[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Deadlift Form Help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

Hey /fit/ just hit my 6 month mark in the gym, lost around 65 pounds from 270 now sitting at 208, now I'm trying to be in a surplus and throw some mass on.
I'm a tall guy, sitting at 6'5, and a few comp lifts are hard for me being weak.
Is my form okay on deads? would like the tips/help, thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wD7M1lefPc&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>39073368
His ass is so out of proportion it looks like he's going full centaur mode.
>>
holy fuck are you lifting with both your palms facing outwards? I seriously hope that's just mixed grip and you're really bad with it. You'll snap your bicep either way if you keep this up since your arm isn't straight

your back is round as fuck too

you look forward instead of keeping your head aligned with your spine

overall your form is a complete mess and you don't seem to understand at all how to deadlift. Also lowering the weight is nothing short of a disaster

really just what the fuck
>>
OP here, and I'm doing mixed grip, how will I snap my bicep lol?
My arms are straight through out the video.
My back is round.. Yes, i know thats why i posted this video.. How do i fix this?
>>
File: arm.png (114KB, 192x311px) Image search: [Google]
arm.png
114KB, 192x311px
>>39073447
This isn't straight at all, you have weight no your bicep and when you DL heavy there's a chance you tear your bicep when you do this. And that shit is painful as fuck

really before you started lifting did you ever look at any video on how to deadlift at all? You've lifted for 6 months already. You keep your back straight by having it straight throughout the movement, you don't have it straight even when you start the lift let alone while you're performing it
>>
>>39073447
Dont use mixed grip. Just use double overhand.
I really don know what to tell you about your rounded back. I guess stand up straight and work on your hip hinge, make sure that your back doesn't round. It helps to practice your form with a mirror on your side so you can see yourself.
>>
Could you guys link to any DL video that I could watch? I feel I'm just not sitting back far enough in the DL.
>>
>>39073368
the fuck are you doing dude you are seriously going to injure yourself if you keep that up..
i am looking out for your best interest i know you said you been lifting for 6 months but it looks more like a week dude, not trying to come off as mean but just calling it like i see it
>>
>>39073510
>pic
god almighty. pls stop deadlifting
>>
>>39073510
jesus christ just stop lifting
>>
>>39073510
Yikes. Try a stiff leg deadlift at baby weight and work on keeping back straight
>>
File: 55cf5b0bf63ee80f7fe92e6fe967380c.jpg (162KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
55cf5b0bf63ee80f7fe92e6fe967380c.jpg
162KB, 1920x1080px
>>39073368
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AObAU-EcYE

watch this vidya OP.

You need to keep your back neutral. Lumbar rounded to all fuck. You will hurt yourself in a few months.

You need to keep doing double overhand and try to switch to hook grip when the weight starts actually getting heavy. I wish I did this earlier I only pull 375 and am stuck doing mixed for work sets which is bad. Keep that double overhand on as long as you can.

Keep your neck in line with your spine, don't look up. Chest up head neutral.

Make sure the bar travels in a straight path. You have good contact, but your are dropping your hips early otw down.

Don't lose tension in between reps.
>>
>>39073368
Horrible constant rounded back, horrible constant not straight arms and FFS don't let me started on the grip.

The compound movement when you came back down is a total mess.

Stop doing deadlifts. It's worthless to do this exercise with that form. And stop adding weights just for the sake of it. Form > weights. You're not in the gym to impress anyone, you're there to better yourself. It's clear to me that you should start from level 1 with an almost empty barbell.
>>
>>39073368
wtf... kys
>>
>>39073368
holy fuck dude, that is terrible form. first and foremost, see a doctor just to make sure you have no injuries because of that technique. just because you're not hurting, does not mean you don't have an injury waiting to happen.

next, drop the weight. go down to one plate if you need to.

now your form. work on your hip hinge. do not deadlift if you cannot hip hinge properly. look it up. watch lots of videos and practice your hip hinge everywhere. you can practice this standing anywhere. the hip hinge is the most important technique in the deadlift.

setup for your deadlift. instead of just bending down to grab the bar, do this instead:
-stand in front of bar
-face forward. do not bend your head down or anywhere else. use a mirror and peripheral vision to see your form. move your eyes if you need to. your head must face forward.

-hip hinge; as in disengage your hip, or more simply, push your ass out by tightening your lower back muscles and relaxing your ass

-lower yourself toward the bar AS IF YOU ARE LOWERING YOURSELF FROM THE DEADLIFT.

-grab the bar. pull it toward you. make sure your weight is on your heels, as far back as you can. remember, you're still looking forward,

-ascend. push your heels into the ground then start pulling with your upper body. you'll need practice to figure out the timing that works for you.

-top of deadlift. tighten your ass muscles. straighten your back. tighten pretty much everything you can tighten.

-descent. hip hinge. push out your ass. then lower the bar slowly, THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF YOUR ASCENT.

-lower the bar gently to the ground.

-let go of the bar. check your stance to make sure your foot width and such are fine.

-grab the bar and repeat all the steps above.
>>
>>39073447
>OP here, and I'm doing mixed grip, how will I snap my bicep lol?
At your weight you could continue to use double overhand, however if your grip is really suffering, your form will start to suffer too (yes, even more).

When grip starts to slip, lots of people unconsciously compensate with all sorts of really shitty deadlift techniques, and can even make your lumbar rounding even worse.

What I'm seeing here is that you have a natural lumbar from the top of the lift to about midway to the bottom during the eccentric movement, then you stop your hips prematurely and collapse your back to get it the rest of the way down.

Try lowering your hips more. You're a tall dude, you're going to need to start at a lower position than most.
>>
>>39073368
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2hT6JFKXTo
just google bicep tear deadlift, and click Videos. You'll never do mixed grip again.
>>
OP Here, thank you all for the comments.
I'm trying to improve, so the rude comments aren't needed - But for the ones that have helped me and posted tips, thank you. I'm going to return back and post progress later in the week - Thanks all.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.