[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starting strength a meme? I have been /swole/ before, and during

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: g45g.jpg (16KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
g45g.jpg
16KB, 251x201px
Starting strength a meme?

I have been /swole/ before, and during that time I was doing a much, much higher volume workout than what SS prescribes

now getting back into it, i want to try SS; but add 1hr of HIIT cardio at the end of each session

will this be a waste of time / energy ?
>>
>>39072774
+ swimming or 5km runs on a couple of rest days
>>
>>39072774
if u want to look good i recommend training for Hypertrophy, SS its a newbie meme and its STARTING just for 2 or 3 months
>>
>>39072774

1 hour of hiit?

You can do the lifts as part of your homemade program with all that cardio but it isn't starting strength.

Starting strength doesn't include cardio and it does include a calorie surplus.

You can call your routine starting strength but it won't be starting strength as riptits defines it.
>>
>>39072802
i dont care how i look, i want to be stronger fighter

>>39072847
ok i will do this:
SS program with HIIT and a clean bulk

thoughts?

thanks /fit/
>>
>>39072774
>1hr of HIIT
>I have been /swole/ before
>Starting strength a meme

Nice try.
>>
>>39073884

Boxer

Problem anon?

youre right, sprinters and other interval-training athletes arent swole at all, ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
>>
>>39074896
Yeah you really don't know what swole means.
>>
>>39072774
Okay I'll give you a non-meme answer. Yes SS is actually a good BEGINNER STRENGTH program. I ran it with no prior workout experience for about 1.5 years. I went from a 135 squat to a 315 squat, a 95lb bench to a 205 lb bench, 135lb deadlift to 330lb deadlift, and 65lb OHP to 135lb OHP. Those numbers are for reps of 5, not 1 rep maxes.

Yes it works. Yes you have to eat a lot like rippletoad says. No I didn't do GOMAD.

Now I've been running Texas Method for about a year. Currently doing SMOLOV to get my squats up, then I'm back on Texas Method.
>>
>>39072774
>Hiit
>Cardio for 1 hour
>>
>>39074954
10 x 3 minute rounds of boxing + rest time
running sprints and jumping rope hard
1 hour

problem?

i'm honestly asking
>>
What is your goal op? Do you want to go pro?
>>
>>39074929
u are rite, theze boiz are smol

lol @ cardio weaklings
>>
>>39074988

potentially

i just want to fight again
>>
>>39074991
Kimbo, Sapp, and Lesnar aren't really known for their cardio though.
>>
File: Dwain-Chambers.jpg (27KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
Dwain-Chambers.jpg
27KB, 615x409px
>>39074929
dwain chambers is 6'0" 205 lbs and single digit body fat. The only standard by which that is not swole is professional bodybuilding.
>>
>>39075017
this is getting into semantics, they still serve as a case in point.

can go 10 x 3 minute rounds = good cardio

obviously their styles rely heavily on the other guy not going the distance; the point is they are not bodybuilders, they are fighters.

so, SS or another program + HIIT modification is not unreasonable

Am i wrong?
>>
>>39075004
Stick to explosive exercises, like squat, deadlift, power cleans, bench and other variations, Onp, pull-ups. But do read SS, there is a lot of good info there. You can probably find it for free if you look hard enough.
>>
>>39074968
If you can do 1 hour of it is not high intensity mate
>>
>>39072774
no. basic compound lifts at a low volume and between 60 and 90 percent of your one rep max are not memes. you will see linear progression for several months as a beginner or if youre trying to re-acquire gains
>>
>>39074991
Not only are they not known for good cardio, they aren't even known for WINNING fights either.
>>
>>39075043
Not the anon you're replying to, but no, you're right I don't understand why you are getting memed when it's such a simple question. What you're proposing is a good idea. If you eat well and sleep well there's no reason why you shouldn't get stronger. That's it. Doing an hour of cardio afterwards or on rest days is not going to be detrimental in any noticeable way, as long as you eat and rest properly.

I don't know about training specifically for boxing, but common sense tells me that if you go and do SS you should try to add some accessory lifts that focus on building more explosiveness/power. Have fun, anon.
>>
>>39075068
Are you retarded?
>>
>>39075051
>>39075072
>>39075084

cheers /fit/

>>39075068
how long do you think sprint training goes for (including intervals) for land and water explosive athletes?

eg. pyramids; 70%, 80%, 90%, 100%, 90%, 80%, 70% etc.

the same applies in the ring buddy
>>
>>39072774
Starting Strength is for beginners as shown by the word starting.
>>
>>39075096
ok since /fit/ requires everything to be explicitly explained in painstaking and generally unessasary detail and never, ever, simply implied - i'm referring to taking the training routines in SS and combining them with HIIT, and asking if it is a waste of good time/energy/food

i got my answer, thanks board for the sincere answers
>>
>>39075131

desu the question isnt really meeaningful without knowing your starting lift stats

the point of ss is that you progress linearly. if youre capable of doing that: great, go do it. there's no reason why you wouldnt want to do that given your body is capable of it because linear gains are as quick as they can come

as you get stronger you have to add structure to your training where you tinker with volume and intensity and 'measure' your strength via 1RMs on a scheduled workout. without doing this you'd plateau, but you dont WANT to be doing this because the progression is inherently slower than linear

depending on how strong you already are you could be near this second phase already. the 1/2/3/4 is a close marker but if you can get more out of LP then hyou should do it

enjoy earnest response
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.