[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Muscle Shock/Surprise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

How often should you mix up your routine and how much to "shock/surprise" your muscles? Or is that shit just a meme?
>>
>>38987644
its called lifting heavier you dumb nigger
>>
>>38987825
Gotta confuse the muscles, babe.
>>
>>38987644
id surprise her muscles if you know what i mean
>>
>>38987644
its a meme. there has never been any scientific evidence that muscle confusion is a thing and nobody below will be able to provide any
>>
>>38987644
Maybe it has psychological effect of reinvigorating a sloppy phase of workouts. I think it's good to change things up for novelty's sake and tire things out in different order from time to time. Not necessary apart from finding what works best for you as your body changes.
>>
>>38987972

Yup.

It's another example of bro-science getting a bad rep even though it works. The golden-age guys who are pretty much the father of bro-science did develop many things that work by trial and error, the reasons they worked were (and are) different then the 'bro-science' reasons they thought though.

People love to talk shit constantly about 'bro-science', and often for good reason, but the truth is if you follow bro-science you WILL get results.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcv70Q8pcAk
>>
>>38988015
i think the broscience of shock the muslces works is because you are doing a new exercise

yeah, theres a similarity between skull crushers and cable tricep pushdown, but that minute difference will eventually make a difference when you are much more advanced

its the same reason why those that take a volume approach to working out include a lot of similar exercises that are only tweaks

barbell bench press, dumbbell bench press, incline dummbell press, etc

if youve been working out for a while, those small differences and the way your muscles are hit is going to count

if youre not that advanced, muscle shock for all its worth, is trash

to sum things up
progressive overload, incorporate various different exercises to make sure you hit your muscle from all angles
>>
>>38987644
I use a push/pull scheme
PS= push, strength
PR= push, resistance
pS= pull, strength
pR= pull, resistance

PS-X-pR-X-PR-X-pS-X

(that's 8 days, right, in some weeks I hit the gym thrice, in some weeks I hit the gym four times)
EVERY single training is different and I generate a new routine based on past recorded performance.
Each routine lasts no less than 70' and no more than 90' (including warmup and stretching)
Say, in one of those PS there's a bench press, in the same PS there will be next time an incline bench press, or a cable standing bench press. Or let's say there's a dip with wide grip, the next time there will be a dip with narrow grip (switching focus from chest to triceps and back; if different muscles are triggered while switching exercises, I'm adding accessories to match them all again)

I use exrx and bodybuilding dot com's exercise list (but mostly exrx, since there's a detailed list of muscle groups hit by each exercise) and automagically compute in a calc sheet the required work to do on all muscle chains with progressive incremental loads. I'm also been experimenting with reverse PYT plus drop sets with really high reps and had mad results when cutting, HIRT+PYT actually inanely boost your basal metabolism (there's a recent paper on it) (the only price is that you won't progess in strength too much while using it, at least in my experience)

But usually i just go 5x5 when I hit for strength and 3x15~18 when I hit for endurance

The performances are compared even across resistance and strength trainings using the estimated 1RM (Epley formula)

I still add weight each week and if all goes well I'll hit 1/2/3/4 in January

Before this "rotational push/pull" I used ye old memes you all spewed from the dawn of times with absolutely not comparable results, so in my experience yes, changing your routine pretty often does give you results
>>
>>38987644
It is just exercise variation annon
>>
>>38987644
no, it's not a meme
I often walk into the gym telling myself I'm going to work my chest, but start doing rows instead, causing my muscles to get confused and growing insanely
but beware, muscles learn over time and don't become confused so easily
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.