[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

acne/face gains

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

Anyone on here tried accutane? Im a little old to be dealing with acne. (no roids) I heard the side effects are really bad.

Also general face gains/skin care/acne threwad
>>
>>39015192
Try keto
>>
ask your doctor for Duac (benzoyl peroxide, clindamycin). It's a cream and it works wonders, doesn't ruin your skin or anything. You just apply it once in the morning and once at night.
>>
>>39015192
I don't really have much acne, but I do have some small redness on my forehead, nose, and cheeks, and that part of the face is really oily, only that part, the rest of the face and body is normal. The hell is going on, is it rosacea?
>>
>>39015333

had that problem too, could be due do to stress mane

try:
avoiding rooms with heavy heating
drink enough
zinc
place a fresh towel on your pillow
cut coffeine
no more milk products and processed foods
>>
Was on accutane when I was 17, demolished my acne, didn't listen to my derm and came off it too quick cos I was going in a lads holiday and wanted to drink and be in the sun without destroying my skin.
Fast forward to now, I'm 21 and Roids has made me flare up BIIIIIG time. Back on tane, 3 weeks in and making all kinds of skin gains. Staying in a very low dose of 20mg ed to avoid sides for a bit then will go up in a few months to obliterate acne once and for fucking all.

Sides to report:
Lethargic as fuck
Dry lips
Lower mood some days
Appetite took a huge hit. (Currently bulking in 600mg test 400mg deca, I've lost 5kg in 2 weeks lol. Dat bulk going well) just can't stomach food at all.
I'm shredded as fuck tho so there's a plus.
>>
>>39015282
I've been using it recently and while it helps most of the time, it really dries my skin up when I use it too many days in a row.

What amount do you usually apply on a pimple?
>>
>>39017082

Do you moisturise afterwards?

Using jojoba oil after moisturising helps with drying

Source: acne sufferer for 17 years
>>
>>39017061
could you please elaborate on the lethargic bit? I'm 18 now and if I still have acne by next summer I'm gonna strongly consider accutane since I fucking hate looking at myself in the mirror. Been dealing with mild to severe acne for about 4 years now..
>>
>>39017099
nah I don't, seems like it's about time to start.

Since you've had acne for so long, what helps the most apart from duac?

I don't drink any dairy at all, don't touch my face apart from popping a pimple every now and then and I've been getting break outs seemingly at random as of late.

I've also noticed that the part of my face I sleep on always breaks out in a day or two.
>>
>>39017106
Horrible isn't it.
Well when I was first on it I remember I was so tired and depressed I woke up one morning looked at my phone saw I had like 40 missed calls and tonnes of texts from my mates, I'd realised I'd been layed in my bed for 2 weeks with no drive to do ANYTHING, didn't go to my college classes and ended up fucking up my Alevels a bit (britfag).
But I feel I was on way to much. This time I feel ok in terms of mood but after 10 hours sleep an hour later I'm fucking yawning.
Good job I have the test levels of a gorilla right now because I need it to get through my workouts and my day in general.

I will say tho friend, if yo Can put up with this for 5 measley months of ur life you will love yourself for it. Believe me when I tell you accutane sends ur acne to another dimension, ur skin will look like porcelain after. Such a confidence boost when I was free of it. I only have it pretty mild now due to the Roids.
>>
Has anybody had success with doxycycline? I got prescribed two pills a day recently and a cream to help, it seems to be working a bit but nothing major yet
>>
>>39017185
Lol at the antibiotics. They're trash. The ONLY thing that decimates acne and makes sure it doesn't come back is accutane. Just make sure you stay on it for long enough and it will never be back.
>>
>>39017157
I'm actually starting uni next october so if I would start taking it in let's say july it would all be over by november. The first two months of uni aren't that important, are they?

By the way thanks a lot, I'll wait a couple more months but it's driving me crazy.
>>
Anyone here know how to deal with body acne (especially back and shoulders) without getting some sort of meditation that will probably have bad side effects? I don't get face acne very often, just shoulder and back and it really doesn't help with my gains
>>
>>39017236just started uni myself mate
Started taking the tane my first day of my course. I'm not worried about mood effecting me this time. Feel like to much good stuff is going on in my life for 20mg ed to effect me, just not even thinking about that side really.
Looking at the positives I'm getting a degree, I'm in great shape getting constant compliments, met a qt3.14 on my course both into each other very close to smashing her, oh and my skin looks great, and the Roids make me feel like a legitimate Greek god. I'm not gonna let's some pussy ass accutane make me feel bad.
>>
Finally one of these threads. Anybody use minocycline? My doc gave me some along with Retin-A last week and I'm taking the plunge
>>
>>39015192
I'm on it right now. Been taking it for a week.
I used to use the pill to control my acne, but it wasn't very effective, so I asked for accutane. Had to go to a dermatologist to get it ($220 consult), had a blood test to make sure it was ok for me to take it, and had to stay on the pill because you can't get pregnant while on accutane or you'll give birth to a monster.

So far the side effects are as expected. REALLY dry lips. Skin peeling dry, like you look like a dehydrated hobo. Constant application of lip balm gives little relief, and forget eating spicy food unless you want your lips to burn off.
My skin feels dry, I've been getting nose bleeds, and my hair is dry and brittle thanks to the reduction in oil being produced by my skin. My face is also dry and flaky in some areas, but moisturizer fixes this.

