[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Depression

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 8

File: sadpepe.jpg (314KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
sadpepe.jpg
314KB, 1600x1200px
Who here lives with depression? Has getting /fit/ helped you get over it?

I'm at the point where I don't enjoy anything anymore, even if I try to force myself to enjoy things I just can't. I'm bored constantly, even when I'm busy I'm kind of bored. I'd kill myself but I have a son I have overnight every weekend and i don't want to let him down.

Wat do? Boxing isn't working for me anymore, it's been 7 years and I no longer enjoy it. I can't enjoy girls like I used to, I've not been laid in 9 months and I don't even feel like it. Last time I got sucked off i felt weird and ashamed after and the whole process felt like a nightmare.

What the fuck do I do /fit/? I don't want to go on medication like a faggot. I'm 27 and I've felt this way for a good 4 or 5 years now, but it's the worst it's ever been.

I've tried manning up and not being a pussy, but it's like trying to tell myself the red pen is blue. No matter how hard I try to convince myself it's blue, no matter how much I pretend I'm ok the truth is always there.
>>
just go on medication, it really can make a huge difference. I've been lifting for 8 years and it does help a little bit but it won't completely change you, I went from a fatasfatass virgin to jacked with occasional sex and it made little to no difference in my depression. The best way to get rid of it naturally is to find a job you actually enjoy and a girl who actually loves you, which is fucking hard.
>>
>>39090271
have you tried meditating?
where all gonna make it bro
>>
>>39090303
Op here

I've been boxing for the last 8 years, but I still don't really enjoy that either anymore. I've hit a point where I'm slacking with my training because I don't see the point anymore.

A few years ago I was happy chasing girls and drinking alcohol, I had an LSD trip and it revealed to me that chasing girls was just an endless cycle of disappointment. Since then I can't enjoy them.

I can't enjoy video games anymore, I used to like them but now I get bored. I try to force myself to get into them but they just don't keep me interested and within 30 minutes I gotta turn it off.

I'm really at a point where life just seems like constant struggle and I'd rather just hit the off switch because it'd be more peaceful. Maybe I should go and take a trip to the doctors if you're saying medication can help. I don't touch drugs or anything anymore out of fear of making myself worse.
>>
>>39090340
I've tried bro. I seem to be up and down and I'm not sure if it's bipolar or depression. I followed buddhism for a while and to be honest it's just made things worse, I've reached a point where I realize temporary happiness like girls, alcohol and drugs aren't helpful (thanks to buddhism) and now I can't enjoy them, even if I try to force myself to enjoy them I can't switch off the little voice reminding me that they aren't really helping. I've been applying for "live in carer" jobs down in London the last few days because I hate my current job, I think maybe relocating might help. I have nothing to lose so I may as well try because things can't get any worse in life.
>>
I was depressed and suicidal until I got in to a situation where I was 100% sure I'd die. After that it felt like a smog was cleared from my life. As if I had woken up from a 24 years long dream and was able to see clearly for the first time. The realization you WILL die and WILL be sent into endless nothingness was more terrifying than anything I can think of

This doesn't help much though since that can't really be arranged on purpose. I just wish I could somehow make you *get* what I felt back then, but it's impossible I suppose. It has to happen
>>
>>39090369
I had a really good period where I realized happiness was a "choice". In those 4 months I was unstoppable, I trained hard and dropped down to 62kg from 75kg. I had another boxing match and won my opponent, I had never been so fit in my entire life. I had motivation through the roof and i felt unstoppable, I was training 5 nights a week and some daytimes too so I wouldn't get bored.

And then something went wrong, i don't know what but I started to feel like everything was pointless. I lost my motivation for training, I started to not give a fuck and shut myself off. I've tried getting back in the world but it just isn't the same, no matter how hard I try to force myself to be happy and man up theres still that part of me that just feels like shit.

I try to ignore it, I try to bury it, I try to man up and power through it and i do, but after a couple weeks I finally can't take it anymore and just crash. I still go boxing because it's better than being alone and I don't want to give up and accept my place in a dark hole, but man I just can't be bothered with the constant struggle anymore. I feel completely worn down.
>>
>>39090367
>I hate my current job,
either change the way you feel about your job or find another job or continue being depressed
>>
>>39090529
I'm on it bro. I think my job is really dragging me down. I'd willingly take a good £300 - £400 a month paycut if it meant I'd have a job I would be happy within.
>>
>>39090271
not accepting help is being pussy. an adult can accept that life doesn't mean being on your own, fighting on your own. there are other people with similar problems out there and many will care to help. depression is also a sign that you are growing up, becoming a man. thinking deeper and figureing out deeper family problems
>>
>>39090550
definitely, job you enjoy, bromances and romances,
key to happy life
>>
>>39090550
Alpha: Pursue passion, build connections and friendships that lasts a lifetime

Beta:Work job you hate to buy shit you dont need to impress people you hate
>>
Just finished work now so I'll be leaving this thread.

