[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Still confused about lifting and could use advice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_1145.jpg (198KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1145.jpg
198KB, 600x600px
And which exercises to do. Going back to gym today for day 3, and want to try to figure out hip thrusters. Along with some back exercises and the obvious goblet squats. Does it matter how high the bench is when doing hip thrusters? Any tips or general advice? Also I want to post a pic that shows my starting point. Love this pic because you can't really see me but can see my physique. Thank god for dirty mirrors and shower fog :)

Off-site pic is NSFW! Don't click if you're viewing at work or don't want to see NSFW stuff.

https://imgur.com/a/mER1h

Do you think I can get better legs and an ass from lifting?
>>
File: IMG_1115.jpg (153KB, 850x473px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1115.jpg
153KB, 850x473px
Hoping someone replies lol
>>
you look like a 13 year old boy
>>
File: IMG_1128.jpg (79KB, 564x781px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1128.jpg
79KB, 564x781px
>>39081396
I'm actually pretty close to 30 lol.

Any advice on form or whatever? It's like I suck hardcore at form. When using the squat rack the bar alone I think is too heavy for me maybe?
>>
>>39081090
I was about to ask you whether you are a trap or not, then I saw your name

holy fuck will you let me suck your dick?
>>
>>39081611
Uh no. Can you give me any advice about maintaining proper form? With hip thrusts or squats or anything. I feel like my back is rounding when I squat and it's hard keeping my butt out.
>>
>>39081723
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeqEWLvtZJw

He has lots of videos on squats, check it out.

tl;dr: Go slow and lift low weights at first. I'm having lots of trouble myself, and I'm just doing 5x5 on like lmao 50kg until I get the form 100% right.

The right weight is the one you can do a proper squat with. If you can't even handle the bar, practice without weights, just do the movement a few times a day. And do lots of leg presses and other exercises to get your legs strong enough for a proper squat.
>>
So today we did arm stuff with the weights and hip thrusters with 25lbs plates. Forgot to squat. Also did 30 mins cardio and the hour-long tai chi/yoga/Pilates class.

Can't believe we forgot the squats but yeah :/

I'm not sure I want to do much with my arms but friend wanted to so we did. Still feeling very noob at this.
>>
>>39084440
>/fit/ - personal blog and psychiatrist
>>
>>39084463
Hey I'm striving to be a fitter and better person. If you don't like it you can eat me lol
>>
>>39081090
>promoting 'sources of protein' (at least half of which have almost NO MACRONUTRIENTS TO SPEAK OF!) that are DEFICIENT IN ONE OR MORE ESSENTIAL AMINO ACIDS, or are SOY (which is SHIT for humans in general) or will make you FAT because TOO MUCH CARBOHYDRATE to get enough protein, and are STILL DEFICIENT IN ONE OR MORE ESSENTIAL AMINO ACIDS.

Give it up, faggot vegans, WE ARE ON TO YOU, you're trying to make everyone into WEAK, SICKLY, COGNTIVELY-DEFICIENT NU-MALES with NO natural male aggressiveness or effectualness; BOYS, THEY WANT TO VIRTUALLY CUT OFF YOUR BALLS!

*** FUCK THE FUCK OFF, VEGAN CUNTS ***
>>
>>39084495
Why are you so angry? I've been vegetarian for like a decade and vegan for three years and I'm in relatively good health. Far from fat lol.

You can get complete proteins by combining foods, like rice and beans. Don't need to look at every food individually. Supplement with B12 and track your nutrients and a vegan diet can be perfectly healthy.

