[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hand Wrap Advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: wraps.jpg (44KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
wraps.jpg
44KB, 500x500px
I need to find a good pair of wraps to use when training on the heavy bag. Any suggestions?
>>
>>39095658
Google.com
>>
>>39095658
I like the pro impact mexican handwraps, they're thicker than the shitty ringside or everlast ones
>>
>>39095658
Buy any 180 inch wraps, not the shorter ones. You might be tempted because they're like half the price, but it's super hard to get a good wrap out of 108 and I prefer 180 because of how much I can get my wrist along with a full hand wrap. Feels really good and doesn't unravel in the middle of a sesh. Brand doesn't matter tbqh
>>
>>39095744
Well, basically this. Not much else to say when you're choosing wraps. Choose a cute color :3
>>
>Mfw I use mine 3x before washing them

Better questions: How do I avoid blisters while boxing?
>>
Gangsta wraps are great, except that they say "GANGSTA" on them. They're thick/sturdy. Love benching and squatting with them on.
>>
>>39095899
>I use mine 3x before washing them

Gross fampai.

>How do I avoid blisters while boxing?

Where on your hand are the blisters? You really shouldn't be getting those.
>>
>>39095658
Unless you are actually a serious fighter just get the long Everlast ones. If you seriously train then buy Cleto Reyes brand.
>>
>>39095658
Mexican handwraps 180" to fully wrap hands and wrists.
Plus I recommend.
Getting two sets to cycle them for cleanliness.
I got a small cheap mesh laundry bag at the local Dollar store to wash them in. Helps to keep them from knotting up in wash.
>>
can we turn this into a boxing general?
>>
>>39095927

No, blisters on feet, I think it's because I don't sit into my punchs and my feet have to move a lot more than they should to compensate, but fuck it idk lel
>>
>>39096237
man ive boxed for ages and have boxing shoes and stuff and sometimes i still get blisters on the balls of my feet, think it's just one of those things
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 299x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 299x400px
Winning VL-B hand wraps are nice - it's similar to gauze and super long. Reyes also makes an extra long wrap that is nice, but it's not stretchy.
>>
>>39095658
make sure its long and thick. and make sure the dye wont run off in the wash onto your other clothes. thats about it. otherwise if you fuck up your hand then its because you did a shitty job when wrapping.

>>39096237
>>39096261
its not the shoes its your footwork. it means that when you're on the balls of your feet you're still leaning towards one part of your feet more, meaning the pressure isnt evenly distributed. also means you arent using your ankles as much as you should be.

>>39097221
wraps shouldnt be stretchy.
the purpose of a wrap is such that it tightens when you clench your fist, making the overall structure stronger and decreases your risk of a metacarpal, carpal, or wrist fracture.
>>
>I got a small cheap mesh laundry bag at the local Dollar store to wash them in. Helps to keep them from knotting up in wash.
>>39096109

Game changer. I'm buying those laundry bags tomorrow! Thanks anon
>>
>>39095658
You don't need "good" handwraps. You need any kind of the ones that don't stretch. Literally buy the cheapest non-stretching wraps and you're ok.

Protip: wrapping technique is way, way more important than the wraps themselves.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.