[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Army Prep

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: army-basic-training-pft-image.jpg (36KB, 640x425px) Image search: [Google]
army-basic-training-pft-image.jpg
36KB, 640x425px
Hi fellow /fit/izens, any tips on how to get "army fit" ?
Yes this is a decision I have made and it's sort of a last resort, so you can save your comments.
British Army. Fellow soldiers welcome. Please share your experiences.
>>
run a lot then run some more, prepare to lose all gains. good luck bro.
/meg/ on /k/ is probably a better bet senpai.
>>
>how to get army fit
join the army
>>
Prepare to use all your gains if you have any, but cool decision. Do epic amounts of pull ups and running. I don't know what it is in bongerland but here in Burgerland we have a pt and CFR shoot for those goals everything else is gravy
>>
>>38996459
Train specifically for the test. None of this "bench press will increase my push-ups" bullshit. Whatever events are trained for your PT test, hammer them from now until the day you go to basic. For instance, if it's run/pushups/pullups/situps, do something like:
A: Run & Situps
B: Pushups & Pullups

A/B/A/B/A/B/etc.

Enjoy dominating the scrubs who show up to bootcamp without training beforehand.
>>
>>38996529
Meant to mention: get a run program specific to your event, be it one mile, three, whatever. It'll alternate between endurance, tempo, and sprint work.
>>
>>38996459
You will lose all your gains. basically you're gonna do a metric fuckton of cardio.

Enjoy!
>>
Do not know how long you have or what shape your in but unless your a absolute skelly i would

>Focus on pull ups, sit ups, press ups
>Put most of your real effort in to cardio, seriously train cardio everyday (running 3 times a week and no impact cardio like rowing,bike and swimming the remaining days)
>buy a good iron that has a water tank attached (should be about £100 for a decent one)
>bully the weak people in your section until they get better or leave
>>
Do lots of running.
Practice sticking phallic shaped fruit down your throat.
Body weight exercises - pullups/chinups and pushups especially.
>>
>>38996459
start learning how to take things in the ass, because the military will fuck you. lmao

shoulda joined the Navy, despite popular belief, we take it the less out of anyone.
>>
remove kebab x F
>>
>>38996496
Thank you anon
I haven't made many gains to be honest
>>
>>38996529
>>38996524
Alright, thanks for the advice senpai
>>
>>38996542
I'm planning to do couch to 5k since I've zero running experience... I hate running. But I will learn to love it!
>>38996569
T-t-thanks senpai ...
>>
>>38996459

Running, bodyweight exercises. Think "otter mode".

>be me, deployed to Iraq
> getting briefing from British qt3.14 lieutenant about what their vehicles look like so we don't shoot at them on accident
> next slide
>"And this is a British Snatch."
> awkward pause as we try to not laugh
>"And yes, we are aware that word means something much different to you Yanks."
> whole room busts up laughing
>>
>>38996808
I just did C25K myself. but I shortened it to 5 weeks instead of the planned 9.
>>
>>38996459
Focus on muscle endurance
>>
>>38996654
I'm not very fit at the moment, but i'm not obese.
I'm 5'2 127lbs (158cm 57kg) F
Wow I'm currently doing SL 5x5, guess it's time to abandon that... But I still have another 6 months to prep
>>
>>38996864
hmm cool, how?
>>
>>38997622
Well first of all, I'm not a couch potato. I started at week 3 or something. Weeks 3-7 are just the same thing x3 for that week. I only did them twice before moving onto the next week. Whenever I felt I was improving faster than the routine was progresssing, I skipped forward a bit. I started C25K on September 1st, and just yesterday I was able to do 3 miles in 34.5 minutes.
>>
I don't know about bongistan standards, but it's piss easy in the US army.
Do push-ups, do as many as you can, take a break, do more. There's no set number because I'm not sure how weak you are but just go until you thrash around like an autistic fish.
Run, practice for the test. army test here is two miles, so I run two miles. Running is largely mental, so ignore the pathetic wheezing in your tea-stained lungs and keep going.
Do various core exercises, planks, leg lifts and situps.
As for training itself, basic was the best time of my life. The bonds you build with those people are incredibly strong. Do what you're told and do it well.
>>
>>38996459
The Army is a joke, as long as you can run a 9 minute mile prior to leaving for basic training you should be fine. Depending on your MOS you most likely don't even have to worry about your PT score if you're not a combat job lol, the US standards are shit for PT
>>
ex drill sgt here
army is all cardio
the heaviest lifting you will ever do in basic is just lifting the fattest guy in your platoon + stretcher, even then itll be shared by a couple other guys and only a few hundred metres

you will wear a bag about 25kg and walk for up to 20km, you will go at a speed of 4km/hr so every 45minutes you cover 3km and you rest for 15m

other than that just get good with pushups, once you can do infinity just learn to fake shaking muscles to convince the NCOs that youve been smoked good and theyll move on to the next person
>>
>>38997914
forgot where i was going with this post, but yeah to survive just

A) dont be the slowest guy (you will never be the slowest guy unless you are literally pvt pyle, there is always a pvt pyle, i swear to god hes not just a movie character)

now heres the part that actually takes effort
B) have situational awareness and be on the ball. dont act sluggish, dont make people tell you things twice, hell, always read between the lines, predict, sometimes dont even wait to be told once. but sometimes wait to be told anyway, so you dont get your seniors in trouble. know when to do what
>>
Nothing wrong with serving your country lad
>>
>>38997642
ah ok, cool. I am not a couch potato either but I just hate running. I jump rope and I love fairly long walks and swimming.
>>
>>38997688
oh damn. my weakest body part is my core... and I can't do one push up... I will do planks beginning tmr. Thanks for sharing anon.

>>38997894
>>38997914
Got it, will run more and do push ups.
>>
>>38997939
Lol, I wont be the slowest I swear.
b) I got that down, I'm generally very good with my judgements and self awareness. Thanks for the tips.

>>38998027
Yes but most ppl actually discourage me, saying that the army is a shithole and they just use you and you end up with psychological trauma... I know that those are very real things and I'm prepared to handle it. It is my only way out of this shitty lifestyle I have at the moment.
>>
>>38996459
If your run time is slow, go to a track and sprint the straights, walk or jog the corners. Rest for one day but keep stretching. Time your run every week.

Not sure what the fitness test is, but if it's Pushups and situps, just get a strong core and learn to do proper form. Practice those.
>>
>>38998087
i was happier in the army, it got me out of my depression, kinda. every day i was too tired to be depressed. i literally felt like a normal person for 3 years. as soon as i got out and realised i had this whole chunk of time every day again i started drinking and going on 4chan again
>>
>>38997371
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>38998322
not yet but soon ;)
>>
File: 1464804981280.jpg (29KB, 577x435px) Image search: [Google]
1464804981280.jpg
29KB, 577x435px
>>38997371
Don't stop lifting retard, just add bodyweight exercises to your routines.
>>
>>38999061
I wont have the time nor strength to run 6 days a week and lift...
>>
>>38996459
Idk about British but for USA just get good at push-ups, sit-ups and running. Do them frequently and don't be a pussy. Really simple.

Supplement with 1-2 full body free weight sessions a week.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.