[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 309
Thread images: 26

File: 1454984174316.jpg (33KB, 319x440px) Image search: [Google]
1454984174316.jpg
33KB, 319x440px
Questions that don't deserve their own thread thread

>5'11
>140
>no abs

Are my abs so small/weak that I'll actually have to bulk to see them?
>>
>>39011268
Yes, just losing weight will not give you abs. I fell for that meme too at first
>>
What the fuck do I eat with grilled chicken if I'm a lazy cunt?
>>
Two seperate lifting sessions on the same day, good or bad? I feel like I could train more so I was thinking of adding an evening lift, same exercises but reduced reps/sets. Example; 3x10 bench during morning routine, 3x5 bench in the evening.
>>
>>39011399

Rice and broccoli. Pro tip, make a stir fry.
>>
>>39011407
Are you on gear?
>>
How long should I wait before I start to see real results? Cutting from 3300 tdee to 1800, seeing my noob gains, cardio is improving drastically, but three weeks in and I am seeing no improvement in the mirror and the only thing that I can feel changing is my fat seems to be softer/looser.

Am I doing something wrong? I want less fat, not more.
>>
>>39011411
Would eating stir fry rice every day not be real fucking unhealthy?
>>
>>39011407
Bad dude. Your body starts building new muscle a few hours after your workout. If you work out again, you're going to destroy everything your body has started, a lot of resources will go to waste, etc. After exercising a muscle group, always wait 48 hours before exercising that same muscle group again.
>>
>>39011427
No
>>
>>39011268
>>39011384
if youre reasonably athletic (play sports from time to time) youll get abs from low body fat

even if you dont do any activity you can still get fat from extremely low body fat, but you have to go very VERY low,like 5-8%

and as the saying go, a skinny guy with abs is like a fat girl with tits. its just not the same
>>
File: bwwhECj_1_.jpg (147KB, 1065x902px) Image search: [Google]
bwwhECj_1_.jpg
147KB, 1065x902px
I might be making this vague but I'll try to be specific as possible. I have been working at Starbucks for about a month or two and I've been noticing on the scale I have gained a bit of weight and my eating has gone up a bit but I look the same still.

Can anyone give me a rough estimate how much I am burning at Starbucks and if I am I'd I'm gaining muscles or fat?
>>
I recently started cycling and lifting (my routine implies deadlifts and squatz) is it normal for my lower back to be sore very often? its not pain, its soreness, like doms.

how often is it normal? when should i go see a doctor/stop cycling/squatting/deadlifting?
>>
File: 2016-10-08-220921_1054x689_scrot.png (117KB, 1054x689px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-08-220921_1054x689_scrot.png
117KB, 1054x689px
Who else uses a spreadsheet to track their progress?
I just started using it and I find it keeps me more motivated and better able to track my progress.
>>
>>39011446
Than no. Don't lift twice a day unless your gonna work different muscle groups. You will just be weaker and you only get stronger when you recover anyway.
>>
>>39011444
>>39011464
Thanks brehs
>>
>>39011442

Depends how you make it, don't cook like a fatty.

I put chicken rice and assorted veggies in mine, seasoning to taste and some say sauce (not a lot, watch your salt). no oil, no sweets, just chicken rice and veggies. All the ginger and black pepper really helps take the monotony out of it for me.
>>
>>39011476
Yw. I had to fight the urge to call you an idiot cuz I too have been where you are.
>>
File: 1475879325241.png (193KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1475879325241.png
193KB, 400x400px
>>39011487
Alright, thanks for the tips anon.
>>
>>39011451

I thought the saying went

>a [example] is like a dog with hair, they all have it, and it's not impressive.
>>
>>39011454
If you're standing and walking for about 8 hours you'd burn close to 1,000 cause standing for hours burns quite a bit. You also might be lifting and carrying heavy boxes so it could be a factor of a small amount of muscle you gained.
>>
>>39011442
less oil, you dont need murica invading your gains
>>
How many calories do you burn while standing for hours?
>>
Could it be possible to squat 225 for 10x100, if someone spent their entire life working up to it?
>>
How long should i stay on Greyskull before transitioning to an intermediate program? Any recommendations for a certai program?
>>
>>39011520
no, its not like that, thats what you ugly looking son of a bitch wish

its more like
have abs and good body, aww yeah living the good life

not have them
fuck suicdie yourself
>>
>>39011550
you can easily do that in a couple of years training, some people can lift 1000 kg for a couple of reps, tehy sure as hell can manage 100 for 10
>>
>>39011566
When you stop making gains is when you should switch it up
Read about a few programs pick whatever you think will suit you best
http://www.powerliftingtowin.com/powerlifting-programs/
>>
>>39011487
This is what I do! I cannot recommend it enough. Super basic fried rice hits all those sweet macros and tastes great! Good tip with the ginger, I've been lazy with mine but I'll give it a try!
>>
>>39011487
No oil? But how?
>>
>>39011651
Nonstick cookware and I add a little extra water when cooking to steam the veggies. Pull all the stir-fry to the side of the won and let the water boil out. I've actually thought about adding some oil to the mix because I'm not eating near enough fats (10%ish of my daily calories) and /fit/ said I can't make test without fats.

Still trying figure this nutrition thing out to be honest, been watching calories and protein but I'm slowly learning there is more to it than that.
>>
>>39011876
is having clearly defined abs and pecs as apealing to women in man as it is for women to have big tits?
>>
File: 1475660828129.png (491KB, 1832x2366px) Image search: [Google]
1475660828129.png
491KB, 1832x2366px
>tfw never obtain Klokov mode natty

Should I turn in my natty card boys?
>>
>>39012758
even Klokov didn't achieve Klokov mode natty
>>
Sticky told me that if I lift 3 times a week I should be right to do cardio 2 times a week, gave examples for running and biking, but said nothing about swimming.
I am right to swim on off days right? I know there's almost no reason to ask this question but I mean the threads here so I might as well.
>>
How should I progress in squats if I want to add more reps?
I'm at 3x5 225 right now and I eventually want to make that 3x6, 3x7, etc, how would I go about doing this?
>>
>>39012905
Forgot to mention, without adding weight, only decreasing and staying at 225.
>>
I'm trying to find a solid routine that can will make me massive. I'm a fat boy and been cutting. Im down from 225 @ 28% bf to 195 @ 20% bf and still cutting. My lifts arent progressing a whole lot over the past 6 months.
If I do 6 days upper/lower routine I dont progress but if I do 5x5 I dont feel like I do enough at the gym but my numbers go up slowly.
Any ideas for a routine to give aestetics and numbers?

Bp 140 5x5
Ohp 95 5x5
DL 240 5x5
Leg press 250 5x5
I dont squat because ive hurt myself too much and curl bros cant give advice on form.

