[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/QTDDTOT/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 338
Thread images: 31

File: 1474833596385.jpg (25KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
1474833596385.jpg
25KB, 460x345px
I have shoulder impingement currently, if I stop working my chest for a while will increasing back/trap strength eventually correct this?
>>
18, 71kg, roughly 20% bodyfat (Navy test) and been lifting roughly 3 months, should i bulk and ride the beginner gain wave as long as i can or cut down then lean bulk and repeat?
>>
Is the scoobys workshop meal planner good stuff or a shill?
>>
>>39050511
Bulk
>>
Do people that bring books/phones on ellipticals and stationary bikes on the lowest setting actually think they're bettering themselves or are they just trying to kill time?
>>
Gold standard whey or Prostar whey?
>>
File: IMG_4735.jpg (81KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4735.jpg
81KB, 600x600px
>eat junk food the entire week
>body aches, head aches, feel horrible, want to die, no energy...

How long will it take me to recover from my mistakes if I eat clean?
>>
>>39050732
Gold baby
>>
what do I do if I'm 300 lbs and know I'll never have a good body?

I've lost 60 lbs already, but the more I look at people who have lost 100+ lbs they all have loose sagging skin. Its like either way I'm fucked.
>>
File: 1476154556445.jpg (1MB, 1754x1239px) Image search: [Google]
1476154556445.jpg
1MB, 1754x1239px
I'm 23, work an office job part time and go to uni. I'm getting my teeth straightened and I have two options:

1) Invisalign for 18 months, no braces, less pain, may have some trouble talking but takes forever

2)actual braces for 6 months, more pain, more noticeable, but much quicker

They both cost the same so price isn't a factor between the two

Advice?
>>
What are signs of over-training? Sometimes I'm so fucking bored I do more sets and reps just to cover more time, and while I do feel fatigued, with longer rest periods in between sets I can keep going. I don't know when to stop or when it's detrimental.
>>
>>39050778

I'd go braces for 6 months. 6 months is nothing.
>>
>>39050778

I had the same dilemma, braces are definitely the better option. 6 months is basically nothing.
>>
Is doing bp&squat 2ce a week and ohp&dl once a week alright? I was thinking about adding pullups and chinups in rest days. Kinda like GreySkull
>>
I have minor scoliosis. I haven't had any pain or discomfort for at least a week now, maybe even a little more
Should I be fine to move from machines to free weights now?
>>
>>39050778
You probably want to go with the invisalign for aesthetic reasons. Just go with the classic braces. The fact that it it a whole bunch quicker is why I went with classic braces.

Think about this, you can either have nice fucking teeth by April/May 2017 or by April/May 2018. You don't want to be 25 with braces homie.
>>
>>39050761
300 lb recovering fatty here:

I know your pain m8. I just dipped below 200 and yeah my upper body looks like a fucking trainwreck. As long as you don't starve yourself and lose weight too quickly it should be ok. It's only troublesome if you go to quick and your skin doesn't have time to adjust from all the weight being gone.
If you DO get to that point, you will need to lose as much bodyfat as possible, then once you start bulking the muscles will help tighten back the skin.

I fucked up and lost weight too quick so now I have to deal with eating essentially one meal a day to look like a starving stretchy african in order to bounce back...but trust me I would much rather be seeing indents of ribs and muscle tone than a sad sack of fat.
>>
>>39050787
deep soreness that takes several days to go away is overtraining, as are any indicators of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhabdomyolysis

ultimately only you can know in any individual instance if you're working too hard or too long, so the best advice I can give is to listen to your body and err on the side of caution. Other than that, your body can recover from a great deal of abuse so long as you eat enough, drink enough fluids, and sleep a lot.
>>
>>39050807

You'd likely be better off doing the pullups/chin-ups after the more major lifts on your workout days.
>>
>>39050832

Thanks, this was exactly the answer I was looking for.
>>
>>39050329
I know jack shit about medical stuff but anecdotally doing a bunch of chins, pullups, and body rows (horizontal pullups) helped alot.
>>
Why can I do biceps and triceps work-outs indefinitely? How will I know I've done enough for my arms? I can do endless sets at
high weights. They don't get tired and I'm sick of 8-hour arm workouts.
I lift as heavy as I can without sacrificing form. I've also tried adding cheat curls but nothing works.
>>
>>39050960
Try having more scoops Mr Piano
>>
My gym only has barbells you cant add weight to. Can i do squats and deadlifts in the smith machine effectively?
>>
>>39051084
Kek. That was a joke, but I really do feel like I take way too long when I do arm accessories.
>>
Im a noob
Is OHP supposed to be this hard?
>>
I have shit low numbers. Not new to lifting but lost will to live for a while and lost gains.

I've been doing Upper/Lower/Upper, lifting with some calisthenics stuff, AxBxAxx.
I'd like to progress on OHP most, I do 5x5 for it but do 5x5 bench on the same day.

Is this buttfuck retarded and should I alternate my rep ranges for these two? Tell me what I'm fucking up.
Can post routine if required.
>>
>>39050960
I found doing drop sets was the only way I could tire out my arms. After doing mostly SS-type stuff for months I had no noticeable arm development so when I added curls etc I would finish off with a set of running down the rack to complete arm exhaustion.
I got stretch marks all down my arms within a few weeks so it worked but I'm sure it's not good advice.
>>
the 1/2/3/4 meme
is it for 1rm or for 5x5?
thanks senpai
>>
0.5kg / 1 lb per week is the optimal gain per week while bulking?
>>
>>39051484
anyone know the answer?
i can do one but not the other
>>
>>39051484
also wondering this guys
also a massive samefaggot
>>
>>39051484
>39051484
does anyone know the answer to this guy
also not a samefag
>>
>>39051484
Its a meme
>>
help
is 8 exercises per day too much for a noob
>>
>>39051638
depends what 8 exercises but probably
>>
How fast should I expect gains doing 1g per pound body weight?
>>
>>39051653
1g of protein per pound of body weight*
>>
>>39050531
Really? Even at 20% bodyfat?
>>
I do a lot of standing OHP to get the stabilizer muscles up. I'm new to lifting, but managed to get up to 80 pounds and can probably do 90 now.

Should I continue this or just hit the fucking bench and lift 120 like I know I can? Should I do both? The sitting first to fatigue and then finish off with standing OHP?
>>
what can i add to this to tone my upper body? i know tone is a stupid term, but it is a goid term for what i want

Monday and Friday

Squat (3x5)
Hip thrusts (4x8)
Leg extensions (3x8-12)
Leg curl (3x8-12)
Cable kickbacks (3x10-15)
Calf raises (3x10-15)

Wednesday

Deadlift (3x5)
RDL (4x8)
Leg extensions (3x8-12)
Leg curl (3x8-12)
Cable kickbacks (3x10-15)
Calf raises (3x10-15)
>>
>>39050511
>>39051682
yes build some muscle if you are getting too fat just ease the calories off a little,
Lean bulk all the way all the time
>>
>>39051745
Just deadlift more bro.
>>
>>39051703

Just pick one and get good at it. You can reevaluate when you start stalling on it.
>>
>>39051761
why? im a girl btw
will deadlifting do anything for my upper body? i was thinking of working out tues/thrus and doing incline db bench, shoulder flyes, seated rows and lat pull down but i dont want to work out 5x a week
>>
how has nobody answered this yet????
when people talk about 1/2/3/4/ pl8
are they talking about 5x5/3x5 or 1RM
>>
>>39051819

Usually 1RM.

