[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Running shoes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

File: karrimortempo.jpg (147KB, 1425x1425px) Image search: [Google]
karrimortempo.jpg
147KB, 1425x1425px
I know that some of you run, so this is thread for discussing running shoes.
I order running shoes online. Where can I read some quality reviews? I ordered Karrimor Duma 2 shoes in August and they fucking broke. I had Karrimors previously as well and they are intact for 2 years. Now I want to order Karrimor tempo 4, but I can't find a site to read reviews.
>>
>>39080186

Reviews for running shoes are inherently a bad idea, because nobody reviewing the shoe has the same feet you do, same running mechanics you do, or in any other way is you. Also, if they like or don't like a shoe the odds are high that they don't have a good understanding of why the shoe did or didn't work for them. Go to a running store and get properly fit, or take a risk. Totally up to you.
>>
>>39080218
I want to know more of the quality. I've done pretty much everything with my old karrimors (running in rain, sprints, shuttle running, half-marathon).
The new karrimor's sole just broke off after some football indoors.
I'm pretty sure I can relate to someone if they cover just the basic quality. (Also due to lack of the reviews I had a wild idea to write my own reviews (though I can only review 2 pairs of shoes (and 1 more incoming soon))
>>
>>39080259

Maybe we're using different terms here. What do you mean by "quality?" I'm referring to the shoe's ability to prevent the body from absorbing impact, generally for about 400-500 miles' worth of running. Is that what you mean?
>>
>>39080496
not really. I'm talking about the shoe not breaking after 2 months, which happened to me :/
>>
>>39080524

Oh. Then pretty much go on price. There's a pretty clean demarcation point around $100 USD. Below that is stuff marketed for people into casual running and fitness, not really intended to go past 200 miles of use or so. Stuff above that gets to a point where more expensive isn't necessarily better, but it's a point above which you'll find stuff designed more for serious runners, and can handle 400-500 miles of use. Take the Nike Dart, Nike Pegasus, and Nike Vomero. The Dart costs about 50-60, Pegasus is 110, Vomero is 150 I think. The Dart will last about 200 miles, the Pegasus I usually get 500, and Vomeros I've had got me to 500 comfortably. Pegasus is an objectively better shoe than Dart, but Vomero isn't necessarily better than Pegasus (talking about objective durability here, not subjective comfort). This isn't to say all shoes over 100 are good for running. The Air Max 180 is "designed for running" but it's honestly more of a style shoe.
>>
Brooks Ghost Series. Best running shoes I've ever purchased
>>
>>39081164

Depends on the foot, depends on the person's preferences. My best buddy/running bro loves the Ghost. He has a wide forefoot and a narrow heel and likes a soft plush ride. My foot is narrow throughout and I prefer a firmer more responsive ride. Ghosts are great for him; they're just-fuck-my-shit-up tier for me. If you'll excuse the pun, your mileage may vary.
>>
>>39080259
>The new karrimor's sole just broke off after some football indoors.

Gee! I had the almost exact problem with a tennis racket. Brand new, does wonder on the court. Then I play some baseball with it. Breaks after I could even strike a home run!
>>
I wouldn't call myself an expert, but for me, shoes aren't something I would buy online based on reviews. I would go to a running shoe specialty store and try on a few different brands. I've done this several times and each time I end up going with a different brand than I had before, just because they feel better on my feet.
>>
File: 880v4.jpg (344KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
880v4.jpg
344KB, 1280x720px
>>39080186
New Balance is my favorite brand of running shoes. I've been using the same pair of shoes for years now. They're New Balance 880v4. Bought them because I was looking for running shoes with a wide toe box. I won't replace them anytime soon. Gonna patch up the outer sole with liquid rubber when I need too. They're literal perfection. I wouldn't change a thing about their design. These are the shoes but mine still look a lot nicer.
>>
File: T507N_5901_0010236915_FR_AAC.jpg (87KB, 550x412px) Image search: [Google]
T507N_5901_0010236915_FR_AAC.jpg
87KB, 550x412px
My asics are the best shoes I've ran in
>>
>>39080186
Karrimor are shit tier m8. Get some asics you can get them cheap on amazon don't buy dog shit running shoes they'll fuck your legs.
>>
File: 117970.jpg (247KB, 578x388px) Image search: [Google]
117970.jpg
247KB, 578x388px
>>39082967
What model are they? I have the cumulus 17 pretty good. I tried the 18 but there was less room in the toe I'm not keen on the only colour they had (pic related) but they're for running not a fashion show.
>>
are Adidas Ultra Boost really the best and comfiest running shoes?
>>
>>39080186
Been running for 10 years. started when I was 13. I think the NewBalance 990s are the best iv'e had. Currently I have Brooks Beasts and they're not that great. they hurt. I've also tried minimalist. its a meme
>>
File: NB Minimus MX20.png (464KB, 799x476px) Image search: [Google]
NB Minimus MX20.png
464KB, 799x476px
For some reason, I get really bad plantar fasciitis in shoes with any cushion whatsoever. As soon as I get a minimalist sole, the issues go away.