I wanna be massive and low bf.
>>
>>39013144
Get stronger. At 195 bodyweight you should be a lot stronger that what you posted. If you want aesthetics you need to build muscle otherwise if you keep cutting you'll just become skinny fat. Assuming you're natty, the best way to build muscle is to build strength. Hop on some program like SS/SL/Candito LP and get your numbers higher. You might have to progress slower because you're cutting but you should still see results because of how relatively weak you are
>>
>>39013144
whats youre height?
>>
>>39013212
5'8
Goal weight is 165 atleast.
>>
>>39013269
can you post a pic?
>>
File: 20161009_031702-1.jpg (612KB, 743x1252px) Image search: [Google]
20161009_031702-1.jpg
612KB, 743x1252px
>>39013309

Fatbody inc
Measurements might be off but most of my fat is stored around my stomach.
Legs and arms aren't flabby anymore but I dont have size.
>>
if i start doing 4 mma classes a week will this affect my strength gains?
>>
File: question.jpg (21KB, 325x311px) Image search: [Google]
question.jpg
21KB, 325x311px
Could you effectively see decent results if you did SL/5x5 along with the couch to 5k plan while trying to bulk dirty?
>>
Hey guys, pulled my hamstring lightly at arena football team tryout today. I worked through it but since I've cooled down it is getting really tight.

Am I supposed to do cold/hot stuff to help it or what?
>>
what's the best clothing to wear to show off my abs?
>>
Fuck guys, I've lost 18 pounds and started doing SS for the past few months. I don't know if I want to bulk yet or keep cutting. My body is looking good. My noob gains are looking quite nice, but I'd say I'm probably sitting around 17% bf (can provide a pic). Do I keep cutting down to like 14% and then bulk? Or just bulk now and say fuck it. I just want the gains so bad, but I want to look good not like a fatty.

Also, when it comes to bulking, am I bulking for the protein alone? Or the protein and calories? Thanks
>>
>>39011487
>Not using a half a teaspoon on sesame oil
>Not using a very small amount of hoisin sauce

Try these things out anon. Don't need very much of either, but a tiny bit adds a lot to the flavor. Also, marinating the chicken before frying it in the wok helps keep it from being bland.
>>
What type of bread is healthy and not full of shit
>>
>>39011268
I'm same height as you. Back when I began I was completely sedentary fatso at 190 lb. Eventually cut to 145ish and my abs where no where in sight. After bulking and cutting and lifting I went to 180 again and cut to 165 and not only my abs are visible but I look way better. Tldt BULK and get STRONK then cut my friend
>>
>>39013397
none.
>>
>>39013545
Thanks
>>
I'm too tall to do a proper barbell standing OHP at my gym - the bar hits the ceiling with any plates on it.

What's the best alternative? Seated barbell OHP? Dumbell OHP?
>>
Pull/chin ups every day a good idea?

or do you need them rest days
>>
File: dongufed.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
dongufed.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>39013368
>>39013269
>>39013144
im 5'8 too and i currently weight 200lbs. this is how i look like, how the fuck is this possible
>>
If I put grip-thickeners on dumbells, willI lose upper-arm work to my forearms, or will it create new extra work for the forearms?
>>
>>39013645
better gym breh
>>
>>39011457
Me too, keeps me motivated to see my progress documented. It also makes me realize how shit I am at squatting, so I know which lift I need to prioritize.
>>
>>39011455
Nah, doctor will probably tell you to go lighter. You're loading your lumbar spine and using your spinal erectors for the first time in your life. Of course you're going to get sore a lot.
>>
File: 1472366231995.jpg (107KB, 736x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1472366231995.jpg
107KB, 736x1040px
Is SS really a meme, or does it work?
>>
>>39011550
>>39011619
At some point it's more just fighting through it. People are able to do their 10rm for 20 reps or more if they really try. But doing that 10 times sound way too hard. It'd probably take you a couple of hours just to finish.
>>
>>39013386
I tried something like that when I started out and let me tell you once you go heavy you'll be compromising your leg gains with your cardio. Because of this shit my squat is currently my weakest lift.
>>
>>39013769
you will never be aesthetic doing only bodyweight, get it out of your mind
>>
Would low weight high rep sets of deadlifts give a good boost to my jackhammering stamina?
>>
File: dom.jpg (41KB, 583x716px) Image search: [Google]
dom.jpg
41KB, 583x716px
>>39013397
An unbuttoned shirt. No shirt. An abs cut our shirt.
>>
File: lBOEcT1.jpg (51KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
lBOEcT1.jpg
51KB, 900x900px
What's the best route to take for fatty to make it?
Lose lots of weight, then lift?
Lift while cutting and ignore gains?
Cut to half desired weight and eat maintenance then lift?

What should I do so that 8 months down the road I'm happy with my results?

>5'11 200lbs down from 225
>>
>>39013825
>Lift while cutting and ignore gains
This this this this. Calorie control and regular exercise
>>
>>39011268
anyone in here 'recovered' from hips so tight that squatting to parallel is difficult even with no weight?
>>
>>39013977
i squatted and i think i had bad form, now my hip-thigh joint hurts and walking hurts

anyone experienced?? how long to heal
>>
>>39013949

Can you recommend any routines?
>>
hold on, im on a cut 162 lbs to 152lbs in one month (checked today)

im 5'10

i have fat around my man boobs OR maybe i just have gyno

i still have love handles, and i dont have abs

someone tell me FULLY what to do
>>
i had to give up whey because it gives me indegistion and pimples, so now i have some oats with milk as post-workout

am i missing out on anything?
>>
File: 1474472935910.png (2MB, 2656x2764px) Image search: [Google]
1474472935910.png
2MB, 2656x2764px
I've been lifting for a good 7months and I'm seeing some results (lost ~20kg/44lbs, from 120kg/240lbs) and I'm gaining some muscle mass, slowly but surely.

What I really wanna know is if my diet works, I'm a really picky eater and the Concerta (for my ADD/ADHD) makes it worse, as in I don't really feel the need to eat often and lot.

Typically my diet;

>Morning, 10am;
3 Oat bars, nuts, myesli, some milk and 2% fat yogurt.

>About 30-60-minutes after gym, 2pm:
Some cheap lazy protein drink I can find from the store when I'm walking back home, maybe a ham croissant and some spring water.

>At home, 6pm;
Two rye breads, with mettwurst, ham slices, tomato, olives, cucumber, mustard and a tiny amount of low fat butter. After that an apple or two.

>At home, 10pm or so;
Something that I can salvage before going to sleep, some apples, carrots and bananas. Mostly apples or carrots, bananas sometimes after gym.

This is basically how I eat 24/7, some apples in between etc, opinions?
>>
>>39014095
Try whey isolate if you want to keep taking protein supps.
>>
>>39014101

that's not horrible but you should really prepare a warm meal with less carbs every day

i'd also eat less fruit and more vegetables and berries, also put some olive oil somewhere and have some protein at the 10pm meal
>>
i always see people talk about how the healthy amount to lose is 1-2lbs p/w, but what about the unhealthy amount? like say im eating 1000 cals a day and i do 2hrs of cardio every day, what happens? will i lose more? i just wanna stop being fat. i will push as hard as i have to
>>
>>39014101
This seems OK...but there is no way of knowing because you've not posted any weight on the shit you eat....right now it seems like your carb intake is high as fuck, no idea what to make of it.