But expecting consistency from /fit/ probably isn't the best idea.
>>
second month in the gym, i made my own routine,starting from Greyskull LP.
any suggestion?
>>
>>39051795
Oh I thought you were being funny since you just put leg stuff in your post.

If you're trying to do upper body you should start by doing upper body workouts. You could probably get away with hitting it once a week and then making your friday a full body routine where you take out some leg work and hit the arms harder.

Everything you just wrote works. I would do some cable flies too if you want your boobs to look fuller. Some tricep pulldowns and shrugs might be a good idea if you're going for a real fit look.
>>
>>39051834

You might be overdoing it slightly on the assistance work, but it'll hardly make or break the program.

Leg lifts aren't a 'lower ab' exercise though. The lower abs don't exist, it's all one muscle. What you're feeling on those is your hip flexors.
>>
>>39051854
thanks.
i might move some exercises to a non gym day.
>>
Is there some sort of program I can follow as a beginner using the weight machines, rather than free weights?
I know free weights are better. A year ago I tried teaching myself the technique but didn't get far. And I'm too autistic to ask for help and don't have any friends to spot me.
>>
How long does it really take for a muscle group to recover? I last worked out more than 48 hours ago but my muscles are still sore. I was planning to do a 24 hour fast today, I'm not sure if I should proceed with it or not. Does my soreness indicate that I still have not yet fully recovered and I still have gains to feed? I keep on reading that it takes ~48 hours for a muscle group to recover and someties DOMS persists even if muscles have recovered.
>>
>>39051928

Soreness has very little correlation with recovery.

Recovery time isn't fixed. It'll vary hugely depending on workload, diet, sleep, training history and so on.
>>
i have a knee injury that will be injured for the next 3 years at least. this means i cannot do anything lower body that requires weight intensive training, but i can still walk/jog/run etc (sprinting only in a straight line)
i am pretty much just chubby to be honest - i have some muscle due to high intensity manual labour over a few years of work because i can see and feel a noticeable difference when i tense, but my torso just looks... well, flat. there is no definition of any sorts anywhere unless i am in good lighting, in which case it is visible that i have a tiny chest.
in two months time i will be leaving on holiday with some friends. i'd like to lose enough weight so that my stomach (not so much my abs, but just the line down the middle) is visible.
is this possible in two months? i weigh 79kg and i am 5'7. can cook my own meals if need be

for reference - i look like 'builtfat' in this image, only with a smaller chest
>>
File: bodytypechart.jpg (64KB, 720x393px) Image search: [Google]
bodytypechart.jpg
64KB, 720x393px
>>39051951
>>
File: gjsb1d[1].jpg (71KB, 700x448px) Image search: [Google]
gjsb1d[1].jpg
71KB, 700x448px
>>39051928
>>
>>39051850
is db bench press same as cable flys?
should women even train traps?
>>
What should I do to fix a weak core + bad posture?
>>
How the fuck do I go to sleep. I've been lifting for like a month and my sleep schedule has been ruined. Im tired, but still have energy. I know that sounds like an oxymoron, but I dont know how else to explain it.
>>
>>39050329
just smash retraction 24/7 and go easy on back.

Depending on the type on impingement, I would say AVOID TRAPS. Traps have a tendency to crush the shoulder joint if they get tight, it fucked up my bursitis no end.

Do facepulls, chest supported/bench rows, seated V grip + wide grip rows. Do em twice a week at least. Avoid direct pec work but keep benching volume.

Should fix that shit right up. Retractyourfuckingscapula.wmv.
>>
>>39052073
Core work stand up straight
>>
New fangled, less than 1 month.

I see people say it a lot, but I still have no clue.
Wtf does SS mean?
>>
>>39052105
Starting strength it's a training program
>>
Should I be worried if I've not ate any meat all day? I know that vegetarians don't worry about it but that's because their whole diet is built to accommodate that fact.

At the end of the day, I suppose what I'm really asking is if all protein is equal, because if it is then a meatless day would be no worry. Help?
>>
>>39052105
>Wtf does SS mean?
>he didn't read the sticky
>>
How big of a percentage should fats make up in diet?
>>
what is the best app for keeping track of lifts reps weight etc... (free ones pleasE)
>>
File: obese-driver-1633348.jpg (1MB, 1132x1300px) Image search: [Google]
obese-driver-1633348.jpg
1MB, 1132x1300px
I am a fat ass. I want to lose weight to become a better cyclist and physically fit all around. Should I be doing very high reps to build up endurance while building strength? I want cardio fitness as well as strength.
>>
>>39052105
>>39052130
>it's a training program
Also a book of the same title. It might also mean superset, depending on context.
>>
>>39051745
someone help
>>39052007
>>39051850
>>
>>39052438
please this
>>
I thought the 1/2/3/4 meme was for reps, 3 sets?

If it's 1RM than I have 2/3/4/5
>>
Its Gym day for me - Greyskull - OHP,Rows,deadlift. Still want to go and work out but feeling like doing something different.

Any suggestions /fit/ - can be weights or cardio but something to inspire me.
>>
>>39051745
bench press (any variation)
Shoulder press (any variation)
Row (any variation)
Chin/pull up/pull down
>>39052007
The same muscles work>>39052007
>should women even train traps?
no reason not too you wont overnight develop a huge bull neck that you can't get rid of
>>
>>39052438
libre office calc
>>
>>39052630
come on you shitfesters
>>
>>39052615
Do sprints if you get bored sprinting you aren't sprinting
>>
is the 1/2/3/4 meme REALLY for only 1RM?
i thought it was for reps thats easy as shit i accidentally hit 1pl8 OHP fucking around today
>>
I just saw the vitamin D thread, and I was going to ask if my dosage is too much for vitamin D and zinc.

160ish pounds, 6'1"
About 35 mg zinc, 25 from half a vitamin and 10 from my multivitamin
Just bought some vitamin D pills 5000 in, my multi has 700 so 5700 is per day

Is that too much for either of those daily?
>>
>>39052638
seriously go to the app store type in fitness have a there are tonnes which are mostly fine depends what you want it to do
>>
>>39052660
Who ever said it was a hard challenge its just a thing that gets said all the time do the rest and you stop counting as beginner
>>
>>39052671
but as 1rm? i thought you had to hit it for 3x5
>>
>>39052675

It's always been 1RM.

No-one really bothers listing goals as 'for reps' because a) it starts a shit-ton of arguments over what really counts and b) if anyone really cares, its easy as fuck to convert between the two.

