[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever had a use for your gains, other than for mirins?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: 1474393634558.jpg (13KB, 600x350px) Image search: [Google]
1474393634558.jpg
13KB, 600x350px
Have you ever had a use for your gains, other than for mirins?

>almost about to leave from work
>chick stops me and asks for some help moving boxes
>grab the hand truck and bring it upstairs
>check the boxes, it weighs exactly 45 lbs
>there's 12 of them
>put hand truck on its side and load all of them on it
>deadlift it from the floor easily

God damn. If I didn't start exercising a year ago, I wouldn't have been able to lift that. Feels good brah
>>
>deadlifts 540 lbs + the "hand truck" (What the fuck is this) "easily" despite this being a much more awkward size and shape to lift than a barbell.

What really happaned:

>OP confused 45 lbs with 4.5 lbs.
>>
File: 1459642920686.jpg (14KB, 336x336px) Image search: [Google]
1459642920686.jpg
14KB, 336x336px
>>38996673
Are you retarded?

This is a hand truck. At my workplace, we have one like pic related, where you can pull down the orange bit to give more room.

Honestly, I lifted less than 270, which isn't much to brag about. But it feels good knowing that I'm able to do more than one year ago
>>
File: 1326301622182.jpg (2KB, 126x127px) Image search: [Google]
1326301622182.jpg
2KB, 126x127px
Deadlifted a fucking massive diabetes-ridden man whose blood sugar got too low up off the ground and into a chair once, felt like it was a PR honestly.
>>
>>38996736
How did you go from 12 x 45 to 270 pounds?

If what you said is true then you deadlifted 490 pounds plus the 15 pounds or so of the dolley. Which would be awkward to say the least.
>>
>>38996916
Sorry 540. So around 555. Awkwardly.

Believable
>>
I play football/soccer for in a sunday leauge for work. Ever since lifting it feels great to shoulder barge and use my body to throw people off the ball. Leg gains has also helped me with pace.
>>
>>38996630
How the fuck do you deadlift handtruck. You load it, put a foot between the wheels and pull it backwards.

inb4 that's how weaklings do it.
>>
>>38996916
The way I did it was I put the hand cart on its side, so the wheel and the top bit was touching the floor. Then I just lifted one side of it, so I can roll it where I wanted it to be.

Since I'm only lifting half, I'm guessing I'm only lifting half. But that's not really the case because of levers and shit. But it's been a while since I did physics so I ain't doing that math
>>
>>38997018
see >>38997020
It's easier to do it that way, believe it or not
>>
Twisted a cap of a guys bottle of juice off at work as he could not
>>
I can skate faster for hockey
>>
>>38997037
Do you mean put it on it's back, then load it, then deadlift it up. I never seen anyone do this but if it works, it works and I can see it work. But if you put it on its side, the "loading platform thingie" is vertical..
>>
>>38996736

I've never heard these referred to as "hand truck". Always heard the term "wheeler".
>>
>>38996630
>Do internship at a research projet at uni with 3 other dudes
>We have a small room with a meeting table, 4 computers and some racks full of boxes with old files (probably weight something around 40lbs each) that sometimes a professor needs
>Everytime a professor needs to look at one of the boxes they ask me to grab them for them

FeelsGoodBreh.jpg
>>
>>38996630
I'm a set builder. So it has come in handy when shit is heavy. It has also helped me avoid developing chronic lower back or neck pain most tradies have since I know how to lift things correctly.
>>
File: 1404141205393.jpg (38KB, 503x581px) Image search: [Google]
1404141205393.jpg
38KB, 503x581px
Every time at family dinners when my mom can't open something
>>
>>38996630
It helps me fight my depression and work out my anger, so better looking and better relationships :)
>>
>>38997575
> hfw she can't open you and fix whats wrong with you
>>
>>38997624
I'll open you baby
>>
File: image.png (317KB, 1000x1004px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
317KB, 1000x1004px
>be 1 year ago
>just hit 350x5 on DL
>uncle asked me to help him move out
>have to lift washing machine
>functionalstrength.exe
>set myself up to lift
>place hands in position
>nowhere to grab, hands placed awkwardly
>'oh no this isn't my barbell'
>panic.jpg
>have to ask uncle for help
>"cmon anon use all that muscle you have"
>my fingers hurt when lifting it
>can't optimally utilize hip drive
>finally get it on truck
>spill spaghetti on why it was so hard to lift
>tfw let Rippetits down
>tfw functional strength let me down
/fit/ didn't prepare for this feel
>>
>>38997750

desu washing machines are a bitch to move
shreding fingers everytime I have to move that shit.
>>
>>38996630
anyone else cheer when watching this scene in the theatres?
>>
>>38997750
Honestly, lifting irregular shaped objects is more of a skill than just brute force.