Also, ADHD is a meme, stop taking pills that will make you worse. I bet your mom put you on those on your youth
>>
>>39014189
The unhealthy route? Of course it's possible to lose more than that, but it all comes down to what your endgame is. Do you want to be skinny and healthy or skinny and unhealthy? Losing fat a lot faster than that usually leads to lack of motivation, hair loss, loose skin, bad skin, crumbling nails, hormonal imbalances etc. Just to name a few. You going "all out" on super low calorie intake with a lot of exercise will probably either end in a relapse or you giving up on fitness and just focus on starving yourself. Best of luck.
>>
>>39014082

>HELP

>ME

HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO CUT TO MAKE MAN BOOBS GO AWAY AS WELL AS LOVE HANDLES AND HAVE ABS
>>
>>39014202
I'm not weighting my food, I probably should.
As for the Concerta, none other than myself put me on them, always had issues at work and various other things, that drug helps a bit.
>>
File: Humanback.jpg (40KB, 426x403px) Image search: [Google]
Humanback.jpg
40KB, 426x403px
So assuming I have proper form, why does my muscle on my upper back feel like it's ripping from my body when i'm on my second or third set of deads? Circled for clarification.
>>
>>39014270
Alrighty. If your goal right now is to lose weight and you've been seeing a steady loss you're happy with, who are we to say change your diet? If you've noticed or will notice a plateu with the weight loss or your lifts are suffering then I suggest to start counting calories and writing down macros but for now, you seem to eat varied food sobit should be fine. God speed.
>>
ayy whenever I get to the bottom of a squat i lose tightness in my back which exposes my spine to the barbell and makes it dig in and hurt.
how do I maintain tightness? I'm going to try keeping my elbows up and having a narrower hand placement on the bar
>>
>>39014290
Probably either an injury or the muscles are weak af. Do you train upper back? When did the pain start?
>>39014302
Form check and do you breathe into your belly to tighten your core when you go down on a squat?
>>
>TFW legit autismo
>Don't know when it's my turn to talk autismo
>Say things that are completely unrelated to the conversation level autismo
>Girlfriend suspects that I have assburgers
>End up getting a job in engineering
>Can't multitask
>I have literally 9 projects to manage
>Just end up ignoring stuff hoping it goes away
>It never does
>Thought id be doing analysis and calculations
>50% of my life is spent on the phone talking to architects
>Interrupt them constantly and feel guilty about it.
>Everyone thinks I'm god tier clever and 'observant' becasue I harness autismo that I've never told anyone about
>I hate everyone
>Tell someone this by accident
>But anon, why does everyone like you then?
>Fug
>Life is suffering

How do normal people do this day in day out? I feel like I overthink everything to the point of anxiety.

Are people just wired to not give a fuck?

This is a legit question. Not a self pity post.

If the answer is yes, and people dgaf, then I just need to adopt that sort of outlook.
>>
>>39014095
Count how much protein you're eating. Don't use supplements before doing that.
>>
>>39011268
I need to know all there is to know about milk and dairy. Maybe you guys can just point me somewhere, since this might be more info that what one post can hold.

1) What does milk/dairy do for my body?
2) Do I need milk and dairy?
3) Are there any downsides to soy milk? Particularly as opposed to normal cow's milk?
4) Can milk adequately be replaced with soy milk?
5) Does soy milk go as well with oats as milk does?
>>
>>39014319
yup
>>
What veg does /fit/ eat when there's hardly any time to cook?
>>
2 months into SS and I'm stalling on squats at 250lbs while all my other lifts including deadlifts are going up.

Any advice on how to get my squats up?
>>
>>39014449
No veg takes a long time to cook,rofl... Beans, spinach, broccoli, oats, rice. They all cook quickly, what are you on about? If you don't have time, just make precooked meals during the weekend to use throughout the week.
>>39014459
Form check and if need be, deload. To get my squat up, I did lunges and went heavier on the leg press. Best of luck, anon.
>>
>>39014359
The only people who give a shit have depression or anxiety or both
>>
>>39014045
PPL, SS, GSLP, 5/3/1, are good lifting programs Couch to 5k is a good intro to cardio
>>
>>39014082
Your body fat is high increase your muscle mass by lifting heavy things up and down, read the stick pick a program, do the program
>>
>>39014501
That doesn't bode well for me.

Is it possible to force yourself no not five a fuck, but in a non sociopathic sense?

Maybe that is what CBT is.
>>
>>39014533
I use to be in the sameish boat. Here's what conclusion I came to at one point in my life:
If I can control it, I can fix it, so what does it matter since it's in my power? If it's out of my control and I can't do anything, why worry about something I can't influence since the outcome isn't influenced by me.

Take for example your predicament. You keep ignoring you work, aye? Well, you still have the power to do all said work, so why not just do it and get it over with if it's bothering you? And if it bites you in the ass or you cut someone off talking, why worry about it since it's over with and the reaction they have to it won't depend upon you anymore.
>>
I just did a full workout with a fractured sternum and every lift hurt like hell. I'll be okay though, right?
>>
>>39014359
>Girlfriend suspects that I have assburgers
>How do normal people do this day in day out?

You are a normie if you have a girlfriend you autist
>>
The way I understand HIIT, it's a way to trick yourself into doing more intense exercise. i.e. 30 minutes of LISS = 0 intense exercise = not much benefit except endurance. 6x30s HIIT splits with 4 mins rest = 30 minutes exercise but 3 full minutes of maximum intensity exercise which > 30 minutes of LISS.
Currently I'm doing 30s max intensity sprint/30s walking rest splits. This doesn't leave me fully recovered by the next sprint, so while I'm doing the best I can, it's not my fastest speed. Should I leave more recovery time between sprints so that I can run faster, or does it not matter as long as I'm pushing myself to the limit, even if that limit is lower due to fatigue?
>>
>>39014643
What if you and your gf are both autists
>>
>>39014359
I am also autist and was diagnosed at 24. Some assburgers are better than others at picking up on the social shit and are able to basically chameleon, but not 100% of the time. This 99% passing can actually be worse than full blown retarded autism because people think you're just being a dick, also that tiny bit that isn't perfect is even more obvious.

Go to a psych that specializes in assburgers. Even one who specializes in adult women might be an option (there are shit tons of women out there with undiagnosed assburgers because women are generally better at the chameleon thing)
Anyway see a psych who will diagnose you and then give you some CBT
Make sure the rest of your life is in order - do you have other issues with sleep, eating, etc? A lot of autismos do. Go to specialists for those things, anxiety etc is a lot easier to deal with when it's the only problem on your plate

After my diagnosis I was able to fix my sleeping, which helped me fix my unemployment, which helped me move out, this removed the stress of living with my psycho mom which helped me get back in school, helped me fix my completely retarded eating, now am about to graduate in a field that's actually suited to my super autismo powers, in fact everyone knows I'm autism and don't care because it actually helps and because CBT and general psych helped me to be less of a faggot socially. Being relaxed and not overthinking mistakes helps a lot with that. Mindset is also really fucking important. If there's one thing I've learned since turning my whole life around, it's that the mindset thing is not a meme. But you're /fit/ so I'm sure you understand that. Anyway CBT will help with all that.