I kinda want to point out that I'm not trying to start shit over the diet stuff. You guys can eat all the meat you want and I won't judge you.
>>
>>39084495
Also. Fermented soy doesn't carry with it all the health risks are like tofu does. I'm big on tempeh :)
>>
>>39084440
>Still feeling very noob at this.
>Tripping
>Trap
>Vegan
You're the trip /fit/ deserves.
>>
One of the best trolls in 4chan history. It's all there; trans, tripfag, vegan, fears republicans, uses 4chan as his personal blog. I entered this thread expecting great things and I was not let down
>>
>>39084826
How am I a troll? I've even posted pics of myself. I'm a real-life vegan mtf who's trying to get fit. Is that so hard to believe?
>>
>is vegan
>is a complete and utter degenerate faggot and embarrassment to ancestors and all of mankind

hmmmm makes you think
>>
>>39084938
The times, they are a'changin' :)

I'm basically the coolest person you'll ever meet and you're right to be jealous.
>>
>>39084764
seitan is the shit, got a recipe that makes that shit taste like chicken.

just squat and do stiff legged deadlifts for ass and legs. u need to bulk a little, hopefully u carry weight in your ass and legs.

stop doing cardio, just lift,stretch, and maintain deficits/maintenances/surpluses. only telling you to ditch cardio is because your skinny as hell, get fatter and more muscle
>>
>>39085167
Mm idk. You can't see it so well in that pic but I have a little belly fat I'm trying to lose. Kinda wanted to get down to 110lbs, which is when I had a flat belly
>>
>>39085167
Just have to say I agree that seitan is delicious. Probably one of the most protein dense foods I can think of too. Not even vegetarian.
>>
Leave this board
>>
>>39085265
im lacto-vegetarian(buddy gets me free myo protein shakes shits dank) with those shakes and seitan im getting like 300g of protein minimum.

>>39085259
the thing is you will lose that fat better with lifting and a deficit. you're new to lifting and building a physique so you will most likely not a have a firm grasp of taking advantage of insulin and staving off cortisol(im assuming, i dont fucking know your life story). long cardio sessions will be detrimental to your goal of getting dat ass
>>
>>39084739
>Supplement with B12
how? eating dirt?
>>
>>39085404
inject b12 brah
>>
>>39085167
Sorry I wanted to say more to this but was with friends and didn't want to be rude by being on my phone all night. Seitan is the shit! :)

What's a stiff-legged deadlift? I'd been doing some deadlifts with dumbbells and they're actually very fun but idk how to do them without bending my knees? Seems kinda impossible.

Thanks for the post you're helpful and wonderful :)

>>39085382
I know very little about insulin and cortisol so you weren't wrong. But I thought a good routine would always include like HIIT cardio and weight lifting? What about the stair stepper things? Thought those were good for bigger butts and it's cardio sorta. Can definitely feel it in the glutes, anyway.

>>39085404
I take a capsule with B12 from vegan sources. Not that hard. I'm not afraid of eating dirt, though :)

Kinda dirty hippy girl.
>>
We're still very much trying to get our workout routine in order. Every time we go we just randomly do stuff and it can't be that efficient.

Tomorrow I'm definitely going to focus on squatting and other weights stuff for legs. We liked the hip thrusts but it was hard getting into the right position while dealing with a 25lbs plate lol. What is a good routine for us? Also we have different goals in mind probably. What would you recommend for a cis girl who wants to lose weight and get the best butt ever? Unlike me she actually does have some fat to lose. Is cardio good for her? How should her routine differ from mine?
>>
>>39081090
>http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/07/vegetarianism-and-veganism-best.html
>http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/07/vegetarianism-and-veganism-are-as.html
>>
>>39085625
>stiff-legged deadlift
youtube it, more hamstring dominant but i squeeze the glute at lockout and supper set it with ghr when im doing a bodybuilding split, honestly got my ass too big but i have what you would call trap genes carry all my fat in ass and thighs.

hiit will not impact your as hard as liss or medium intensity cardio. i tend to shred fat with simple long walks, or 15 mins of wind sprints.

stair stepper with a hiit protocol can be a killer workout, targets the muscle u want as well. pro tip, avoid doing it on dnp shit is hell.

what are your estrogen lvls at? could you take anavar without regaining your masculine features?
>>
>>39081090
>vegan trap !!/qt

lol

kill yourself. i mean it
>>
>>39085863
Hey, I know its you shilling your website posting this. Why do you have the edgiest name possible for it?
>>
>>39081090
Omg you are uch a attention whore. At first I thought you were looking for advice bu you are fucking everuwhere.