Depending on the object, you sorta just have to hold it right. What I would do is squat (or get down on one knee helps a lot I found), have one hand hold onto the bottom, one hand holding the opposite side (pulling it toward me)

That works for heavy boxes/printers. If you're able to, if I were on one knee, I'd get the object to rest on that knee for a second, and using that one hand on the opposite side, pull with all your might so it's pressed against your chest.

I'm not sure if you're able to do it with a washing machine, tho
>>
>>38997750
>>38997949
You can use physics to your advantage when lifting cumbersome objects. Use the edge opposite of you as a fulcrum and push the washing machine to be able to lift it from the bottom.

Use gloves if you're afraid of shredding your fingers.
>>
I work as an automotive mechanic so it helps me all the time getting fittings loose and tearing heavy parts out. I'm also basically shop bitch so I have to lift heavy boxes and do all the manual labor nobody else wants to do.
>>
>>38996630
I use my gains all the time. I'm a firefighter. Feels good to be joocy for a reason.
>>
I was on the way to the gym for back day and at an overpass there was a pretty big CRT television laying broken in the middle of the road with a pickup pulled over with the tailgate down. They forgot to put it up and it just fell out of the bed while they were going up the hill.

Everyone was driving around it. I pulled up behind them and helped them lift the thing out of the street. If I hadn't been lifting for a couple years the two of us would never have gotten it out of the road. He was a normie, skinnyfat hispanic man with his wife who did nothing at all. Basically dead lifted it up while he lifted the light end (I was screen side) to dump the weight almost entirely on me. I only DL lmao2pl8 for 10x3 so it's not like I'm a Chad or anything. Basically my gains were barely enough to accomplish it, which felt pretty good to use for something productive and not just for picking up heavy things and putting them back down again in a gym.
>>
>>38997020
Not even sure that's half, all the weight is farther from you and pressing more down on the wheels. That's a trash ass story
>>
>>38996630
Hell yeah. It makes me all around better at my job. Sometimes I have to change fixtures that weigh like 50 pounds. Take one style off and put a different style on. Usually takes 2 people because filthy casuals can't hold one fixture in each hand. My boss calls me the muscle of the department. Only bad thing is I have to work a lot of Saturdays because of it. Cheaper to have 1 capable man work than 2.
>>
>>38996630

one time I was in a packed classroom and we need to move a chair but there were too many desks to slide it so I picked it up with one hand and moved it.
>>
Every damn day. I'm a farm hand.
>>
>>38996736
>>38997168

theyre called "dollies" you fucking idiots
>>
>>38999711
I musky, hairy, sweaty muscular farmer is one of my fantasies
post pics
>>
File: 1458535602098.jpg (105KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1458535602098.jpg
105KB, 1000x1000px
>>38999728
This is a dolly you illiterate fuck
>>
>>38999781
That's a roller you dingus
>>
>>39000164
https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&q=roller&tbs=imgo:1
Check again, you pumpernickel
>>
>>38999711
pics pls
>>
>>38997804
No because I'm not autistic.
>>
>>39000267
>>38999774

You don't want pics, I used to just lift to get strong case I liked being strong, only started trying lose fat a month ago and I'm still 25% BF.
>>
>>38996630
All the time and it's one of the biggest reasons I started working out.

I always practiced getting the proper technique on doing pretty much everything physical since not doing it right meant I had to rely on strength I didn't have. Now I not only have something to compensate for any fuck ups, but it makes it easier to execute proper technique anyway.

Please put your gains to use in real life scenarios, /fit/. Don't let those bodies go to waste.
>>
yeah I had to move fucking fridges for a guy from his old apartment into his new one and carry that shit five flights up

protip: wear gloves or your fingers will be fucked
>>
I'm a Bobby [READ:Police Officer] so I'm required to bundle with people often.

It's so satisfying watching some loud fuckup act all big man, for me just to bring him down a notch.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like having to fight with someone. Makes me feel like I've failed in the negotiation aspect of the job but if some people just want to start shit... I'll finish it and make them look like a little bitch while I do.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.