Unfortunately therapy has not taught me how to stop rambling. Hope this helps anon. Any questions, ask.
>>
The gf is getting fit and losing weight. She is afraid her boobs are going to sag though, she has always had large breasts for her frame. What should I tell her to do?
>>
>>39014797
there isn't really anything you can do about loose skin. But if she's always had big tits they should remain relatively big. Source: seen 2 big-titted female friends lose 30+kg and keep their huge tits, although they went down a few bra sizes their boobs remained in their original proportion mostly.
>>
>>39014776
>Sleeping
My sleep patterns are erratic. I mean, I manage to get up for work every day, but I'm all over the place.

>Eating
My weight fluctuates by a few kilos a month, I eat like shit some days, not at all on other days and then really sensibly the rest.

What really tips me off is the look that people give me when I say something during a conversation. It becomes very awkward at the drop of a hat.

Ive never really had any friends my age that I could relate to, until now, I'm 26. Additionally, in learnt recently that when I was younger, between the ages of 2-5, I never spoke to children my age. I was that kid who sat talking to the teachers at nursery etc. Instead of playing with others. My parents thought it was cute, but looking back... It makes me wonder.
On the flip side, I'm very creative as a person; I never did that stacking in order shit when I was younger it was always space ships made of Lego.
>>
I have hyperlordosis, what gym machine should i use to fix my back?
>>
>>39014829
That sounds reassuring, thanks. Shame about the skin though.
>>
when calculating caloric needs, should I estimate my lean body mass? The fat doesn't need energy, so I'm afraid I might up with higher numbers than I should have.

skelly with a gut/chubby thighs basically
>>
>>39014838
>Sleeping
Melatonin. I credit it (and therefore being able to wake up at socially acceptable times) with at least 50% of my life transformation. Also use an alarm clock that you have to solve math problems before it shuts off.

>Eating
Unfortunately I don't really have any specific tips about eating because the way I got mine under control wasn't really conscious, but it came about as a result of working on all the other things that were wrong, being more confident, and having less anxiety about life in general and therefore also food.

Being able to tell that it's become awkward is half the battle. Awareness is absolutely key. The next step is being aware that what you're about to say will make it awkward. The step after that is knowing what to do instead, and I still haven't made it to that step, and maybe never will, but I'm working on it. We're all gonna make it. Therapy and practising mock social situations helped a fuck ton with this.

You sound a little autismo and a little not autismo. It's the same story with everyone who's diagnosed late. There's a reason we weren't diagnosed in childhood. In my case I actually went to a psych at age ten, and I read the notes of his file and my jaw dropped because it was basically this:

>anon is a complete sperg
>eats only 3 foods, separates them by color
>doesn't make eye contact, has cold affect and the vocab of an adult
>has intense sperg interests and repetitive behaviors
>but i don't think he has autism, he has too many friends

I mean I get why he didn't diagnose me but jesus it was literally textbook assburger symptoms. I was studying childhood development at the time so I had a good understanding of textbook symptoms too.

http://rdos.net/eng/Aspie-quiz.php
It looks retarded but it's a pretty good starting off point. Since you didn't get a diagnosis as a child you'll have a fair amount of NT traits, but it's more about whether you score highly on the aspie traits.
>>
>>39014945
Calculators estimated my TDEE at 1800. When I got a DEXA scan and inputted my actual BF% it dropped to 1500. That was at 50% BF though. If you can afford it go get the scan done, otherwise calipers.
>>
>>39011268
What kind of macros are optimal for a clean bulk/bulk?
>>
>>39014973
no way, permapoor student here :D

Okay, I'll try to find some "good" callipers (I doubt there's much of a difference between them)
>>
I can't see my abs, but I'm not too fat, you can barely see it through my shirt sometimes, how do I lose that belly fat by running, like can someone give me a plan? For example 10 minute run a day or wtvr
>>
>>39015007
Am also poor student but I got it done for like $20 via groupon, see if you can find deals like that, there really is nothing better to see exactly what's going on in your body.
>>
>>39014952
Thanks senpai. I've been looking to sort this all out.

Pic related is my score.

I didn't actually expect to be this hardcore autismo.

I did my best to answer legitimately without bias, but who knows really.
>>
>>39015075
yep, you're pretty autistic. That quiz isn't a diagnosis, but for reference my score had a lot more on the blue side and i was still diagnosed by a professional.
But yeah it's hard to tell when you're self-reporting. The only way to tell for certain is to talk it out with a professional.
>>
>>39015035
Huh. Never thought there'd be deals on procedues like that. I'll keep an eye out, thanks!
>>
>>39015109
Thanks for the help.

I'll go through it again and see if I can de-autism the score.

Tbh I'm sure that if I tell a psych that I use Linux as my home daily OS, I'll b immediately diagnosed. Kek
>>
>>39015005
/fit/ pls
>>
Been on a diet for 4 weeks now, but i'm willing to go more serious for it. So i'm thinking food prep. As a student, the only pay i have is around 115 dollars a month. Anyone got any tips for what kind of food i could get that doesnt cost much? Plannning to lose 7-8 kg bodyfat in 2-3 months. I'm not a weak eater (can eat awful tasting food for weeks without getting tired.
>>
>>39015197
thinking around 3 meals a day. Can go hungry without problems.
>>
>>39014202
ADHD is overdiagnosed in kids but underdiagnosed in adults
>>
How should I position my legs during pull-ups / chinups? I always have them crossed because my pull-up bar isn't that high but I see people pointing them forward sometimes
>>
Does anyone know where a poorfag can get a free pdf of starting strength no viruses?
>>
Do you think scooby1961 is better at blowjobs or handjobs?
>>
My knees are fucked but I still want to squat.

Will compression sleeves keep my knees from getting more fucked?
>>
Will using a belt weaken my core?
>>
>>39015532
Maybe focus the energy you were going to put into SS on getting a decent job first
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-10-04-57-28.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-10-04-57-28.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
Am I going too low for DLs? (sumo)
>>
>>39016778
Rent + college + food at youth minimum wage is hard enough to pay desu
>>
>>39013417
Anyone?
>>
If u remember/wrote it down, what were your 5RMs when you hit 1/2/3/4?
>>
>>39013417
keep cutting, 17% bf is way too high a starting point for a bulk, unless you don't care about aesthetics at all.

