[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Have you ever got stuck under the bar? >what weight was it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7

File: images (2).jpg (9KB, 291x173px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
9KB, 291x173px
>Have you ever got stuck under the bar?
>what weight was it?
>>
Once at 225lbs. It was 2am and I really thought I had 1 more rep in me. I was a moron for putting on the clamps by myself, so I had to sit there with the bar on my clavicle until someone walked into the back room where the free weights were; about 3-4 minutes.
>>
>>39005178
once under ur mum
reckon it was like 225 or something lol lol lol
>>
>>39005221
Why didn't she just get up?
>>
Yes
80lbs...
>>
>>39005206
it's dumb to put clamps on if you're on your own? wot

i put clamps on for stable weight so shit isn't sliding all over the place. if i get stuck under a flat bench then you just slide to your hips and sit up.
>>
>>39005313

i never have issues with sliding when benching. i dont put clamps on when im solo so that i can just tip the bar when im stuck and slide the weights off.
>>
>>39005313
if the plates are sliding all over the place, you need to lower the weight.
>>
>>39005313
Be safe, lower weight, don't be an ego lifter
>>
>>39005178
It happens. Sometimes volume day is one rep over the line.

I've gotten stuck under all kinds of weight. I think the most was 215 lb?

Just roll it off and keep going.
>>
>>39005332
>>39005400
nah fugg that. i'm getting close to 2.5plate as a tiny asian manlet. i need to fire shots at all these weak faggots at my gym.
>>
Today, it was the last rep too of 5x5 70kg, normaly id just roll it down my body and sit up but this big behemoth of a man came over and lifted it off me and showed me how to use the guards without them ruining form
>>
>>39005178
I got stuck under 105lbs the other day on the third set. I overestimated the progression of noobgains.
>>
>>39005178
Yes. Inclined bench
175lb
>>
>>39005313
t. dyel

only idiots put clamps on bench. only idiots lift with weight they cannot hold steadily.
>>
>>39005178
Got stuck at 4.5pl8 benchpress
>>
>Not having a lifting buddy

Who oils you up after your session?
>>
>>39005506
>but this big behemoth of a man

Sounds so fucking gay.
>>
I got stuck once on my fifth rep at 175lb a couple months ago. Ended up shimmying the weight off one side of the bar to get out. People saw... it was shameful.

Since then I've learned and done a few rolls of shame and haven't been stuck since. I'm less worried about failing as a result.
>>
>>39005506

rolling is ok at low weights but it is almost certain injury after a certain threshold.
>>
File: 1427522554270.jpg (42KB, 407x430px) Image search: [Google]
1427522554270.jpg
42KB, 407x430px
>>39005542
>only idiots put clamps on bench
>retards actually believe this
>>
>>39005592

i put clamps on when im doing any kind of standing lift, but i just dont wobble all that much on a bench, i have maybe an inch of plate movement after a 5 rep set
>>
>>39005592
unless you are lifting on a safety bench, yeah, clips are absolutely retarded on bench even with a spot. that's because spotters can be shoddy.

of course there are always exceptions to everything
>>
>>39005592
Really, only idiots use clamps to bench. Rolling the bar off of you as a bailout can get you injured a lot more often than dumping the weights side to side.
>>
>>39005491
Means nothing, but do as you will
>>
I've been stuck several times. Every time random bros pop out of nowhere and save me, I barely even had the chance to struggle. It's nice of them but still embarassing.

All with around 100kg because that was the weight I was chasing at the time.
>>
25lbs
>>
>finish my deadlifts
>see guy on decline bench
>his eyes were popping out
>face red as fuck
>point at him
>he shakes his head
>manages to lift the bar one last time
>stands up and tries to explain the whole situation to me

Poor guy
>>
File: image.jpg (63KB, 320x253px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63KB, 320x253px
>>
Last time it happened it was 225. Couldn't get my last rep on my last set. There were other people in the weight room so I held the weight on my chest and said "uuhh, could I get a little help here?" And a big guy (4u) came and lifted it off.

If I was alone I would have just tilted the bar and let the weights slide off one side.
>>
Almost got stuck once, was going for 275 lbs (about my 1rm) and was off that day so accidentally out on 295 lbs. Something about that fear really pushed me and I got it. It was ugly though.
>>
File: 1475712701492.jpg (56KB, 464x404px) Image search: [Google]
1475712701492.jpg
56KB, 464x404px
>>39005178
Yeah 135 on incline bench.
had to rack it on the lowest part.
It was right in front of the cardio machines...
>>
>>39005591
I roll ~250lbs with no problems. you just have a weak core
>>
>>39005178
315 incline press @ 175lbs. Rolled if off my body onto the floor, abs got destroyed in the process.
>>
Multiple times. Especially if I didn´t do it in a while with varying weights. From like I guess 80lbs when I was supersetting close grip incline to like 330lbs.

There´s nothing wrong about getting stuck. This is why you have a spotter or powerrack pins, though spotter is superior since with pins sometimes the barbell hits the pins when you try to press it down but its slightly unbalanced (the barbell) and then it can screw up your set.

>>39005332
>>39005400
If you use a newer barbell or homegym and keep it clean the plates will slide off with slight imbalances. The reason it isn't sliding all over the place without clips in your cases is because the barbells you're using are riddled with grease sweat and dirt.
>>
>>39006163
Tell your friend steam rolan to work on his abs and glutes, he has horrible APT.
>>
>>39006100
I had this exact scenario happen to me during my first week of lifting at 100lb. You still managed to power through it and rack the weights to preserve your honour. Good job.
>>
>>39005612
Then go in the powerrack and use pins. What's the issue? Or just use a spotter.

