[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fg/ - Fasting General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: images.jpg (6KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 275x183px
Who fasts here? What's it like? How long can you go? Does it make you "holy"? Why aren't you fasting?
>>
>>38987468
I've been fasting for 23 hours and eating only once 4 hours before bed for the last month I believe.
It's okay.
Some days I fuck up and eat less then 1k calories because I don't feel like eating or get full to quickly and I'm just a groggy angry dick the next day.

Now I can barely eat when I want to eat, and when I do I can't eat enough to cover my 2100 calorie BMR without feeling sick.
>>
>>38987538
Why?
>>
>>38987546
My religion
>>
File: Capture+_2016-10-06-20-19-32.png (1019KB, 720x1193px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2016-10-06-20-19-32.png
1019KB, 720x1193px
An absolute fast (dry fasting) is normally defined as abstinence from all food and liquid for a defined period, usually a period of 24 hours, or a number of days.

Water fasting allows drinking water but nothing else.
>>
>>38987538
Do you feel weird or incomfortable when eating after a fast? Just take some Tylenol and that should remove all your pain.
>>
>>38987546
Intermittent fasting.
I eat less and better and don't have to dick around with diets or cooking as much.

I'm going to go full into a PSMF later to cut down to 12% because..fuck why not.
I've been working out my entire life and have done nearly everything I've wanted when it comes to pushing my body, from bodybuilding to lifting heavy shit, distance running, to calisthenics and military style workouts, to yoga, to tantric sex, to tai chi, to etc etc.
I want to get down to a low bodyfat and see how long I can maintain it. Just to say I did.
If I can maintain it with a normal diet and minimal exercise then fuck yeah. If not then I'll stay at about 15ish percent for the rest of my life or till I eventually die.
>>
Day 5 of my first , not too bad yet. Any tips from those who have done it before?
>>
>>38988164
First PSMF*
>>
File: 1463147220452.jpg (78KB, 640x559px) Image search: [Google]
1463147220452.jpg
78KB, 640x559px
>>
Been doing IF and a mix of keto for the last month here, nailing macros consistently but the weight loss has been minimal. Fat loss pretty phenomenal.

I'm hovering around 206, down from 300 but the muscle gains are lovely and the love handles are shrinking so whatever nigga.
>>
>>38987468
>What's it like?
Feel a little hungry in the afternoon and a strong urge to snack in the evening.
>How long can you go?
Have gone 5 days with average health, a week after surgery once.
>Does it make you "holy"?
I feel a little more relaxed and focused on fasts. Feels like I have extra time in the day without prepping food or washing dishes
>>
Does anybody else here accidentally fast a lot?

>fucked up sleeping rhythm
>too lazy to make/find slmething to eat sometimes

some days I only eat 500 calories
>>
I unironically fasted the first day of ramadan

Actually it was only because I had a day long car trip that day and didn't want to drink or eat anything because I never wanted to have to stop to piss or shit
>>
>>38987591
No. Just feels like I'm hungry and I need to fucking eat.
But I do feel a bit odd after I eat somethings.
I assume my body is using the food more efficently.
Like I'll get exceedingly hyper after potatoes or white foods.
>>
>>38987468
im about 25 hours into a 48 hour fast

this late, im usually eating

oddly enough im only now feeling the "hunger" but it's completely manageable
>>
>>38987468
I've fasted for up to 35 days on juices alone. Ask me anything.
>>
File: 1475577002878.gif (40KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1475577002878.gif
40KB, 300x300px
>>38987468
Nice timing, fuckface
>>
>>38988896
why do you think you "fasted" if you still drank juice, poser?
>>
i just fasted for 24 hours. i ate 1200 calories at lunch yesterday and then didnt each again until lunch today.

i'm depressed atm though, so not eating wasn't a big deal
>>
went six days once, eating nothing and drinking water/coffee/bcaa's
>>
>Who fasts here? What's it like?

I'm a proponent of IF. Usually have 4 - 6 hr feeding window, 18 - 20 hr fast.

Skip breakfast for a cup of coffee (or two). Train early in the morning. Drink tea and water throughout the morning.

>How long can you go?

About 36 - 40 hours is as long as I've gone. At least once a month, if not every other week, I'll try to fast for over an entire day. Typically, I'll have a large dinner, then fast, then have a large breakfast/lunch the second day.

>Does it make you "holy"?

Not really. I was raised Roman Catholic, but I never partook in fasting for religious reasons.

I have noticed that, during 36-hour fasts, my focus and energy levels improve about 20+ hrs in.
>>
>>38988164
ye kys
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.