>Also, when it comes to bulking, am I bulking for the protein alone? Or the protein and calories?
for the calories. There would be no reason to ever bulk if you just needed to consume high protein amounts to gain muscle mass.
>>
>>39015532
a certain russian site with book pdfs.
>>
>>39017293
Thanks anon, people have told me to start bulking in the past but I'd say the same thing. I want to stay decently cut for my bulk. And thanks for answering the other question I wasn't sure. Last question:

Does this look like 17%bf ? Or higher I'm bad at judging

5,10" 166
>>
File: IMG_20161009_133129.jpg (3MB, 2992x4000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161009_133129.jpg
3MB, 2992x4000px
>>39017371
Pic related
>>
>>39015721
he does neither. scott is the bottom

>>39016712
how are your knees fucked?

>>39016753
no but without belt your core gets stronger faster
>>
>>39017393
so when we say: he is 17% bf we mean that he has no visible abs, has some love angles and a belly but not obese. that does not mean 17% of his body mass is actually fat. for more information:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oWcpweTuXs
>>
File: work.jpg (31KB, 474x195px) Image search: [Google]
work.jpg
31KB, 474x195px
should i change anything? started 2 weeks ago
>>
>>39017501
dips, DB BP and DB incline are overkill so cut them out. if you worry about your upper chest add incline flys because it doesn't train triceps.

now you don't want to squat thrice a week to avoid trex but the thing is: squats are hard and high frequency helps developing your own squat style. so I recommend you add squats to B as well but don't raise the eight as fast as you could

I like that you put upper body before lower body and that you do curls but no triceps isolaton
>>
>>39015165
Go 40/30/30 and see where it takes you. Better method would be this: calculate your calories. take 1g - 1,5g protons per pound of bodyweight. Calculate what 20% fat of your total calories are in g (look up how many kcal one gram is, I'm on the phone) the rest is carbs. Tedious, but it works.
>>
>>39017482
Interesting, I thought that it was some sort of measurement. So basically wherever I think I look good I should bulk
>>
>>39011268
Why can I do biceps and triceps work-outs indefinitely? How will I know I've done enough for my arms? They don't get tired and I'm sick of 8-hour arm workouts.
I lift as heavy as I can without sacrificing form. I've also tried adding cheat curls but nothing works.
>>
Is it accurate to say that each push up takes away 1 calory?

I'm calory counting and sometimes for dinner I am eating maybe 100 calories extra so I plan ahead and do 33 push ups a couple of times over the day and then I substract 33 calories from my number so that I can fit that last meal of the day perfectly.

Is this accurate or am I fooling myself? I found figures online that confirmed it but it was 1 article and I am afraid that they are fat pandering.

>do 50 push ups and then you can order a large meal from Mc Donald's with no guilt!

and that kind of stuff.
>>
>>39018357
You can't really measure stuff like that, unfortunately.

Personally I'm bulking and when I exercise I always pretend I lost more calories than I actually did, forcing myself to eat more. You can do the same but vice versa, so doing the push-ups or maybe a short 5 minute cardio session but simply not counting them as calories.

If you're going to fool yourself do it in such a way that it benefits your progress, not potentially sabotage it.
>>
>>39013685
Mirin
>>
my nose is really blocked/ stuffed due to allergy and my head hurts a bit, but I have a workout planned for tomorrow (a cardio warm up and weight training)

should I skip it? I don't have muscle ache
>>
>>39018357
Nah, think if it like trying to drive a car you've fueled with subpar gas at the same intensity as if with normal. 75% of weight loss/aesthetic (if not more) is diet.

Don't be afraid to have a cheat meal once a week or so if it keeps you sane, but 1 pushup=1 calorie isn't the issue because of what you actually burn.
>>
>>39018499
no just breathe though your mouth. I mostly do wich leads to bad breath but I still function. I was always bad at cardio though. don't run outside if you're mouthbreathing
>>
>>39011268
When will someone open a new CBT thread? Old one is bump limit, but I'm too DYEL to open a new one
>>
>>39018661
>I'm too DYEL to open a new one
I'm afraid of things like this too. don't be like me
>>
>>39018602
>1 pushup=1 calorie isn't the issue

But it is the issue. I want a way to cheat without it really being cheating. I need numbers.

>>39018444

Do any of you have a source to calculate maybe a more accurate figure or could recommend me a more quantifiable exercise?

I've seen more solid figures on running and stuff but I have a problem with that: I do not want to leave my room. Push ups I can do in my room, and they are silent so also no one could even imagine I am doing push ups.

Is there any other exercise that I could do in my room that also will not bring any unwanted attention to my person?
>>
>>39018661
>>39018679
>>39018735
>>
>>39018707
you need to realize that you have a problem, step up to your parents and get professional help
>>
>>39017001
>DL anything less than 135 as a "man"
For what purpose?
>>
>>39018774
>you need to realize that you have a problem

I don't have a problem. I am just at an optimal weight and shape (ehh shape not really) with a 24 BMI which wikipedia says is good and I want to make sure I do not gain more. I want to stay like I am for life and maybe get buffer arms by using a strength exercise like push ups for the counter measure of over eating.

By professional help do you mean talking to a dietician? Just to be clear, I am not willing to change my diet. I will just eat below or around my optimal intake and do exercise to combat any mistakes.
>>
>>39018832
I'm sorry, nevermind then. these things just confused me
>I do not want to leave my room
>that also will not bring any unwanted attention to my person
>no clue about weight loss
>>
>>39018679
I-I just want to feel safe in the sea of other guys' pictures
>>
I started working out in between classes at uni. My current backpack is too small to hold all of my class stuff, workout clothes and shower stuff. Should I get a duffel bag or is that too autistic to carry around campus? Wat do
>>
>>39018963
I use a duffel bag if it's a workout day
I acutally notice mires because of it
>>
>>39018963
>duffel bag
No-one cares what fucking bag you take to uni m8.
>>
>>39013801
Hmm. Would it be better to drop cardio and dirty bulk while doing SL/5x5 and clean cut after significant gains are made?
>>
>>39018473
mirin what? his gyno or the fat rolls
>>
>>39018707
>>39018832
youll never look good unless you join a gym and start dieting hard, i can fucjing guarantee it. since youre not even willing to admit you need help thats all the advice you get
>>
If I miss a workout in my starting strength program will mark come to my house and kill me? It's canadian thanksgiving and I don't feel like doing shit.
>>
>>39019197
>im gonna be fat and stupid, ill disguise it with a joke

your choice mate, we dont give a shit
>>
I've been lifting for about 2 years consecutively but off and on because I keep fucking injuring myself. Pulled my MDL, then sprained my ankle, then got tendonitis in my left tricep.

Anyway my gains have pretty much stopped. My numbers are:

Squat - 200
Bench - 160
DL - 315
OHP - 105

Is it normal to hit a plateau around this point? I'm not sure if I'm just fucking dumb and keep hurting myself because my form is terrible or if this something everyone experiences.
>>
>>39019365
haha what an idiot to waste all those efforts because you dont have enough force of will to stretch and proper form

speriority is only for the chosen ones of real effort
>>
>>39019365
I'm assuming these are pounds, not kilos. If so, 2 years of lifting the results are not great.

