[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Keto General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6

File: keto.gif (313KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
keto.gif
313KB, 500x283px
Been seeing keto pop up a lot in random threads, thought it might be cool to have a general and share
>experiences
>how to
>do's/don'ts
>meals/recipes
>whatev
>>
>starting a general for a retarded diet made up for fatties who can justify eating lard
>>
>>38992932

>expecting /fit/ to offer reasonable responses to a valid and effective diet.

see >>38992946
>>
>>38992946
It's definitely not for everyone. I don't really care for carbs anyway so I decided to give it a try, even though my BF was around only 12%. I do think the keto recipes mimicking junk food or sweets are ultimately harmful for people trying to lose weight, because those are the habits that you should be trying to shake. Personally I've had a pretty positive experience so far, I'm down to 8% BF and I don't feel shitty like I usually do on a cut.
>>
File: 1463657689069.jpg (17KB, 255x252px)
1463657689069.jpg
17KB, 255x252px
>>38993008
>valid and effective diet
The momscience is real.
I can't blame you kids though, most of you are probably too young to know that keto is just another brand name for Atkins and that Atkins was just a marketing offensive by the American meat and dairy industries in response to overwhelming evidence that animal products cause heart disease, obesity, diabetes and cancer.
>>
so is carb cycling just a cyclical keto diet or are they completely different things
>>
>>38993123
kind of the same. cyclical keto is an approach at carb cycling.
>>
>>38992932
>>experiences
it's help me drop from 200 to 190 (5000 cal weekly defecit) relatively quickly while my strength seems to be about the same. actually,
my bench and squat are slowly going up on a caloric defecit. only by like 5 lb a month, but i'll take it.

>>how to
eat below 25g net carbs (total carbs - fiber) a day

>>do's/don'ts
do increase sodium, potassium, magnesium, and calcium intake, or else you feel a bit wonky

do drink a shitload of water, i easily do like 2 gallons a day

do eat a shit load of green veggies

>>meals/recipes
desu i dont shove lard into my face like people on keto typically brag about. protons from tilapia/chicken breast. fats from plant sources/fatty fish, so like peanuts, guacamole, salmon. broccoli, spinach, kimchi for veggies.

also, im this retard (>>38993123), so i also carb load twice a week, on maintenance calories, the day before blocks of working out (on PHUL), so take what i wrote with a grain of salt, since i guess im not on a typical keto diet
>>
>>38992932
>experiences
>>38993058 here, was able to cut without feeling super shitty, and I haven't checked my T levels but I'm pretty sure they're up because I'm horny fucking nonstop. Performance seems a bit sluggish on really intense days though, so I'm thinking of cycling prior, but researching a bit. My usual cutting diet was a 500 kcal daily deficit but I would feel super shitty and couldn't be motivated to do anything. On keto I tried starting at maintenance but felt full at a 200 kcal deficit, now I'm at a pretty low BF for no reason since I don't compete or anything, so I'm looking at bulking/maintenance options.
>how to
I try to take a "clean" approach, pretty much eat clean. Only dairy I eat is grass fed butter to make my fat macro. Also nuts, avocado, coconut oil, olive oil, eggs. For protein I go to nuts, sardines, salmon, beef and pork maybe once a week.
>do's/don'ts
Do pay attention to your micronutrients. I supplement with potassium, magnesium, and a probiotic. Don't use keto to justify eating like shit. Do consult a doctor if you have any type of metabolism problems prior.
>meals/recipes
Most of the shit I eat doesn't really require much prep since I try to keep it clean and simple.
>>
Fellow ketofag here, using it to get out of skinny fat mode and it's working so far. I went from 154 to 141lbs. I've been tracking my macro nutrients and cooking my own meals (pic related). I usually keep it under 20g carbs either though some say 30g is the max before getting kicked out of ketosis. I tried tkd which allows carbs before workout, but it didn't really make much of a difference (weight stopped going down, lifts stalled).
I would say standard keto works the best for me, my advice would be to drink lots of water, keep your protein intake under 120g and your fat intake under 145g, so track your macros closely and make your own food. My lifts so far are going up, I've been doing phraks gslp only had to reset about two or three times but that was when I was on tkd.
>>
>>38992932
it's my favourite way of eating. but i always got a rash on my breasts few weeks in that stops once i ate high carb again.
now i'm doin an experiment for a few months where i will only eat meat, cheese and eggs. so far my rash seems to be gone. i wonder which plant stuff causes an allergy when i'm doing keto.
>>
>>38995155
>rash on my breasts

