[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Delusional bodybuilding messages

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 10

>that guy on fb who clings to bodybuilding as if it were the hardest goal in the world, requiring massive amounts of mental discipline to accomplish to make up for his embarrassing shortcomings.

Literally, it takes 3 hours max at the gym every other day a few years to get buff, not even close to the time invested into a fucking B.A. in psychology, yet people have the audacity call this shit hard work.
>>
Couldn't agree more
>>
>3 hours

wew lad talk about undertraining ^^
>>
Why do physique competitors/fitness models think they are fucking philosophers? Constantly posting cringey motivational shit.
>>
this is the only quote i respect and live by
>>
>>39002563
To get Arnold size takes longer and immense dedication and sacrifice. That's why so few people win Olympia.

But yeah, most people who post shit like that, like 99.99999%, are total faggots.
>>
>>39002729
No it doesn't you retard, it's just like regular lifting apart from you take all the steroids you can and eat more
>>
>>39002578
Arnold is kind of a different case.

Other than that it's silly, I agree. It's still a little cringey when it's actual athletes, but at least there's some weight to it.
>>
>>39002750
OK brah.
>>
>>39002729
it takes right genetics, right drugs and a lot of food
Arnold said he used to have less than 6 hours of sleep and that his pre contest diet was the same ass off season except he would stop buttering his bread and would do cardio on the beach, Lol
>>
>>39002596
>Not "I love water, in 30 years it'll be gone"
>>
>>39002768
Arnold said a lot of shit that wasn't true though tbf.
>>
>>39002729
>To get Arnold size

He's an exception. He was born genetically blessed - tall, nice musculature, predisposition to muscle development. One in a billion. That's what sets him apart, not his "immense" dedication. Sacrifice? The guy was partying hard and fucking bitches regularly.

Olivier Richters is also tall and good looking, but his body is terrible. He will never look like Arnorld, no matter how much work he puts into bodybuilding.
>>
Some people go full retard once they start lifting

>mfw a cuck talks to me about meditating during the gym
>>
>>39002578
studies prove a link between posting motivational quotes and low IQ. google it
>>
>>39002795
No shit. And I'll never score more goals than Cristiano Ronaldo no matter how much I practise soccer. Fact is some guys are genetically blessed, no argument there.

But if you don't think Arnold busted his fucking ass to get there you're straight retarded. Sure, there's pics of him smoking weed and having beers when he got famous for his physique. But that doesn't discount all the years of work he put in to get there.
>>
>>39002822
I suspect this is very true sadly. Some of the dumbest people I know post shit like this all the time. And the smartest people I know never post this shit.

It also tends to be women more in my experience as well tbqh.
>>
>>39002563
Which is why there's so many buff cunts walking around and a huge scarcity of psych majors.
>>
>>39002563
>B.A. in psychology
That requires 0 time but I otherwise agree with you
>>
>>39002822
this is true.
it's about not being able to reflect upon "wise" or "profound" quotes. they eat it raw and move on. interestingly it's also the same people that STRUGGLE to live by those quotes.
>>
>>39002768
That's probably not true tho
>>
>>39002826
>But if you don't think Arnold busted his fucking ass to get there you're straight retarded.

It's no harder than a nurse's shift, bro. It's not as hard as you make it up to be. A good amount of a bodybuilder's "work" is to rest. Absolutely nothing to brag about.

Also, hadn't Arnold made a transition into acting, he wouldn't be nearly as rich & successful as he is today. Professional bodybuilding is a glorified hobby.
>>
>>39002563
>BA in Psychology.

About as easy squatting 2 plates.
>>
>>39002850
>Which is why there's so many buff cunts walking around and a huge scarcity of psych majors.

tyrannosaurus shrekt
>>
File: 1475246328148.jpg (35KB, 602x376px)
1475246328148.jpg
35KB, 602x376px
>>39002563
>BA in psychology
>BA in anything
>>
>>39002563
>ba in psychology
Excellent b8 lad
>>
>>39002850
Every other guy on my campus has at least decent physique/works out. Except maybe for a few pajeets and gooks. Having a decent body is the norm nowadays. Gotta look good for Instagram pics.
>>
This, the people who make lifting their fucking identity are just the worst. It's embarassing.
Even if it was the damn hardest thing in the entire world it would not justify the self-congratulatory attitude and the assumed authority on living life that some of us seem to have.
>>
>>39002850
There's also less professional Magic the Gathering players walking around than buff cunts. Guess it takes more dedication to become a huge nerd than to get swole.
>>
>>39002563
Ahhhhgnald forgot to mention he needed gear to win.
>>
>>39002889
I disagree, lifting heavy and hard is really taxing, a lot of them exert themselves so much that they puke during workouts and shit like that
>>
>>39002921
You think there are more people enrolled in psych degrees than there are people who go to the gym?
>>
>>39002927
You know, I'd really doubt that quote was even regarding bodybuilding.
>>
>>39002983
I think more people care about getting an education than about getting swole. Especially since half of the people working out just do it to "get in shape" or "lose weight".
>>
>>39002563

