts and vitamins depletion? what kind of stuff should i be eating to reduce this effect and when?

3: how much less effective is fat reducing cardio if i fall short of my target bmp by around 10 beats?given my crappy equipment and energy levels i can't easily reach it.
>>
What should my macro percentages be for weight loss? I know I need 0.8g of protein per pound of bodyweight, but what about carbs and fat?
>>
>>39103858
>Surely the expelled calories from working out would put me on a deficit.
>at maintenance
you severely overestimate the amount of calories you burn working out. It wouldn't just be slow, it'd be a fucking crawl for at-least a year to lose the 10 or 15 lbs.
>>
what do you guys think of this machine?
>>
>>39103922
bretty good.I started doing it recently but i can feel it in my abs a lot
>>
>>39103916
I just want to keep my strength. Ill guess Ill just -300.
>>
For the next few weeks (or maybe longer) the only way I'll be able to hit the gym 3 times/week is going tuesday-wednesday-thursday. Is one day break enough for muscles to recover (e.g doing bench tue-thur)? What do?
>>
>>39103922
meme-tier
>>
I want to start going to the gym and making some strength and size progress but can't do squats or deadlifts at the moment due to issues with my quads. Pretty much every routine I've seen uses these exercises, are there any that don't?
>>
>>39103973
You can keep your strength, or you can lose weight. You can't do both.

Going on a cut for 3 months is a lot less painful than eating slightly less for a year for basically no visible results.
>>
I think I pulled my oblique on the right side during a spat of coughing. Will I be ok to lift on Tuesday?
>>
>>39104009
or you can do high volume workouts and be aesthetic as fuck but a weak lil bitch
>>
>>39101541
It doesn't really matter what you wear. I just wear a t-shirt, semi-loose pants and flat sports shoes.
I bring a towel, waterbottle and a padlock.
>>
>>39103940
I don't feel shit.
>>
>>39103977
maybe just do a 3 way split (back, bis - chest, tris - legs, shoulders)
i mean, it's only 3 weeks

there's zero chance i would be able to bench twice in 3 days
>>
File: the most beautiful woman.gif (1MB, 191x282px) Image search: [Google]
the most beautiful woman.gif
1MB, 191x282px
>>39103896
plz
>>
File: ketogenic-diet.jpg (89KB, 623x415px) Image search: [Google]
ketogenic-diet.jpg
89KB, 623x415px
Redpill me on the keto diet. I know there have been a lot of threads and questions on this topic, but I've never been interested enough to read any of them. For some reason now I'm thinking about giving it a try
>>
When I sit up to get out of bed, I get a tightness in my chest. While I reckon my boobs are the problem (they are stupidly big for someone my size), what can I do to stop that from happening?
>>
I posted here and a few threads before, and basically I can't do squats, DL or bent over rows due to issues with my quads

Would this be a good workout to do in the meantime?
Bench
Seated Cable row
Facepulls - low weight
Lying Tricep extensions

B

OHP
Assisted pullups
Calf raises
Bicep curls

AxBxAxxBxAxBxx

I can't really hit quads due to the issues I am having with them. Should I add/subtract any exercises from this?
>>
>>39102691
Almond, Rice, Coconut, Soy. Really soy isn't that bad for you. I mean the millions of asians who consume soy must all have cancer.
>>
>>39104348
I'll have to see them with a timestamp to diagnose the problem
>>
Do the exercises on okaydick work or are just memes? I need a serious answers
>>
>>39104353
i think youre better off killing yourself
>>
>>39104353
you could probably add a bit more stuff since squats and deadlifts really take a lot of energy.

A

Assisted pullups
Bench
Seated Cable row
Shrugs heavy
Lying Tricep extensions
planks

B

OHP
Assisted pullups
Calf raises
Facepulls - low weight
Bicep curls
glute ham raise
planks
>>
>>39103922
I like it more than crunches but less than planks
>>
>>39103881
1. get as close as possible to 90 degrees while keeping a straight back and tight core.
if you can only get to 45 degrees, so be it.
bench-width grip or slightly narrower.
pronated grip, not supinated.
forearms perpendicular to the floor and bar in line with wrists and elbows, which together with the grip width, would determine the place where the bar would touch your body (if you're built for that kind of range of motion).
only go as far back as your mobility/body allows you to.
don't force to overstretch your shoulders, get the necessary range of motion out of shoulderblade movement.
watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4ooY1N05Ig

2. if you're trying to lose fat, try LISS instead of higher intensity cardio.
most importantly, just eat less.