Just for reference I'm a DYEL who's been lifting for 3 months and my squat is 195 currently. Shouldn't you have hit 1.5 pl8 on deadlift too? Odd to see someone hit 1pl8 on OHP before 2pl8 on squats.
>>
>>39019411
not deadlift, bench. hurrr
>>
>>39012197
Depends on how old they are. How old are you?
>>
I love you all so much
>>
Are there any non-meme home gym workouts?
>>
>>39019531
I literally started with scooby's routines 2.5 years ago. don't expect results equal to SS/TM
>>
>>39019522
that's not a question
>>
>>39019592
kek
>>
I'm doing Canditos LP strength routine.

Heavy lower body day calls for 2 sets of 6 deadlifts.

I can deadlift 150kg for 6, but it takes a while (5+mins) before I feel ready to do a second set.

I'd rather do one, even heavier set.

Is it sensible to swap 2x6 150kg for 1x6 160+kg, or should i stick to the routine as prescribed?
>>
>>39015396
Holding them in an "L" position in front of you will benefit your core at the same time, but crossed is perfectly fine and usually what i do
>>
>>39019365
If you're stalling at a 200 lb squat, you're not recovering properly. Eat more, sleep more, or both.
>>
>>39019662
Or he's doing so much he can't recover from it.
Or the programming he's following doesn't work for him (anymore).

Everyone has a different strength progression.
Saying that someone should progress at a certain level will just hold back people with good potential and burn out people with shit potential.
>>
>>39019717
>Everyone has a different strength progression.
No one should have over an 100lb difference between their squat and deadlift
>>
>>39019657
5+ min is not unusual. upper limit is 8-10 min
>>
>>39019382
dude it's true, I know, I didn't stretch and I've only ever lifted without a spotter so my form was pretty shit for a while before I worked it out.

>>39019411
I know. Like I said, I was injured a lot so that effected my gains. I couldn't do legs for months as my knee healed so my squat is shit, plus I'm kind of terrified of fucking it up again so I don't push it as hard.
>>
How disappointed will I be with my abs when I cut if I never do any isolation exercises for abs?
I just figure they get worked with all the compound movements I do.
>>
What do you guys use as carb sources in your diets?

Just curious if there are any interesting foods I never considered adding to my diet.
>>
>>39011268
Ive been working out for 4 months and have dropped 60 lbs. im 6'1 and weigh 219. when should I stop cutting?
>>
>>39019717
Yeah, I assumed he wasn't using a shit program.
Assuming his programming isn't stupid, then he isn't recovering properly. Even someone with shit genetics isn't going to end their LP at a 200 lb squat, assuming they're a male between the ages of 18 and 35.
>>
>>39019888
Try to get down to 12% bodyfat. Minimum you should achieve is 15%
>>
File: 1471042062816.jpg (179KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1471042062816.jpg
179KB, 1280x720px
I don't have enough equipment to put to use in my parents' home home.

What are the necessary pieces that i need. They have a bench-press thing to lay on and a treadmill and some small dumbells. I'm a complete noob, (sedentary since birth)

Should I just do bodyweight exercises? I'm thinking of going into 5x5. I'm 5'11 135llbs btw.
>>
>>39019908
how would i go about cutting this much? wouldn't i need to be at like 130 lbs for that?
>>
>>39019895
>Even someone with shit genetics isn't going to end their LP at a 200 lb squat, assuming they're a male between the ages of 18 and 35.
That's where you're wrong, unfortunately.
I notice this a lot: people underestimate what some people can achieve strength-wise (without roids), but they overestimate what some people should achieve.

At 5'10", ~80kg and 21 years old, I ended my LP a bit over a 2 plate squat.
It's totally possible that some at my height or a bit shorter ends their LP at 200lbs.
>>
>>39019888
When you should stop depends on your goals. Do you want to be strong? Then stop cutting once your lifts are affected. Do you just want to weigh less or look better? Cut until you're happy with what you see in the mirror or on the scale. Keep in mind that if you don't have much muscle mass, then you will look like shit no matter how much weight you lose, keep this in mind. Don't be one of those idiots that cuts til they weight 140 and wonder why they can't see their abs.
>>
File: first skwat.jpg (2MB, 2705x2204px) Image search: [Google]
first skwat.jpg
2MB, 2705x2204px
>>39013977
>not squatting ass to sip
>>
>>39019957
thanks. all of my lifts have continued to progress while I cut but I just a not sure whether or not starting a bulk would just make me fat again
>>
File: 1271605414108s.jpg (18KB, 126x110px) Image search: [Google]
1271605414108s.jpg
18KB, 126x110px
>>39019925
No. take a minute to google bodyfat percentage.
>>
>>39019992
i did. i dont have anyway to measure it besides the basic calculator
>>
>>39019945
You're not a special snowflake. If you weigh 80 kg, you didn't run LP to its fullest potential. I guarantee you, you can LP to at the very least a 285 squat, if not even in the 300s, if you were weigh 200 lbs. I can understand if you don't want to gain a ton of weight, but don't blame genetics for your lack of strength gains if you're afraid to put on weight.
>>
>>39019945
yet their deadlift and OHP are significantly stronger
>>
>>39019992
never mind im apparently at 21 % now. thanks for the advice
>>
>>39020020
>You're not a special snowflake.
Let me repeat this, because it's apparently not sinking in yet: people underestimate what some people can achieve strength-wise (without roids), but they overestimate what some people should achieve.

>I guarantee you, you can LP to at the very least a 285 squat, if not even in the 300s, if you were weigh 200 lbs.
After my LP ended I did actually try gaining even more weight.
I went up to 88kg. I didn't reach a 285lbs squat.

>>39020022
Yeah, it could be a technique issue on squats, or whatever.
The replies I made were more in general, not the anon in specific, sorry for any confusion.
>>
Why am I all of a sudden getting stretch marks all over my fucking body?

They are appearing out of nowhere and I have no idea why.

I'm so fucking depressed

This is abnormal. I've gotten LOADS just fucking out of the blue

Why ;-;
>>
>>39020154

Are you bulking hard?
>>
>>39020154

>humble bragging
>>
>>39020203
Maintaining. Been doing some intense bodybuilding after years of strength training though.
I guess that night be it?