I'm not sure how well the accutane is working. I get hormonal break outs before my period, and that's happened just now. This is my first period on accutane to be fair, and the whole course of medication is 6 months or so, iirc. It's barely been a month for me. Overall cost should be about $300 according to the dermatologist. Australian money.

My advice is to keep hydrated on it, buy a good quality lip balm with nothing in it that will irritate your lips, and keep it with you at all times. I've been using a balm made by The Body Shop, and paw paw ointment to keep my lips protected, and they still dry out and peel. Gentle exfoliation with a baby toothbrush and sugar lip scrub helps too.
>>
>>39015333
You have what's called in the industry as combination skin. Try applying a moisturizer suited for combination skin on your whole face. When your skin's no longer dry, then the oiliness should cease too. This is all true unless you're in the midst of puberty, where the over-production of oil is hormonal. Moisturizing can still help though.
>>
>>39015282
this, duac is the only thinkg that healed the group of pimples on my forehead which I had for almost two years, they ressurected each time after popped (never touched them actually, they got so big that they popped when I was taking shower bc of hot water)
I'm not even joking
>>
>>39015192
currently on 30mg at 70kg bodyweight, shit's great. On September 2015 I started with 20mg and I got depressed 1 week in so I stopped, but now I started with 10mg for 2 months and now for the last 3 weeks I'm on 30mg. Acne is almost nonexistent but when man was it horrible before it. I also don't eat bad fats cuz doc said it will fuck my cholesterol levels up, I have to be hihdrated and get as little as possible exposure to sun, always with sunscreen. GLHF
>>
>>39017276
Washing it with anti-bactrial soap is a good start. You can also use exfoilating creams or moisturer on it, but that seems like a waste of cash to me desu
>>
I was on it for the fulkl duration, never looked back, hell the side effects can be annoying such as extreme ddry lips (lip balm is like your bodybuilders proteinz) but looking back i dodnt regret anything, skin clear as hell now, not even outbreaks :) Hope this helped
>>
>>39018651
how long did it take for your acne to start disappearing?
>>
>>39017276
I know cold showers are pretty much a meme but they're good for your skin and should help
>>
In the morning if my face is a little puffy I’ll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.
>>
>>39017374
I'm on it right now. It does help but it doesn't cure acne, I still break out pretty often
>>
>>39015192
Im on Lymecycline antibiotics and Epiduo face cream and thats clearing me up well. All thats bumming me out is the red marks. My skins completely smooth but also ruined. I hope they fade.
>>
>>39017374
Just got off a two month cycle of minocyclin. As other anon said it helps but doesn't cure it. My acne is noticeably worse after being off it for a few weeks.

>>39018651
>>39017061
How long is a full accutane duration? I'm seeing a dermatologist on the 28th, haven't made up my mind because I've heard bad things about it but I might ask for accutane. In my 2nd month of College now
>>
>>39019739
Also to add to this I've been on epiduo cream and benzoyl peroxide wipes, I don't think they helped much desu
>>
>>39017135

I change pillow case every other night, also avoid dairy like you.

I pretty much followed the regimen from acne.org
>>
Accutane is literally god tier , on my fourth month and my acne is almost completely gone. I used to have terrible cystic acne on my back but then I got on accutane. Only side I get is the dry skin and lips which isn't a problem if you lube up everyday
>>
>>39019739
Accutane will literally cure your acne
>>
>>39017135
Honestly yogurt/kefir has helped a lot. Milk makes me break out within a day but Greek yog or kefir protein shakes have gotten everything under control. Facial hair also gives me acne so I have to shave every other day
>>
File: IMG_3797.jpg (567KB, 1764x2354px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3797.jpg
567KB, 1764x2354px
I've been on amoxicillin for a year and it cleared up my acne to a point. I used to have red spots running down in a Nike swoosh on both sides of my face but it's pretty much gone.

It also made my lymph nodes go back to normal size, guys used to call me stag because they looked like antlers when my head was shaved.
>>
>tfw bacne
I know it's because of my old shitty sweaty leather chair and the way I sit in it, but I'm too fucking Jewish to buy a new one.
>>
Ive used Accutane successfully. If you have a competent doctor who monitors your dosages with blood tests you wont have too hard of a time. Drink shit loads of water a lube the shit out of your lips cause they get pretty dry.
>>
>>39020389
Not bad things as inefficiency, bad things as in side effects
>>
I'm in the 1% of people that had to use accutane 3 times for my acne to finally disappear. Only side effects I experienced:
Dry lips
Sometimes sore joints
Would sunburn like a motherfucker
>>
>>39020858
that dove moisturizing body wash pretty much cleared all my body acne up
>>
>>39021095
I'll give it a go m8, cheers.
>>
>>39016779
>>39017817
Will try those out, thanks femanons. Btw I'm 21 now (male), so maybe puberty is still around, I don't really know how much it lasts, but acne have pretty much cleared up, a couple more here and there, but this thing is driving me nuts considering I went to different docs quite some time and they just give some cream and pills but it doesn't help at all, also done blood tests and inside is all fine as well. Shit is crazy. Maybe I should do an allergy test as well.
>>
>>39020858
At least buy some alcohol wipes for the chair and moisturizer for your face numb nugget
>>
>>39021449
My face is fine, aside from the rosacea. I'm going to buy a new chair eventually. Maybe this week. I'm just terrible for procrastination.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.