Cheers for the help Anons, I'm going to take a trip to the doctor this week. My life is literally work 6am - 6pm and then go boxing and then go to bed, and on weekends I have my son overnight. I need to change shit up and see if any meds help.
>>
There is no "getting over" clinical depression. You just treat the symptoms as best as you can. But yes, proper diet and exercise does help. A lot.
>>
>>39090342

It just seems like you are growing up. You are getting too mature to enjoy all the superficial things you enjoyed before.

>Drinking
>Gaming
>Chasing girls
>Doing drugs

You just have to realize that youre getting too old for this crap. Get some real goals going, some real purpose in life. Pursue a career, get really good at something you love doing, etc.
Every man comes at a point in life where the things that were once fun, become shit and meaningless, it just means youre growing up
>>
tfw 22 and it's hard to enjoy anything anymore.
I want to be happy and I want o figure out what I want to do in life. everyday feels like a struggle.
>>
Every day, anon.

I'm on Lexapro and have Xanax on the side. Only thing that tides me down is the gym hence why I got 6x a week otherwise I wanna rage against people.

Have rated against my siblings, coworkers and strangers.

Plus the fact I don't trust anyone I date doesn't help.
>>
This is what the decline of Christianity in the West gets us.
>>
I realized that I'm only not miserable on the days I lift. But I'm on SL, and it has four whopping rest days.

What's a beginner program that would have me lift every single day?
>>
>>39091156
I'm going to start a 6 day PPL
it's from reddit but I've seen it mentioned here a few times. I might make it 3 days on one day off and keep it like that so I don't fatigue by the end. look up "Metallicadpa PPL"
>>
>>39090692
you work too much! you poor Americans. I guess you are one?
>>
>tfw angry at the world, the globalists, the sate of europe in general
>release all this energy into lifting not only to get rid of anger but to get swole as fuark for the incoming war
> [spoiler] I started a month ago at most [/spoiler]
>>
>>39091120
Lack of purpose in these men's lives
>>
>>39091479

Its hard to find purpose in anything in society these days.

Western culture teaches us that we are unique, an individual, but we really are not. We are just another human being, we were born by accident. There is no purpose for us in modern society. No world needs to be changed, no war needs to be fought, no country or village to protect. So what do we do? We give ourselves a false sense of purpose, money, love, beauty. All just luxuries that in the grand scheme of things, dont matter jack shit. To be fair, if you dont make a change in the world, or a change to humanity in general, you might aswell be dead. Seriously your life doesnt matter at all. When you die you will be forgotten, youre just another human whose life really didnt mean shit. Maybe it meant something to a few people around you, but they will also die, and in a hundred years after your death, and most likely even sooner, your existance havent mattered AT ALL.

So do whatever the fuck you want to do, and then drop dead
>>
Just had a break up after 2 years.

Should I block her or just delete her?
>>
Go on medication you fucking idiot.
>>
>>39090402
Sounds like your burnt out, it's a serious issue when your cns gets toasted - physiological not just psychological
>>
File: vsco_021816g.jpg (99KB, 480x602px) Image search: [Google]
vsco_021816g.jpg
99KB, 480x602px
>>39090271

Bro, first try some NAC, it's cheap and works for a lot of people. I take the Jarrow Formulas N-A-C Sustain.

http://www.dangerandplay.com/2014/07/21/n-acetylcysteine-nac-depression-anxiety/

Change your diet, research foods that improve mood, drink some kefir milk.

If you still feel rough get some blood work done, run testosterone and an estradiol sensitive test, if E2 is too high start taking DIM-plus supplement to drop it. If your T is under 300 go on TRT, no point on feeling like a 100 year old man. Hang in there, you'll figure it out.
>>
File: 1474232199447.jpg (782KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1474232199447.jpg
782KB, 2048x1536px
Ashwaganda (KSM-66)
EVERY natty lifter should be on it.
>>
>>39091633
are you American?? I think that's really a nergative, American way of thinking. like in Fight Club. Your consumer society must suck...
Lol, enjoy the good things in life and get in contact with other humans, spend time with them, help them and get helped
>>
>>39090271
Listen here dude,

I'm a little less than twice your age and dealt with this shit a long time ago.