>>39020228
?????
>>
>>39020270

If you are quickly adding size, then you will get stretch marks. It is simple as that.
>>
>>39020289
I'm not adding size though, I look no fucking different ;-;

How can I bodybuild then???
>>
>>39017940
>3500 calories for tdee + bulk.
>1.25*165=206g of protein per day, which is 824 calories.
>3500*.2=700 calories from fat. 700/9=78g of fat per day.
>3500-824-700=1976 calories from carbs. 1976/4=494g of carbs per day.
>Which winds up being 24% protein, 20% fats and 56% carbs.
Where am I going wrong?
>>
I'm a teacher and I stand 95% of the day. 1/3rd of this time, I'm standing relatively still at the front of the room, the other 2/3rds of the day I am walking to different desks around the room

Is this considered sedentary, light, or active?
>>
>>39020406
Teaching in Korea?
>>
>>39020435
no in america does this change this?
>>
Any good exercises to reduce the size of your cheeks?
>>
>>39020451
Yeah there's less gravity in Korea but don't worry about it
>>
>>39020451
I'd go for light.
>>
>>39020480
All of the exercises
>>
Can anyone post a link to the trappy fit wikia?
>>
>>39020480
Just lose weight.
>>
>>39011268
Whats difference between wide grip and narrow grip deadlifts? Any benefit to one over the other?
>>
>>39020480
You probably have Lumbar Lordosis if you're not fat but your ass looks larger than it should. Read the sticky to fix that
>>
Guys quick
Should I have oats or scrambled eggs for breakfast?
>>
>>39021884
What helps you meet your macros?
>>
>>39021672
Narrow, to the point of your arms being between your legs is a sumo deadlift.

Wider grip, that is, outside your legs, is a traditional deadlift.

Google sumo vs deadlift to see a bunch of discussion on muscles worked and which is for you.
>>
I drank too much coffee with dinner and now my stomach feels like a washing machine.

How can I survive until it's time to drop the payload? Alternatively, how can I speed up the crap factory?
>>
>>39021884
oats, eggs smell bad and you will have to clean the dish immediately.
>>
>>39020406
Sedentary. Light would be a trade worker who moves bricks all day, active would be a sportsman.
>>
>>39021897
Not 100% on that
Fatass still learning the ropes and I really just can't make up my mind
>>
>>39021912
That helped but I realized I didnt give enough description. My hands are outside legs, but my pointer finger is just touching the non rough part of the bar while the rest is on the rough part. Im not reffering to the one single ring of smooth bar but the larger area near the center.

Is that than narrow or wide? Should my pinkie be on that smooth ring?
>>
Can anyone post a link to the new fit wikia? the one trappy was working on with a white background
>>
>>39020387
>Where am I going wrong?
Your body doesn't care about percentages. Why would it?

Instead, you need to be getting requisite protein to support LBM, requisite fat to govern hormones and fill in the rest with carbs for energy. Of course you can move the numbers around based on how you feel. All studies and numbers we give should always be used as training wheels, your body knows best and you should tinker based on body feedback.

.4g/lb fat
1g/lb fat
rest carbs
So if you are 200lb, that's 200g protein, but feel free to aim for a window in the 180-220g range.
>>
>>39021922
Okay. Well what are your macros and caloric requirements for the day?
>>
>>39021929
It should be where it is comfortable and doesn't impede motion (if your legs hit your hands, you have an issue).

An inch either side doesn't really matter in the grand scheme.
>>
>>39021991
I should note. If you get your feet under the bar (midfoot). Drop your hips into position and let your arms dangle, they should naturally hit the bar and that can give you a good starting spot. I wouldn't go more narrow than this, but go wider if you find your legs/arms are hitting each other.
>>
>>39021983
Honestly, I know it's lazy and probably bad but 90g protein and 3000 or so calories but I will without a doubt have a strong deficit today, hanging out with friends right after breakfast who can barely afford two servings of ramen a day
>>
>>39022026
Sounds like you are just shooting in the dark which is a sure way to fail. How much do you weigh?

3000 calories seems very large to cut on, even for a fat guy and 90g protein seems very low.

You need to read the sticky at the very least.
>>
>>39022051
Lost 15kg since I started, right now I weigh 113 kg
There was a lot of people saying different things, I decided 90 because the middle ground of what everyone was saying was the 1g per kg meme
>>
>>39013769
> FIVE push-ups
Holy shit anon I hope you have enough steroids to get thru this
>>
>>39022091
>I decided 90 because the middle ground of what everyone was saying was the 1g per kg meme
1g per lb*, so you are off by a factor of 2.2
>>
>>39021914

Please help /fit/ I need a diarrhea tier shit it feels like something's going to burst out of there

It might be food poisoning
>>
>>39022122

Oh fuck I think it's coming up the other way.

Forget advice just pray for me, going to suffer for a while in a public restroom
>>
>>39022117
Well fuck that would explain why I still can't lift much more than when I started
Per lb of lean mass, right? Thanks for clearing that up Anon
>>
>>39011548
https://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc
>>
>>39022138
F
>>
Was 300lbs and have cut down to about 240. 6'1" pretty muscular with wide shoulders and decent genetics. Think I could start bulking at 220 or is that still too fat?
>>
>>39022144
Just go with lb of mass, then you are safe. Protein is more satiating and helps with recovery, so even if you overshoot by 50g nobody is going to care.
>>
i haven't gone to the gym in 10 days because of severe illness

how fucked am i
>>
The fuck do I do after a breakup? I have no motivation to lift or eat.

I loved her so much /fit/.
>>
>>39022177
That's reassuring, looks like I'm getting loads more chicken today
>>
>>39022007
Ok I have been doing the drop arms down so I think im good. Havent been in pain or anything so Ill keep at it. Thanks.
>>
>>39022184
AIDS can kill you anon
>>
>>39022176
It's up to you when you bulk. If I were you I would buy calipers and set definitive cutting goals, when those are completed look to reverse/recovery diet into a gaining period.

Based on very little information, I would wager you need to hit closer to 200, not 220, before stopping the cut.
>>
>>39022176
calculate your own BMI and you'll have your answer

protip: you're not one of those bodybuilders who aren't obese even though their BMI says they are
>>
>>39022184
You aren't recovery is important.
>>
>>39022198
Fair enough, thanks man
>>
>>39022197
it's not AIDS it was diabetic ketoacidosis

i was a bad diabetic and didn't take my insulin because i was all depressed :(
>>
File: tbhtbhtbh.jpg (73KB, 849x872px) Image search: [Google]
tbhtbhtbh.jpg
73KB, 849x872px
Why are hardly any of the threads on here about fitness? I browsed here years ago and while there was still plenty of shitposting, there was still a decent amount of fitness discussion. The quality has dropped so much.
>>
>>39022220
As long as you're not dying all you can do is get back in there and get those gains back anon
>>
>>39022185
Lift so you can get an qt gf. That or abandon this world at get a sweet 2D waifu
>>
>>39022247
word, thanks man

i'll be able to start eating normal food again tomorrow so i'll probably go back tuesday
>>
>>39011441
>three weeks
>>
>>39019913
better question,

how much is a monthly gym membership. can i buy straight up for the whole year? i'd like to just do it in my house but i guess that's not the best idea according to the response to my last post.
>>
>>39011455
Check your form. A bad squat fucks you up the next day.
>>
>>39022281
You need a barbell and a power rack at minimum. Gym prices vary over the world, are you in Ukraine? Australia? Canada?
>>
>>39017001
Its ok m8. As long your chins are touching the bar you need to go down as much as you need.
>>
File: 824531511_1_1000x700.jpg (43KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
824531511_1_1000x700.jpg
43KB, 1000x562px
>>39022297
at max what would i need?

i have a barbell and pic related
us, i'm in a relatively big city
>>
>>39022392
At maximum the sky is the limit. But if you don't have a power rack you are really limited.

