[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I went from squatting 245 to 275 5x5 in one day, think I was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: sq-4.jpg (69KB, 378x456px) Image search: [Google]
sq-4.jpg
69KB, 378x456px
I went from squatting 245 to 275 5x5 in one day, think I was just being a pussy b4, but is it advisable to make such an immediate increase?
>>
>>39095400
no, go back and increase the weight progressively
>>
>>39095411
been doing 275 every other day this week, I mean it's supposed to feel heavy as fuck right? Feels manageable though and 245 seems easy now, though I wasn't lifting more than that for months cause I was scared about my form until some Olympic weight lifting gym bro confirmed my form was good
>>
>>39095400
is that thing wrapped around the bar preferred when doing squats?

I am not sure to be honest

If I don't use it the pressure from the bar gives me pain, if I use it, the bar sometimes slips and falls
>>
File: 1374521733215.jpg (258KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1374521733215.jpg
258KB, 1600x900px
>>39095473
It's called a pussy pad for a reason
>>
>>39095473
the pain will stop. wait till you start learning front squats hahaha
>>
>>39095473
You probably aren't holding the bar correctly if it's giving you pain, you want no more than half the weight on that sweet spot on the back and your hands should feel like you're pulling the bar in separate directions, which will force your arms, shoulders and pecs to bare a good amount of the weight
>>
>>39095473
I used to use it all the time but I suggest you get used to no padding asap. It is a lot better for you to not use the padding.
>>
You're probably shorting your ROM
>>
>>39095538
>It is a lot better for you to not use the padding.
How so?

Non-OP here. I use mine for my heavier sets because the pain sometimes throws off my form and because my vertebrae are sometimes sore afterward. It seems like that could be bad for my back.
>>
>>39095529
fuck off back to /plg/

squatting is meant to target LEGS not to fucking compete for the dyel competitions
>>
File: a_tyson_i.jpg (11KB, 195x262px) Image search: [Google]
a_tyson_i.jpg
11KB, 195x262px
>>39095869

This. Thank you.

>boom
>>
>>39095529
>squats
>arms, shoulders and pecs to bare a good amount of weight

Another example of why you should never take advice from /fit/
>>
Fuark , she can squat on MUH dick all day
>>
>>39096286
brace the weight I guess I should say, it's either that or it goes to your lower back. The same amount of weight gets squatted with your legs regardless obviously.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161016-000401.jpg (503KB, 1343x1578px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161016-000401.jpg
503KB, 1343x1578px
>>39095400
Why does her abdomen look like a manly face from gurren lagan
>>
>>39096706
skin coloured belt
>>
>>39096116
The bar needs to rest on your traps not your vertebrae. Keep that back tight cousin
>>
>>39096932
It does, but sometimes it squishes down my traps enough that it irritates the vertebrae. I'm 5'7.5" and 171 lbs with average body fat, so not a dyel, but I still don't have enough trap padding for a >200 lb bar.
>>
>>39097936

That's my problem, I went to the pussy pat. Fuck that. I want to get my squatz in.

I might take it off tho, see if my traps can manage once in awhile.
>>
>>39095400
>tfw I've never squatted more than 185 in my life and that was after lots of deloading and eating
Are you guys fat or not going deep enough? Squat has always been my worst lift though.
>>
>>39098124

Probably not getting deep enough. I was managing it for like 70% of my SL workout the other day.

I don't feel sturdy enough to be comfortable with ATG squats.

I think I'd have to deload like 60lbs to be comfortable with ATG squats. And that bothers the fuck out of me.

I'm hoping 2 sessions of partially correct squats will make the ends meet and I'll begin to do entirely correct squats if I mind my form enough and try to correct the slop in my squats overall.
>>
>>39098124
ya, I'm only comfortable doing ATG with like -50 of my 1r max. I won't increase weight if I'm not at least getting parallel tho
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.