>>39006122
The problem with rolling is not your core. The rolling itself isn't kind to organs.
>>
>>39006217
>>39006100
With the incline I find it pretty easy to stand up and get kind of in a front squatting formation. I've did this with 230lbs a few times and was fine. For flat use spotter / powerrack pins, otherwise its too unsafe.
>>
nope i bench press in the squat rack
>>
No I lift to get stronger and build muscles, not to feed my ego so I use weights proper for my strength level.
>>
>one time it was just me and this other dude in the free weights section of gym
>pinned under lmao 185lbs bench
>yell to him "yo can you get this off me?"
>his music is too loud and doesn't hear me
>have to do roll of shame and hurt my stomach a bit
>>
>>39006333
People have off days/might bench nearer the end of their workout. People don't always know how much they can manage with so many variables
>>
>>39005952
it's ok man we've all been there
>>
File: 1439528693055.png (80KB, 500x503px) Image search: [Google]
1439528693055.png
80KB, 500x503px
I don't get how people "fail" a bench and get stuck under the bar.

Do you even arch your back?
>>
I got stuck at 185 bench once, it was 9ish so not many people in the gym. There was a girl doing cardio I was trying to impress haha. She ended up jumping the railing in front of the treadmill to come help just before I rolled the bar off me (I was using clips) I learned two things that night. Don't lift for your ego and don't use clips on a lift that can crush you.
>>
>>39005178
I got stuck under 50lbs once.

Didn't bench for months after that.

Its weird cause I'm 180lb and can do 15push ups
>>
>>39007256
what's ur leg press bro?
>>
>>39007261
Like 3 pl8. I'm 25% bf
>>
>>39005178
Who are you quoting?
>>
No because bench press is a retarded meme lift
>>
rolled 2plate down my stomach the other day

didn't even get bruises
>>
>>39005583
>lol ur gay
How's being insecure working out for you?
>>
File: 1466653251046.gif (4MB, 200x360px) Image search: [Google]
1466653251046.gif
4MB, 200x360px
>>39005178
>fail on bench
>just tip the barbell to the side and begin to sit up
>guy who was low key monitering me in anticipation of me failing drops what he's doing and zooms through the gym to get to my bench
>I'm halfway through sitting up when he insist on lifting the bar back onto the rack
>I have to slide back into position under a tilted bar and continue pushing through a failed rep just so this guy can fuck up my recovery to "spot" me
>he ends up basically rowing the bar onto the safeties with all his might telling me to keep pushing
>racks the weight and then waits for me to get up so I can thank him for saving my life
>not worth getting into an argument with this guy in the middle of a crowded public area so just say "thanks" and move on
Every fucking time. If you're going to spot me then spot me, but don't come in at the last second to pin me under a weight that wasn't a threat to me anymore for fuck sakes
>>
>>39005178
I got stuck under a bad deadlift. Someone had to spot me to complete the lift
>>
When I was a beginner, 115 pounds. Just couldn't push it up.
>>
>>39006937
>185lb
>crushing you

hello mr bird bones
>>
>>39007459
>tfw fail a pushup and spotter isn't watching
>>
Me yesterday at 185.

Of course I fail my last rep. So I hold the bar mid way, raise my legs, and use my momentum to roll forward. Then just place the weight in front of the bench.

I wanted to kick the plates off I was so pissed.
>>
>>39006179
you must be new
>>
>>39005238
she couldn't
>>
>>39006713
I've got an arch so big it makes isley jealous and still have gotten stuck, I don't get what you're trying to say
>>
>>39005178
Twice at 205 for incline
>tfw not gonna make it
First time I was high as fuck and had just pressed 200 really easily, so I waited out the last minute and a half of a song and tried for that PB. Luckily I had enough in me that keeping the weight from crushing my chest was pretty easy. I rolled it slowly down my front and onto my thighs, and then just deadlifted it off

The second time there was another guy in the gym, and he helped it off after I half-shouted half-laughed for help.
>>
>benching lmao½pl8 and a bit for my 5x5
>struggling on the last rep of my last set but i'm managing to get it up anyway
>about to finish the lockout part of the lift and rack it
>slow but it's going up and I know I'm only a second away from racking it
>guy swoops in and racks it for me
>mad as fuck
>stand up and say thanks anyway
>he wants to work in
>tell him i'm done and he asks for a spot
>benches lmao½pl8 for his warmup
>then 1pl8
>we start talking about liftan
>he tells me he's been lifting for years and that he used to be able to bench 2pl8 for reps
>he then throws on a 10kg plate on each side
>benches that for reps
>he tells me that he regrets not being consistent with his lifting and that's why he lost so much strength
>typical bro telling me I shouldn't add weight every session/week but rather do high reps with low weight (kek)
>pretend to agree because i'm a DYEL and there's no point of arguing over training philosophies when I have nothing to show for it
>he finishes off with 90kg or so and I spot him on the last rep
>exchange thanks and leave
>tfw made a gymfriend

eh, it's not always so bad
>>
>>39005178
No because I don't kid myself
>>
325 lbs max rep. The slide it down your torso method doesn't work after a certain point. Had to call for help because it felt like my chest was being crushed. I was retard and didn't gauge my work capacity properly. Never again.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.