[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Keeping up gains with minimal training time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1972.jpg (79KB, 591x669px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1972.jpg
79KB, 591x669px
Alright /fit, help me out here:

My wife's pregnant. All good, we're happy, etc.

Now the thing is, we made a deal, after she's giving birth, she gets six months in which her workout regime takes precedence over mine. She is a former ballet dancer and wants to get back in shape as soon as possible, and I'm not gonna protest this one as you can imagine. This will basically mean that I'll have just one or two times a week to keep in shape. My current schedule is Phraks Greyskull LP with one day of jogging and one day of swimming on the rest days. But obviously, I can't keep this up with training once or twice a week.

I'm looking for a schedule to keep up my gains as best as possible, I'll loose some of course, and came up with the following:

1. Strength: Big three workout (Squat, deadlift and bench, all 3x5)

2. Endurance/body weight: chin-ups, dips, sit-ups, push-ups (all 3xfailure), then a 20-30 minute jog.

I would alternate these 2 workouts with roughly 3 days of rest in between.

Your thoughts? What should I change?

Thanks in advance guys!
>>
"If you only have 20 minutes to work out every day, you should spend all of it doing cardio." -scooby1961, natty king
/thread
>>
Home gym.

It's the only way future dad.

Congratulations.
>>
if you are only going to the gym twice a week, do a full body routine

Should maintain your gains that way
>>
>>39090285
Alternate OHP and BP every other workout. I would also alternate deadlifting with arm work every other week but thats just me. Also, if you do this then there's no reason why you couldn't work up to heavy triples and singles when you do deadlift since you will only be training it once every 14 days or so.

Other than that it seem really solid duder.
>>
Home gym. Lift when the spawn naps.
>>
>>39090302
>>39090329
I got a home gym, squat rack, weights, bench, so that's not the problem (I already work weird hours, so home gym was mandatory long time ago)

>>39090300
I'm a recovering skelly, so that's probably not the way to go

>>39090311
Would you consider my big three routine full body? Or do you have other suggestions/full body workout plans?

>>39090328
So you basically alternate between squat/bench/deadlift and squat/OHP/armwork? Keep the endurance/cardio training in as well?

Thanks so far for all the responses, much appreciated guys!
>>
File: 1388998191542.gif (3MB, 267x212px) Image search: [Google]
1388998191542.gif
3MB, 267x212px
>>39090285
Don't bother planning things for yourself. The baby will plan your life for you from now on. Your personal life is over.
>>
>>39090394
>>39090328
Exactly. You could also alternate front squats and backs squats if you wanted to as well. What do you plan on doing with your diet? And congrats on the yungin bro
>>
>>39090394
if you already have a home gym then you have a fuckload of free time to lift.

speaking from the experience of having 2 kids, new borns nap for hours sometimes, or if they do get up, they are content to just lay there and stare at the toys you give them. if you are concerned just keep him/her in the same room as you when you work out and go change a diaper or quiet them down between sets. honestly, until they get mobile its fucking simple. once they learn how to crawl/walk then its hectic but till then you are golden brah.

alot of people just assume that having a baby is so much work that they will literally have no time to do anything. but in real life it isnt like that, and if you know how to prioritize and deal with shit, its not a big deal.
>>
>>39090430
Thanks bro!

Dietwise I'm not gonna change a lot, just cut out roughly 500kcal. That's gonna be easy to do, I regulate between bulk, cut and maintenance with my daily intake of paranuts/walnuts/almonds. Bulking is about 1500, maintenance is 1000, cut is 500 kcals worth of nuts, so it's just a matter of getting the portions right. I'll keep the rest as it is (basic diet is light breakfast with fruit and some eggs, cottage cheese for lunch, pasta/rice with chicken and veggies for dinner, protein and oats shake before bedtime or after workout, and I eat my daily intake of nuts during the day/in between meals)
>>
>>39090464
Allright, I'll keep it in mind. Nice hearing this though, all around me people go mental when they get a kid and I always assumed it was gonna be hectic as fuck.
>>
>>39090488
yea when i had my first kid i went pretty crazy, then realized that its just like everything else in life. you get better at it with more practice. you will fall into a routine with a nap and feeding schedule, and learn what they like and dont like when you're rocking them to sleep and shit. then BAM you have a shitload of free time to do pretty much whatever you want
>>
>>39090408
This pretty much.
I have a 2 year old kid, still dictates what goes on with my life, can't wait for this little devil to hit 20 already.
>>
>>39090556
You should hire
>>39090525
>>
Allright guys, OP here, thanks for all the advice and help so far, much appreciated! Gotta run now, check in on the thread later tonight
>>
>>39090285
If you are not making this up and actually agreed to this you are a beta cuck.
>>
File: IMG_1963.jpg (34KB, 600x410px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1963.jpg
34KB, 600x410px
>>39090697
Yeah, poor beta me wanting my wife to look good.....

Go out sometime kid, there's life beyond your computer and it's not so bad as you apparently think.
>>
>>39090733
>ruining your body/changing your lifestyle because of some woman

Why would any sane man do this? If she didn't want to get out of shape, she should have never decided to have a kid. Her fuckup.
>>
>>39090285

why the fuck if you have just two days you would use one of them as full cardio?
>>
>>39090285
Home gym
>>
>>39090760
It's not a fuckup brother, always wanted to start a family, so this was planned and welcome.

But I think I'm not gonna convince you that some people can be happy this way, so enjoy yourself and have a nice day.
>>
>>39090828
Pussying out after you realized you fucked up, huh. She won't ever respect you again after you go through this, so enjoy that divorce a few years down the line and remember that some faggot on /fit/ tried to warn you.
>>
>>39090851
It's time to stop posting.
>>
>>39090760
Lmao grow up
>>
>>39090851
You're funny.

Seriously bro, you've got some issues, or some woman has really hurt you and I actually feel bad for you that you're so bitter.
>>
>>39090285
>Now the thing is, we made a deal, after she's giving birth, she gets six months in which her workout regime takes precedence over mine.
Why can't you work out at the same time?
>>
>>39090994
Someone has to watch the kid of course
>>
>>39090994
He's going to ruin his own life, neglecting himself, by watching over his brat, which normally would be something the woman does, but sadly that woman wears the pants in OPs household.
>>
>>39090851
You're fucking autistic and a virgin
>>
>>39090994
Someone has to take care of the new born. So many guys forget about it because women are usually stuck with the job whether thry like ir or asked for it or not. Its a fulltime job if you do it right.
Ops pretty fucking awesome for giving his wife a break/chance to get back in shape for sacrificing her body to make their child. More guys should be understanding, thered be more milfs
>>
>>39091072
Had fun over at /pol?
>>
>>39090285
I train a little like that because of my job
I do calisthenics in circuit training twice during the week and do an heavy compounds on the weekends
it's been a year or so and so far I got good gains considered the time used
>>
>>39090556
>>39090408
Must just be shitty parents, my 2 kids go to the gym with me. it isn't difficult to find a great gym that also has day care.
I do my 2 hours at the gym and they play and run around. win/win.
you are always yelling at folks use google. how about you do it.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.