[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vegetable omega-3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: salmon.jpg (102KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
salmon.jpg
102KB, 800x534px
I want to increase my omega-3 intake from whole foods, but animal sources are expensive as fuck. I've heard a lot of different arguments on whether humans can properly utilize vegetable omega-3s or not. What is /fit/s opinion?

>tl;dr: Is chia + flax meal enough for omega-3?
>>
>>39030774
>that much chia and flax
Bruh that's expensive af just eat some fish
>>
>>39030774
Nice try, pedovegan
>>
>>39031193
I'm far from vegan. I just don't want to pay 2x for fish what I pay for prime steak.
>>
>>39031694
Just eat some tinned tuna or sardines.
>>
>>39030947
Flax has like 10x Ω3 per mass unit compared to salmon, I wouldn't say it's expensive at all. Here a kilo of flax is about 7€ and a kilo of frozen salmon is 15 at the absolute minimum
>>
>>39031907
Sardines are like 60 cents a tin
>>
>>39032132
This is the affordable answer.

But desu salmon works. You just need to avoid treating it like chicken.

Buy the chicken/beef equivalent amount of salmon (e.g. 1 lb beef ~ .5 lb salmon near me). Then supplement the missing protein with some beans or lentils.
>>
>>39030774
Let me tell you a little secret: science is shit. Majority of people are genetically inferior by default and most scientific researches ever done were made on weak, useless people. Cancer? Weak people. Diabetus? Sugar addiction. Natural selection is no more so there is too many useless people. Pork is the best protein source out there. Weak people dislike fats overall and are skinny useless ectimorphs. Pork is where the shit is at. You absorb 10g/h of pork protein. Coincidence? Nope. Pigs coevolved with us because they provided protein with little to no resistance. Eat tons of pork. Never even smell fish because it's so damn inferior. If your genes suck you gonna die. Nothing bad about that.
>>
File: 1475242337741.png (179KB, 508x494px) Image search: [Google]
1475242337741.png
179KB, 508x494px
>>39032234
>>
4 cans of sardines will give you the 1750mg EPA and 1750mg DHA / week the french dietary guidelines recommend for example, you are too poor to be using the internet if you think that's expensive
>>
>>39032324
Fuck fish and everything everyone reconmends. It's more than likely, if you follow someone's recommendations, that your genes are useless and that you're not capable of critical thinking.just end your self please.
>>
>>39032324
>>39032184
>>39032132
>>39031878

I eat about 2-3 cans of tuna and about 1/4 lb of tuna or wild salmon/week. I also cook with grass-fed butter (meme or not, I use very little and I like the taste). Meeting the minimum recommended intake is not really a concern. I just want to improve my omega-3/omega-6 intake because I've been training a lot and I'm on a cut. My finances are luckily pretty stable right now, but I just don't wanna spend a lot of money on fish.
>>
>>39031878
>tuna

Enjoy your mercury
>>
>>39032449
Then just take fish oil.
>>
The omega 3s in flax is ALA. Your body tries very poorly to convert that into the two other kinds that are in fish. Not all omega 3s are the same and ALA sucks.
>>
>>39032362
thanks for sharing your feelings with us tumblr, how do i upvote?
>>
>>39032467
Nigger grown ass men can handle traces of mercury it's not like you eat it every god damn day holy shit
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.