l-london?
>>
so is keto better than a regular deficit for fat loss?
>>
>>38995155
It's not allergy it's keto rash. Bodyso immune system gets retarded for a bit before settling down due to the massive amount of fat and protein in your system and coupling that with low/no carb.

Use corticream to relieve the rash. Spread it all over your tits and post pics you dirty slut you know you want to yeah take that and sucks on it yeah holy shit cumminggtawweeeeewrghhhhhhh.

So yeah hope that helps.
>>
>>38995564
Stick with an actual diet. Keto teaches one of the most restrictive and least effective diet habits that exists. You'll do much better learning to cook and eat clean and lose weight more slowly than you will by eating butter and cheese for days on end and losing weight faster.

If it was worth it, more people would do it.
>>
>>38993098
too bad it works better than any diet
>>roll that beautiful low glycemic footage
>>
>>38995613
And how much do you think that carries over once it ends? It's like the idiots who use DNP but don't properly diet. They'll lose all that weight, but gain it back after stopping because they didn't solve the problem, only the symptom.

Unless you're massively overweight, there is no reason to ever do keto
>>
>>38995564
Depends wholly on your goals, lifestyle, and discipline. I feel like a clean cut is probably better if you can stand it, but i personally can't stand feeling like shit and underperforming on a cut. It does make eating at a deficit easier because I eat less calories and feel fuller. I like the mental clarity I keep while on it whereas on standard cuts I my mind would feel slow. I noticed my BF dropped way faster in the first week compared to a regular cut but it was probably the diuretic effect.
>>
>>38995531
Nope. Just a fat guy.
>>
>>38992932
It's a diet that has absolutely no use in a fitness environment.

I kind of feel like half for the thread doesn't lift, so maybe it's okay to discuss it then.
But you should fuck off this board because it's actually about lifting.
>>
>>38995633
You can eat clean in ketosis, not everyone eats a whole bunch of cheese and deli meats. I think it's a great way to get people to pay attention to their macros and cook instead of take out but yeah if you use it as an excuse to eat like shit, and are into the whole faux carb free desserts and pastas or whatev, you're going to balloon back if you get off of it.
>>
>>38995564
it's definitely good for both weight and fat loss but the sheer fuckign discipline you need for the diet is immense. also you shouldn't do this diet for the long term anyway since it's not an optimal way for growing muscle. though it did help me reach 12 % BF though.
>>
nobody who recommends or advocates keto looks like they lift
really makes you think
>>
>>38995852
Yeah well, there isn't much to think about.
It's objectively shit for maintaing or even growing muscle.

There are thousands of alternatives that are better in a fitness context.
>>
>>38995852
Carbs aren't as bad as people think, but keto is good for a cut. Cyclical keto would be great for year round low BF but I'm new to all this. Just stoked at being at an all time low BF and not feeling like shit.
>>
>>38993098
Read one of the new books on keto and you won't be stuck in the 80s oldfag.
>>
>>38996002
Try lifting weights and making some research about fundamentals regarding it, maybe then you will stop being dyel doing senseless diets.
>>
>>38996038
I've done it before and it made losing fat easier. Which is why some people enjoy it. If your eating to get bigger than low carb isn't for you. How hard is that to understand you twat.
>>
>>38996296
It's also shit for cutting if you are trying to maintain muscle mass.

