[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Low carb diet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (534KB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
534KB, 2576x1932px
Thinking of doing a low/ no carb diet for a couple of weeks. Think it will help me to lose weight?
>>
>>39026521
If you eat less calories than you spend then yes.
>>
>>39026525
you mean expend
>>
Go on low to no carbs
cut out all sugars

never go back and be a god
>>
>>39026521
Count calories, not carbs. You fell for the female health magazine meme.
>>
go vegan low fat and never count calories again.
>>
Classic fucking mobile poster

truly the darkest times of 4chan
>>
>>39026549
carbs make you more hungry tho harder to stop.
cutting out simple carbs makes counting easier too.
so that's about it. and for people with insulin resistance problems (ie fat people all of them) controlling ch intake could be extra beneficial)
>>
>>39026561
>vegan low fat
that's the most pitiable and miserable existence for a developed world male.
>>
>>39026788
Do you think I have insulin resistance?
>>
>>39026824
like i said it comes with being obese pretty much.
get rid of the fat and it will get back to normal most likely.

there is one catch. you won't be able to decrease the number of fat cells ever. you can only deplete them. so your metabolism will never be 100% unless they cut the fat tissue out of you.
>>
>for a couple of weeks

Do a low calorie diet for the rest of your life

a couple of weeks is not enough and then you balloon up again
>>
>>39026521

Whatever you do, don't start with some outlandish deficit like all fatties do

500-1000 cals, tops. Lift while you do it.
>>
>>39026824
go have a sugar-load insulin test and a hormone panel if you are honestly curious. they can give you thyroid hormones and you can also get a prescription for diabetic medicine that reduces gylcosynthesis in the liver. altho that really just fucks with how your body can even out the blood sugar levels like turning proteins and fats into glycogen. so i really find it suspicious that it might do more harm than good to people not actually diabetic just prediabetic. but it works for some.
>>
You're obese so instantly it's clear that you already have a low carb intake and a way too high fat intake. And like all obese people you have no fucking clue about nutrition or the foods you are actually eating.
In case you didn't get it, the answer is no, you should not go on a low-carb diet because, among other things, they cause diabetes and heart disease.
You are fat as fuck you stupid cunt, you really think you need more fat on your system, yes? "There's not enough fucking fat on my body, better eat nothing but fat so I can lose fat" American fat people logic deluxe
>>
tried low carb for a week. Didn't like it cause it felt like my test lvls sank.

Google "low carb testosterone".
>>
>>39026992
>You're obese so instantly it's clear that you already have a low carb intake and a way too high fat intake.
It's clear that you have a degree in broscience.
>>
>>39027094
No I'm just aware of the scientific literature. And it's abundantly clear that obese people have high fat intake and a correspondingly low carb intake. This is true both when comparing people inside countries (Fat Americans consume more fat than lean Americans) and when comparing people from different countries (Americans have among the highest fat intake in the world and are the fattest motherfuckers, people in Africa, Southeast Asia and parts of South America have a high carb and low fat intake and obesity and diabetes are very rare). It's also true when comparing the situation across time (fat intake has increased in Europe, parts of Asia and parts of South America with a corresponding increase in obesity and diabetes.

Another thing of note is that fat people are particularly unaware of the large quantities of fat they eat. Of course that's not surprising, given that they are fat. Fat people think French fries and donuts are "carbs", that's how fucking fat they are.
>>
THIS IMAGE HAS BEEN POSTED A DOZEN TIMES.

HOW, HOW DOES /FIT/ KEEP GETTING B8ED BY THIS??? I DONT UNDERSTAND!
>>
>>39026521
S T I C K Y
T
I
C
K
Y
>>
Just stop eating simple carbs and refined sugars you utter cunt.

A big bowl of oats in the morning is mandatory for anyone who wants to get small or big.
>>
>>39027282
Less developed countries also don't consume fuckhuge amounts of corn syrup and other forms of sugar, really makes you think. Anyway, the one thing that's 100% sure about fat people like OP is that they eat too much in terms of total calories, and first have to focus on reducing that, not getting autistic over whether dropping fat or carbs will magically make them lose weight.

Though I'm not sure if this discussion even makes sense because I think I actually agree with you for the most part (I'm not a fan of Atkins style shit. Though there apparently are people out there who are doing fine on keto, so honestly whatever).
>>
>>39026992
Only thing clear is you are one dumb motherfucker and i am not even a fan of low carb diets
>>
>>39026848
the fat cell count decreases when they die. they do not grow back in the same amount ifnot needed
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.