Besides, 90% of /fit/ is doing SS. Hard to have a 3x5 goal for a lift that the program never does for 3x5.
>>
>>39052689
awesome then i have 1/3/4 but my bench is only at 80lbs
>>
>>39052666
i just want it to keep track of the reps and weight. Also i have a shitty samsung s3 mini so the less useless flashy features the better
>>
What's a solid pre-workout meal you stick to and how long before the workout?
>>
>>39052691
How is your bench SO FAR below the rest of your lifts?
>>
>>39052691

Don't get too caught up in it. It's a beginners goal (for most lifters at least, girls and smaller guys its a bit different) and really it doesn't matter that much because there's so many variables involved in determining the weight someone uses. The load on the target muscles and progression matters more than the numbers by themselves unless you happen to compete in powerlifting or similar.
>>
>>39052717
well i only have the one pec so benching sucks balls for me
>>
File: time_paulryan_20111205_0519.jpg (20KB, 373x559px) Image search: [Google]
time_paulryan_20111205_0519.jpg
20KB, 373x559px
>losing weight
>lifts stalling
>weight loss starts stalling too
>start running 3x a week, heavy bag 2x a week
>always swim before my Monday workout
>ran last night
>back up to 2pl8 bench for reps just now
>when I was struggling for 205 after a full night's rest and energy

The fuck is wrong with my body? I'm having a better workout now just after swimming and after I started a lot more aerobic exercise the past ten days then before.
>>
>>39052723
wat. do tell us more.
>>
>>39050778
Normal braces you idiot invisalign is annoying as shit
>>
I'm 2 month into GS and I'm thinking about starting cardio?
Any tips/recommendations?
Is couch to 5k good?
Will I have to eat even more? (I'm bulking currently)
>>
>>39052079
Get up earlier, do some work work out, eat clean, and by 11pm you will be sleeping.

Try tu turn off the computer or some screens, if you play videogames try not to play after 10.
>>
>>39050744
a week, drink warm lemon water in the morning, every day for a month
>>
it's 7 am. i tried to fall asleep at 4 am. should i take a sleeping pill or drink some coffee and go to the gym? I've only slept once since my last work out and i know how important sleep is..
>>
>>39050778
How fucked are your teeth? As long as they aren't yellow I wouldn't bother
>>
This is a stupid question but is it better to do bench/rows and press/chinups together or bench/chinups and press/rows together
>>
>>39052792

Barely matters. I prefer bench/chin-ups, but that's solely because I bench with a hard arch and my lower back can get a bit stiff afterwards. Most people aren't going to have that issue.
>>
>>39051116
what the fuck kind of gym do you go to, planet fitness? if there are no powerlifting gyms or at least gyms with free weights around your area, then yes, use the smith machine, it's better than nothing, but I guarantee you that you have better gyms where you live but you're just too lazy for the commute or something stupid like that, whatever it takes, or you're never gonna make it.
>>
>>39052762
drink coffee and go to the gym if you feel your body is able to handle the stress, then fix your fucking sleep schedule as soon as you possibly can, also why are you waking up at 7am for the gym if you only slept 3 hours? I understand if you have work or school, but if you're waking up for the sake of waking up early when you haven't had enough sleep, it's a stupid choice to make.
>>
>>39052706
I use fitnotes
>>
>>39052856
>fitnotes by James Gay
lol
>>
>>39052834

i tried to fall asleep at 4 am unsuccessfully
>>
>>39052626
okay, the problem is they look kinda funny imo lol

okay does this make sense?

Monday
>Squat (3x5)
>Hip thrusts (4x8)
>Leg extensions (3x8-12)
>Leg curl (3x8-12)
>Cable kickbacks (3x10-15)
>Calf raises (3x10-15)

Tuesday
>Incline dumbbell press
>Dumbbell shoulder press
>Seated cable rows
>Lat pull down
>Tricep push down (is this necessary?)
[[[are these exercises in order btw and can someone recommend sets and reps ]]]

Wednesday
>Deadlift (3x5)
>RDL (4x8)
>Leg extensions (3x8-12)
>Leg curl (3x8-12)
>Calf raises (3x10-15)

Friday
>Incline dumbbell press (dunno yet)
>Seated cable rows (dunno yet)
>Squat
>Hip thrusts
>Calf raises (3x10-15)
>>
>>39052740
Anyone?
>>
>>39052663
Please advise
>>
>>39052729
just born without it bro
>>
File: plsnobully.jpg (11KB, 343x174px) Image search: [Google]
plsnobully.jpg
11KB, 343x174px
>>
>>39052986
Huh. There ya go. You're shits all fucked up. Learn something new everyday.
>>
>>39053010
yup i learnt you can't spell "your" faggot
>>
>>39052986
how did this happen?
>>
>>39053171
he already said you retard. Birth defect. try to keep up
>>
>>39052941
help
>>
What are some cheap foods that are great for cutting?

Can I live off raw oats alone?
>>
>>39053476
cico
>>
File: 1371796395189.jpg (77KB, 636x640px) Image search: [Google]
1371796395189.jpg
77KB, 636x640px
How do I maintain a workout plan if I'm depressed?

>start out well
>suddenly the feels hit
>before I know it two weeks with bad diet and no training have gone by
>realize that I never will build muscle and become strong
>>
>>39050329
>incline & decline benchpress
>incline & decline dumbell benchpress

Is there a point to do both on the same day? Or is it just more of the same?
>>
Which is better for sleep gains? Zma or melatonin?
>>
What are some exercises that work the lower pec region? I do a lot of flyes and dips alongside my bench of course, but it seems to only strengthen the upper portion.
>>
File: pain.png (1MB, 1300x1294px) Image search: [Google]
pain.png
1MB, 1300x1294px
PLEASE HELP /fit/

I started having dull pain a few days ago at point (1). It sort of spread around the area and dull pain comes and goes at point (2). Sometimes it hurts at points (3), right at the top of the pelvis. I am also getting this pain the exact areas on my left side, but right mainly. It occasionally shoots down my upper thigh (red arrow). I feel a slight pressure. I've been really bloated these past few days too.

The pain is dull, very light and hasn't got worse. It doesn't get worse with intense exercise, it actually feels better. However, due to the location I'm worried.I'm gonna go to the doctor, but could this be appendicitis? How quickly does it worsen?

Sorry for the weird photo, couldn't find a better one
>>
>>39053846
Your appendix is in one spot. It doesn't float around your midsection. Go to your doctor.
>>
>>39050329
If i sumo deadlift and front squat, will i be neglecting any muscles that i wouldnt get with only low bar squating?

Last week is the second time i snapped my shit up doing back squats, so im done with that shit. If those two exercises arent equivalent, whqt other accessories can i use?
>>
>>39053821
id say decline and flat isnt much difference, so just do inc db flat bb one day and inc bb flat db the other(maybe higher reps on the db variant)
>>
where i can find an online legit bulking plan? i need something easy to prep
>>
File: Heath_Ledger_Speedos_1.jpg (114KB, 490x700px) Image search: [Google]
Heath_Ledger_Speedos_1.jpg
114KB, 490x700px
Can I achieve this with only cardio and calorie tracking?

Is lifting needed? I'm starting from skinny fat I guess
>>
Best way to train legs with dumbbells?
Lunges enough?
>>
>>39054515
That is ottermode, which is literally no lifting. So he's
>>
>>39054532
Squat with them
>>
>>39054573
So he's...?
>>
>>39054638
Yes*
>>
>>39054597
Are DB squats enough for hamstrings?
>>
Jumping rope vs running: which is better?
>>
>eat on an aggressive cut (~400 below BMR)
>lift three days a week
>cardio on between days
>weigh myself
>gained 4lbs since last weigh-in a week ago
What happened
>>
How can you tell by yourself that you have proper form when lifting ? No shaking? Smooth motions? Seems like my first week on SS is ending with me focusing on form.
Also how long is spending too long in the gym for someone starting on SS?
>>
Started with SS and reduced weight a few times due to pain and poor form.

Switching to Greyskull LP because I want aesthetics and not huge legs.