How hard is it to understand that this diet is objectively shit for people who are trying to lift weights you twat?

If you don't care about fitnes, lifting weight and muscle mass and are just trying to lose weight then fuck off.
>>
>>38996343
>/fit/ is only for liftan, gettin huge

Nah
>>
>>38996343
Listen here guy. OP asked about keto. I don't remember him asking for the faggot anti dieters to chime in. What's your contribution to this discussion? Not a single fucking thing boyo. So have a seat and learn something about keto if you want, if not we'll shit nigga idk what to tell you.
>>
>>38996438
True, it's also for all other sorts of physical activities.

Funny, for all other physical sports keto is also shit.

Now what?
>>
>>38996446
My role in this thread is to maximize the chance that some dyel reads this thread, then reads my posts and stops considering keto as an option.

That way I will have saved someone from doing a diet that doesn't match his goals aka wasting his time and effort.
>>
>>38996457
It's good for endurance cardio, which what Im currently training my body for. Just don't go off spouting nonsense because you don't like it, at least we're keeping it in one thread rather than having the keto is a meme debate pop up in every weight loss thread.
>>38996474
That's also the goal of this thread, it's been repeated here that it's not for everyone depending on goals, lifestyle, etc.
>>
Easiest meal for me on keto is grilled chicken breasts and one of those steamable broccoli bags. Also low carb tortillas are goat for this. Throw in some spinach chicken breast and a little Chipotle sauce and you have the king of chicken wraps.
>>
File: download.jpg (7KB, 259x194px)
download.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
>>38996474
>knows his role is not to shut his mouth...
>>
>>38996615
How do you make your fat macro tho?
>>
>>38996768
Drench everything in olive oil.
>>
>>38996768
Bulletproof coffee fatty meats like tri tip
>>
>>38996768
BPC is goat for fat macro but will jack up your stomach at first of you aren't a coffee drinker or used to it yet.
>>
I did keto for two months eating mainly steaks and eggs and olive oil for extra fats, it works but it can be very hard since anything can put you out of keto, also people who lose weight doing keto probably lose it because it's very hard to hit that calorie with a keto diet so they are always fall short instead of losing weight from the benefit of ketosis

The hardest parts is definitely fighting the crabs carving at firsts and the meal making since it's really hard to come out with a keto meal that won't put you out of keto, fiber pills and olive oil in black coffee help and lots of water.
>>
>>38996952
Same here. When your in full ketosis as a fat ass you feel like you can run up a mountain.
>>
>>38993387
>eat below 25g net carbs (total carbs - fiber) a day
Not nessarily accurate, some people can enter ketogenesis while consuming more carbs than that. It varies from person to person.

Also it takes you a while to actually enter ketogenesis, if you're going back to a high carb diet a couple times a week then there's a good chance that you're never actually reaching that point.

On a related note, one of my favorite youtubers has done several videos on the phenomena.So I'm just gonna proceed to shill his videos on the subject here. There a bit technical, but that's a good thing when it comes to this sort of stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmybxCgR5yg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDK1z3l1r_I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lFCDpw7ri4
>>
Anyone try cyclical keto? Do you get keto flu going back in? I'm thinking about loading carbs before high intensity days
>>
great way to realize that complex carbs are awful
awful way to actually eat, since you will loose muscle mass. especially if you be a retard and "try to keep your proteins under a certain level to enter kitowsis"
>>
Keto helped me go from 300 lbs to 235 in about 4 months. I have felt amazing the entire time, better every day. Even during the first week which everyone says is particularly bad while getting into ketosis. In fact, I got out of and back onto ketosis several times, never felt bad.

It's definitely not for everyone. It's a weight loss diet. Mainly for fat asses like myself and /fit/ people trying to go from low BF to even lower BF.

You also need to be able to shop and cook for yourself and have the money for it. It's hard to do cheaply.