You need to identify your problems, separate them out into the things you CAN do something about, and the things you CAN'T do ANYTHING about, and IGNORE the things you can't change, and DO SOMETHING about the things you CAN change. This may mean changing your entire lifestyle, moving to somewhere new, or as simple as rearranging your living space. NO DRUGS. They are a TRAP like all mind-altering drugs are. Repeat the above until success; don't ever sit there and say "I've tried EVERYTHING, NOTHING works!" because that's never true; if you had, then you'd have to kill yourself.

I'm not going to monitor this thread, I'm not going to debate anything I've said with anyone; I've said my piece, I stand by it, and anyone who says I'm full of shit can go fuck themselves. Best of luck to you, OP. If someone like me who tried to commit suicide several times can come back from it and have a productive, happy life, so can anyone.
>>
>>39092064
how much do u dose?
>>
>injure disk in 7th grade because Im fat as fuck
>got even fatter through high school
>now 5'11, 200lbs, nogainz thanks to dropping 150lbs in the last two years
>weak as fuck on all lifts

>tfw I'll have episodes where I try to go a little harder than usual on rows or other back exercises
>my back will seize up for an entire day
>literally 24 hours of non-stop "kill me" tier-pain
>followed by at least a week of back/leg/foot pain because once my back flares up, it reactivates my sciatica

Sometimes I wonder why I didn't just kill myself two years ago.

You only get one chance at life. At 19 years old I was a 350lbs KV neet with no friends.

Now I'm a 21 year old KV fat fuck with no friends, absolutely no idea how to interact with women in a sexual manner, with a weak, fucked up body that fights me every fucking day because the last time I was this thin was when I was like, five years old.

I'll always see myself as the NEET I used to be. My social skills will always lag behind my peers. My skill with women is an entire decade of experience behind most dudes my age. I'll never look good thanks to my loose skin. And worst of all, I still have another 20-50lbs to lose before I can even THINK about recomping, let alone bulking. I'm going to stay skinnyfat and weak for fucking ever.
>>
>>39092277
250mg twice a day
>>
>>39091232
Are you the one who made a thread asking for that?
>>
>>39092166

Im European, Dutch to be exact. So no Im not American
>>
>>39090741
>growing up
never
>>
Yes, getting /fit/ has helped immensely. Some specific things that seem to make me feel a lot better are:
-eating nutritious food; especially grass fed beef, vegetables, and low glycemic carbs
-anaerobic training
-getting enough sleep

I would also recommend the book "The Artist's Way" by julia cameron. Even if you aren't an artist its more about the process of self-therapy and how to tap into your creativity and sense of self.
>>
>>39092354
Nice I'll try that thanks
>>
>>39091120
this is what capitalism and only digital contact with humans gets us
>>
>>39092064
>>39092354
doesn't your body get used to it and you have to up the dose eventually?
>>
>>39092930
it directly increases your testosterone, its not like drugs where you get a tolerance
>>
medication [SSRIs] really helped me.

If you really have depression, then you can't just "get over it" like a lot of normies and attention-seekers claim they have. The only thing that remotely helped was actual medication.
>>
just b urself
>>
>>39092930
No, it's an adaptogen.
It helps regulate normal hormone levels, the more suppressed your test is from outside factors like your lifestyle the more of a positive effect this will have on you.
I'm talking increases in test of 20-40% which is a lot if you were deficient to begin with.

Some people say it stops working for them after a few months but I think they just get used to it.
It's improved my mood, my energy levels, my libido and my performance in the gym.

It's very good stuff and unlike all the other herbal test boosters this actually works and has been proven in multiple studies.
>>
>>39093202
>>39093271

What's the difference between total and free test in a body? I have high total level but really low free level.
>>
>>39093295
It will increase overall test, and your free test too.
Look into ways to lower SHBG levels in your blood to free up more test.
Buy taurine and take 3g a day with the ashwaganda to really boost your test.

Personally when I'm not on anabolics I take :
ZMA at night
3g of taurine mixed into my fluids for the day.
Ashwaganda 250mg in the morning with breakfast , 250mg at lunch.
Plenty of fish oil,
vitamins D, A, E, C.
Get 7 hours of sleep.

This is the most effective way to raise test I have found, most people and products you read about online are bullshit.

This got me from test levels of 540 to 920 in three months.

I'm not trying to sell any of you anything, try it for yourself.
Ever I call the poor man's version is just ashwaganda + taurine which is very effective by itself, the other stuff just amplifies it.

