[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bodyweight workouts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_0917.jpg (117KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0917.jpg
117KB, 1000x1000px
Didn't see any bodyweight threads in the catalog.

I went to a gym for 6 months or so and did weight lifting, and although I did notice that I was starting to put on a little bit of muscle mass, going to the gym/weight lifting wasn't good for my mental health. I'd go to the gym because people told me that lifting weights is a good way to release stress... well it did the opposite for me.. it would add stress, a LOT more stress when outside the gym ive already had enough on my mind. I had a breaking point a few weeks ago and now my mind feels mostly clear. I haven't been back to the gym tho, I even talked with my therapist about it and he said perhaps my body can't tell the difference between different types of stress and adds the physical stress from weight lifting into my pile of mental stress. So I don't want to go back. I don't want to go through that again.

So.. I'm trying to find some good bodyweight programs I could do outside or at home. I'm a skinny guy, 5'10, 147lbs. I don't care anymore about getting "big". But I would like to put on a little more muscle and tone up. I'd rather just have a healthy/fit look. Any recommendations? I think bodyweight would be a lot better for me overall.
>>
File: 1475654553588.gif (477KB, 250x289px) Image search: [Google]
1475654553588.gif
477KB, 250x289px
>>39016751
>tone up
>>
>>39016751

Go to the bodyweightfitness page on Reddit, they have everything you need.

You'll just get called a fuckboi here because the barbell fatties can't fathom that people might want to train differently to them.
>>
>>39016769

What

>>39016773

Ok thanks I'll try to find that.

Yeah man, just the lifting thing wasn't good for me. It added on a lot of stress which I didn't need. Getting big really doesn't do anything for me anyways
>>
File: 1471746832848.jpg (18KB, 478x353px) Image search: [Google]
1471746832848.jpg
18KB, 478x353px
>>39016751
I got u familia

http://darebee.com/workouts.html

That whole website has a lot of good, easy to understand info. Their belief is that you don't need a gym membership to be a healthy person.
>>
>tone up
kek just lift you fuckboy you'll look like a teenager for the rest of your life if you don't lift since you'll have that thin 2d look which deadlift cures
>>
Pick up a pair of gymnastic rings and some yoga blocks.
Search tutorials for: Front lever progression
Back lever progression
iron cross progression
muscle-up tutorial
planche progression
manna progression
L-sit
handstand pushups on yoga blocks
press-up to handstand
and learn some yoga postures for dat flexibility
This is what I do, I feel great, I look great, there's no stress of being in a gym and I workout whenever I feel like it
>>
post a picture of a 'toned up' body so we can tell you what you need to do to achieve it
>>
>>39016807

Thanks I'll try those out

>>39016821

I said that it's not good for me. I'd rather have a less stressed mind over having a jacked body
>>
File: IMG_2539.jpg (764KB, 1980x2135px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2539.jpg
764KB, 1980x2135px
>>39016855

I'd be happy with C7. I'm probably like B1 right now
>>
>>39016751
>>39016773
>You'll just get called a fuckboi here because the barbell fatties can't fathom that people might want to train differently to them.
Or maybe it's because anyone who does bw workouts only are dyel as fuck. Stay mad faggot, the fact that OP even used the term "tone up" only further proves my point.
>>
>>39016875

** C3 I meant to say
>>
>>39016882

>Or maybe it's because anyone who does bw workouts only are dyel as fuck

I really don't care about any of that tho. I don't care what other people do. I've always thought that "Do you even lift" meme was annoying. I don't care what others do.
>>
>>39016875
for c3 you need lifting

you'll look like b3 because your triceps and delts will lack and your core will be small. Also you'll look pretty bad in clothing because your back will be so thin
>>
>>39016928

I feel pretty bad now..
>>
>>39016913
Yeah, you want to put on a "bit" of muscle and be/look healthy. That is hard enough to achieve with weightlifting, what makes you think you'll have an easier time getting it by doing JUST body weight exercises?
>>
>>39016951
m8 just do push-ups and planks and chin-ups with a good diet and you'll look better than 95% of population
>>
>>39016773
You know why people hate on body weight fags? Because they're literally going backwards. Bodyweight exercises are like the things people do at home when they first start getting into fitness. Eventually they "grow up" and join a fucking gym.
>>
>>39016751
get a copy of overcoming gravity book and buy a pullup bar/rings. it's way better than weightlifting and much more aesthetically pleasing although there are no substitutes for squats/deadlifts.
>>
>>39016974

Aren't their plenty of people who do this though?

>>39016981

I'll probably do that anon
>>
>>39017052
>Aren't their plenty of people who do this though?
Do what? Just bw exercises to get swole? Do you have God-tier genetics? If no, then it doesn't apply to you. Are you natty? If yes, then it doesn't apply to you.

Protip: Plenty of people do both. Picking just one is retarded.
>>
>>39017019
there are people who care about functional strength and then there are those who only care about looks which is sadly the majority of the people here.

if you want to look good then go ahead and do BB routine for hypertrophy, but if you want functional strength then BW + compounds as assistance > everything hands down.
>>
>>39017107
OP and the other faggot didn't mention anything about adding compounds to their routine. Just BW by itself. And you have it the wrong way around m8, it's compounds + BW as assistance.
>>
File: 1475502940108.png (587KB, 625x918px) Image search: [Google]
1475502940108.png
587KB, 625x918px
>>39016751
>I don't care anymore about getting "big".
>implying you could ever put on enough muscle to consider yourself big
>>
>>39017123
BW exercises require much higher proprioception than compounds and are also much more taxing.

there's a reason why gymnasts have compounds as assistance work and not the other way around.
>>
>>39017192
Lol, post your deadlift max and your pullup max reps, because you have it completely wrong.
>>
>>39017233
205kg 1x5 deadlift and 62.5kg 3x5 chinups

175cm 81kg
>>
>>39017288
>estats:the post
>>
>>39017288
Decent stats, but you've totally misunderstood what bodyweight means.
>>
File: TARPFUNNEL.jpg (164KB, 1068x1536px) Image search: [Google]
TARPFUNNEL.jpg
164KB, 1068x1536px
>>39016751

CALISTHENICS
>>
>>39017148
Meathead detected

U Havin fun roidin out
>>
>>39017313
i didn't, but lots of people think only about pullups/pushups/dips etc when they hear about BW which is sadly wrong.
>>
>>39017363
Weighted chins aren't body weight. And obviously there's more exercises, those are just the main ones. I also believe you're lying about your stats. That or you're retarded. Because pullups x F or muscleups x F is nowhere near as taxing as a heavy set of squats or deads.
>>
>>39017463
nowhere did i say that chinups are more taxing than deadlifts or squats. and no, chinups are not main exercise.

most of the taxing exercises are done on rings or holds.

i don't care if you believe me or not. you have tons of videos of 80kg+ chinups on youtube.
>>
>>39017570
Deadlifts and squats are still more taxing, especially on the CNS, than any ringwork you're talking about. And yes, pullups are a main exercise. No beginner just starts off doing a fucking muscle up.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.