[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fit/, I just started going to the gym after years of been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1468188003078.jpg (7KB, 204x208px) Image search: [Google]
1468188003078.jpg
7KB, 204x208px
Hey /fit/, I just started going to the gym after years of been a neet. I read the sticky.

Any piece of advice for a piece of shit that wants to stop being a piece of shit?
>pic related, what my arms feel like
>>
>>39010126
self-bump, also adding some background
>never really been the sportsy/physical type
>for a few years seclude myself to my home
>eat more, move less
>might leave home about three times a week tops
>said "enough"
>went to the gym
>>
>>39010165
>instructor is a chill dude
>did some very very light lifting, some minor workout
>look at my arm
>it's all bendy, it won't stretch to it's fullest lenght
>tell instructor
>he looks confused and amused

Now today I still can't bend it right and it hurts like a bitch. I think that if I don't move it it'll be worse, even. Any advice on how to treat sore muscles?
>>
bumping for relevance
>>
Ok here's my top three tips.
Eat fucking correctly! If you're a skinny fuck, no amount of training will get you strong or 'buff' without calories to build muscle. If you're a fat fuck, you cannot out exercise your diet. If you keep eating like shit and do shit ton of exercise you'll remain at the same level of fatness.

Chose the right workout. Aka the full body workouts. You only wanna start a split after its no longer possible to progress linearly on your main lift. Otherwise, youre trading short term gains for long term gains.

Don't get too cocky with your weight. While they have to be challenging, don't compromise your form. I fucked up my back doing 2pl8 Deadlift and wasted next year doing fuck all gym. Currently restarting again. Good luck fammo
>>
You're going to be sore as fuck for a while. Do mobility shit before workout and foam roll/stretch after and it won't be bad after a while.
>>
Former skinnyfag here. 190lbs 6'2 relatively lean.

OP your shit is going to hurt bad for the first month or so after every workout when you start taking lifting seriously. Just eat good fucking food, and lots of it, and train chest/back and arms twice a week

OP you can ask me anything if there's anything you want to know
>>
i have no advice being a noob myself but congragulations on taking the first step senpai

i hope you make it
>>
>>39010126
You're gonna miss that feeling.
>>
>>39010182

unavoidable

drink plenty of water and some light cardio if you feel necessary

get plenty of rest
>>
>>39010126

work through the initial body debilitating soreness.

That shit goes away if you keep at it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.