Now it says to only curl on bench days and only chin ups on press days.
I've been doing both on both days. Am I overworking my muscles?
>>
File: 20161010_203746.jpg (332KB, 765x1645px) Image search: [Google]
20161010_203746.jpg
332KB, 765x1645px
>>39054515
Just live healthy and lift now and again.

I barely lift because I work so much but I'm probably ottermode.

Gonna start lifting more though as I'd like to be bigger.
>>
What is a nice brand of peanut butter that wont slowly kill me?
>>
>>39054958
Answer is always make your own
>>
>>39054979
how?
>>
>>39055017
Peanuts + butter + google
>>
>>39055064
where i can buy some google?
>>
Does it matter If I don't take count how much the bar weighs when tracking progress?
>>
>>39055069
look it up on duckduckgo.
>>
>>39055069
Before 1865
>>39054979
Alternatives for now?
>>
>>39050329
Is 0 calorie food such as pickles a meme?
>>
At what age is it too late to 'make it'? I'm 22 and I'm only just really starting to seriously get fit
>>
I have dumbbells galore, but I need to be able to benchpress and squat. No gym nearby.

Is this a good alternative?
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Gold-s-Gym-XRS-20-Olympic-Workout-Bench-and-Rack/5280822

is there anything cheaper /fit/ knows about? Please help.
>>
>>39054320
Your glutes. Try doing leg press. Angle the seat back more and use wide stance to target them.

Also get someone to teach you proper back squat form instead of snapping your shit up or giving up on them.
>>
So if I want to raise my daily caloric intake by 200-400 calories, would it be a bad idea to just drink an extra bottle of some off the shelf juice during lunch? Or would that be too "empty" for it to contribute to muscle and just end up making me fat?
>>
>>39055160
no, but its usually as tasteless as you expect

i personally guarantee that you can eat any amount of tomatoes and lettuce you want without getting fat.

of course this means no dressing no oil no nothing just hte vegetable

its mainly fiber
>>
>>39055358
Personally I just blended boiled broccoli and sprinkled some cheese on it for a nice broccoli soup.
>>
>>39055181
around 50 is very hard because of the decreased test and many health issue, id say that its kinda impossible after 60

before 30/40 you have no excuse
>>39055375
easy on the chesse that aint free
>>
I'm having trouble breathing/bracing during lifts - any tips? Like for deadlifts, idk what comes first: inhale, brace, or pull out slack. I'm overthinking it and it's messing me up. Any advice appreciated:

https://youtu.be/Op0rlLyF4nI
>>
My job works my back pretty hard, 40 hours a week.
Today I was on my 3rd week of gym. Did OHP and went for diddlies. 60-80-100kg for 5 reps each. Tried 110kg again for 2 reps later i felt like someone poked me with a stick. Went home and Im crying here.
Any advice on how to go about it?
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 375x667px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 375x667px
I wanna body sort of like pic related (I know things like genetics etc factor in but I just mean fit and well defined), but I'm paranoid about bulking. I'm at 17 percent bf right now on a strict cut, and the thought of bulking once I get down to 10 percent scares me. All my family is fat, and I'm afraid of gaining too much weight and doing nothing for my health.

Is this a stupid fear, or are there steps I can take to bulk as slow as possible and get as much of it to be muscle as possible?
>>
Fatass newbie here. I have a curl bar and two dumbbells that I use at home, because I like being able to workout at home as much as possible, though I plan on joining a gym in a few months or so. Is there anything wrong with using the curl bar for dl, squats, or overhead presses if it has straight (non-curl) a little more than shoulder-width apart? Money's not a huge issue so if it's a big deal then I'm willing to buy a straight barbell and more weights.
>>
Does anyone else not count sets/reps, but just active time on an excessive? I suck at counting in my head, breathing, and listening to music to stay interested all at the same time. Is this okay, or is there an easier way to keep track of my numbers?
>>
>shit OHP
>shit Squat
>decent bench
>decent DL

what do I do from here ? I could probably do linear progression for my OHP and Squat but there is no way my bench (2pl8 for 5) and DL (4pl8 for 5) will allow that anymore. Because of low ceiling I always did seated dumbell press instead and because of several setbacks and quarter-squatting for too long I am just getting used to squatting deep and can only do ~2pl8.

So where do I go from here ? Would love to do Canditos 6 Week program or so but I think my Squat would progress slower than it should that way...
>>
Can someone recommend me a beginner and onward dumbbell routine?

I live in a very small apartment, no space for a benchpress rack(for real), and I'm going to be here for 6 months so is there an option that can see me gain alot of mass within these 6 months?
>>
recommend me a cheap decent pre-workout?
>>
>>39055739
Different anon bumping for interest
>>
>>39055619
cut to 8-12% you have to have very VERY little muscle mass to look bad from that. Then just bulk to 15 and cut back to 12
>>
>>39055849
make your own by buying powder from places like powdercity
>>
Can anyone tell me if it's okay to just work with a barbell? I do T-bar for dumbbell flies. Am I missing something by not using Dumbbells? I found a barbell at the thrift store with some plates, but no Dumbbells.
>>
File: file.png (321KB, 641x480px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
321KB, 641x480px
where da video gains

I need some good lifting channels to keep up with
>>
>>39055739
make any of the decent routines, squat with dumbells. If you dont have heavy enough dumbells use bucket of water or whatever heavy shit you can
>>
>>39055911

you need them for isolation exercises

can probably get away with it starting off though
>>
>>39055325
Don't have access to any machines. Have a homegym (powercage, bumper plates, and adjustable dumbells)

Would any other exercises help? And yeah, i would def like to learn how to back squat properly.
>>
How do I get a fit bf?
Do fit guys only like fit guys, because I'm skelly twink
>>
I noticed a stinging pain in my lower back after my 3rd set of squats today. It's 2/10 painwise, and I'm wondering, should I stop working out for whenever and wait it out, push through it, or see a doctor?
>>
>>39056041
dont worry you deviant pervert of nature, plenty of strong muscled guys will love to make you their little cum swalloing bitch BECAUSE youre skinny
>>
I don't know if I should make a separate thread to get more views or if here is better, but I'm a 20 year old 5' tall girlish with a sex and hormone disorder. It's hard to explain, but basically I look like an ugly hairy girl and have an adult man's amount of Testosterone in my body, and little to no oestrogen. Don't ask about my downstairs, it's a mess. Doctors can't do anything to fix me, so I've decided to just embrace this life and get really fit and separate myself from society (lol) and then dedicate myself to the church in my grandparent's origin country in Europe. Literally I just don't want to be fucked around by refugees which is why I want to get /fit/ first, and have some semblance of an identity not based in feminism.

Right now I'm at almost 20 percent body fat according to a male calculator, and 25 ish according to a woman's. I'm dieting down as low as I can get, possible to around 12 percent or 10 for a male, and in the meantime I've been following a strict lifting routine 4 times per week, doing an alternate of light and intense cardio 6 days per week.

My questions are
>is following a men's calculator for bf percentage okay because My system is testosterone based? Or should I be following a woman's? I want to be as accurate as possible because I'm going for the swole look lmao
>will I be able to follow the advice here and get roughly similar results to that of a short man?

