[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to Get Serratus Anterior

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_nxmac1qTGn1sis8guo1_500.jpg (69KB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxmac1qTGn1sis8guo1_500.jpg
69KB, 500x625px
How many people have the serratus anterior muscle? I feel like I see a lot of people who dont, check out this vid if you want to know more about them or how to get them.
https://youtu.be/-icN-i3BP1E
>>
>>39090113

A non butterface ripped gryll. Damn.
>>
>>39090113
front lever pulls
>>
>>39090113
>over 5 minutes of talking
tl;dw
>>
>>39090122
lol dont see those to often huh? hahaha
>>
>>39090113
Stop being a faggot and start boxing
>>
>>39090122
Where?
>>
>>39090113
is it strange that I find her attractive? the pretty face on the masculine bod is a huge turn on
>>
>>39090113
>2:11
>Definitely not a very functional muscle.
Uh, yes, they definitely are.
They are crucial for scapulohumeral rhythm, which is important for pretty much any time you move your arms and shoulders.
>>
>>39090113
is that iggy pop?
>>
>>39090286
They do have a function yes, like an other muscle in the body but if your serratus are underdeveloped it isn't going to impair you nearly as much as another muscle deficiency could. your scaps will not glide as tightly to your rib cage and will "wing out" but it wont really be detrimental
>>
>>39090169
i want her to peg me desu
>>
>>39090359
Oh, it will definitely be detrimental.
If your serratus anterior muscles aren't working properly, you'll have a high chance of getting shoulder injuries.
And such an injury will prevent you from doing pretty much any upper body exercises, which is about the most detrimental thing that can happen.

So it's not that the serratus anterior impairs your performance directly, but it does have a huge impact long term.
>>
>>39090388
alright fair enough, you got a good point there. In my defense though there is a chance that it could be detrimental. its not a definite as you stated
>>
>>39090415
Initially, I only asserted that they are definitely a functional muscle.

Weak pecs or triceps or whatever mainly just limit your strength, not the way you're moving biomechanically.
So in that sense, these big muscles aren't "functional".
Stabilizer muscles like the serratus anterior, trapezius, rotator cuff, whatever, do influence how your bones move relative to eachother.
They just don't have a major impact on acute performance.
So they can be considered "functional".

But you're right, there is a chance that you could be fine without properly functioning serratus anterior muscles.
A bit like how someone can be fine catbacking all of their deadlifts.
It's just not a good idea for the vast majority of people.
>>
>>39090456
hahaha true true lol however a big difference between the qauds and hamstrings can easily cause knee pain or a pulled cruciate ligament. When I say functional i mean more in terms of what do you go to the gym and workout. You think about the big muscles like legs, chest, arms, and back. not so much the stabilizing muscles like serratus or erector spinae or any of the rotator cuff muscles. Without the supraspinatus, infraspinatus and subscapularis you wouldn't really be able to move your arms at all but I wouldnt consider them functional.
>>
>>39090507
Yeah, sure, but if the quads and hamstrings would both be weak, it doesn't matter for movement much, just for force.

What we're discussing depends completely on the way you define functional, and because there isn't an agreement on the definition of the word, we all think of something (slightly) different.
You interpret it as a standard gym goer, while I interpret it more as a physical therapist.

A typical gym goer probably shouldn't need to think about all the small stabilizing muscles, and should just focus on whether or not he's moving correctly in the big exercises.
So I agree with you completely.
>>
heres another photo of the broad.
>>
>>39090560
you got some good points. yea i'm mostly thinking about these muscles as aesthetics in bodybuilding. I don't know a lot of people who complain of shoulder pain due to weak serratus but then again if they did have shoulder issues they probably wouldn't know what was causing it. Alright yea i think were pretty much in agreement just looking at it from two different perspectives. I Totally agree that they are useful just like all other small muscles in the body that work "behind the scenes".
>>
>>39090627
yeah, exactly!
>>
>>39090663
lmao, glad we could have an actual debate and not just argue as most do on the internet haha
>>
>>39090685
heh, yeah, I wish it was more common.
>>
>>39090113
>actually isolating serratus anterious
>not just doing pullups ohp and loosing weight

kekeke who thinks to themselves, cant wait to go to the gym and hit the seratuss anterior brah get big serratus aesthetics fuuaaaaaaaaa
>>
>>39090113
fuck, how long has it been? one year? youve made sick gains brah may zyzzgains continue to be with you bro.

now leave
>>
>>39090756
sorry, next time ill just call the other guy a neckbearding faggot for disagreeing with me.
kek
>>
>>39090113
>How many people have the serratus anterior muscle?
All people have the serratus anterior. What kind of question is that?
>>
>>39090724
lmao no obviously no one goes to the gym thinking that... and you clearly didn't watch the video if you think doing pull ups are going to help get serratus lol
>>
>>39090779
fait enough it was a dumb question. let me re phrase. How many people can actually see a defined serratus on their person??
>>
>>39090813
anyone with low bodyfat and some muscles?
>>
>>39090803
>think doing pull ups are going to help get serratus lol

ITS NOT UP TO YOU reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK
>>
>>39090113
This is the worst video I have ever seen.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.