[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you fix selective mutism and tripping over your words

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: 1l0JWYO.jpg (97KB, 500x636px) Image search: [Google]
1l0JWYO.jpg
97KB, 500x636px
How do you fix selective mutism and tripping over your words like a retard when you do try to speak up
>>
You stop being a pathetic worm who probably lies to everyone you meet because you're too afraid of what random fucktards at the store/school/wherever think of you and your interests.

Lose the filters and say what you want to say. Say whatever comes to mind, and be completely honest about it. If you like something, say so, and say why. If you dislike something, say so even more. If you can't think of anything to say, it's because you're filtering yourself while every other cow is either having a good time or going on about their day without noticing you.
>>
>>39083763
it's so ingrained in me it's become more of a physical issue than a psychological one
>>
I'm really white washed but I learned English in the 3rd grade when I came here and was always self conscious about not sounding like the other kids, so I just never really spoke and when I did, my grammar was super on point to where I sounded robotic.
>>
>>39083872
as a kid i had severe selective mutism and because it was never really resolved it really fucked me up in the end.

Everybody thinks i'm retarded when I try to speak up now. It's fucked up but my rationale to keep moving is if I can fucking talk normally some of the time, I can talk normally all of the time. It's not like there's a fucking chain-linked fence between my brain and my vocal chords.
>>
practicing freestyling will teach your brain how to put in gramatically sensical filler words while you think about trying to rhyme stuff. thats what i did at least and i think it helped a lot
>>
>>39084102
no op but i'm gonna try this.
>>
>>39083703
Get a job as a telemarketer.
You'll be the chattiest kathy in 3 months.

Or fired in 2 weeks if you're totally hopeless.
>>
File: pepewrinkled.jpg (21KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
pepewrinkled.jpg
21KB, 400x386px
>tfw missed out on a normal life because of this bullshit
>>
>>39084778
I even missed lucky 7s, wow
>>
File: IMG_6120.jpg (186KB, 957x1077px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6120.jpg
186KB, 957x1077px
>psa:

speak slower so you can think about your words and have it come out more fluently
>>
File: IMG_1916.jpg (295KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1916.jpg
295KB, 1920x1080px
Be the Driver.
>>
>>39084778
>>39084804
Same, I feel cheated of a normal, happy life.
You got those trips...
[spoiler] in your heart [/spoiler]
>>
File: 1473811841942.jpg (48KB, 706x598px) Image search: [Google]
1473811841942.jpg
48KB, 706x598px
Is it bad that I unironically like death grips?

I mentioned I did when these too guys were talking about big Sean vs some other rapper.

One asked "you listen to death grips? What's wrong with you?"
>>
>>39085168
>Is it bad that I unironically like death grips?
Fags who frame questions like this are the worst. No, it's not bad that you like a popular band that contrarian's dislike because of their popularity. Is that what you wanted to hear?
>>
Speak out loud a lot, pronunciate correctly and don't mumble.
>>
>>39085213
You and I both know only /mu/ listens to them. I know it really is all up to personal taste.
But what im interested in is what particularly people find weird about death taste, who and why?
Its not like there's a proprietary music page with band stats
>>
>>39085264
>You and I both know only /mu/ listens to them
Doesn't change anything, insecure bitch boy.

The people you were talking to were talking about fucking Big Sean and some other shmuck who haven't made a single thing that could match anything in DG's discography. Who gives a shit what Top 40s fags think, I don't care if you like Meme Grips or not

Stop being an insecure babby on both 4chan and IRL. Christ.
>>
>>39084102
I can't rap or sing, sounds like I'm mumbling
>>
Some sort of public speaking society x F
>>
>>39085264
lol Death Grips have influenced the music industry more than any of /fit/'s favorite bands let alone any other acts emerging in the 2010s. Bowie, Bjork, Frank Ocean, and a bunch of hip-hop artists copping their style like Tyler and RTJ. Plus fucking Robert Pattison and Edgar Wright have outright expressed praise for them
>"only /mu/ listens to them"
fuck off m8
>>
>>39085332
doesn't really help because excelling in business and public speaking in no way resembles excelling in social functions
>>
>>39085282
>>39085343
T. Cervix clenched wanks who defend assburger whenever they can.
Its all about that Neil Fallon though
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.