[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>these are your shins on deadlift Fuck my life to be honest, /fit/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

>these are your shins on deadlift

Fuck my life to be honest, /fit/
>>
>>38981669
Wear pants and use correct form
>>
>>38981669
Are you hitting the bar on your shins? This look a lot like a poor form issue that a deadlift problem
>>
>>38981669
One of my friends said to me that to have the proper form, you have to hit your shins.
>>
>>38981722
>One of my friends said to me that to have the proper form, you have to hit your shins.
wrong
poor form gives you OPs pic
>>
You realize there's no law against wearing socks and/or pants while you deadlift, right?
>>
Use a trap bar
>>
>>38981722
Your friend is a retard and since Confucuius says to have no friends unequal to yourself, that makes you a retard too.
>>
So the bar shouldn't hit your shins? I've been fed lies, thanks rippletits
>>
>>38981710
>>38981714
>>38981722
Correct form is touching the shins. Why do you think so many powerlifters wear long socks and have bloody shins?
>>
>>38981782
You're supposed to drag the bar up against your shins, not slam it into them. If you're getting red blotches, you're slamming, not dragging.
>>
>>38981669
Focus on proper form, maybe decrease the weight a little if you cannot control your lift properly as not having proper form just injures you
>>
Do a barrel roll
>>
>>38981744

>wearing long socks or "pants" in the gym

do you wear running shoes also?
>>
>>38981810
Happens on max effort attempts usually. You should be touching your shins, but you shouldn't be destroying them, especially while you're training.
>>
>>38982089
If you don't realize that heavy deadlifters generally wear socks and people often wear track pants to deadlift, you don't know a lot about weight training.

I personally wear deadlifting socks, sometimes I wear track pants also. I usually have shorts on underneath and I usually slip off the long socks and track pants and work out as normal.

Before I bought the socks intended for the purpose, I wore calf sleeves, and before that I just wore track pants.

These are the socks I wear.
>>
File: 61WNSa8NOjL._UY679_.jpg (19KB, 322x679px) Image search: [Google]
61WNSa8NOjL._UY679_.jpg
19KB, 322x679px
oops
>>
>>38981669
You aren't supposed to bludgeon your shins with the bar.
>>
Lol retards correct form is bar never leaves contact from your shins to up your thighs to your hips

Deadlifts = scrape city
>>
How. There's no fucking knurling where your shins should be.
>>
>>38981810
Yes it touches the shins at the bottom. If your shoulders are over the bar and you're pulling correctly then it won't drag over your shins. It'll be slightly away from them as you pull up. Hence correct form, DYEL.
>>
>>38981835
The entire bar at my gym has a sandpaper like surface so it causes OP type redness
>>
>>38982414
It's not so much that it's impossible to do a deadlift in good form without scraping up the shins, it's that usually when people try to do so their form goes to shit.

To say though that the bar touching the shin at anywhere besides on the floor is poor form is incorrect though.
>>
>>38981669
I'm not going to bother looking for it but there is a video of a guy doing a some massive deadlifts and he is scraping the bar up his shins and you can see the blood coming out as he drags it up.
>>
>>38982613
George Leeman
>>
>>38982414
The bar is supposed to be on the shins during the pull, not slightly away from them. The closer to the center of gravity it is, the better.

>>38982510
I'm sorry to hear that, that sounds painful as fuck.
>>
>>38982613
>>38982624
Yes it's George Leeman, and he usually wears socks but sometimes he'll deadlift without them and tear the hell out of his shins.
>>
>>38982123
To be fair shins bruise very easily
>>
Can you get AIDS from this

Say you're deadlifting and you break the skin while going up, what if someone with AIDS was on the bar and now you have AIDS
>>
>>38983199
No need to worry since you're a full blown faggot you'll get aids eventually
>>
>>38983199
you already have aids from being a fucking faggot
>>
File: 1473848330021.gif (3MB, 359x202px) Image search: [Google]
1473848330021.gif
3MB, 359x202px
>>38981669
listen here u litlle piece of shit
syka blyad
be proud of yourself, because YOU'RE DOING THIS SHIT
"these are your shins" its fucking skars of honor TO BE A MAN
daaaam, I'm so butthurted by faggots like OP, its fucking INCREDIBLE HOW
>>
>>38981710
>>38981714
>>38981740
>>38981755
>>38981874
>>38981835
>>38982332
ITT: faggots that don't understand proper body mechanics and the physics of a deadlift

if your shins don't have scar tissue then you're doing it all fucking wrong.
>>
>>38983304

It's not so much that nobody has the physiology to deadlift in proper form without scraping their shins up, it's that everybody who tries to prevent the bar from scraping their shins screws their form up and puts themselves at risk.

The fact that when the big boys lift without socks they bleed ought to have put this stupid notion to rest that anybody who scrapes their shins is doing it wrong.
>>
Just get freaking over the calf socks or spend a little extra and get deadlift socks. If you lift heavy enough nobody will think much of it.

When I was lifting 315 I'd wear track pants, when I got above 500 I started wearing socks. Nobody's given me shit about it.

My max so far is 600 and my max for the past year is 595. And although I watch YouTube and I'm very aware that there are tons of people who do more, that's still enough weight that the last thing I want to be worried about is trying to keep the bar away from my shins so I can wear shorts later.
>>
File: 1356047434897.jpg (14KB, 256x345px) Image search: [Google]
1356047434897.jpg
14KB, 256x345px
>>38981669
>wear long ass socks for deadlift
>buddies make fun of me
>>
>>38983705
You can wear calf sleeves like a lot of runners these days wear or you can wear sweat pants over them.

Or you can get deadlift socks which are obviously made for the purpose so you get less weird looks.
>>
>>38981710
That's what happens when you use correct for your DYEL poseur faggot.

Kys.
>>
>>38982089
I wear sweatpants to the gym

0 fucks given
>>
>>38983705
>not realising wearing decent socks pulled right up with shorts and trainers is in fashion rn
>>
>>38983705
I wear skiing socks sometimes, I still get bruises
>>
>>38983774
Oh poseur. Well la dee da mr. French man!
>>
File: thatfirstsipoftheday.png (516KB, 680x418px) Image search: [Google]
thatfirstsipoftheday.png
516KB, 680x418px
>>38981669
>tfw you have to wear long socks on deadlift days
>tfw sometimes you forget and have blood going down your leg and DYELs and old people look disgusted, have to keep getting paper towels to wipe off the blood the rest of workout
>tfw you get blood on the bar
>>
>>38983941
I generally don't even deadlift that day if I forget my socks. I'll do squats and good mornings instead.
>>
>>38983941
>people in his gym don't mire when you tear your shins up deadlifting

You go to a pleb gym m8
>>
>>38983941
use a narrower stance so you're shins aren't on the knurling part
>>
my school's gym has hex plates, so if your hands don't stay 100% still throughout the lift, the weight will land on one of the corners of the plate, either sending you scrambling after the bar, or wincing in needless pain. i'm gonna stop training heavy deadlifts because those fucking non-round plates have thrown up such mental block in my head that it's compromising my form.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.