[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WTF /FIT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: d6f.jpg (18KB, 403x389px) Image search: [Google]
d6f.jpg
18KB, 403x389px
So for about...I'd say three or so months I have been more active and I have been eating less and eating differently. Like I've cut out a load of bread and sugar because it was screwing my digestive system and I'm eating way for veggies and fruits, no juice or soda. Been cooking my own food like chicken and lamb and salmon. Using coconut oil, blah blah blah. Drinking lots of water. Plus I walk for about an hour a day and I'm on my feet at work and I'm doing other junk that leaves me sore. I don't do anything that's too hard on my legs because I have so many issues with them related to old injuries. But if I didn't have that barrier, I would be running and jumping more.
YET. No change in weight. Like I thought maybe at least 3 pounds? Maybe some water weight? But I don't know. Anyone else had this issue? All I want is to lose like 50 pounds in like two years or somethin. I'm a girl, obese, pretty short.
>>
Hey, I haven't been on here in a while and I don't have any credentials other than being someone who's into working out and eating right and self-studied, so take my thoughts for what they're worth.

First and foremost, you're asking for people to make a lot of assumptions. Weight and body fat loss is a science, albeit multivariable, a science nonetheless. You'll need to be a little more specific in terms of the changes you made. For example, try posting a daily food log comparing what you used to consume vs what you consume now. Although what you eat can be very determining, how much you eat is oftentimes the bottom line factor. What I'm saying is: if calories in is less than calories out, you're going to lose weight, even if the food is unhealthy. Typically, healthier foods are less calorie dense, which is why making smarter food choices produces the result of weight loss. Still, additives in junk food can slow down your metabolism, so there's more than one reason to make the changes you have made. Let me post this response and I'll keep typing some more.
>>
Same guy, back with more. Obese, short, and female are determining factors, no matter how you look at them. You've basically described yourself as an inherent endomorph, ie someone who naturally sits heavier such as myself. Not to fear, this won't keep you from getting in shape. I'm about 5'9"-5'10" 175 lbs, male, not overweight, so endomorphic doesn't mean you HAVE to be heavy. It just means that you have to be more conscientious of your diet than your counterparts who may struggle to pack on muscle, but I wouldn't worry about these intricacies for now. When making overall health choices, we oftentimes focus too much on the last 1%. The last 1% refers to minute details embraced by highly competitive athletes (ie an Olympic sprinter that likes to eat a candy bar before a race) that are frequently tailored to that individual alone. So my advice for you here is: don't let yourself get too far into the weeds. I've fallen prey to that. We all have. Just focus on the fundamentals, and maybe give the sticky a read (the link by the dinosaur at the top).
>>
>>39086422
I understand. I've been very vague.I was just wondering if anyone else has the same issue, because I'm mostly venting.

Normally I don't have breakfast cause I'm fucking poor, but lately when I do have it, I'll have some rice chex with 2% milk, a banana, and tea. On a weekend I might have one or two pancakes with an apple sausage. I haven't been really been using syrup cause I like to put blueberries or bananas in them.

Lunch also varies. I work at a school so I'll just eat what the kids eat sometimes. Other days I might have a grilled cheese in a hurry. Or maybe I'll have salmon and vegetables. Maybe fruit salad..it depends. Today I had soup and blackberries and strawberries and a glass of wine cause fuck it.

Dinner I'll make curry, or chicken or fish, pasta made out of rice flour..side of veggies or salad. And for dessert I'll have a fruit popsicle.Tonight I had left over chicken noodle soup. and I had cocoa for a dessert.

Lately I've been eating on a tight budget so it's been a lot of having to skip meals or limit them cause I'm like LOL. I have no god damn money.
>>
>>39086502
That sounds about right. Thanks, anon
>>
>>39086548
Well, one fix for your weight loss and financial issue would be to cut out dessert.
>>
So, I'd like to address the last part of your post (same guy). You asked if anyone else has had this issue. I've only encountered it in the form of a plateau, not so much during the catalyst stage of 'getting fit.' You need to be honest with yourself. I'm not going to accuse you of anything, but take a hard look at how you're actually eating. Are you cooking with butter? How many times a week do you have a cheat meal? What about unintentional consumption? Ie taking a pastry from a plate brought in by a coworker? And none of this is meant to insult your intelligence, but when you boil weight loss down to a science, you'll understand that this challenge can be overcame through prudent analysis. You'll recognize some errors you didn't realize you were making.

You made a point of informing us that you would be doing more of x, y, and z if not for previous injuries. Some of the, albeit motivated, less mature individuals on this forum may start hurling the "no excuses" propaganda at you, but that's not what you need to hear to help you. Rather, you need to understand that while you do have an alibi from doing certain exercises, that does not exclude a variety of physical activities from which you may benefit. Lifting weights or other anaerobic activities are extremely effective at burning calories. Find out what you can do without risking further injury and begin doing that. Do not increase your calorie consumption or accept more cheat meals as a result. If walking is the most cardio you can do using your legs, perhaps consider water aerobics or upper body circuit training.

