[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can't squat or deadlift

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: sad-frog-meme-butt.jpg (23KB, 450x500px) Image search: [Google]
sad-frog-meme-butt.jpg
23KB, 450x500px
So /fit/, I have this rare vascular disorder from birth. My left leg is completely covered with large, bulging varicose veins. I have to wear a pressure hose all day and it is occasionally painful.

It's gotten slightly better with surgery, but standing for a long time is still uncomfortable and this has made me completely sedentary, I always hated sports and have never exercised in my life. Unsurprisingly, I'm a skinnyfat dadbod at age 27.

Earlier this year I decided to make a permanent change of lifestyle. I've been doing calisthenics at home, read the sticky and studied closely the Starting Strength book, and over the last couple of months have been working on my flexibility and range of motion to prepare for lifting at the gym.

Then, during a routine consultation with my doctor I brought the topic up and he advised me against any heavy weight lifting exercises that would increase abdominal pressure.

I'm pretty bummed about this as you can imagine, because that pretty much rules out deadlifts, squats and many other lifts that are essential for building core strength. OHP and similar standing exercises are probably out of the window, too.

My question for /fit/ is this, what are some suitable alternatives for developing core strength that won't exert the leg veins too much? I know the leg press is overrated, but could it be a good idea given my circumstances (given that the legs would be higher than the heart, and all)? And what about barbell hip thrusts?

Also will appreciate if any anons in a similar situation could share their insights.
>>
File: texte_alt_jleejd00113_gr2.jpg (39KB, 475x556px) Image search: [Google]
texte_alt_jleejd00113_gr2.jpg
39KB, 475x556px
Pic related, it's Klippel-Trenaunay Syndrome.
>>
>>38982148

I feel bad for you brah. But most important is your mindset of achieving and change.

Good thing is: All the exercises you mentioned are not necessary to get a glorious aesthetic.
So focus on what you CAN do and dont look back on shit that wont work. Espeacially when you want to change your appearance (reffering to the dadbod lel).

You can try to do Ohp dumbbel sitting for example, just do pyramid sets every exercise and you will see results
>>
>>38982170
Isn't that your right leg?
>>
>>38982286
are you retarded by chance
>>
>>38982170
No that's T-virus.
>>
>>38982148
Cut your leg off below the knee you pussy
>>
doc is required to tell you that as a case of CYA(cover your ass). Start light, see how you feel, don't do anything stupid. Check out the starting strength board, there's plenty of MDs there, seek their opinion. Doctors who lift will give you the best advice about lifting with your conditions.
>>
Our groundskeeper in elementary had this shit pretty bad. I guess that's why he became a groundskeeper

Also mandatory SS + gomad
>>
>>38982278
Thanks for the support m8. I'll heed your advice on the OHP bells, that seems like a good idea.

>>38982286
That's from google images lol. Mine looked slightly worse than that before the surgery, slightly better now.

One of the thickest bulging veins has spread closer to my butt the last couple of years, which is specially concerning because I dont want to squat myself into getting massive hemorrhoids.

>>38982352
Thanks a lot, I'll check it out.
>>
Tell the doctor SHOO SHOO GAINS GOBLIN and squat anyway
>>
Become cyborg.
>>
>>38982148

Wait... WHY can those excess viens not be surgically removed?
>>
>>38982148
Do planks.
>>
>>38982390
That's not how you get hemorrhoids you idiot.
>>
Planks instantly come to mind to work abs, not the most efficient exercise but it's certainly not a bad one.
>>
>>38982148
just become a curlbro or something

swimming and cardio should give you decent legs
>>
File: 1469339887241.png (2MB, 908x892px) Image search: [Google]
1469339887241.png
2MB, 908x892px
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.