Idk if you guys have anything to give me, no doctors here can tell me anything because they don't know either. Maybe if you've come across a website, or have general tips.... Thank you
>>
>>39056065
Great, but how do I find them though
>>
can someone recommend sets and reps for these exercises

>Incline dumbbell press
>Dumbbell shoulder press
>Seated cable rows
>Lat pull down
>Tricep push down

its a part of this >>39052941
>>
>>39056109
you can get laser hair removal

since you probably dont have the fat distribution of a girl, you should follow a man's or get a professional scan.
since you have the test of a man, you probably will build muscle like a manlet.
what's the name of your disorder? sounds interesting?
>>
>>39056151
depends on your goals and shit. generally, larger muscles (accessories) = 2-3 sets x 8-12 reps
smaller muscles = 3-5 sets x 10-15 reps

so all of the listed exercises work major muscle groups
tricep pushdown works a minor muscle group (triceps)

i recommend doing a structured program tho
>>
>how much of your proteins and calories do you get from shakes?

i eat 3 shakes a day.
1 whey in the morning
1 whey after workout
1 Macro:meal shake from myprotien with my dinner.
>>
File: furious.jpg (76KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
furious.jpg
76KB, 640x640px
are furious pete natty?
>>
>>39050511
>navy test
>18

Hahahahahah hahaah

Sup ya fuckin booter. The navy rope and choke test is bullshit get an actual body fat percentage done.

Work out
>>
Is it normal to fart a lot? I know consuming a lot of protein causes monster farts but what the fuck? I feel like I'm constantly either passing smelly gas or bloated. I eat the recommended amount of fiber, and about 1-1.2g of protein / bw.
>>
>>39056265
he kind of looks like a manlet

how tall is that guy

if he's like 5'6 he might very well be
>>
>>39056287
lol
im farting like crazy aswell, started when i started this high protein diet, i think its quite normal.
my poops are very normal aswell, im also eating a lot of fiber
>>
>>39056109

Curious about downstairs
Post vagoo
>>
>>39056289
he is 6'2
>>
>>39056276
Navy test is fairly accurate to within a couple of % points of caliper tests on most people. All that matters is you are consistent with measuring to track change.

Not everyone is autistic enough to get a float tank test done
>>
I can't do chin ups, is it okay to practice first on a pull-up machine or is there an other method?
>>
File: 4bhgHOS.jpg (75KB, 653x489px) Image search: [Google]
4bhgHOS.jpg
75KB, 653x489px
Skelly here. Do weight gainers work? Why aren't they recommended that often?
>>
>>39056180
Honestly I'm not really interested in hair removal, or makeup or anything. I used to be, but it feels like puppeting, or faking womanhood and I just want to take up as less space as possible.

And you're right, I do have male pattern fat distribution as well as my hairline, my voice, etc. I have a bit of breast tissue development, but more like that of a chubby guy since it's not even enough for an A cup bra. I imagine it's only there because of my weight gain also.

Uh, honestly I'm not sure it's exact name? It's in the bilateral ovotestes hermaphroditism category. Once I hit age of consent, I withdrew from all testing and therapy that my parents made me go to. There's no cure, so I couldn't understand why doctors kept wanting to see me... Although now I do understand the importance of their prodding. I have a responsibility in having such a rare condition, you know? So I leave blood and tissue samples for testing once in a while when they run out, as far as they know I'm the only one in the area like this, but since this disorder is not hurting me I really dont want to play an active part in the testing.

I'll probably just... Pretend I'm an unfortunately short male lol. I only ID as female because of my parents really, they raised me this way but it always felt. Odd.

Thank you for your response btw. We're all gonna make it bruh
>>
>>39056422
you can use the assisted machine but also try this:

grab the bar and try to lift yourself up as hard as you can, that is one set
do 5 sets of that

keep doing it, honestly each set try to lift yourself as high as you can.

do it constantly and youll get one done eventually

also if youre too fat lose wegith
>>
is it normal for your left arm to be weak as shit compared to your right arm? i started lifting a week ago, and when im doing benchpress my left arm just kinda gives up around when my right arm is barely getting tired

6'2" skeleton though
>>
Had anyone tried starting a fitness instagram for the free shit by sponsors? I know myprotein gives away stuff. I'd hate to show my face though
>>
>>39056491
Nah, I'm just DYEL. Starting lifting two weeks ago, although lifted before summer, but only for like 1,5 months. How can I check if my form is bad? I don't want to be ridiculous filming myself at the gym, and I don't know anyone who lifts well, and I trust.
>>
>>39056525
its kinda normal, try fapping with your left arm
>>
>>39056428
>>39056428
of course they work, make sure to get decent ones tho.

Also milk + protein whey is usually cheaper so...
>>
>>39055329
Juice is very fast sugar, eating complex carbs would be better. Faster sugar means it will become energy faster and if u dont use it it will be stored as fat
>>
>>39050761
you might never have a good body. But you might be able to have a decent one.

But a decent body is better than a shitty one
>>
File: 1450107192505.png (201KB, 476x378px) Image search: [Google]
1450107192505.png
201KB, 476x378px
>>39056465
I'm gonna be that dick and ask for pics.

Also isn't it really confusing because at this point you're basically a transvestite.
>>
File: Untitled.png (633KB, 594x654px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
633KB, 594x654px
just started working out, what do I do to fill in my sides so they don't have such a weird looking angle like in pic related

I have birthing hips and they make it look like shit, is it obliques?
>>
>>39056628
yeah work the obliques more, but that really isn't weird at all, nothing to be self conscious about
>>
>>39056535
>How can I check if my form is bad?
look at online videos

if youre still not sure, record yourself and post it here, make sure to edit your face out somehow, do not expose yourself to buylling
>>
>>39054515
Requires zero lifting. Cardio and diet will get you there
>>
File: 12340824029.jpg (31KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
12340824029.jpg
31KB, 853x480px
Can you live off of supplements alone?
>>
omg ok can someone tell me if this is effective and makes sense???IM NOT GOING TO DO STARTING STRENGTH. i dont really care about my upper body btw, i just dont want to look dyel

Monday
>Full squat (3x5)
>Hip thrusts (4x8)
>Leg extensions (3x8-12)
>Leg curl (3x8-12)
>Calf raises (3x10-15)

Tuesday
>Incline dumbbell press (3x8-12)
>Dumbbell shoulder press (3x8-12)
>Seated cable rows (3x8-12)
>Lat pull down (3x8-12)
>Tricep push down (3x10-15)

Wednesday
>Deadlift (3x5)
>RDL (4x8)
>Leg extensions (3x8-12)
>Leg curl (3x8-12)
>Calf raises (3x10-15)

Friday
>Incline dumbbell press (2x8)
>Seated cable rows (2x8)
>Full squat (3x5)
>Hip thrusts (4x8)
>Calf raises (3x10-15)
>>
>>39056757
Just do Starting Strength
>>
I have a welding machine, in theory I could build my own power/squat/barbell rack, etc.

But, should I?
>>
>>39056868
yes, its not hard.
>>
>>39056955
Should I use aluminium or iron?
>>
>>39056991
IRON YOU PIECE OF SHIT, take a good look at what cross section most machines use and use a bit more.