Read the fucking sticky and stlp asking stupid questions.
>>
>>39085909
>I know its you shilling your website posting this. Why do you have the edgiest name possible for it?
I've repeatedly said it's not mine
>>
File: IMG_1144.png (1MB, 2147x3816px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1144.png
1MB, 2147x3816px
>>39085875
I'll post test results from last appointment but don't think I'd want to take anything that might increase testosterone or lower estrogen
>>
File: IMG_1148.png (553KB, 2147x3816px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1148.png
553KB, 2147x3816px
>>39085875
>>
>>39085944
damn my est is at like 40 and my test is around 3600 lmao.

if you have anymore questions, the sticky really is the best place to start. i think they still have the starting strength female edition on it. basically the perfect routine to build an hourglass body if you do it right.

>any chance of more pics?
>>
>>39086068
leave it to the beta sociall retarded dyel virgins to keep these retarded attention whore cancer trips alive by feeding them the attention they so crave
>>
>>39086085
ill keep doing it too, fight me faggot.
>>
Nice chest genes phag

How many calories a day are you consuming OP?
>>
>>39084495
Dairy, meat and eggs are full of estrogen.
> carbs make you fat
Lol just lol please stop giving people nutrition advice you know nothing, the one thing you care about in your shitty little life and your terrible at it.
>>
File: 1476483800377.gif (3MB, 456x288px) Image search: [Google]
1476483800377.gif
3MB, 456x288px
OP IS DED
>>
>>39086068
People keep calling me an attention whore so I'm done with pics for a bit :/

>>39086115
Chest genes?

My calories are all over the place. I don't eat when at work and feel like I get maybe 1400 those days but can easily top 2200 on others.
>>
>>39086115
Also what do you mean chest genes? If you're calling me flat it's not very nice.
>>
>>39081723
>Can you give me any advice about maintaining proper form?
This one will be hard, since proper form is about keeping you abs and posterior chain tight.
This also trains the core and back.

It's not an issue in females, because they don't have enough test for it to matter, but for guys, it makes that shit grow via isometric holds.

To maintain proper form, you need to either go full post-op or stop being a faggot.
>>
>>39086068
>if you have anymore questions, the sticky really is the best place to start. i think they still have the starting strength female edition on it. basically the perfect routine to build an hourglass body if you do it right.
Not seeing that routine up there. Oh well. Maybe doing deadlifts, squats, and hip thrusters for now will be a good start.

>>39086234
You're trolling me, right?
>>
>>39086372
giving u all this info and not even ass pics, shits rough.

Workout A
3x5 Squat
3x5 Bench Press
1x5 Deadlift

Workout B
3x5 Squat
3x5 Standing military press
3x12 hip thrusters
>>
File: 1472938043752.gif (253KB, 447x415px) Image search: [Google]
1472938043752.gif
253KB, 447x415px
>>39085863
Fuck off with your idiotic broscience tumblr style blog, you spam this shit in every thread about nutrition

faggot
>>
>>39086203
No, i mean you have a naturally big rib cage, that means a lot
I personally have excellent leg genes, my legs are huge naturally
>>
lol vegans
>>
>>39087579
>Fuck off with your idiotic broscience tumblr style blog, you spam this shit in every thread about nutrition

>faggot

>Truthy that hurts my feelings and debunked my vegetable only bullshit shill diet
>broscience
I will when dipshits stop posting literal broscience in every thread about nutrition. Stay triggerd you pussy ass bitch
>>
>>39085680
Try laying a bar over your hips instead of a plate.
Make a list of the things you'll do in an order with a number of sets and reps in your phone or whatever.

She should be doing cardio that she likes. try out biking, running, swimming and some HIIT stuff so she can see what works best for her.
The most important thing for her is to count calories correctly and get enough protein so she doesn't lose any muscle mass while losing weight. Squats and hip thrusts are a great start.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.