[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weed and Lifting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: weed.jpg (64KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
weed.jpg
64KB, 640x400px
What is the general consensus on weed's effect on gains? Every time I see it discussed, it just devolves into a salty fuckfest between dudeweeds and anti-druggies. I personally find weed to be helpful with bulking, but I'm wondering if it is hindering my growth in some way that I'm not seeing.

So what do you think? Does weed have an ill effect? Any info you have, studies, anecdotes and such are very welcome.
>>
there's little physiologically but as a heavy habitual user for years ive finally realized that no matter how functional I can be with weed it still limits my potential and I've missed a lot of good life opportunities because of it
>>
>>39029689
Some people say it hurts your quality of sleep, which would be bad for gains. Some people say they lift while high, I think that's a bad idea because your form would probably suffer. Also I think it's hard to maintain a strict diet on the account of munchies, I've shamefuly eaten whole pizzas at a time because of this. I guess it wouldn't be horrible if your trying to bulk. Also could kill your motivation.

tl;dr probably doesn't directly hurt you but it's gonna make the climb harder
>>
I personally have been smoking small amounts before I lift for the last two years. I never smoke enough that i feel out of it or unfocused but it's always been a big help for me. Lowers muscle inflammation right before you lift and for me helps me really get focused and in my zone
>>
File: IMG_3366.jpg (46KB, 423x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3366.jpg
46KB, 423x750px
>>39029689
Lifting+weed is fine as long as you keep the weed in its place; dont let it control your daily schedule desu.

I live and lift in Amsterdam so i would know lol. Just be sure to know when its too much.
>>
It also helps me put down about twice as much food a day due to increased appetite, wouldn't have been able to go from once weighing 155 to weighing 220 without its appetite help, and as for it hurting sleep quality like i read above, this is not true. I never sleep better then after i smoke.
>>
First of all, alcohol is poison and it's the worst party substance a lifter can consume

As for weed, I don't see any problem, but everyone reacts differently. Personally I don't smoke often because I wake lethargic in the morning and my workouts are shit
>>
I run a few days a week and there is nothing better than finishing a run and smoking a small joint.
>>
>>39029689
bowl post workout, dabs on rest days, shit is GOAT for bulking bruhs
>>
>>39029822
I've heard people say it helps them focus on individual muscles more and thus helps form, I've lifted while high but it just made me tired faster and not something I'll do again.
>>
>>39029689
Weed's affect is 100% dependent on the individual. You have to try it, if it helps or doesn't, you'll know; but you cant know if you don't try it.
Personally, i end up just wanting to play games when i get high, but that's only because i rarely buy weed, and when i do, id rather do something more fun than working out(working out is fun to me, just not as fun..)
>>
File: FeelsGoodManFrog07.jpg (38KB, 368x639px) Image search: [Google]
FeelsGoodManFrog07.jpg
38KB, 368x639px
>>39029689
>Cheeky late night workout
>Roll a DUDE in the locker room after showering for 30mins
>Walk home thinking about shit and enjoying the empty city.

Top quality feel right there
>>
>>39029689
Don't use it for sleep or before sleeping. Apparently, it shortens stage 4 (but lengthens stage 3) sleep. Stage 4 is REM sleep. That's all I got.
Smoke erry day here. Gains are good.
>>
>>39029689
weed doesn't do anything for me.
tried bowl, joint, and edibles.
>>
>>39031450

That would sketch me out thinking someone would walk in while I'm rolling. I've had joints reak out locker rooms just having one in my bag for the walk home
>>
>>39029689
It does fuck with your mental gains tho.
I've been clean 80days now (going from 4 years 420 erry 2nd day).
My thinking is clearer and I'm not checking doors are locked or oven is off for 40th time.

Everything in moderation OP
>>
From my experience the only negative effect on lifting is the reduction in motivation.
>>
File: tmp_916-14675507009421145323722.png (155KB, 995x585px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_916-14675507009421145323722.png
155KB, 995x585px
>>39032129
>>39029749
Also this. There's a reason why they call it the poison drip.
Kills all ambition to excel in life, and you become content with what little you have.
Sonnets try to traumatise this, but it's when toy quit that you truly realise how much you've missed out on
>>
>>39031950
you just havent done it enough times, it can take several tries for some people to feel the effects. not worth it tho its just a money sucker. If you're dumb itll make u dumber, and if ur smart itll just make you numb.
>>
>>39029689
It is far worse than high or moderate alcohol consumption. As long as you still lift and be active and don't overeat too much you willbe fine. I smoke myself 2-3 times a week. I used to smoke and drink everyday and that really fucked my mind. However, I realized that alcohol is much worse to my physical condition.
>>
>>39029689
DUDE WEED L M A O
>>
>>39029689
I have used weed while lifting in the past. I feel like it has the potential to do good, as those times I have used it I've felt like has increased the amount of volume I can get on my muscles. I mean, it is a painkiller essentially, so I feel like it can stop your muscles from screaming out to you as much. That said, I'm pretty sure it affects your metabolism too, so that could have a negative effect on gains.

I really think it comes down to the individual. It can probably be either bad or good in the right hands.
>>
>>39029749
This. I was high for 5 years straight after getting out of the military and I didn't realize that I prefer a clear mind despite how good it felt to smoke.
>>
I'm 35 and have been a daily smoker for a few years now. I know you don't get physically addicted to pot, but I am 100% addicted to pot.

If I don't smoke, I get anxiety and it sucks.

We smokers know how much better food tastes when we're high. I've become so accustomed to eating while high that I often do not have an appetite unless I am stoned.

Since I do not usually smoke until the evening this coupled with the fact that I practice intermittent fasting, it makes my fasting window a breeze because food just isn't appealing to me. I'm interested to see how this effects my body as I've lifted since I was 14 years old and have always had a huge appetite.

So, get addicted to pot before while bulking so food will repulse you while cutting.
>>
Good thread great insight don't let it die.
>>
lifting without weed is like cookies without milk
>>
No negative effects on gains for me, only smoke 2-3 times a week after a workout. Sometimes its good, strengthens my appetite so I can cook another post-workout meal and get more calories in.
>>
>>39032925
>We smokers know how much better food tastes when we're high. I've become so accustomed to eating while high that I often do not have an appetite unless I am stoned.
I can confirm that. I am not a daily smoker but I used to smoke daily. I would just eat a lot in the evening because I was hungry. I was just drinking water in the moring. Then I ate a bit but not too much. I would smoke a bit before dinner because I knew that the food was just much better than without smoking.
>gonna get something to eat
>just smoked
>>
>>39029689
>I personally find weed to be helpful with bulking
Have you ever seen a fat stoner? Why is snoop dog so skinny? You are deluding yourself if you think weed help you with bulking.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.