If youre not a poor hillbily and actually attended college you can do the structural calculations for it, maybe this way you can actually do it with aluminium
>>
>>39056711
no
>>
>>39055925
Are you saying to pick any standard barbell routine like SS but switch the exercises with DB exercises?
>>
>>39056703
Thanks!
>>
I'm poor. I need to buy a good barbell. Can I do better than this one:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Gold-s-Gym-100-lb-Vinyl-Weight-Set/21672519
?
>>
My squat flexibility is shit, my ankles get off the floor before my ass moves 5cm down. What's a legit-looking, well thought out program for increasing ankle flexibility? Bro science not appreciated.
>>
>>39056786
no. i dont care about strength and looking dyel
>>
>>39050960
Bump for this, I have a similar issue
>>
best way to grow arms quickly?
i think my ceps are lacking the most
>>
>eat 2 cups oats every day
>with chia seeds
>+ veggies every dinner
>only poo once evry 6 days
>visiblu bloated with feces nearly every day of the week

What gives
>>
>>39057019
There are thicc aluminium rods too, you dipshit.
>>
>>39057634
Need more fiber and lactobasillus.

Your veggies may be over cooked.
>>
>>39057634
Do you drink coffee? If not you should start. I have a nice poop every morning after my first cup, it's the best way to start the day/
>>
>>39057746
Yeah i tried coffee today. 4 cuos thus morning, nothing. 10 cups this afternoon, nada.
>>
>>39050329
can i work my whole body doing only muscle ups and pistol squats?
uni + work started and i got extremely busy
>>
How important are rest days? Currently I go to the gym 5 times a week and the other two days (thursday and sunday) I play field hockey, so cardio I guess. So current schedule is ABCHABH where H is hockey. Then next week it will be CABH etc etc so ill keep my ABC rythm going. TLDR should I take more rest days or fuck that
>>
Q: Best lifting shoes on a budget in the UK?
>>
How to fix rolled over shoulders?
>>
>>39057635
yes but you must know how to calculate the structure you inferior non student fag.

me being a superior engineering masterclassrace am sure you will screw it up. Youre gonna eyeball it wrongly and crush yourself in the face with a structural component

which in hindsight is a good idea because of your total idiotness, go ahead and do it my day punk
>>
Getting started. Doing a bodyweight progression for now, will likely transition to free weights later. Goals are primarily mobility/tricks or whatever the hell you'd call it, particularly for dance, hence body weight; secondarily, aesthetics, and lifting heavy things third.

Question: If I'm doing enough that I'm reaching failure and getting DOMs, does it matter how many sets I do? E.g., did 2x6 of the pullup progression yesterday, is there a benefit to trying to switch to 3x4 or 1x8 or whatever?
>>
>>39057860
there's no reason to not just start with free weights. Bodyweight will get you nowhere fast.
>>
File: IMG_1520.jpg (129KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1520.jpg
129KB, 1136x640px
>Finish first MMA class after years of no exercise
>Was difficult, but I walk out feeling okay
>Go to sit down, wriggle foot into trainer
>My calf muscle spasms and feels like it's twisting on itself; have to ask someone for an ice-pack
>After 10 mins I can walk home
>There's now a bruise on the lower half of my calf
What happened? Nothing touched my calf, everything's was fine until I went to put my trainer on.
>>
>>39057926
don't have access to free weights currently; will later. Also bodyweight stuff is required anyway for the dance class I'm taking.

it's okay though, I knew I'd get idiots decrying bwf who couldn't actually answer a simple question
>>
>>39057930
>schooling lunks at local MMA with my superior ninjitstu
>here comes an easy target, a white belt ronin (translator's note: ronin means student without a master)
>teleports behind u
>ninjustsu 5 finger calf punch
>"Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru"
>teleports away
>watch through MMA club windows as my latest victim applies an ice pack as my dark chi causes a muscle to spasm and tear

Nothing personnel
>>
>>39050329

I've just started doing exercise etc after being a slob for most of my life

Doing side lateral raises even with 5kg hurts and is hard for me, am I doing it wrong?
>>
>>39057999
Nice trips senpai, any ideas on my spontaneous bruising?
>>
>>39057292
Halp please
>>
>>39058014
It's alright. You're not really expected to go super heavy on that exercise. Lower the weight and progress where you can my man
>>
Best creatine for the price?
>>
are barbell glute bridges and barbell hip thrusts basically the same except one you do starting from the ground and the other with support of a bench(place your upper back there) without letting your butt touch the ground?

asking for my gf(And now I have an excuse to do it so it can aid on my diddlylift)
>>
I had surgery on my wrist a while back to fix a broken scaphoid now I have a permanent screw

Most pressing movements with a barbell like benchpress or OHP cause me pain in that area of my wrist if I let my palm bend back, but even if I keep it in line with my forearm it hurts a little

DB exercises don't cause much pain so should I stop doing barbell exercises and replace them with DB bench/DB press?
>>
>>39058045
looks on craigslist
>>
Low-fat yogurt or non fat yogurt?
>>
>>39056590
Lol, but no. I have a valid medical condition. I didn't choose to be this way, and I try to hide it as best as I can. Transvestites are creepy most of the time, attention seeking, and really have no excuse. Their identity is rooted in their sexuality and they flaunt it around. We'll never even be in the same league t b h lmao
>>
>>39057848
DUDE COLLEGE UNI LMAO

you can attempt to talk shit to me once you graduate into the real world.
>>
>>39050329

Ctrl + F "External Rotation" - Zero results found

You can fix this pretty quickly with a bit of cable work and discipline.

Foam roll the rotator cuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDRHCHxfv-I

Then with a cable machine. Perform the following at a light/moderate weight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFnx9sA_LCs

Do this until you wake up without pain...(I fucking know you wake up and your shoulder hurts don't lie to me)

Then when you start pressing again (benching whatever)...warm the fuck up correctly so you don't injure yourself again.

some faggot
>>
>>39058060

Thanks. I just wondered if I was doing it wrong because the starting weight varies across the various popular dumbell exercises. I'm thinking of switching to SL once I get help from a physio for my quads but going to use dumbells in the meantime even if I can't really exercise my back with them, some lifting is better than none, right?
>>
>>39058378
I did, I live in Orlando and everything costs far more than this.
>>
Skelly trying for otter mode

Been working out since April and made small gains but in the last month, i seem to really be making gains

Is that normal and should i be worried about a plateau?
>>
Last workout, I went down to parallel in my squat, and when I started back up I would get this sharp stinging in my outer quad area, just for a few seconds. It wasn't bad at first but after a few sets I had to stop. What's going on here? I just deloaded btw, maybe need to drop more?
>>
>>39058585
you're going to plateau eventually, and have to start eating more/change your program. Stick with noob gains until it stops working
>>
File: greyskull.png (37KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
greyskull.png
37KB, 700x600px
>>39056757
Do this or SL if you aren't going to do SS.
>>
>>39054732
You expected instant results, guarantee it's just water weight fluctuation. Weigh yourself in another week or two
>>
>>39050329
What this dude says >>39058452

Impingement is generally caused by lack of subacromial space

Lateral and medial rotation strengthens subscapularis and teres minor which both act to depress the humeral head relative to the acromion leaving more space for the neurovascular structures to pass through without impingement
(medfag btw)
>>
File: Untitled.png (7KB, 578x500px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
7KB, 578x500px
>one leg barbell squat variation with no box
What's the name for this?
>>
I need some mathematical assistance with my protein intake.

Estimate of my weight - absolute maximum of 10 stone, which I believe is 240 lb.
Estimate of protein requirement - /fit/ says 1g of protein per lb mass if you're lifting, which sadly I am not, regardless I shall use this figure as I plan to start lifting next month. 240g.

