[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>do 3 sets of heavy squats every 2 days >never feel anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: leg-press---wide-stance.jpg (123KB, 1256x800px) Image search: [Google]
leg-press---wide-stance.jpg
123KB, 1256x800px
>do 3 sets of heavy squats every 2 days
>never feel anything on my legs
>do leg press
>quads burn like never before
>>
>>39091478
Make it 5 sets of 10-12 reps
Also pause at the bottom
>>
File: 13020-24486.gif (54KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
13020-24486.gif
54KB, 320x240px
>>39091478

>fell for the squat meme
>>
>>39091478
I do Squats for general strength like Rippletits prescribes. But I never got a year size until I threw on high volume leg Press as an accessory. Leg Press is god teir for mass.
>>
>>39091478
>an isolation exercise hurts a muscle group more than a compound exercise
Color me retarded
>>
>>39092173
Then there's the guys that say
>HURR DURR you don't get posterior chain involvement with leg press which is why it's useless
..which is totally untrue. You put the backrest as far towards vertical as it will allow and place your feet as high on the platform as you can, and you'll get plenty of glute and hamstring involvement into every rep. Also I highly recommend using a 45 degree sled you load plates onto and not a machine like in OP's pic, not only can you load more weight onto it you get better control over which muscle groups you're working that way. Multiply the weight of the sled plus plates by 0.707 (sine of 45) to get what you're actually pushing.
>>
>>39091478
>>39092173
depending on your anthropometry back squats may not be very effective for your quads at all

if you only want size you'd be better off squatting first and then hitting your legs with some leg presses (and maybe leg extensions if your knees can handle it, but these are optional)
>>
>>39092222
Quads of truth
>>
>>39092832
>Quads of truth
Heh, didn't even notice that!
>>
The problem is that you reach max weight pretty fast with them. At my gym the highest amount is 505 lbs. After I squatting for real, this amount on the press is only enough for warming up.
>>
>>39093074
Do them with one leg
>>
>>39092196
The leg press is a compound exercise, just like the squat.

>Color me retarded
Well...
>>
>>39092222
>and you'll get plenty of glute
sure

>and hamstring involvement
nah
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.