With ashwaganda you want an extract with a high amount of withanolides (5% or higher, KSM-66 is very good)
>>
>>39093221
This is something that hurt to realize. I always made fun of people with "depression" because I thought it was just teen angst and it wasn't actually a thing. And then I got diagnosed with it after I knew something was wrong with me. I hate that I have it, but at least I'm getting help. I just can't stand things being out of my control, so my brain being fucked really hurts my pride.
>>
bro the only thing that excites me is getting high on hard drugs

i literally hate my life and i'm a 6'4 good looking guy that makes good money

I've been sober for over a year and half and it's fucking horrible. I literally cannot go out or talk to friends. It's a living hell, tbqh
>>
File: 1417843713524.gif (51KB, 192x224px) Image search: [Google]
1417843713524.gif
51KB, 192x224px
>>39090271
being /fit/ only helps if being out of shape was a cause for the depression existing in the first place.
>>
>>39093467
not him, but should I go ahead and buy some of that shit? I haven't been tested but I look and feel low T desu
>>
>>39093568
>i'm a 6'4 good looking guy that makes good money
unless you talk to people the way you talk on 4chan, i can't believe you at all.
>>
Did NoFap. Haven't felt depression since.
>>
>>39093631
wtf does this even mean, manlet?
>>
File: 1475883384612.jpg (174KB, 1599x1199px) Image search: [Google]
1475883384612.jpg
174KB, 1599x1199px
>>39093623
it helped me.
I encourage you to do your own research on the things I posted, don't just take my word for it.

It can't hurt to get blood tests done either way
>>
File: 1346959298420.jpg (69KB, 627x429px) Image search: [Google]
1346959298420.jpg
69KB, 627x429px
>Who here lives with depression?
Dysthymia, have been for the past 10 years. I change treatment ever so often (months / years), but it's become pretty clear after the second year that it's treatment resistant, meaning nothing really makes a dent and I'm basically grasping for straws now. I'm left with very few clinical options, one of which is ECT and the other is TMS, both of which are very expensive (and I would likely not qualify for ECT).

If you're not just a fucking troll and you're actually serious about your feelings, you need to see a psychiatrist - you might not be depressed, and if you are you need treatment, if nothing else than for your close family.

>I don't want to go on medication like a faggot
If you had a heart condition would you consider yourself a "faggot" for taking medication? What about pain medication post-surgery to help your recuperation? Do you even know what this medication does, or are you thinking of it as some blanket "happy-pills" that make you artificially euphoric? All anti-depression medication does is help you fix a neurochemical imbalance and should always accompany treatment from a certified psychologist.

Again, if you're not a troll, trust me on this one OP - getting a medical opinion from a qualified individual is ALWAYS better than no treatment at all. At the very least get yourself checked.
>>
>>39093990
how do I request/schedule the blood tests?
>>
I am depressed. I haven't got fit yet but I feel like it won't make a difference. Nothing ever does.
>>
You should all just suck it up.
>>
im on the road of making it
or at least i think i am

people first started complimenting me while at the gym
and then normies who arent gym goers have given me a compliment here and there while outside the gym

i guess im not DYEL status anymore

still depressed, still so many questions, still so many "stills"

im not sure about the rest of you, but when i started lifting around 14-15 months ago, i bought into this idea that somehow getting fit would miraculously solve all these problems i had

as i started to get more fit, more and more i couldnt ignore the reality that i always knew
>getting fit may solve some problems, but you know damn well it wont solve most problems, and most likely not the problems that burden you the most

>>39093578
as this anon so eloquently put it, getting fit will only help you if not being fit was the source of your depression and woes in the first place

but hey, at least we can out-bench, deadlift, and squat normies right?
and we totally could pull girls if we werent autistic? r-r-r-right?

whatever, lifting is one of the very few things that give me joy
>>
>>39092289
I was in a similar situation just a few months ago anon, and it's truly shitty, but I promise you there is hope. Take it one step at a time, easiest to hardest. I really thought I would die aloneness but now I have a qt3.14 gf and a steady job and everything. My advice is really to just be yourself (I know it sounds corny and you don't believe me). I met my gf because I have a self deprecating sense of humor and we send Fucking harambe memes back and forth all day. It really does get better, even though you can't see how rn
>>
>>39090271
Are you me? Is your son's name Moses?

Did I write this when drunk?
>>
>>39091693
Both
>>
>>39094348
Let me guess you have a chemical imbalance in your brain that the psychologist found out how exactly?
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.