[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best 4 times a week program

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: 1460176797959s.jpg (10KB, 236x250px) Image search: [Google]
1460176797959s.jpg
10KB, 236x250px
>>
>>39020442
BBB 531
OHP str + bench volume
DL str + squat volume
rest
BENCH str + ohp volume
SQUAT str + dl volume
rest
rest
>>
>>39021231

>Hitting lifts once a week
.lmao no gains

5/3/1 was made by an old fat man who no longer get stronger for old fat guys who won't get stronger on that routine.
>>
>>39021281

I lift twice a week for years now, and for at least a few of them I've been hitting each body part only once a week.

Have you actually tried anything similar? You don't need to feel like you're killing yourself to make gains.
>>
>>39021281
>what are intermediate routines
>>
>>39021281
>Hitting lifts once a week
>compounds clearly being done every three-four days

are you literally retarded?
>>
Candito Linear Progression

Upper/Lower split 4 days a week, run the control version if you're a cool kid or the hypertrophy version if you're falling for the aesthetics meme
>>
Tis mine

A or B.

Bench 3x5
One hand palm in standing dumbbell OHP 3x8-12
Lateral raises 3x8-12
Slullcrushers 3x8-12
Cable Crossover 3x8-12

B or A

Weighted Chinups 3x5
Dumbbell rows 3x8-12
Any form of curl 3x8-12
Hammer curls 3x8-12
Facepulls 3x8-12

C
Deadlift 1x5
Squat 3x5
Power clean 5x3

D

OHP 3x5
Lateral raises 3x8-12
Incline bench 3x5
Weighted dips 3x5
Dumbbell flies 3x8-12

Day d you can do whatever the fuck you want and grow the muscles you want into or outa proportion
>>
sheiko
>>
P.H.U.L
>>
>>39020442
Upper/Lower split. Progression scheme based on how developed you are.

You can also run a 3 day full body routine like SS/SL/TM (alter TM to 4 days too).
>>
Conjugate method.

Still have trouble believing people would do anything else.
>>
>>39021231
531 only progresses monthly

Is there a 4 times a week program that progresses weekly? IE a 4x/week Texas Method?

Can Texas Method be modified somehow for 4x/week?
>>
>>39021873
>alter TM to 4 days too

how do this
>>
File: 1474981825086.png (121KB, 1050x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1474981825086.png
121KB, 1050x1000px
>>39023912
here you are friendo. You can 5/3/1 and just make the increments bigger every 3 weeks (skipping deload until you need it)
>>
>>39023924
move the 3x5 +1/2kg to 1x5 when you stall on 3x5 or just whenever

>>39021231
are you meant to do any first set last or jokers with BBB?
>>
Personally I run PPL where I do

push
pull
x
push
legs and delts
x
x

pull
push
x
pull
legs and delts
x
x

I'll change to PPLPPLx once I sell my company but right now 4 times a week pretty much my limit when it comes to not burning myself out thanks to limited time
>>
>>39023921
You read the documentation which will teach you how to do this.

But you can split volume day into 2 (but the second day must only contain compounds) for example.

So,

MON:
5x5 Squat
5x5 Bench/OHP

TUES:

5x5 Row/Pullup
5x3 Clean

WED:
2x5 Squat
3x5 OHP/Bench

FRI:
1x5 Squat
1x5 Bench/OHP
1x5 Deadlift
1x5 Pullup/Row

Something like that.
>>
>>39023924
This is using the 531 progression scheme?

Also I'd need 0.5kg plates, right?
>>
What is some Drake approved hentai?
I'm talking stuff that dabbles heavily in the themes of heartbreak and the struggle of finding real love.

Asking for a friend.
>>
>>39023924
that seems like a pretty shitty program, I would never advice to do OHP and bench on the same day

neither is heavy squats + weighted pull-ups + heavy DL + heavy rows a good combination exactly

really shows that trappy lacks any kind of experience in actually lifting, I don't know why everyone thought he was good at giving advice
>>
>>39023947
King of the Hill
>>
>>39023945
no its the scheme shown in the pic. add 1/2 kg every week..

>>39023954
OHP intensity + bench volume. Many programs have this such as 5/3/1.

Show body and stats if you are going to make statements like that at least
>>
>>39023942
Huh. I'd never thought to break Volume Day into two

Sounds like a really good idea, particularly since Volume Day takes fucking forever and is brutal
>>
>>39023980
>Huh. I'd never thought to break Volume Day into two
Because you never read the books you were supposed to. Read Rip and Justins books if you are going to do the routine.

I'll never understand people who run with a program but ignore the supporting material that explains how it should be used.
>>
>>39023987
I know I've read SS. I might've read TM, but if I did it was a while ago. Pretty sure I have a pirated pdf of it

Gonna have to get to reading, I guess
>>
>>39024015
To be honest, I like Justin's book more than Rips in regards to TM. Rips is very good in general programming tips for the intermediate, Justin's is very TM specific with heaps of examples depending on your goals.
>>
>>39024032
agreed

https://www.scribd.com/doc/150794916/The-Texas-Method-Part-1

Practical programming 3 is fucking massive as well
>>
>>39024057
In regards to general intermediate programming, the training pyramid series on youtube by Eric Helms is really good. He backs up everything he says too with reputable studies and sources.

Not many on /fit/ discuss Helms, but he is hugely qualified and trains body builders at a top level.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.