[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Keto cheating

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: Never-Again[1].jpg (461KB, 735x1102px) Image search: [Google]
Never-Again[1].jpg
461KB, 735x1102px
How does one go about cheating on keto? Like can I have cheat days or should I stick to cheat meals? How will it affect me and what should I prepare for?
>>
>>39079025
When I was doing it, I did meals and combined it with carb up day. Just have one day with 1-2 carb meals like pasta or whatever floats boat. I never felt like shit but I also have a strong constitution.

Like any diet, you have to eat the right amount of what will keep you sane. Otherwise you explode and eat every shitty thing you can think of.
>>
>>39079191
say I'm out at an amusement park or mall or whatever, and buddies want to get a funnel cake. I don't suffer from autism so if they offer to share it with me, I'll probably say yeah. How do I deal with that? If it knocks me out of ketosis, how long before I get back?
>>
>>39079025
>>39079221
Why would you do keto to begin with? It's not really meant for long-term use, anyway.

You should avoid cheating on keto, but you shouldn't remain on keto for long anyway.
>>
>>39079247
what's considered long? Like is a 3 months long?
>>
Did they name this diet after Jared Keto?
>>
>>39079254
kys
>>
File: pepe-angry.jpg (40KB, 900x900px)
pepe-angry.jpg
40KB, 900x900px
>>39079254
hate this fuck boy so much, shit-tier joker.
>>
>>39079247
Why not? People have had success from spending years on it, for some people they literally maintain on it for over a decade, like Stephen Finney or Jeff Volek. These guys have spent decades researching keto. They prefer living on a keto diet.

>>39079191
Carb up days are dumb as fuck. Takes a couple days to start getting into keto, several weeks to be fully keto adapted, why would you constantly kick yourself out of it?

>>39079221
Just eat the funnel cake if you want to, it's your life and body. For me, the biggest benefit of keto is never being anywhere near as hungry as on high carb (former hamplanet so I was permanently peckish or worse). If I kick myself out, only thing I notice is I'll be constantly hungry for 2-3 days then stop being hungry again after like 3-4 days. Personally I avoid cheating as much as possible because that cheat meal becomes a cheat day, and that day becomes a week. If you can brute force through it, why not try it?
>>
>>39079252
I started getting a bad rash along my spine after a month and a half on a strict keto diet
>>
>doing keto
>ever

Retard
>>
>>39079750
what is your beef with keto?

>>39079744
ok
>>
>>39079778
It's a meme diet.
>>
>>39079799
what does that even mean? It's just a different method of losing weight.
>>
>>39079799
let me break it down for you familia. It's not more of a meme than any diet that makes you lose weight. There's nothing really special about it, sure, but different strokes for different folks. For some people, it's easier to maintain a keto diet. In the end, the deficit still dictates how much weight you lose. From doing a regular deficit diet, IF, and keto, I don't feel one has a benefit over the other. IF is great for hunger management. Keto is great because I feel like I can eat more since I can fill out the calories lost from carbs with good shit like ounces of turkey. Different roads to the same destination. No need to knock it until you try it. Granted I don't think I would bulk on keto, but I haven't tried it yet.
>>
>>39079818
>what does that even mean?
Lurk more or fuck off back to rebbit.

>It's just a different method of losing weight.
No, not everything that concords with your feelings gets to be mislabeled as a weight loss method. Please hang up and try again.
>>
>>39079726
>They prefer living on a keto diet.

probably because they're quacks and their income is derived from selling fad diet books

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2015/04/ignore-the-quackery-and-get-active/
>>
>>39079936
>muh anecdotes
Meme status confirmed
>>
>>39079949
>Lurk more or fuck off back to rebbit.
so you have no idea and just parrot stupid shit you see on /fit/, got it
>>
>>39079975
Ding Ding Ding. Found the newfag!
>>
>>39079968
>i'd rather shit on stuff that I just read about on the internet rather than trying out on my own
too memeta for me
>>
>>39079997
>I try anything I find on the internet no matter how stupid it is, gotta work on those n=1 confirmation bias gains

Sorry we don't all buy your bullshit meme diet.
>>
>>39080055
here's your (You). Have a nice day.
>>
>>39080134
Exactly the response I expected from babby. Don't let the door hit you on the way back to whatever meme dieter hugbox subreddit you crawled here from.
>>
>>39080200
Exactly the response I expected from babby. Don't let the door hit you when your mom drops off the hotpockets and interrupts you jerking off to CBTs
>>
>>39080225
>>>/global/rules/2
>>
>>39079025
>Like can I have cheat days or should I stick to cheat meals?

Well, regardless of what diet you're doing, "cheat day" isn't a thing. What you really mean is "I just totally quit my diet plan, I'll try to start again tomorrow."

A cheat MEAL is okay, sometimes, just understand that it will slow down your progress by that much. (but an entire day will stop it completely.)
>>
>>39079025
Keto is for diabetics. Search for the food insulin index at optimisingnutrition.
>>
>>39079025
I'd suggest cheating in baby steps to find how your body reacts. Eat like a couple of protein bars like the Quest brand ones because they have little sugar with lots of sugar alcohols.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.