My current intake:
2 litres of semi-skimmed cow's milk lasts me 4 days, so I think that's about 20g of protein per day.
My morning oats add up to about 10g per day.
400g of skinless, minimally processed chicken fillets lasts me 3 days (should I be eating more?) I have no idea what that is in protein.
I also consume my 5 a day meme of fruit/veg and I also have about 125g (before cooking) of white rice per day. I have no idea what that adds up to.

So /fit/, am I even close to what I need?
>>
Can I lift 4 times a week when doing SL?
>>
>>39058447
>once you graduate into the real world.
haha, your girlfriend will probably be ugly, but ill steal it just to show you your place. Youll find out when youre working at mcdonalds and we show up to eat
>>
>>39058720
The sticky is generally correct, but its protein estimates need a lot of work.

As I imagine you're a "fat as fatass" type guy, you likely have a lean body mass of around 140-150lbs. You only need 1g of protein per pound of LBM, or 0.8g of protein per pound if you're a normal weight.
>>
>>39058858
>As I imagine you're a "fat as fatass" type guy
While the very fact that I even asked the above question is proof that I don't know a damn thing - with all due respect, I weight an absolute maximum of 10 stone, how the hell can I be fat?

Anyway, for reference, I can see the bottom of the bone in the middle of my rib-cage, so I doubt I've got that much fat on me. I've also got a sub-DYEL level of muscle.
>>
>>39058713
That there looks like a lunge
>>
Question about SL. Are you supposed to rest all weekend or just go every two days?
For example, is it AxBxAxx B etc
or AxBxAxB xAxBxAx etc
>>
so gf wants to lift but is happyy with her legs(theyre pretty nice and bigger than guys without even lifting) and just wants to target glutes

what the fuck do I put her doin on the gym?
>>
>>39052986
hey man your pecs don't look identical
>>
Do you eat a lot of rice? I ate tons of it but apparently it is cancerogenic. Should I switch to pasta?
>>
Any tips on incline DB Bench Press, specifically on getting the DBs up for the first rep? I can do reps with 65lb DBs, but I can't get them up for the first rep without help, and it sucks needing a spotter for this every set.

I do start with the DBs on my knees, and kinda knee them up as I start falling backward onto the bench, but they get stuck about halfway, and I usually can't push them all the way up.
>>
>>39058936
Have her squat on your dick homie
>>
If a fat guy works out and cuts at the same time, what is the result? And if he doesn't cut and maintains the same eating habits (but gets the necessary amount of macros)?
>>
Is 1/2/3/4 really the benchmark for an average athlete/gymgoer?
>>
>lifted for about 3 months before stopping for about 2 years, had small gains since skeltal mode
>still skeltal mode, going to bulk hard

In terms of results, should I expect to still get beginner's gainz, or will it be a slower process since I had that small 3 months of lifting?
>>
What are some good staple foods besides the usual? I live on my university campus and have 2 meals a day at the food court, and they always have different staples. My diet for the past week has been chicken, rice, veggies, fish, and protein farts.

I'm trying to eat healthy while retaining the muscle that I already have. I've been lifting heavy for a bit over a year but ate like shit while doing it, so I'm muscley-fat and the goal is fuarkin ripped cunt.
>>
>>39059368
More chicken
>>
>>39055458
pls respond
>>
File: 1471996537765.jpg (93KB, 600x807px) Image search: [Google]
1471996537765.jpg
93KB, 600x807px
>>39050329
hey guys, im a intermediate lifter doing madow 5x5, but i want to go to the gym more than the 3 days alloted in the program

does anyone know a decent 5-6 day a week strength program?
>>
How long does a pump usually last? I need to time my workout around my first class tomorrow, but I also need to get in early enough that I don't hit the big crowd at the school gym
>>
>>39058897
Rest on weekend, it's a 3 day split
>>
When it comes to cutting, it's the gut and face that lose fat the slowest/last right?
>>
>>39059861
Usually yes, though depending on how much fat you have to begin with and how you store it, you could start seeing progress quickly
>>
>>39050329
My daddy bf fucks my ass and jerks me off several times a day. Is it bad to cum 3-4 times a day? He's pretty fit and cums inside me every time. But I think he's just high test.
>>
I start coughing and shit after most sets, which I'm assuming is due to my past smoking habits, in which I smoked packs on packs daily. But that was like 3 years ago, and I haven't smoked since, I guess I'm fucked?
>>
Has anyone else's glutes become so large that they have to spread their buttcheeks out when they sit on the toilet?
>>
The SL site says not to add any exercises, but I haven't seen evidence any great physiques come out of SL. Will adding a small number of isolations stall my progress to the point of fucking up the program?
>>
>>39060027
kek
>>
>>39059368
Adding onto this, what's good to drink with my meals besides water that has some flavor? I've been drinking cranberry juice but I was worried about the calories and sugar.
>>
File: 20161012_203225.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161012_203225.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Help. I hate my body because I'm an ugly fuck. About 165 4ight now at 5'8" manlet status. I value strength and overall size over shredded, but no where near either of those.

Wanted to kill myself sub 160 for being scrawny. This is me now not sure of bodyfat percent. Should I go bigger and worry about a longer cut later or cut back down now and work up?

fuck
>>
File: 20161012_203207.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161012_203207.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>39060073
from front
>>
Today I tried to do my OHP of 60 lbs, which is basically just starting as far as SS goes. I tried to lift that and got 4 reps, beyond that I couldn't do anymore. I went back to 55 lbs just to see if I could do it and I could only do 3 reps, when last week I did the whole 3x5.

Is it just my muscles being tired after pressing a higher weight? Should I really just try (three stalls) at this weight (60 lbs) when I couldn't even do 1x5?
>>
Anyone know of some good all-around gym shoes?
>>
>>39060065
You really gotta learn to stomach water, m8. If tap is shitty in your area like it is in mine, get a filter bottle. Otherwise unsweetened tea is a calorie free option. I know people that swear by that Mio water stuff, but it'll slow you down in your adjustment to mostly water
>>
>>39058887
You said 240 pounds, which is fat for any sort of man unless you're like 6'6". 10 stone is 140, not 240.

So either way, your math was way off.
>>
>>39060089
I adjusted my grip width and I think I might have been doing it too narrow, I'll try again next week the right way
>>
>>39060073
>>39060087
I'm guessing 14-15% bodyfat? I'd say bulk.
>>
>>39060089
OHP is typically the slower lift to progress in due to the relatively small size of the muscles used in it. Squats grow quickly partly due to the fact that the muscles used for them are your largest ones, thus making them grow quicker. OHP deals with smaller muscles so they won't grow near as quick.

That being said, check your form. Going from 60 lbs to 55 is about a 10% deload which is on the low end of typical for that, but if your form is bad then your fatigue will show up worse. Try for the 60 again and really focus on keeping your core and glutes tight on the push. If you find yourself cranking out less than 5 reps on that first set, deload to 55 again and do the remaining 2 sets
>>
Is this thread dead, I have an emergency question.
>>
>>39060414
Whatup anon
>>
>>39060508
how do i gain force of will?

like, in life

i have no troubles going to the gym, and even dieting but all the other things in my life cost me horrors, reading, studying for college, practicing my instrument. Besides my fitness im a very lazy person
>>
>>39060508
While squatting today I fucked up. I honestly don't know how I did but I fucked up. Now my lower back HURTS , I kept my upper back tight as fuck so I don't know what went wrong other than while holding the bar I spread my legs wider to dip further and my stomach being loose as always since I don't have abs to keep it tight.
>>
Are resistance bands a meme?
>>
>>39060555
Take a few days off. You probably wound up doing a really bad "squat morning" with the back extension and might have pulled something. If you're still hurting in 3-5 days, then you might need to get it checked out. If not, then reduce the weight you're using, and try and get a form video to see where you're messing up.

