[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

a psychiatrist is supposed to prescribe medication

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (300KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
300KB, 1080x1349px
so why is my stupid psychiatrist saying prescribing a 19 year old an antidepressant isnt a good idea because i could be on it forever
they're useless.
>>
Fuck up cunt don't give a shit
>>
>>38984632
Don't take any medicaments man they will destroy you later in life
>>
chill nigga
plus just because they can doesn't mean they're supposed to
>>
It takes 6-8 weks for the effects to start you fucktard. Dont do it if you dont have to because it will mess with you if youre fine already.
>>
>>38984667
what does that have to do with anything? i wasnt prescribed shit and this therapist is telling me to suck it up

like what? the problem is that i cant
so why cant i get meds
>>
>>38984686
Trust me buddy, stay away from that shit. I'm bipolar type II, and have been on a range of pills throughout my whole life; it ain't worth it, and there are other ways (e.g. diet and exercise, congrats you will even get gains out of this)

In his professional opinion your depression isn't severe or has been going on for long enough for it to warrant psychopharmacological drugs, but obviously telling someone who's down that they're not down enough to get shortcut-pills is a shit idea as you'll probably just put on a bigger frown to fake your way to pills.
If you're in amurka, consider that this fucker earns more dosh if you take pills, so if he still recommends you not to, maybe fucking don't.

And you're fucking 19, kid. Everyone goes through shit in their adolescence. Don't contribute to the utterly fucked up big pharma statistics just cause you don't have enough perspective on life to suck your shit up, take care of yourself and ride this shit out. A generic depression usually lasts 2-6 months. Have fun.
>>
>>38984632
she's right. I was depressed as hell from 17-21 but I got through it without meds. Glad I did because I'm healthy now, I think being on meds would have made me worse in the long run.

Unless you are on the brink of killing yourself meds are just a crutch to lean on instead of working to fix the problems in your life and with yourself that are making you depressed. Of course if you have a legit chemical imbalance then that's a different story.
>>
>>38985514
don't know why I assumed your therapist was a she.
>>38985497
bipolar type 2 here as well, been completely med free for 2 years now after about a year on antipsychotics and 3 years on lithium. Never felt better and have been completely stable. I attribute running, lifting and a healthy diet for my success with zero meds.
>>
>>38984632
I was put on meds at 13 and I was taken off at 17, I'm still suffering from fucked hormones 3 years later. You don't wanna do it man. I had one psychologist for 3 a little over 3 years then switched to a different one and she was giving me meds that conflicted with one another and caused several side effects.

You don't wanna be put on meds senpai
>>
>>38984632
that's her job... if you really want to solve your problem you should find a psychologist instead
>>
File: IMG_3377.jpg (47KB, 450x350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3377.jpg
47KB, 450x350px
>>38984632
>supposed to prescribe

>WRONG. A psychiatrist is supposed to identify mental health disturbances and recommend a corrective action, which may or may not include a prescribed drug.

He probably identified you as a sniveling cunt with drug seeking behavior who needs to go outside and stop thinking that all your life's troubles are gonna be fixed by a magic pill.
>>
>>38985539
Yeah, I'm basically subclinical and gone without meds for the last year thanks to exercise and good routines.
Though the dark autumn/winter up here in the north is getting to me, and I've been slacking off in the gym due to studies...
>>
>>38985497
This post right here is the densest truth bomb I've seen all week.
>>
Any of you lads have experience with anxiety? Mines been at bay for 3 year thanks to fitness, its fucking smashing me atm though.

Been considering medication again but most either do fuck all to me even after several months, or the side effects are dreadful. Mirtazapine was the bets, but it made me fat as fuck....

Beta blockers?
>>
>>38986006
Ever tried tripping on LSD or someshit?
>>
>>38986078
I cant really go day to day tripping balls in work
>>
>>38986094
Good thing you only need to trip once or twice in the comfort of your living room then.
>>
>>38984632
psychiatrists literally exist to potentially
prescribe meds, the have a medical doctorate. psychologists do not prescribe medicine.
>>38986006
i went on antidepressants/ anti anxiety meds for a year and did that in congruence with therapy for a year. shit was cash. meds arent for everyone. they were for me.
>>
>>38986006

I thought too many beta blockers fuck your shit up
>>
I got a friend like you, a useless sad sack who chased prescriptions. He usually gets them, and when he does he gets even sadder when it turns out they don't help. Your psych's protecting you from disappointment.
>>
File: lolpepe.jpg (33KB, 373x550px) Image search: [Google]
lolpepe.jpg
33KB, 373x550px
>>38984632

I'm a psychiatrist, and I'm gonna let you guys in on a little secret.

Antidepressants are just sugar pills.

We say that they take 30 days to take effect to give you hope so you don't kill yourself for a month. When you come back still feeling shitty, we switch you to another pill that's basically just a caffeine pill, and tell you to try it for another month. When you come back again, we switch you to another placebo. etc.

We get paid 6 figures because you fell for the antidepressant meme.
>>
psychiatrists get paid the same to spend 3 minutes writing a prescription as they do talking and talking you for 30-60 minutes by the insurance companies
>>
>>38984632
Antidepressants are SHIT and fuck you up. Learn to fix your goddamned problems and not pop pills like some weak cunt.
>>
>>38986244
You're not a psychiatrist.
>>
File: 2536482-2021489311-tom-c[1].jpg (57KB, 570x396px) Image search: [Google]
2536482-2021489311-tom-c[1].jpg
57KB, 570x396px
>>38986244
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.