It takes discipline just like any other diet. The real trick is transitioning back onto regular eating once you reach your goal
>>
I will be starting my sixth week of keto tomorrow. 1553kcal diet. 14carb (8 fiber), 122g fat, 98g protein. My lifts have stayed the same the entire time and my body fat has dropped enough where I can finally see my abs. I have a bit to go still, but I have made way more progress on this diet than on 100g+ protein diet at 1200kcal-ish. I only weigh in Saturday morning, but last week I was 145lb at 5'8", which is 23lb down from where I started.

Call it a meme if you want, but I have an iron will and already been eating clean for two years. Once I get as lean as I wish, I will lean bulk for pretty much forever, and I already have a variety of balanced meal plans for after I'm done with keto. I just wanted to try the diet to see what it was like and it turned out working super well for me. I can see someone who isn't in complete control of their diet rebounding super hard, but that won't be a problem for me.
>>
Been doing zero carb. Essentially i am eating meat and butter. Top sirloin is $5. Pound where i live at. But I recently started buying beef short ribs for $5. Pound as well. Has a lot more fat so I dont need to eat it with butter to get a high amount of fats in my diet

For snacks i eat cheddar cheese at work. Lost 15 pounds in 2 weeks.
>>
>>38999421
You should get some carbs, just so your brain doesn't shut down.

That's why people don't do zero carb by the way, your brain requires some scant amount of carbs to function properly. If you're legitimatley doing zero carb then you need stop that.
>>
File: 20160821_142908-1.jpg (3MB, 2729x1833px) Image search: [Google]
20160821_142908-1.jpg
3MB, 2729x1833px
>>38992932
Pork rind crust chicken tendies no carbz
>>
>>38999619
The brain can utilize ketons for energy just fine, m9.
>>
>>38999672
Wait, shit you're right. Ignore >>38999619 then.
>>
>>38999672
>>38999702
>Most civilized disagreement on 4chan ever.
>>
>tfw found out semen has like 9g of carb pretty load
>tfw swallowed a bunch of loads, and it knocked me out of keto
>>
Do you think/learn better on keto?
>>
>>38992932
best anime i've ever seen
>>
>>38995584
Not sure, i did keto for 4 months and it didnt disappear. This time after 1 month keto it reappeared and after a week meat only it was gone.
>>
>>38992932
Anyone else tried sobad (stick of butter a day)
>>
>>38995613
it doesn't work for shit
>>
>>38992932
>Experience
Did Atkins (lazy keto)
Lost 40lb @ 2lb/w
>How To
Only buy carb-less food & Atkin Products
>Do's/Don'ts
Do keto instead if you can / Don't use this diet as a long term fix, think of it as a first step in a healthy life
>Whatev
After stopping keto because I was underweight I gained 30lb back at the same rate I lost it.
Losing weight and being healthy are not the same thing.
>>>Also work out if you don't want to loose all your muscle. Its harder to do while on keto but is a NEED<<<<
>>
File: Arteries-Image.jpg (56KB, 826x900px) Image search: [Google]
Arteries-Image.jpg
56KB, 826x900px
anyone who posts that they lost weight so fast - it's water weight, muscle and liver storage.

body is very efficient in storing fat into adipose tissue. not so efficient when it comes to carbs, process of turning carbs into fat, which can be then transported into adipose tissue costs about 30% of energy from the carbs themselves.

your carbs make you fat because with that toast you had a cheese and butter.

if you think that turning your body into mode of complete lack of primary source of energy which human body struggled to adapt in times of need, is sane in times where you can find foods that human was made to eat in abundance (fruits and vegetables), then enjoy your cancer, clogged arteries and irreversible brain damage which comes as compensation of such adaptation.

but of course, make your own choices.
>>
>>39003370
and donuts, fries and cakes you consider carbs are 50% fat.
>>
>>39000832
I feel like I think better than on a regular cut. I do feel more motivated and have higher overall energy levels.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.