>>39060595
Depends on what they're used for
>>
>>39060612
Examples? I can tell for rehab they're great but say bored at home noobgains
>>
>>39060612
That fucking sucks because I have made many squat webms and every time I post em here I anons say I'm squatting fine.
>>
>>39060522
As in procrastination? Make a schedule, break things into small steps and begin those steps at an allocated time.
>>
>>39060647
>say bored at home noobgains
Technically better than nothing, but you're going to reach their max benefit within a few weeks

>>39060648
Was today just an off day, then? You said you couldn't keep your stomach tight, so do you do any core work?
>>
>>39060686
No I'm just doing SS. And today wasn't an off day.
>>
>>39050744

just detox (drink only water for 3-4 days) if you feel bad under it it's because it works if it feels good it's because it works.
>>
>>39060141
Chucks. Cheap and usable for all lifts, rather than expensive oly shoes you cant diddly in
>>
>>39060702
If you're having trouble keeping your core tight, then you might benefit in doing some core work. Not 250+ crunches on a bosu ball memeshit, but something like a couple sets of weighted cable crunches and back extensions until you feel more stability
>>
>>39060755
I guess so. I just have a huge problem keeping my ass , shoulder blades and my core tight. I don't know how you guys do it. It's hard to do it while squatting.
>>
>>39050329
/fit/ PLS HALP

Currently doing SS. I was in the gym and asked the PT to check my deadlift form. He told me I need to use the mixed grip until I get good form.

I haven't finish reading SS but I don't think the PT has a good form. He tells me I need to butt wink and not bend my knees so much, he barely bends them. I guess he is doing romanian deadlifts but he just all them deadlifts.

Also, is leg pres useless if I can squat with the barbell?
>>
Are accessories important for someone starting out SS?
>>
File: fitlegday1.png (1MB, 1272x877px) Image search: [Google]
fitlegday1.png
1MB, 1272x877px
Is TM a better routine or PPL during a bulk? I like the vol - recovery - intense style of TM but the lack of accessories = no aesthetics.
>>
>>39061083
Probably if you don't want to go full t-rex mode. Do the ones that are on the book like tricep extensions.
>>
>>39061073
Get a video of your deadlift form next time you're doing them. You should hold off on doing mixed grip until you're unable to hold the bar during your working set.
>>
What does someone who looks DYEL look like"?
>>
Does anyone have experience with Yohimbine HCL? I am looking to buy some as I'm cutting down and am curious of what others have experienced.
>>
>>39061130
So I shouldn't do mix grip?

Will post video as soon as I get to the gym.

Also, since the PT (it's "free" since it comes with the gym membership) tells me to do it should I just tell him to fuck off?

How do I do this without looking like an autist who just got off his basement? He is probably going to tell me "I have lifted for more years than you".
>>
>>39055888
I dont even know what the fuck I'm supposed to buy for preworkout, I know about creatine and that's it.
>>
>>39061192
>So I shouldn't do mix grip?
If you can keep hold of the bar, there's no need to at the moment. The longer you hold off on switching to mixed, the better your grip strength will be, but eventually you will switch.

As for the PT, he can't really make you do anything, even if he's standing there watching you. If he talks to you about it, tell him that this is the type of deadlifts you want to train, and this is how you were explained to train them. If he gives you shit, tell him you appreciate the concern, but this is what you're wanting to do. He can't do anything more than that unless he proves you're going to hurt yourself, and if he does that, find a new gym or just go when he's not there.
>>
>>39061270
Thanks m8. Probably going to make him mad but it's going to be worth it.

What about the leg press? Rippetoe says it's useless once you can squat, is that true?
>>
>>39061294
It's not useless, just less useful. Use it after you squat.
>>
>>39061264
Pre-workouts are mainly caffeine, some simple carbs, and whatever the fuck shit they want you to buy at a premium (usually some kind of amino acid mix and B vitamins). You can buy the components of each of those for a fraction of the cost of a premade mix.

>>39061294
>What about the leg press? Rippetoe says it's useless once you can squat, is that true?
In general yes. Unless you have an injury/medical condition or you're retardedly inflexible, you should be squatting. That being said, as you get further into your training (around intermediate level where programs like SS stop being as effective), the leg press does have some place in programming. But by that point you should have an idea of how to fit it in if you really want to.
>>
File: peaceful feel.jpg (17KB, 385x387px) Image search: [Google]
peaceful feel.jpg
17KB, 385x387px
>>39052986
>mfw the guy with one pec has a better chest than me
>>
Does glucosamine-chondroitin actually help your joints or is it worthless in a stack?
>>
>>39056525
Do barbell curls with low weights and increase them.
Eventually it will catch up. Did for me.
>>
Help, I fell of the wagon hard I was 250lbs at my heaviest and fell to 188lbs at my lowest, couldn't be more happier. Now I weigh 200lbs and I just can't find that motivation or discipline I had when I was on a roll with weight loss. Anyone ever been in a similar situation?
>>
>>39061879
weight management can only come if you want it. If you complain that you're fat and do nothing to change it, there's no one to blame but yourself.
>>
Does anyone else listen to eurobeat at the gym?
>>
File: large.gif (183KB, 450x350px) Image search: [Google]
large.gif
183KB, 450x350px
When losing weight a friend told me to alternate the calorie deficit, is that true? So like first two weeks at 1500 and the next two at 1800
>>
>>39061294
squat > leg press, having said that leg press can replace the squat if for some reason you are unable to squat (ie: bad knees for example)
>>
>>39061879
>more happier
>>
File: meme.jpg (779KB, 2248x3444px) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
779KB, 2248x3444px
has it been decided whether SS or SL is better yet
also how do I get a bod like this fuark :(
>>
Hear me out.
Can you wake up heavier than when you went to seep? Lets say 171 when you go to sleep. Fast forward 8hrs. After a piss, 174.
>>
>>39062187
that's retarded and your friend is retarded. literally no reason to do that.
>>
>>39062104
no

>>39062406
SS, SL, and ICF are just slight variations of the same program. They'll all get you to the same progression.

>>39062433
that's even more impossible than "i can't lose weight but am eating at a deficit". The Law of Conservation of Mass Energy rules that unless you consume 3 pounds of matter in your sleep, it is impossible to have gained 3 pounds. You either measured incorrectly, read the scale wrong, or are fondly forgetting a midnight snack.
>>
>>39051924
pls respond
>>
>>39062602
I use to be 250lbs so I'm kind of psycho about weighting myself. It's always right before I sleep and right after I piss in the morning. I don't even keep snacks in the house.
Here's hoping that I saw it wrong.
>>
>>39062700
>Here's hoping that I saw it wrong.
it's literally impossible to gain weight by not consuming anything so either your scale is broken or you misread it.
>>
>>39062618
>>39051924
just do free weights. Machines are terrible for you and if you're that autistic and can't ask for a form check just record it on your phone and post it here for critique.
>>
>>39062406
you'll stall first on SL, SS is the superior routine
Thread posts: 338
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.