I run on my midfoot (almost exaggeratedly so) and have high arches/narrow feet. These have been the best running and walking shoes I've owned so far. They weigh about 200g each
>>
File: 107426.jpg (225KB, 570x377px) Image search: [Google]
107426.jpg
225KB, 570x377px
My favorite shoes were the Kayano Gel 19s.

Bought some Wave Paradox and while they were okay, they just werent the same to the Kayanos. Probably going to go back to them.Tried the Kayano 21s and they felt like walking on sand, which I didn't like.
>>
>>39080186
Honestly some shoes just aren't built to take punishment, there's a pretty big difference between cheap shoes and expensive shoes, you'll never regret buying quality. I'm perfectly happy to drop $200 on reasonable shoes

I play hockey and run in mine and I have to get proper trail shoes or they just go to pieces in about a year

Talk to a good shoefitter about your feet, or a physio, then get shoes that suit your needs

Some people have a better time in a minimal shoe, some fare better in a more stable shoe. I need stability personally. So I'm currently I'm in salomon crossmaxes, couldn't be much happier, have been wearing asics trabucos for years too.
>>
Hey while we're all here discussing running shoes, can anyone tell me if I can lift with running shoes?
I paid like $200 for a really nice pair of Asics, I was wondering if I can use them to lift?
>>
File: IMG-20160925-WA0010.jpg (1MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160925-WA0010.jpg
1MB, 4128x2322px
My favorite running shoe is the 4.0 sole on the Nike free's
>>
>>39087289
You can, but if you're going to squat or dead then you'll want something solid underfoot, running shoes are often cushioney

It's like squatting on a mattress

A pair of lifting shoes is a good investment if you intend to lift for a year or more, Wei rui warriors are like $60
>>
>>39080186
I rotate between Asics and Mizunos when I wear mine out.
>>
>>39086618

I like the supernovas better.
>>
File: waverider_6.jpg (16KB, 625x350px) Image search: [Google]
waverider_6.jpg
16KB, 625x350px
>>39080186
>Now I want to order Karrimor tempo 4, but I can't find a site to read reviews.

Go to a running shop, like Start Fitness. Speak to a member of staff there, they will direct you to someone who is likely to have few dozen marathons under their belt if they're a little older. Tell them if you're flat footed or if you're feet are different sizes. They're likely to spend a minute looking at your foot and asking you to walk about otherwise they're not doing their job.

Speak to them about running shoes, tell them you were asking for advice on the internet of a non specific fitness forum and they were telling you they play 5 a side with karrimor. Ask them their opinion on karrimor.

You will get 100 miles out of a pair of karrimor on a treadmill as opposed to 500 miles + outside in the rain and even then they'll still be better than a new pair of karrimor with mizuno or asics.

They only cost twice as much too. When you consider knee damage, shin splints and tripping stepping up a kerb while bonking twice the price is a bargain.

I wear Mizuno. Mizuno and other real running shoes come in a few different styles to fit your foot. I'm large, with wide feet and very slight waddle on inside of left foot. Real running shoe's can accommodate that, wanna know which ones... go to a running shop and ask someone who sells them for a living.

I have karrimor stuff, some of it's good value, but running shoes, I wouldn't even want to find out.
>>
>>39088597
A professional just entered this thread. Pay respect boys, we may never see wisdom of this caliber again
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.