Looks like you don't realistically have enough space to set up a home gym.
>>
I've been drinking a coffee preworkout for about 3 months now, last week I tapered down to half a cup this week I'm not gonna take any.

Basically is there anything I can put In my shake long term to get me pumped? I don't wanna turn into a caffeine addict therefore I'm quitting caffeine as a pwo until I start my cut.

Do electrolytes actually do anything? or is it just placebo? I have some electrolyte tea.
>>
File: 1461352444466.png (37KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
1461352444466.png
37KB, 700x600px
Hey lads I'm starting GSLP (/fit/ version) tomorrow after three months of fucking around 4 days a week at the gym.

Any tips, advice, mean words of disencouragement are appreciated; especially on accesory exercises.
>>
>>39022438
The accessory exercises exist only to satiate the novice who foolishly believes that more is better.

The goal of a beginner is to learn the big lifts and ramp up in weights at the fastest possible rate. Nothing else really matters.

Supinating curls? Fucking lol.
>>
>>39022421

>electrolytes

like the ones in pretty much everything?

Check out this amazing electrolyte filled recovery/workout drink that they don't want you to know:

water
sugar
salt

WOAWWA
>>
>>39022392
wow and I thought my setup in my garage outside was limited in space

>>39022420
>But if you don't have a power rack you are really limited.

yeah without a power rack it's hard to do your best on squats and ohp, atleast for me.
>>
Fairly new to the gym. My form is still shit and I can tell when I'm doing it wrong. My major muscles can lift a lot heavier but then form goes out the window. Should I keep it light until my form gets better? Muh gainz tho.
>>
File: image.jpg (1015KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1015KB, 3264x2448px
If I keep up a good diet and do 5x5 sl, how long will it take me to become ottermode?
>>
>>39022543
>If I keep up a good diet and do 5x5 sl, how long will it take me to become ottermode?
How long is a piece of string?
>>
>>39022543
ottermode is more about low bf than massive strength gains
>>
>>39022588
So high protein/low carb diet while expending more calories than consumed while lifting 3x a week will get me there. I it that easy? Read the sticky and thats what I took away. Forgive me, brand new here
>>
>>39022542
Focus on form first, always.
>>
>>39022618
just lift with a solid routine and eat at a mild calorie deficit while getting ~1g protein per pound of bodyweight

ez way for solid body composition during noob gains
>>
>>39014359
>"hurr guys I'm autistic"
>has girlfriend
>has well-paying job
>everyone likes him and nobody notices the autism
>>>>>>"""life is suffering"""

This is some woman-tier attention whoring. Literally "OMG I'm so fat~~~" instagram post tier
>>
>>39022618

Yep, just don't go too hard on the cut. No more than 500 kcal deficit should be OK (provided your TDEE is around 2300 kcal)
>>
>>39011876
10% is pretty low. Oil is fine as long as you control exactly how much you use, and you should try to get more than 10% anyways.
>>
>>39022714
>No more than 500 kcal deficit should be OK
For what it's worth the lowest you can go is based on how much energy a lb of fat can give off a day (31cal/lb).

So if you are 220lb and 20% body fat, you have 44lb fat and can run a 1364 (44 * 31) calorie deficit.

Obviously I wouldn't advise this.
>>
When a routine say e.g. OHP 3x5
Does it mean that I have to lift the bar 3 times and repeat 5 times?
Or lift the bar 5 times and repeat 3 times?
>>
>>39022945
The latter
>>
>>39022654
>>39022714
Thank you guys. Thats pretty much exactly what ive been doing. How much longer before better muscle definition do you think? 4 months?
>>
>>39023045
there's no easy way to guess. you can use body fat estimators online to give you a rough idea and then extrapolate the timeframe, but other than that it's just lift hard and eat right until you're there
>>
Should I watch the debate or go to the gym?
>>
>>39022228
probably because most of the discussion got canned into something like this thread.
>>
>>39011268

5'8
150 pounds

Very hard to get abs lol. I'm at the point where I no longer loose weight being at the gym for 2hrs a day eating 2000cal a day. Not really worth going under this as you would just end up eating normally again.
>>
>>39022954
Thanks.
>>
>>39023084
Go to the gym.
>>
>>39023066

Fuck me if I know, way too many factors. Burning the fat should be easy since you're not that chubby to begin with.

Building muscle is a whole other thing; usually I hear people whine about fat loss being complicated because they don't know how hard is to build muscle comparatively. Ideally I'd have you on manteinance a bit more (at least 3 months of SL) before going on a deficit/cut. But since you seem to be on a hurry I guess your best bet is to rake in the noob gains while on a cut.

Hit your proton AND fat macros every day and make sure you sleep well.

Good luck
>>
>>39023084

Go to the gym, you'll probably have all the equipment for yourself because retards are watching a debate between two faces of the same coin.
>>
>>39023169
You may need to eat less than 2000 calories.

You may not have well enough defined muscles (you are very light).

2 hours a day doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>39017501
bump
>>
>>39017501
lol all you did was add heaps of bench and curls like a bro.

Looks shit.
>>
>>39023256
You are right, I have the whole gym to myself. Nobody around to judge me so im using straps on romanian deadlift teehee
>>
>>39011268
As long as I am not a fat piece of shit would it be possible to get decent abs by doing the ab wheel on a regular basis?
>>
>>39023988
If you can work it into a progression system, yes.

If you want to grow a muscle, any muscle, you pick an exercise that works it and progress that (in volume, intensity or both).

It's that simple.
>>
>>39024123
>>39024123
>>39024123

new bread
>>
>>39013391
Ice bath.
>>
Why does my arms shake uncontrollably when I OHP/bench
>>
>>39013516
None of them bread is a bad meme
>>
>>39013377
will cardio affect gains?????
>>
>>39022658
Hey listen bud.

We all have our own issues and problems.

Being autistic doesn't necessarily prevent you from having a gf and a job. Some people power through stuff, others succumb to it.

It's all about attitude and not self pity.
>>
>>39023988
Do some sit ups too. Once you can do 20 situps do weighted sit ups.

You should go ahead and do a bit of oblique work too like planks and stuff.
>>
File: Plan.jpg (102KB, 1295x325px) Image search: [Google]
Plan.jpg
102KB, 1295x325px
What does fit think of my plan?
>>
>>39011455
After deadlifts it will occur a lot. On squats you have to improve your form, try to use a smithmachine in the beggining.
>>
How do I cure a tendinitis? It's been fucking my training schedule for 3 weeks now. Ice and rest are doing jackshit.
>>
When breaking through a plateau for OHP, is it better to keep attempting your plateau but multiple times during the week or get more volume with lower weight?
>>
>>39027463

see a doctor. tendinitis can and will fuck you up in ways you didn't think it could.
Thread posts: 309
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.