3. your body can only burn fat at a specific rate, which is quite low, and can be achieved by merely walking.
any type of cardio that's more intense will just burn the calories from the food you've taken in.
just eat less.

>>39103922
(weighted) planks, leg raises, etc, are better options.

>>39104353
what kind of issues?
>>
>>39104263
people call it a "meme", but ketosis is a real thing that happens in your body. What 'redpill' is there?
>>
File: sunny.jpg (128KB, 1280x534px) Image search: [Google]
sunny.jpg
128KB, 1280x534px
what do you guys do on your non-lifting days?
>>
>>39104263
Whatever, don't bother to answer. I was scrolling through the catalog and just saw there's a thread on this already
>>
>>39096229
tfw when my gf slims down that's gonna be how all her clothes fit her tits. Getting fit together. Feelsgoodman.
>>
>>39104564
Box
>>
>>39104564
think about lifting.
>>
>>39104564
Reading, music, hiking. You have to develop an interest and spend effort on other hobbies aswell, just like lifting. So you just have to find something you might like and spend time on it. Interests and hobbies just dont come naturally without any effort, in the same way as your first weeks of lifting were awkward, hard, and not especially rewarding. But keep at it with an open mind, and learn as you go, and everything can become a rewardig way to spend your free time.
>>
>>39104408
that looks like a dumpy site.
i read my info at thundersplace and the deals sounds legit ( i am still doing exercises so i can't say anything about my results).

thundersplace has user gathered data about length gained ( it's more or less 1 inch, depends on subject and routine).
It also clearly tells you there are big risks into play: if you do exercises too vigorously you might injure your dick for some days( but there are zero gains if you do them too lightly). permanent injuries are possible but more likely require you to fuck up something, for example avoid warming up, do an exercise when you are too much in erection, not increasing strength gradually, ignoring warning signs from your meat, etc...

so be carefuly.

unfortunately thundersplace also tells you that it seems like a very small share of people exist( 1 several hundreds or thousand) that have an undetectable genetic problem in a vein valve that can be disastrously damaged by PE exercises, even if correctly performed, making erection of some part of the penis impossible.
it scares everyone but it's not well understood because there seems to be very very few cases of it happening. I haven't read any news on that but the onyl way to fix it might be a southkorean surgery.

TL;DR i've read and seen enouh to say that yes they should work, with moderate gains promised, but haven't yet had the time to do it myself. there are clearly risks if you do exercises wrong and there might a very very small chance it brick your penis permanently even if you do it correctly.
do your research on a site with more users than items selling on their shop.
>>
Routine for Mon, Tue, Wed and Fri?
Only days I can make the gym to fit in around sports, lectures, work etc. was thinking upper, lower, upper, full body
Too much volume? Push/pull/legs/full body better?
>>
Is this enough for a girl that just wants that booty to be a bit more developed and doesn't want overdeveloped legs?
or is there too many exercises/glute exercises ?
should I also switch some from A to B or vice-versa?
need some help, thanks in advance.

AxBxAxxBxAxBxx....

A
Bench Press 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
RDL 3x10(not usre if I should take it out or not)
Curls 3x8
Barbell Glute Bridges 4x8-12
Bad girl machine 4x8
Cable Donkey Kick 3x8

B
Squat 3x5
OHP 3x5
BB bent over row 3x8
Lat Pulldown 3x8
BB Hip Thrust 4x8-12
Back Extensions 3x8
>>
>>39096389
Are you baiting?
>>
>>39097303
How about stop being a bitch.
>>
>>39100174
delete your facebook, facebook is shit and it serves no other purpose than social one-upping and "friends" you really don't like to annoy you
>>
>>39104436
Thanks, that seems pretty good, I've tried combining yours with a few extra exercises:

A
Flat Barbell Bench 5x5
OHP 5x5
Lying tricep extension 3*8-10
Facepulls 3*8
Incline dumbbell bench 3x8-10
Dumbell shrugs 3*10

B

Lat pulldown 3x8-12
Assisted pullups
Bicep curls 3x8-12
Calf raises 3x8-12
Seated cable pulls 3*10
Forearm curls 3*10

And then do planks as core on days off - how does that sound?

>>39104479

"tight quads". Causes extreme discomfort when doing any kind of squatting motion, also causes discomfort when walking for >5 minutes
>>
>>39104564
magic rituals
>>
>>39104815
Not bait.

Is it too low?
>>
What do I tell my psych/doctor to get him to prescribe me adderall?
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.