Again, should you choose to respond, and I hope you do, please remember that when asking for advice, the worst thing you may get is something that doesn't make sense. Not to be insensitive, but a response along the lines of, "but I have been doing XYZ and it's not working." That's just self-fulfilling self-talk that will keep you from attaining your goals. We're interested in the details so as to
>>
So as to help you reach your goals.

p.s. I forgot to mention alcohol. It's an insidious culprit, high in calories. And when I drink, I eat a lot of junk with it. I just saw that you replied so let me take a quick look at what you read.
>>
>>39086608
Working on it. Also, I know..my one popsicle at the end of the day is what I look forward to. But it'd probably help even if I'm crying on the inside.
>>
>>39086548
Cool, I gave your replies a read. Breakfast is important, but you don't need a lot of it. I'd mainly focus on cutting out the dessert. Cooking fresh meats gets expensive too though. I'll suggest my weeknight meals and see what you think. I'll have frozen mixed veggies, microwaved in the steamed bag + boxed quinoa (takes about 13 minutes on the stove top) + some frozen chicken heated in the oven. If I'm on the last day of the meal prep and it's beginning to taste like rubber, I might dump some kind of sauce on it, but typically this meal runs me less than $4 a serving. For lunch I pack a deli meat sandwich (just meat and cheese, no spread), Greek yogurt, protein bar, and maybe an apple. I use that 0 calorie Mio stuff in my water bottle all day and drink black coffee throughout the day. Breakfast is usually something shitty like a pop tart, so maybe do as I say not as I do? Lol. In a perfect world I'd have egg white on whole wheat and a banana.
>>
>>39086643
I've been working on my disciplined in a lot of areas in my life, like getting tasks done, being mindful about what I spend money on, food, etc. etc. I do have weakness like if it's like a Saturday night I'm like fuck it. Gonna get drunk gonna get the hot dogs sold outside the club.
I have to tell myself no a lot. No, don't get seconds, no don't buy muffins, no wine just drink water. Hah..and I am being as honest as possible when I write this. I think this month has been 'just eat what is available so you can't pay bills' month which is probably not helping.
I know all of this may sound like excuses, but it's just venting. I do take all advice and criticisms into consideration cause you don't lose weight by being a little bitch cause of 'feelings.' ANYWAYS. Venting again.

I do really like being active. I really like running and sports and being outside, I just can't do it like I was able to (and even when I was really able to, and I was really good at a lot of sports, I was still a fatty). And it's kinda depressing. I wanna cry when I'm running around and I gotta stop because everything below the knee feels like it's on fire. (More venting).
BUT YEAH. There really are no excuses because there are alternatives to everything, right?
>>
>>39086726
That sounds pretty tasty. Besides quiona. I think satan created quiona.
>>
less eaty
more runny
>>
>>39086662
Well, here's the best news I can give you on that: if you don't buy it, you won't eat it. It's a lot harder to exercise self-control when the little shoulder devil is in the room with you. You work with kids. Imagine putting a Gameboy and math book both on their desk and telling them to focus on the book. Even if they can focus on the book, it's going to be a lot less pleasant knowing they have a more enjoyable alternative. The same applies to how we eat. If I but ice cream, it's gone within a week, and that box of fresh spinach I splurged on after being tired of frozen veggies goes to waste. Haha, we're all human, none of us are above temptation. I understand that you wanted to vent, so I'll quit shoving advice down your throat. Just know that we get cravings on modern day diets because our ancestors didn't have access to simple sugars and surplus carbs like we do. It would be comparing coffee to cocaine in terms of what is at our fingertips.

If you can't tell, I use a lot of analogies. It's how I rationalize a less pleasurable consumption, but you're willing to take criticism and certainly strong enough to make these lifestyle changes.
>>
>>39086808
I don't mind the advice. It's very thoughtful and insightful.
>>
>>39086732
Just saw this, long winded guy again. Telling yourself no gets easier and easier. I think a past me would have been harder on you, but I struggled with an aspect of professional training (currently learning to fly planes) several months back, and my entire perspective has since shifted. Everyone's struggles are different. There's no shame in venting, so long as you don't dwell in self-pity too long. And it seems like you aren't doing that. But when it comes to making legitimate changes it takes not only willing and observant students but the same from instructors. You have an aspect of your life with which you're struggling. I could 1) tell you you're being weak and need to get over it. That's no good. 2) coddle, and vent with you over some merlot (feels right, but not productive). 3) give and get specifics pertaining to the objective aspect of the problem you are encountering. With the tools at your fingertips you can empower yourself to get through this. And once again, I'm just some guy on the internet, so vent away, by all means. I don't mind listening. Then to the outside world, you can be the person making the changes in your life you want to see.
>>
>>39086828
Thanks :) and let me caveat what I just posted. I don't consider myself an instructor by any means, kind of drawing a comparison to the best flight instructors I've had
>>
>>39086304
Cut all bread and fruit and skip The oil, eat Meat and sallad and start to run or use a bike or something for an hour, for all we know you can be one of those delusional fat fucks that thinks you are eating healthy when you really are not.

And start counting calories!
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.