[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Muay Thai as workout?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: muay thai.jpg (3MB, 2808x1872px) Image search: [Google]
muay thai.jpg
3MB, 2808x1872px
Hi /fit/, it's my first time posting here

I'm writing here because I have no idea about fitness, I don't know how it works or anything related. I've read the basic guide before posting this, and a lot of things are clear now, but I have some questions

The data. I weight 71kg (156.53 lbs) and I'm 1.60-1.70m (5.25-5.58 feet) tall, do very little exercice in my daily life

3-4 years ago I was pretty lean, and athletic. Did swimming and athletics for 10-12 since I was 4yo. Had great endurance, strength and shape. Started smoking, drinking and doing some drugs. Worst mistake of my life, I can't even run 20 minutes without needed a rest

I want to know what my weight needs to be in oroder to recover what I was. I'm in college so I don't have the time to do as much sport as before, but I'll be able to do 1h a day, maybe more if I really squeeze my timetable
I also want to know the average time I'll need to get there, I'll need to start thinking about long-term gain
I understand diet, I'm more interested in how to control it weekly. I assume weight isn't a good way of measuring things, so how do I recognize progress?
About exercice, how should I do it? Every day? Alterning days? Once a week?
What exercize is good for what I want to accomplish. I don't want muscle, I just want to be lean and athletic. I've been thinking about HIIT and muay thai.
About Muay Thai, I would do it 4h a week, leaving a day in between for rest. In that sesion I would have 30 minutes of general exercice, centered about cardio, but also some weight lifting, and then 30 minutes of combat

Thanks you in advance. As I said, I know nothing about fitness so any bit of help is greatly appretiated
>>
File: received_1151049984928726.jpg (49KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
received_1151049984928726.jpg
49KB, 540x960px
Muay Thai imo is one of the most intensive martial arts there is. The best advice I can give is dont jump right into the deep end with conditioning or 'iron willpower' regarding how much you can fight.
Condition should be an over time thing, you won't just start low kicking a tree to make your shins rock hard, that's how you fuck your joints and shins. Think of conditioning in the same way you would lifting, your body recuperates on the rest days, so make sure to rest the parts of your body you condition. Whilst doing any kind of conditioning, last stages of discomfort right before pain, that's when you should stop.

Practice explosive power, so meme-y crossfit isn't actually that bad when done in conjunction with Muay Thai. Don't skip out on cardio, gassing out in a fight is your worst enemy.

>TLDR: don't overdo conditionimg, cardio is essential, learn to be explosive. Oh and low kicks to the thigh are your best friend
>>
>>38991974
thanks
>>
>>38991601
>I'm 1.60-1.70m (5.25-5.58 feet) tall
What's wrong with you? Does your height change? I always have the same height
>>
>>38992081
I'm not sure about height, never really meassured it
>>
desu muay thai is intense but it also depends on your gym, alot of mcdojos out there. I lost 20lbs in 2 months doing muay thai 8 hours a week
>>
>>38992105
I finally understand why people that are smaller than me tell me that they are taller than me
>>
>>38992160
lol, is hight that important?
>>
>>38992125
is 20lbs in 2 months good enough? I really have no idea
>>
>>38992178
It is just weird if there is a guy that is obviously smaller than me telling me that he is 1,87 or so (I am 1,84).
In general height is not super important for most sport, though many small people are insecure about their height
>>
please guys, bumping for help
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.