[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does running with dumbbells actually do anything?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: woman-running-with-dumbbells[1].jpg (60KB, 640x394px) Image search: [Google]
woman-running-with-dumbbells[1].jpg
60KB, 640x394px
Does running with dumbbells actually do anything?
>>
>>39091034
It makes people look retarded, there's that.
>>
Why would you wanna do that?
>>
>>39091065
I see people do it, and they look retarded.
So i'm asking.
>>
>>39091034
It can help you practice good running form. Some people lift up their shoulders too much or move their arms like they're sprinting.
>>
It does help the shoulders, but the cons far outweigh it. I had to tell my mom to stop before she hurt her shoulders from it. She thought it would be a good idea. I just showed her proper running form and how to do intervals and tempo runs to burn the same amount.

About the only people who should be running with weights are fireman and military.
>>
>>39091034
I can't tell if you're serious. It's like running with a weighted fucking backpack -- it increases the weight.

Not that running for 30 minutes with 5-10 extra lbs is really going to burn anything significant.

It's like benching in the Smith machine. People do it, and have their reasons, but their reasons aren't good.
>>
>>39091034
Yeah, it fucks up your joints
>>
>>39091034
Not really. Just like some people think ankle weights while running will make you faster. Nope! It will strain the hell out of your calves.
>>
>>39092904
>Just like some people think ankle weights while running will make you faster

How has anyone come to that conclusion?
>>
>>39092917
DBZ or Naruto
>>
>>39091107
I see retards running around drooling and making noises like cars
Does it actually do anything?
Im just asking
>>
File: sipss.jpg (84KB, 720x552px) Image search: [Google]
sipss.jpg
84KB, 720x552px
>>39092903
Came here to post this, word for word.
>>
>>39091034
Its bad for you. Throws off your gait, not good for joints, messes up your form, we could go on.

Wear a weighted backpack if you want to make your run harder.
>>
>>39092904
>>39093005
>>39092917

It does make you feel lighter though.
Also, I guess a person who weight 70 kilos who trained with 10 extra kilos will run farther than a person who weights 70 kilos without weighttraining? Not sure.
>>
it would destroy your shoulders, back, and hips. when the military does it, they're carrying gear that was designed to properly distribute weight. Even then a ruck run can still fuck you up. Crippling these soft privates left and right, lemme tell ya.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.