> B.A psychology
> Taking more time than getting buff
> Reading tons of books is hard work

lol, ror, kek, bur, shiggy diggy no biggy
>>
>>39002968
So they're really hardcore at their hobby?
Practicing an actual sport is hard: you need much more dedication, skills, ability and technique is often a major factor. To be a bodybuilder you simply have to roid and lift
>>
>>39002968
>I disagree, lifting heavy and hard is really taxing, a lot of them exert themselves so much that they puke during workouts and shit like that
Most professional bodybuilders don't even work out hard anymore, drugs are by far the most important factor.
>>
File: 1471547199515.jpg (39KB, 308x326px)
1471547199515.jpg
39KB, 308x326px
>>39002563
>DYEL, the thread.
Stay mad.
>>
File: jackscooby.jpg (44KB, 701x387px) Image search: [Google]
jackscooby.jpg
44KB, 701x387px
You would know, Scooby. But I didn't expect you to be a spitter, at all.
>>
i agree. its ridicolously easy.
for 90% of us its eating food and spending like 5 hours a fucking week at the gym.

>WHAT SHOULD I DO ON OFF DAYS GUYS MY LIFE IS SO EMPTY IF I DONT SPEND AN HOUR AT THE GYM
>>
>>39002850
Nah that is more because, while being buff is easier, there is no one pushing you to do it.

It shows you are willing to do things just for yourself; in other words, that you have some self respect
>>
>>39003918
>It shows you are willing to do things just for yourself; in other words, that you have some self respect
Most people will think you're narcissistic and self centered but whatever.
Also, psych bachelors/majors are fucking jokes and anyone who's ever met one knows that
>>
File: zyzz.jpg (80KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
zyzz.jpg
80KB, 612x612px
This thread needs more Zyzz wisdom.
>>
>>39002596
He's not wrong...
>>
>Getting a B.A. in Psychology
Hey if you enjoyed dabbling why don't you try studying Psychology for real by
>Getting a B.Sc. in Psychology
>>
>>39002795
Arnold also competed in the IBBF in its earlier years when there was practically no serious competition. While being personally sponsored/heavily involved in business with the guy who ran it.

He looks good and his looks sold magazines, but his success in his 'sport' was largely down to marketing.
>>
>>39002839
>Some of the dumbest people I know post shit like this all the time.
>It also tends to be women more

I wonder if there is a correlation
>>
>>39003059
Drugs, diet, and synthol. They're certainly still lifting, but the way that most of them train bears absolutely no resemblance to the way most bodybuilders trained before roids became widely available.
>>
File: I fucked this sloot.jpg (96KB, 468x618px) Image search: [Google]
I fucked this sloot.jpg
96KB, 468x618px
>>39002563
Nigga, this man, this legend you posted spent a lifetime working hard, training, giving up most of the lifes pleasanties, just to make it, just to find that one special woman to love and create offspring with. he is an inspiration not just for the bodybuilding community but for the whole world.
>>
There are plenty of people with no degrees or BA's(some school like, for instance, Harvard don't give out BS's) who make 10x the maximum of 120k that your shitty engineering degree will net you if you move into management, which you probably won't because of the condescending tone of your op. Soft skills make you more valuable than the hard skills that allow you to be a plug and play autistic cog in a corporate machine.
>>
Yeah so what? I go to the gym 5-8 hours a week, but I study perhaps 50 hours a week (Chemistry), but psychology is easy-peasy.

Elite level bodybuilding, powerlifting, athleticism and weightlifting demands so many more sacrifices, no alcohol, partying, have to sleep regularly, cant eat what you want, etc than a fricking psychology BA.
>>
File: wigglytuff.jpg (10KB, 211x244px) Image search: [Google]
wigglytuff.jpg
10KB, 211x244px
>>39002563
>he spends 3 hours at the gym
>>
File: 1475697547094.png (1MB, 761x608px) Image search: [Google]
1475697547094.png
1MB, 761x608px
>>39002563
>B.A. in psychology
>falling for meme degrees
>>
The trick is staying fit and healthy until your old and dying. Alot of people don't commit to a lifelong fitness ideal and things start to come off the rails as you get older.
>>
>>39004460
Wisdom from a guy who started doing roids a year into lifting? Ok
>>
>>39004551
Probably because women tend to be more active on social media?
>>
>>39004822
>>39004841
>turning declarative sentences into questions

You sound like a queer.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.